Megan's Quixotic Xocolatl

~Dark chocolate, black coffee, cinnamon bark EO, dark honey~

Well! This is a surprise favorite for me! It's a surprise because it smells WAY different than I thought it would...but I LOVE EET!!!

That's all I'm saying for now, because doesn't Megan need to review it first? :):heart:

I wondered about this one... it looked like a sleeper favorite to me too. I love a good "Venti Mocha Non-fat with Cinnamon" once in awhile... and I bet the dark honey is a closer. I bought two other PEs that I'm very pleased with... but everytime I go back to the PEs for April post... this one kinda calls to me "LOOK! I'm still available!"

That's all I'm saying for now, because doesn't Megan need to review it first? :):heart:

Maybe Megan is't a forum member -- so spill the beans, girl! This one DOES look interesting!

Maybe Megan is't a forum member -- so spill the beans, girl! This one DOES look interesting!

I agree with JustDucky! Let us in on your thoughts...Quixotic minds want to know!

Mara or Halo may be able to confirm if Megan is a member or not, either way I'm sure she'd want her PE celebrated!

Mara or Halo may be able to confirm if Megan is a member or not, either way I'm sure she'd want her PE celebrated!

We're committed to respecting people's privacy in regards to online status; but it's been a tradition that creator reviews first, however in some cases that just doesn't happen so I don't see it as a breach of forum etiquette, B, go ahead and tell us all about it!

Hee! Well, then...

With those notes, I was expecting a lot of cinnamon, DARK chocolate& coffee, and like black honey. You know, a kind of fun and spicy smack on the butt! :666: So when it *didn't* do that the first wearing, I thought it was travel shock. I kept testing it, letting it rest a day, testing some more, resting another day...I finally just SLATHERED and dared it to smack my patootie. HA!

This is what I get every single time: Soft, sensuous, honey-musk with a hint of milk chocolate that smells SO. FUCKING. GOOD. My skin does NOT turn it to hazmat. My skin also does not amp any of the notes. It smells like a classy, fancy perfume that makes me think House of Chanel for some reason. Well, except MARA does plenty of classy fancy perfumes, so it's House of LPMP! :Emoticons0424:

So here I was, expecting a rollicking sort of scent, and instead it's a nice, long, black velvet sheath and red lipstick perfume. DROOL!!! I hope it doesn't start rollicking with age. Heh. That would, of course, match *moi*, but I reeeeeally love Quixotic Xocolatl it the way it is right now.

This is what I get every single time: Soft, sensuous, honey-musk with a hint of milk chocolate that smells SO. FUCKING. GOOD.

Dude, yer killin' me here! :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

Thank you, EOSP! That sounds wonderful and very very tempting!

I don't amp the cinnamon. At all. Amazing.

:lol:

Now that that's out of the way, I must say how much I adore this because of the mix of indulgent, dark gourmand elements. Because the chocolate and coffee notes are bittersweet it doesn't venture into cloying territory at all, and the coffee especially adds a certain smoky undertone. The honey in this toes the line between innocent and smutty--it definitely is dark, thick and delicious, a perfect match for the equally dark chocolate and coffee. As I mentioned before in my hallelujah at the top, I don't amp the cinnamon. There's just a touch of it to warm up the entire blend but that's it. No cinnnamon death. Verdict: Vosges needs to make a chocolate bar like this.

• 4 weeks later...

My latest package included some FANTASTIC sniffies, including of some GGGs! SQUEE! and i got to try this. It reminds me of Pouncing Potion of course, but it is a thing unto its own. Lot of melted 65% cacao chocolate at first, gobs and gobs of honey later. It throws hugely and it has a fantastic texture - almost furry - like a really plush rug - thick and gooey. I thought the dark honey might be too much for me but it isn't incensey or smutty at all - it's foody for sure but in a smooth non gimmicky credible grown up way. This is for a WOMAN. I didn't perceive any coffee or honey. Might need a bottle...

• 2 months later...

Errr I completely forgot about the above experience and review and ordered a bottle of this recently. Maybe I should put on more, or it's aging, but now it smells like chocolatey pot :/ i keep sternly telling my brain-nose, IS HONEY, but to no avail. Fans of I feel fine should check this out....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When I first put this on the honey and the chocolate immediately remind me of Deliciously Wicked, and I like that very much. The coffee comes in and then gives me more of a Blackstone impression, but the cinnamon is only an undertone for me, which I grateful for. In my brain it's going in a sort of SLF direction, but with just a slight bitter edge...very interesting, and I will definitely enjoy this for fall and winter.

When I first put this on the honey and the chocolate immediately remind me of Deliciously Wicked, and I like that very much. The coffee comes in and then gives me more of a Blackstone impression, but the cinnamon is only an undertone for me, which I grateful for. In my brain it's going in a sort of SLF direction, but with just a slight bitter edge...very interesting, and I will definitely enjoy this for fall and winter.

I'm going to wear this to bed tonight… Its really an amazing scent and I'm glad I scored a bottle

• 2 weeks later...

This is was a great SUPRISE. A pretty scent with a touch of whimsy.

It's a foody, it's classic perfumey, it's very unique & hard to specifically pin down. A little exotic and mysterious. I feel slinky with my own special twist. The warming touch of cinnamon doesn't intrude on the overall effect. I'm left with a sensuous lady-like scent.