Dry mouth w/BI & LFN?

Is is just me, or is there something to this? I told myself it must be my imagination when I swiped with BI for the first time the other day -- I definitely noticed some dry mouth going on. Then, when I wanted to try out BTN/LFN, I got the same thing. Could it be the androstenone? I've tried a few other pheros (LAM, cops, Topper, etc.), and haven't noticed anything.

I have dry mouth alot of the time anyway due to some medications I'm on, but I've personally never noticed it being any worse with any pheros. I've only worn BI and LFN a few times - I don't even own full bottles of any perfumes with these added in, only samples. But I would be very interested to see what everyone thinks about this!

In tryng to figure this out, I searched around and came across a post on another board that mentioned this effect. It was with another enone heavy blend (TUTH) and the women who tried it both reported dry mouth and thirst. So, maybe it's not just me being overly sensitive. However, through all my googling, I couldn't find anything else out there that referenced dry mouth and enone. Other than that, I got the same kind of selfies and loved the effects. Will continue to use to see if this keeps happening...

Nope, not on any meds at all... I tried the BI straight up (only 4 short rolls on wrists, cleavage & neck), same for the LFN sample. Immediately got the dry mouth/thick tongue feeling. Very bizarre indeed. Really would be interested to know what might be causing this. Will test again after the weekend to see if I get duplicate results.

Nope, not on any meds at all... I tried the BI straight up (only 4 short rolls on wrists, cleavage & neck), same for the LFN sample. Immediately got the dry mouth/thick tongue feeling. Very bizarre indeed. Really would be interested to know what might be causing this. Will test again after the weekend to see if I get duplicate results.

yes, I'd definitely retry in a week. I don't get that but pheros can overload your neurotransmitters, if your off slightly like coming down with a touch of something or hormonal flux. It's hard to say but when you retry it write down your feeling and the circumstances ect. It's really helpful to keep a phero journal regardless. Helps avoid bad experiences and repeant those good ones.

BI can give me a headache. I've only recently been able to use it without getting the headache affect or feeling crabby. I think Eggers gets that with BI too. I just really watch my dosage there and also time of month. No problem with LFN at all.

Okay this question interested me so I have done some research for you. I belong to several other forums that deal only with pheros. Six I think. In all of those forums, this has only been brought up once like you said with TUTH. The thing with TUTH is that it very likely does not contain none according to my sources over there. With AD you can not EVER be certain what ingredients they put in them. I have talked to several expert level phero testers including a formulator. Not one of them has ever experienced or heard of dry mouth with none. And guys wear a ton more none than we do. Another point is that if you get dry mouth from none exposure, you would be getting it every time you came into contact with a man as they all emit it. Especially younger ones. Walking around a gym would leave you choking on your tongue! So it's unlikely that none is causing dry mouth. I will not say impossible because with pheros you never really know and I have experienced very uncomfortable physical ODs. But highly unlikely.

Ok at tad OT but Halo by AD do you mean Androtics?

Because I noticed they do not list ingredients anywhere. WTF is with that anyway? That last was rhetorical but that's the shit that really bugs me about other companies. Also I notice that they encourage rather liberal layering of their various a pheros. they say it's all for "science" and "learning" but how the hell are you learning shit if you don't know WTF you are layering. just curious. I had to check out their site after several comment here made me curious.

Lol I seem to be swearing a lot, must be the Black Cat Mojo.

Edited by StacyK

OT JudyO, but I love your Avi! I've always loved that artist - can you remind me of her name?

It's Nene Thomas -- love her work! Had to have it because I have uber long red hair, plus I'm Irish. Amy Brown also has some really beautiful fairy art, too. I'm thinking about getting the bookmark and print to match!

yes, I'd definitely retry in a week. I don't get that but pheros can overload your neurotransmitters, if your off slightly like coming down with a touch of something or hormonal flux. It's hard to say but when you retry it write down your feeling and the circumstances ect. It's really helpful to keep a phero journal regardless. Helps avoid bad experiences and repeant those good ones.

BI can give me a headache. I've only recently been able to use it without getting the headache affect or feeling crabby. I think Eggers gets that with BI too. I just really watch my dosage there and also time of month. No problem with LFN at all.

I'm thinking (or hoping), if anything at all, that it was an OD. I really loved the other effects of BI and LFN (felt like queen shiiite with the LFN!). It was just the dry mouth/tongue that had me bummed. BI was a little different and I'm sorry I didn't document how I felt other than the dry mouth. Will try both again next week when I have a chance. Just want to enjoy the rest of the weekend now!

...I have talked to several expert level phero testers including a formulator. Not one of them has ever experienced or heard of dry mouth with none. And guys wear a ton more none than we do. Another point is that if you get dry mouth from none exposure, you would be getting it every time you came into contact with a man as they all emit it. Especially younger ones. Walking around a gym would leave you choking on your tongue! So it's unlikely that none is causing dry mouth. I will not say impossible because with pheros you never really know and I have experienced very uncomfortable physical ODs. But highly unlikely.

Considering how much I put on, I'm sure it would be way more than what it was I'd get from a guy normally. Maybe I don't need as much or am just really sensitive to it? I'll keep trying this, as I'd like to verify if indeed I do have a sensitivity. Like I said before, I certainly hope not, because I loved the other effects!

It's Nene Thomas -- love her work! Had to have it because I have uber long red hair, plus I'm Irish. Amy Brown also has some really beautiful fairy art, too. I'm thinking about getting the bookmark and print to match!

I love Amy Brown's work!

I love Amy Brown. The one place that sold all sorts of Fairy stuff went out of biz.. I was so el sad.

I don't think I have ever OD'd before. Can't remember. The only thing I remember are the effects like- Empathy and Harmony gave me really sharp vision, and it was like I could read minds.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, I've tested and retested both of these over the past week or so to make sure I wasn't imagining things. When I first received my order, in my enthusiasm (and inexperience) I think I was a bit too generous in my application. Either that, or I'm just super sensitive to some of the mones in these blends (or maybe both).

I again tried the LFN with just a small rub this time on my wrists and in between my cleavage. No dry throat, thank gawd. I got some of the wonderful selfies I experienced before, but not as strong (dang!). Even though I've read reports of going slow and not overdoing it, I tend to go in the other direction: more is better. Oh well, you live and learn.

Next up was the BI. same minimal application, same results as with the LFN. Unfortunately with both, i was unable to test for other's reactions. But, at least i wasn't having the dry mouth i had before!

This I repeated on two other occasions slightly increasing the amounts i was wearing to see what my saturation point was. When applying the LFN, i began to feel the effects almost immediately -- it was great for the selfies (will post in another review), but not as intense as the first time i tried it. With the BI, I was able to apply a greater amount with no negative effects at all!

The only thing i can surmise is that i definitely OD'd. If I remember correctly, I probably had on some mones from a little earlier in the day in addition to being a bit overgenerous in my application of the LFN/BI. FWIW, I also did this all on an empty stomach, so it may have factored into the overall equation. At the very least, I'm happy to say that I'm able to wear both responsibly without adverse effects. Yeah!!!

Okay, I've tested and retested both of these over the past week or so to make sure I wasn't imagining things. When I first received my order, in my enthusiasm (and inexperience) I think I was a bit too generous in my application. Either that, or I'm just super sensitive to some of the mones in these blends (or maybe both).
I again tried the LFN with just a small rub this time on my wrists and in between my cleavage. No dry throat, thank gawd. I got some of the wonderful selfies I experienced before, but not as strong (dang!). Even though I've read reports of going slow and not overdoing it, I tend to go in the other direction: more is better. Oh well, you live and learn.
Next up was the BI. same minimal application, same results as with the LFN. Unfortunately with both, i was unable to test for other's reactions. But, at least i wasn't having the dry mouth i had before!
This I repeated on two other occasions slightly increasing the amounts i was wearing to see what my saturation point was. When applying the LFN, i began to feel the effects almost immediately -- it was great for the selfies (will post in another review), but not as intense as the first time i tried it. With the BI, I was able to apply a greater amount with no negative effects at all!
The only thing i can surmise is that i definitely OD'd. If I remember correctly, I probably had on some mones from a little earlier in the day in addition to being a bit overgenerous in my application of the LFN/BI. FWIW, I also did this all on an empty stomach, so it may have factored into the overall equation. At the very least, I'm happy to say that I'm able to wear both responsibly without adverse effects. Yeah!!!

JudyO what a great post :Like2: !!! Thanks for performing that extensive experiment so that we'd know the outcome :rolleyes:. LFN and BI are great pheros and others will benefit knowing you too have had good experiences wearing them. Check out the review threads and please post the great hits you get as they happen :wink2:

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=8537&page=8

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1050&page=7

Thanks, ComingUpRoses! I have yet to curb my enthusiasm and have been trying to restrain myself baptizing myself with the pheros. It's hard, I know, but I love the effects so much -- 'cept when I OD, that is. I wrote up my BTN/LFN experiences below and am still documenting the rest (boy I have a lot to write!).

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=7611&page=6

Judy O: Regardless of scientific research to the contrary, both my husband and I experienced dry mouth after I used LFN (in Unbridled). It happened on two different occasions. It was when I still thought more was better, lol! Have not used LFN since, but will try it again to see, this time with a lighter hand. I now always make sure to drink extra water when I wear pheros and also am keeping a journal. I appreciate what you have shared/written. Thank you.

So then I wasn't imagining it! This is all so much an experience and learning curve with what our personal limitations when applying mones. I *do* have a liberal hand with application, but that's something I will learn over time. Having a journal would be a great way to document reactions -- I had a great one yesterday at the doctor's office, but already forgot what I was wearing! But, dry mouth or not, I love the LFN!

Everyone's chemistry is so different and subjective to one's age, stage of cycle, or no longer cycling, and of course health, diet, meds they might be taking, etc. So much to take into consideration as to results I'm finding. LFN is something....not sure what that is yet, lol, but I like it. I just need more time with it. Enjoy, and please keep writing/posting....it's very helpful to all of us. :Love09751:

Edited by Olderbutwiser

Thanks, ComingUpRoses! I have yet to curb my enthusiasm and have been trying to restrain myself baptizing myself with the pheros. It's hard, I know, but I love the effects so much -- 'cept when I OD, that is. I wrote up my BTN/LFN experiences below and am still documenting the rest (boy I have a lot to write!).

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=7611&page=6

Wonderful review JudyO! Hope you get lots of great use from your UN version of LFN. And glad it's making you productive as well! Between your review and another user who wrote up a great one for Totem: Bat w/ LFN, oh, and Halo saying it caused productiveness, I was inspired to try LFN as well :lol:. I'll let you ladies know if I experience dry mouth. Being y'all warned me tho, I'll surely try to circumvent that reaction by drinking lotsa water!