TYVEY'S FLORA ROYALE

tyvey

AD-PE-TyveyFR.jpg

Tyvey's Flora Royale

(Carnation, iris, violet flower and violet leaf EO, over a powdery amber musk and a dash of powdered sugar.) Tyvey wanted this regal and like something from the 18th century. It's a gorgeous blend.

I swore I would give everything 24 hours to settle before trying anything. But I couldn't wait with this one. It's eyes roll back in the head amazingness. Powdery, luxe, very haute. Despite having so recently traveled no one thing is sticking out and it is a sweet, deeply harmonious blend in which I probably would not have been able to identify any one note except maybe the violet, fruity and juicy exactly as I envisioned/requested. The musk is not obvious as itself but it must be what is lending the whole thing the moan inducing sexiness. Drop dead gorgeous.

Edited by tyvey

This feels very LFM to me. It's elegant but in not in an obnoxious way, just in a quiet confident way. I'm not sure it would handle cops as well as other things do, so I'm not sure I'd go with Bang. I think for those who like Pop Potion, it could vibe very well with that too.

• 2 weeks later...

Although I know this has carnation in it and doesn't have clove in it, for some reason that is what it somewhat smells like to me. I like this a lot and got it in the oil. Am now wishing I got it in a spray as I think it would also be gorgeous on bedlinen/pillowcases, room spray. Lovely.

Edited by Olderbutwiser

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this! The carnation doesn't slap me around... whew! It's a soft, powdery floral and has a very luxurious and expensive feel. I agree that this makes you feel very luxe, sensuous and makes me want to languidly drape myself over a chaise, while a sexy guy brings me chocolate or fruit. LFM would be a beautiful match for this scent.

Overall, it's powdery but not in a grandma way; floral but not in a headache-y way... And just sweet enough. It's very pretty.

• 1 month later...

This is so lovely. At first the violet blooms into this juicy bright fragrance on the skin, then it settles into a smooth and creamy, slightly powdery, velvet textured scent. It has a light, floaty presence that is grounded by a subtle hint of rich, sensual depth. It has a naturally elegant, supremely feminine presence that feels innocently decadent and pure all at once. It makes me want to wander around in long swishy antique dresses, using lady words like "dither", "fain" and "buttered crumpets".

LOLOLOL that's crazy you said that - the last time I wore this I was walking down the street and in my mind kept compulsively using the Elizabethan "an" (in the sense of "if"). Not the era I cited to Mara that I had in mind, but isn't it crazy that it gives us the same feeling?? It's the violet, I think.

• 7 months later...

This is a prominent powdery violet scent w an unidentifiable mix of florals, a regal yet comfortable scent that's nice to wear lounging at home, also make for a great room spray.

In addition to this review and in the spirit of spell potion month I thought I'd post one of the more inexplicable experiences I've had w an l.p. I will try and edit it in piece by piece because if I try to post all it once it doesn't go through. Hope it works.

Last summer was chaotic so I had to simplify, I wore my staple scents and avoided new lp's till things slowed down. For months I was drawn to Flora Royale and knew the last bottle was meant for me but wasn't looking for new scents at the time. The next purchase I made was only to replenish my staple scents and right before my purchase was a new post "top 5 TYVEY'S FLORAL ROYALE" Finally I relent get the last bottle for whatever reason I'm getting strong signs to get this PE.

By this time things are still chaotic the new placed I moved to has boxes everywhere and I'm stumped on how to decorate. So far the style is eclectic, big traditional pieces mixed w some modern but stumped on an intertwining theme to pull it together. When Flora Royale arrives it inspires me to use flowers as the theme. I walk out to the balcony and realize this style will be congruent w the 3ft cement garden pedestals surrounding the property. Even though the landlord hasn't maintained them it wouldn't take much to restore and fill w plant life.

I'm thrilled w this revelation and now realize why this PE came to me and I'm jokingly thinking I should christen my place Flora Royale, maybe get a crest :P, lol.

2 days later I had a phone appt w a very powerful energy healer to clear the energy from my new place. It is an older turn of the 19th century property and couldn't clear it myself and needed help. The healer procedes toclear the energy in this fashion; "Spirit please clear the entrance, all around the door, spirit please clear the living room, the ceiling and fixtures, spirit please.." etc..

It's a very intense session and 1/2 through the 2hr session I feel major energy shifts, at this point the healer reads into the history of the property and some highlights were, as told by the healer, "Someone was doing black magic, someone else was murdered on the property, this happened many years ago not recently so don't worry, overall there's very little drama connected to the property, I've seen much much worse. Where you live is a very positive area it just need clearing"

She adds, "There's much depression and depleated energy w your landlord and her state of despair is prob a reflection of how little she maintains the property. I get an army barrack feel to the property." The healer is spot on for having never seen the place and I concour, "Yeah my landlord lost her husband recently, is in and out of the hospital, chain smoker a nervous wreck. And your right even though she keeps the place clean, manicured and is in a great neighborhood it is very barren aesthetically w no color or plant life."

Personally I prefer the outside to look barren so it's not a target for theft.

So after the initial major clearing the personality of the property starts to reveal itself. The healer starts laughing "The property has a very big ego, a very proud ego, she's kinda entertaining but feels drab, not depressed but drab."

"The property has an..ego??" I ask.

"Yes all properties have their own energy.". Then asks me "Is there a name on the property?"

I said,"No it's not commercialized like that, there's no name."

"Do you have a name for the property?" She asks

I said "Yes actually, Flora Royale."

She pauses for reflection and says "That's a good name for this property, let's do one last clearing w her new name." And then procedes with "Spirit please clear the entrance of Flora Royale, all around the door, spirit please clear the living room of Flora Royale etc.."

During the final clearing everytime I hear Flora Royale I'm laughing to myself thinking I never saw this coming when I first set sights on this PE. Def one of the more serendipitous encounter I've had w an l.p.

Edited by Cherise

I'm glad you liked it, it was always one of my favorite lp experiences and I tried posting it in the past but was having trouble doing so in one post, so like I said in the spirit of spell potion month I thought I'd try again by doing editing in increments and luckily it worked.

SO COOL, and felt like I was there listening to your description - thank you for sharing that! All I said in order was the notes and "the unisex scent of louche 18th c. Continental royals" :) the name was all Mara and just really too perfect for the blend. I'm still keen to find a dude who will try it, or can be pinned down and forced to trial it :D Still an all time personal fave.

Edited by tyvey

Oh great I'm glad you enjoyed it esp since you were a co-creator also I think many of your lp assists are spot on and one of a kind and benefit the wearers so of course partial credit goes to you but Mara picked a gem of a name and worked her magic and that's indescribable in itself.. so excited to see what's created next!

SO COOL, and felt like I was there listening to your description - thank you for sharing that! All I said in order was the notes and "the unisex scent of louche 18th c. Continental royals" :) the name was all Mara and just really too perfect for the blend. I'm still keen to find a dude who will try it, or can be pinned down and forced to trial it :D Still an all time personal fave.

A guy could wear this, carnations work well on men. I know I like it.