Totem: Bunny

Beccah

To me this really is southern summer/spring in a bottle. Triggers huge sent memories of summer as a child. Very green, sweet and soft. It is really cotton blossom and not linen or laundry. It is the perfect amount of sweetness and overall great blend. I had to go fb on this. When I put this on and close my eyes, I am eight and playing as hard as I can before Mama calls me in for dinner,

Well, I already loved this because it has a cute bunny on the label. I really like this scent! It's soft, fuzzy with a hint of green. I totally get the fluffy cotton tail thing. The scent is very spring-like but snuggly. I'm really liking the musk with the plant notes. The benzoin is not taking over on me, whew! I actually think this might be FB.

Useless nose declared, PINK and grasses. Loved it, quite delightful, cheerful, perfect for a walk in the park. In late drydown benzoin, a death note for me, came out and frowned threateningly at me.

Just from the descriptions, this is one of my top picks for the month. Reviews have me feeling a little iffy - although they're overall positive, it doesn't necessarily sound like a scent I'm going to love. I'm just so impatient to try it out that I'll have to live vicariously through reviews for a little while longer!

• 5 weeks later...

The more I wear this- the more I like it. It's cottony, but green and so FUZZY. It's fresh, green and sweet cuddles. I know that sounds weird. But there's something about this that I'm finding really addictive. The bunny on the label is just a bonus!

I'm finding this one absolutely fascinating. It's pure, soft, sweet and fuzzy, like everyone says. I noticed people are describing this as a green scent. However, to me this is a pastel yellow scent, with whispers of pale blue running through it (but the yellow and blue are separate entities, they don't ever combine into green). There's something here that's very smooth and almost creamy with a yellow tinge, and I know I'm going to sound mad for saying this, but for want of a better word I want to compare it to a subtle hint of banana. It doesn't smell exactly like a banana, but it bears some similarity to it, texture-wise. I'd love to know what on earth that note is. :banana120:

Edited by vladmyra

This is to me a clean AND sweet scent. No, it's not really sugary sweet and it's not a clean like SC or CB 2009, which were just "too" clean for my tastes. This is a fluffy cotton with the hint of something semi sweet - like cotton candy feels, but not, however, as sugary as cotton candy tastes! :lol: I found a clean scent that isn't too clean for me! ^_^ One of my FAVORITE totems :)

I adore the smell of benzoin. (and brown sugar...and treacle!!!) But I use it sparingly because I am aware that not everyone loves it as much as I do.

USE AWAY! I love Benzoin! I love saying that word too. It sounds like a weapon. Like.. " I am going to Benzoin that motherfucker if he says another word to me"

One thing I have noticed about the Benz- is that if I wear it before I go to bed it gives me bad nightmares. Nightmares where I am being sucked out of my skin. I wore this the other night right before bed and immediately I was like SHIT I am in for a restless night. I dreamt that a bunch of aliens that looked like Darth Vader were chasing me and trying to take my body.

Anyhow this scent is very cute, sweet, and fresh. The freshness that I feel reminds me so much of Spring. Like a sweet spring morning where the grass is still wet. I can't distinguish any notes really, the benzoin is there and it prevents this from becoming to green, which I like.

Overall it's a very fresh springy scent that brings a smile to your face- just don't wear it to bed.

• 10 months later...

I SLATHERED this today it's so pretty! So of course, after snuggling/feeding/changing him, it ended up getting on my baby's clothes. BF has been commenting all day on how good the baby smells. Haha I guess it's got that clean, fresh and snugly vibe that works with baby smell.

Totem Bunny was one of my favorites! The Goat grabbing center stage for me...But this is so soft and pretty and clean, not lie the floral clean some others have. I really like the cotton blossom I think :heart: It makes me happy when I smell it, a great comfort scent to me - like you mentioned - snuggly :)

• 2 months later...

Wearing this scent is like being wrapped in an invisible soft, fuzzy baby blanket of blue and yellow wool, made from some ridiculously indulgent material (probably Angora wool, he he...). It's so comforting, like the scent tendrils have formed wispy fingers that soothingly stroke through my hair, making the world feel lighter and happier around me. I haven't been feeling too happy for a while now, so this little bit of scent magic is exactly what I needed. If only I could get myself a floppy-eared bunny to cuddle while I'm wearing it my life would be complete.

Edited by vladmyra

• 1 year later...

Totem Bunny is a new love for me!! Last month I went through some samples of potions that I hadn't tried in some time. It was an immediate love for me!! Upon applying I smell fluffy marshmallow and I think of Peeps candy. After it dries down the cotton is more apparent and it becomes a sweet musk. I don't smell anything green or any tomato leaf.

I don't know how I overlooked this gem when it first came out! Being new to LPMP at that time, I must have been scared by the notes I didn't know. Once again I am reminded never to judge without first smelling!! This does have great staying power!! It would be a fabulous potion for a young girl, but would also be great as a sweet little musk for women. I haven't tried it yet, but I think this would wear marvelously with some of Mara's sugared scents, like sugared berries. A cotton candy type scent would also be wonderful!!

I had mine boosted with Mega Watt and with Mother's Little Helper and I think Gotcha. If you haven't tried this potion since its debut in 2014, you need to try it again!! :)

• 10 months later...

This has gotten the most wear so far out of all my sale scents! It's just so dang cute! It's like opening up a giant bag of mini marshmallows in every pastel color of the rainbow, wearing a cotton sundress, sitting on a fuzzy blanket out in the garden on a late spring day. That's right! It's sweet and cute, kind of creamy and powdery. Kind of baby pink and creamy blue, soft green and pale yellow. Marshmallow powder flying, plants warm from the sunshine. Lovely Stuff! And a great motivator, it would seem. I got alot done wearing this one and so the intent is there too. My little girl also just loves this and asks to wear it and I let her. So cute!! Happy innocence. Just joyful! Reminds me a little bit of Wolf and Sheppardess just in the softness/sweetness/fabrics and sugar way they were done. I wish I would have nabbed two of these!

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't really sure what to expect when I got this bottle. I'll admit, I was a little worried how this would've turned out since my skin does NOT typically play well with Benzoin or Marshmallow Root. But against my better judgement, I got a full bottle of this anyway during the sale, and OMG, I absolutely do not regret it. This is a wonderful cuddle scent. The description for this is just on point. There really is a sort of optimistic and playful nature to this scent. It's bright and cheerful, but at the same time very soft and subtle. It gives me a lot of happy vibes. Personally, I think this is a scent best worn for spring, but I'll probably wear this whenever I need something to uplift my spirits. So happy I was able to snag a bottle of this. Sad that I only have one, but I'm determined to make this one last.

• 1 year later...

I love this one! It's so sweet and soft and fuzzy. Like a bunny tail. It kind of reminds me of The Wolf and the Shepherdess, with a musk that I interpret as animalic, even if it's not (veggie musk? What's that mean?). 

I'm a little surprised I like it so much, for two reasons:

1). I have a hard time wrapping my mind around tomato leaf as a note. Although I really do love the scent of tomato plants.

2). I have an irrational hatred of any and all sprouts, including--ugh--alfalfa.

I wore it to bed the other night, and then because I liked it so much, I wore it to bed again the next night. The second go-round it smelled more "chemically" to me, but I think that was just my brain being weird. I still like it.