Lindee's Dark & Vampy

AD-PE-LindeeDV.jpg

Lindee's Dark & Vampy

(Raspberry puree and darkest chocolate, over a thick base of amber and exotic black musk.)

(I couldn't find an existing thread for this, so forgive me if I overlooked it)

This could easily be called Dark & Delicious because . . . it is! The chocolate is dense and rich, the raspberry puree thick and tangy. I wore it to the drugstore a few minutes ago and couldn't help but notice activation of several sniffers as I walked around. It does not smell like "perfume," so the sniffers didn't quite know what to think. And despite its DNA, it's really not totally "foodie," either. The amber and musk center it and keep it from being a high-calorie raspberry-chocolate extravaganza.

Nicely done! I'm going to try wearing this at night to see if I have sweet dreams.

I don't usually go for dark scents but I wanted to go for something different and this came out perfect for someone like me! It's a dark scent for people who don't normally like dark scents. I get the raspberry the most and it reminds me of the raspberry in Raspberry Rose Confite, but its not so bright because the chocolate and black musk darken it up. The chocolate is pretty subtle on me but hopefully that will come out more with age. When it dries down, the raspberry burns off and I get a very, very subtle hint of chocolate with black musk. I agree that it is not really a foody scent. This is like Raspberry Rose Confite's goth cousin.

This is like Raspberry Rose Confite's goth cousin.

Exactly, BV!!!! Well said!

This is a gorgeous perfume! I am an incorrigible foody lover, but this won my heart! It does not come across as foody despite the notes. It's dark, a little sweet from the raspberry, and a lot sexy from the amber and musk. It's blended to perfection, and I predict it will age into something unspeakably beautiful!

So this came today and was my first test out of the box... mmmmmmm!! Wet this goes on as a perfect raspberry, and let me tell you, I have tried a LOT of LPs looking for a raspberry that works for me, and most of them don't seem to like my skin (Raspberry Rose Confite, I am looking at you with teh sad kitteh eyes!). But this -- raspberry perfection and definitely raspberry puree! The chocolate stays wayyyy in the back for me, which is good as I am not a huge chocolate lover, and as it settles into the dry down I get mostly amber and musk with the faintest sweet tang from the other notes.

I got this in a spray, with half a boost of Gotcha. I was surprised that it doesn't feel too dark/heavy for warm weather... but while it's lovely right now, I am tempted to pop it in the back of the closet, because, as Gale said, I think with a little aging this is going to be even more superb, and it's going to be *fantastic* for cooler temps in the fall.

I really love this PE. The raspberry and the dark chocolate make this blend a daytime dark. I really love this blend and I feel it will be even more amazing once it's aged a bit. I love how this just has the hint of darkness but does not go into full dark mode. It makes me feel like I can kick ass and then sit down for a board meeting.

Oooh I'm so glad I got this one! Even as I understand why some say it's not gourmand, I perceive it to be a sexy foodie; the amber and musk steer it sort of towards the "gourmand SLF" category in that they are definitely present and mingling with the chocolate-raspberry aspect but accentuating the intense sensual vibe of this overall. But for me it's all perfectly balanced, I can discern all of the notes equally. It is compulsively sniffable and the kind of dark aura I really love.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't usually go for dark scents but I wanted to go for something different and this came out perfect for someone like me! It's a dark scent for people who don't normally like dark scents. I get the raspberry the most and it reminds me of the raspberry in Raspberry Rose Confite, but its not so bright because the chocolate and black musk darken it up. The chocolate is pretty subtle on me but hopefully that will come out more with age. When it dries down, the raspberry burns off and I get a very, very subtle hint of chocolate with black musk. I agree that it is not really a foody scent. This is like Raspberry Rose Confite's goth cousin.

I just had to post that as this has aged its become even more amazing on….love it

• 3 weeks later...

Hi DD, I did try a little the other night. I am on antibiotics for a sinus infection so am not sure how accurately I can judge any scents right now. The other night, my nose was perceiving something very berry. It reminded me a bit of Nox with some yummy chocolate mixed in. I tend to amp berries it seems. The musk and amber never really bloomed on me. I am not really sure if this one will work out on me. If you really love this one, maybe you would like to buy mine or we can arrange a swap? It really is very dark and sweet and beautiful, but I have the weirdest PH. :(

Edited by Rose Blackthorn

• 3 months later...

I can not say how happy I am that I waited and let my head clear and this beautiful potion age. It is has gone well beyond my expectations and has matured into something dark,but balanced. Not all resinous, but rather a blend with true mystique. The resins are there, the fruits are there, the dark chocolate is there, but the mystique comes from the beauty and balance of all of them, each with their own very strong personalities marrying into a perfectly harmonious blend. On my skin, no one ingredient screams out on its own. The balance is simply too perfect to be able to pick out any single notes. Way back when, when I first tried this, my impression was quite the opposite. I cringe now at my own original review of this one. I was happily, totally off base back then. I adore this one. It's a gem!

• 7 months later...

Today I received a bottle of this which I purchased from Rose Blackthorn. I really like this one although I can only detect the slightest hint of raspberry but I am getting a delicious dark (very dark) chocolate which is yummy.