Totem: Monkey

Beccah

AD-TotemMonkey_1.jpg

Totem: Monkey

The monkey is all about fun, yes, but fun with a purpose. Extremely intelligent and connected to the community wherein they dwell, monkeys learn to care for and fiercely protect those they love while never losing their desire for thrilling pursuits. We can learn a lot from their fun (and) loving example. A juicy shot of happiness from numerous types of mango, banana and pineapple blended with luscious tropical vanilla and a smooth dash of sturdy teakwood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 kinds of MANGO, 3 kinds of BANANA, TROPICAL VANILLA, PINEAPPLE, a dash of tropical TEAKWOOD.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

MANGO, BANANA & VANILLA for playfulness, energy and elevation.
PINEAPPLE for their prickly temperament and protective qualities.
TEAK for sociability and weathering all conditions.

I'm looking forward to this. I love the combo of the fruits and wood. Especially teak, for a summer scent.

The same usually happens to me, too, Molls, but this one is actually really working for me! The banana and vanilla make this creammy, creamy, creamy, and it takes the bite out of the mango and pineapple. I'm a fan of teakwood, and it makes an excellent tropical base for this scent. So bright, fruity, and summery. Monkey is a surprise love for me!!!

(Actually, when I tested this, it was very close to Horse on my arm, and the two fit pretty well together...)

The mango blend in this is wonderful, it's sweet and bright without being too loud, while blending nicely with the other fruit notes. I think on me the vanilla makes it a bit softer, dials down the overall impression a bit. I don't really sense the teakwood in this one, not like in Amazonia Zee, for example, but fruit tends to dominate with my chemistry. I love this one as a tropical fruit blend, it's delicious!

This one is so tropical and sweet. Im immediately reminded of the banana in Jungle Colada. It's a very bright, sweet banana and smells like a creamy umbrella drink. As it settles, the the sweetness settles down to a calmer level. The fruits get softer and the vanilla keeps them somewhat toned down. The teak is there too, I don't get too much of it, but I like what it's doing!

Edited by hearts

When I tried this fresh out if the mail I got tropical fruits with teak. Now that I've had it awhile I just get the fruit and vanilla. Pineapple can go pointy on me but it doesn't in this. Smooth mango and banana with a very round lush feel to it. This is definitely going to the beach with me.

• 1 month later...

I tried this on the ride home last night. I was leaving work and needed something to cheer me up and soothe me. This totally did the trick! I took out the monkey for the monkey on my back! Next thing I remember is being wrapped in a creamy blanket of mango. banana pineapple heaven! This reminded me of those smoothies from Orange Julius! It was thick and creamy dreamy! Very sweet. I didn't get anything other than mango, banana, pineapple.

I don't think I will ever find my perfect banana, this becomes (after a teeny smudge of banana briefly) aaaaalll mango. Mango perfumes love me, they feed on my skin and grow enormously fat. A big fat tropical mango.its lovely, but I wanted banana!!

• 8 months later...

This is one of the freebies I've got with my FB order of Cougar Potion. This smells delicious. I mean I like it but not really love it. I am waiting for a much nicer weather to give it another try. I bet it will smell better in a warmer weather?

• 2 months later...

I had a little sniffly of this one and thought I'd give it a go as it is not one I would order from the description. It is very pineapple forward on me with just a hint of banana hovering in the background. I'm not getting any teak and it's all fruit which is not my kind of thing. I don't mind a bit of fruit but this one is a bit full on for my tastes. But all fruit lovers will love this as it really is very, very fruity.

• 4 months later...

On me, wet, Totem Monkey is juicy pineapple and ripe, sweet banana. As much as I love tropical scents, its first stage is a little cloyingly sweet. Before I get to that headache stage, which I can do with very sweet perfumes, the dry down delivers a much more favourable scent for me. It becomes soft and creamy, with that banana note holding on. It takes me back to the days of eating a banana paddle-pop when I was younger, catching those last drips of melting ice cream. Oh-so-yummy!

• 2 months later...

Tropical fruit with a hint of wood. It smells in my mind like a high-end soap you'd smell at some tropical resort.

My chemistry probably doesn't agree with this as much as I'd like it to, and I would have loved to love this as much as the idea of this scent.

I'll give it a few more tries to make up my mind on it more seriously.

Edited by reincarnated

• 1 year later...

When wet this is very fruit forward. It smells like a tropical vacation or a pina colada but fresher. As it dries it starts to deepen and within a half hour the vanilla and teak become stronger, making it more complex and deep. Around this time the fruit becomes more mellow and less bright. The banana develops an almost caramelized aspect. On the long dry down it turns into a not overly sweet vanilla. This is very much a spring or summer scent for me. I quite like it.

Edited by greenappletart