Crayons: Burnt Umber

quietguy

AD-BurntUmber_1.jpg

AMBERS ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

SANDALWOOD, ARABIAN WOOD BOUQUET ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

CHAMPA FLOWER ~ Nobility. Psychic enhancer; inspires peace and harmony; fidelity.

EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

There is also an entry for this scent in the Womens Review section, but because it is a Unisex scent and guys are not going to look in the Women's reviews for a scent for themselves, I decided to add one here. I apologize in advance if this is bad. As is often the case here at LPMP, do not let the word "unisex" give you the wrong idea: this scent is very easily worn by a guy! I can see where women can wear this, but this will not come across as feminine whatsoever if a guy wears it, IMO.

I think this is a very good guy's scent. It is in the same overall vein (to me) of one of my all time favorites here: Pashazade, although there are obviously differences. I think it is more Pashazade than Cry Havoc or The Sand Box which are two other favorites here. I get a strong sense of the woods, earth and smoke up front with the ambers and everything sle in the background. This one actually stays very close wet through dry-down and on through time. As time wore on, the ambers came through a little stronger and the smoke a little less. But from start to finish, this scent was pretty much the same on me.

If you are into deeper, spicy scents, then this is one you need to try.

ETA: Thank you for the fix, Luna! I could not figure out how to get that upper portion into this entry!

Edited by quietguy

• 1 year later...

Luna, it's no secret that you write wonderful descriptions and stories to go with the scents here, but I'm particularly fond of your story for this! It's fantastic! :)

I also know that there's a spot in the women's section with reviews on this, but the men's forum needs more,as Beccah stated yesterday. May I make a suggestion that the uni's review threads be merged/moved over here?

Anyway, this is awesome! This kind of scent is totally my thing from top to bottom! It opens VERY earthy. Moist, loamy,healthy black soil just teeming with nutrients. It's spot on with nature. There's also WOOD. Big Wood (ha!), there is though! Mostly sandalwood, maybe some oud? Cashmeran?? I think some cedar too. It's definitely right up front going head to head with the soil. You can sense the other notes under this, but they don't really emerge on me till after about half an hour.

Then, unnnh. This delicious majmua appears, and it's sweeet, and Champa comes in and it's smoky! It's soooo damn yummy you guys! All this dimension! Majmua on its own is super multi faceted, so when you put it with so many other things, it makes the whole thing super intriguing and alive. The earth backs down but doesn't leave, and the wood sticks around too. The wood is a major player, and it's just supreme! I love love love this one,to bits!

And it lasts. I put it on at about 8 am, it's 4:30 and I'm still very much catching whisps of scent on myself when I move. That's another thing I love, smelling perfume on myself all day. Doesn't happen enough. Lovely!! Wonderful job!!

Edited by cheeseburger79