Wendy's Hot & Humid

(Per Mara's description under Private Editions for APRIL 2014)

Coconut cream, almond milk, apricot and a dash of cucumber. Wendy's theme was a dense hot summery thickness, with that occasional welcome fresh breeze. It came out great! She's always got very interesting ideas.

I don't see a review post for this one yet. I know there aren't any remaining bottles, but regardless, I would love to see reviews from forum members because it is so interesting to see what notes amp differently for everyone. Additionally, reading these helps formulate ideas for newbies like myself who are looking to the future when there is enough *confidence* to pull off our own PE!

Since forum etiquette dictates that Wendy should do the first review, I'll wait to leave mine until after she's done hers.

Suffice to say (spoiler alert) not a surprise: :hearts0425: it.

Edited by LoveStruck55

This is a cool, sheer, wet & slinky scent. It clings to the skin, ultimately becoming a part of you.

Gorgeous and another one of those scents Mara does so well. It's very evocative of time and place. You feel so very "in the moment" with this.

I'm thinking a single drop of EOW would be delightful with this. In the same way that bit of earth in Summer Belle is delicate enough to mix with the other notes.

So glad I grabbed a bottle. Beautiful!

Edited by StacyK

I kinda did a review on the original PE post one day (then I went back and erased most of it!) Granted, that day I was in a good place with my SO; we had some fun with it. I'll try to recap it:

It was a Wednesday because I found humor in the fact that I said Wendy's H & H could be my new HUMP DAY scent. But I didn't really mean Wednesday of course. I mixed H&H with a smidge of OCCO:Pink and it was lucious. My HB came home unexpectedly to get some papers he forgot. I had walked through the kitchen (where he comes in from the garage) minutes before and I swear he must have followed that scent trail all the way back to our bathroom, where I was drying my hair. He immediately started huffing me & "reacting" (TMI) to the scent/cops.

(OK. I must pause to regroup for a moment. I'm trying to fondly remember details of that day when all I want to do today is knee him in the balls) :kicking-dirt:

The strangest thing was that the Hot & Humid (or combo w/OCCO Pink) triggered some kind of memory for him (Louisiana boy). He said I smelled like "The French Quarter on a hot day" which he described as a combo of VooDoo shop, beignets and hurricanes (the drink). I have been to the French Quarter in New Orleans on a hot day. It is very humid and sticky and there are LOTS of strange scents that diverge there. However, how he got this visual/memory from this combo is baffling to me.

I've really tried to connect the dots here. I asked him (later, of course) what a VooDoo/HooDoo shop smells like to him and he basically said musk, incense and slutty. Beignets? Maaaaybe that's the almond milk... a french pastry note. Hurricanes? Well they are usually made with rum, passionfruit syrup and lime juice - none of which are in Wendy's Hot & Humid. And there's no musky, slutty, incensy ingredient either for that matter. Maybe that was the OCCO: Pink factor? So technically, my first review was based solely on the reaction I got from my SO, not from my personal take on it. And while I'm not the best at identifying "notes" yet, I have to remember he is a GUY. :caveman: I'm sure he doesn't care that nothing he smelled was actually in that fragrance. We had a ton of fun that day though I must say.

Now for my selfie. Wet, I get sweet syrupy cherry. I think I've read something from Luna that explained how the cherry note can actually come from almond... and so this may be the almond milk connection.

As I whiff my wrists, I flip back and forth... watermelon? Cherry. No, watermelon. Oh HELL, neither one of these are IN this so what does it matter. It's sweet and dewy. I get no coconut - yet it's the first ingredient.

About 20 min into it I definitely smell the apricot; it takes it from being very fruity to almost a soft fruity/floral. I'm excited because as a spring/summer kind of scent I thought this may fade fast on me, but it doesn't!

90 minutes: The scent is still very noticeable. I am in a lounge chair underneath a grove of palms... wearing a comfortable, sheer gauze shirt and a big floppy straw hat. The air around me is a harmonious blend of suntan oil, sand, green palms...plus an occasional calming, uplifting ocean breeze. OK I'm actually in the middle of doing 3 baskets of athletic dirty boy laundry but I SMELL GOOD.

2+ hours: Wendy's H & H has undoubtedly morphed (there's that new word I love) into it's finale because it hasn't changed much in the last hour. The great thing is it's still hanging on - yet it has never been over-bearing at any point. Creamy, nutty, not-too-sweet and comforting (maybe the cucumber has finally appeared). A subtle sense of HAPPY. A great summer scent that undoubtedly has multiple uses with the addition of favorite pheros or EoW.

Now, I need to get back to my housework NIRVANA so I'm wrapping this review up. Thank you Mara and Wendy! :kisses:

Edited by LoveStruck55

Actually, if you do want to wear something reminiscent of that particular atmosphere, try Vieux Carre:

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/VieuxCarre/

Wow I hadn't seen that one! I may have to try it just to see what reaction I get from Bayou boy Richard (yes, my husband is appropriately named and is quite the shape-shifter between Richard and Dick)

I love Mara's take on all the NO themed scents I've seen so far... I just ordered NOLA as a matter of fact...

ETA: Thanks for adding Wendy's "review" Mara! Less IS more in this case. Sorry if I stepped over boundaries starting this post!

Edited by LoveStruck55

What's everyone's opinion on a fit for Lace with this? I was thinking of a 50% boost, given the new happy effect I get from it.

I think Lace would be perfect. A relaxed 'girly' vibe. Remember. I was relaxing on the beach not a care in the world 90 minutes into my H&H vaca (above) despite the environment I was actually in. :buried-in-sand: You could always take my lead and wear it while doing the loads of baby laundry I know you deal with! :moon452: :abfx: :lolipop: Maybe wearing the Lace can get BF to help you with the baby laundry!

Edited by LoveStruck55

What's everyone's opinion on a fit for Lace with this? I was thinking of a 50% boost, given the new happy effect I get from it.

Just a bit OT-

Not to be a nosey bitch and I'm only curious, But, if you are still breast feeding is it good to wear pheros? You have been here longer than me so I'm very curious. Cinn, Halo, Dolly, Luna? Calling all moms?

But on topic.. yes that would be a nice pairing with Lace.

Edited by StacyK

This is a very sultry scent. I mostly get the freshness from the apricot and cucumber but there's a decadent, dense warmth behind it. I picture myself all bronzed up, wearing a jewel toned bikini, with my eyes smoked out with a burnished copper shadow. Definitely a scent that I would want to wear on a steamy summer night. I find this scent is too naughty for Lace... I'm thinking BI or BANG. At least for me I guess.

This scent reminds me of a MAC ad that came out last year... Sorry, I tend to relate scent to pictures, images and moments!

28bqqgh.jpg

:Like2::Like2::Like2:

Great comparison Hearts. I never saw this ad. I too, tend to compare scents to visual images whether present or memories. H&H is an ideal summer scent (or if you live in the South - as I do - this can take you in to October based on average outdoor temps). Interestingly, I don't think I'd wear this on a dressy evening out (i.e. 4 inch stilletos and and such).. but I would wear it on a scantily clad summer's evening with tousled 'beachy' hair,heat-generating freshly tanned skin (at that place between gorgeous bronze and just starting to sunburn). A seductive, mellow, "ravish me" kind of vibe at the end of a hot summer day. Obviously being new, I am far from expert on the ideal phero addition here, but based on the visual I just painted - I think your idea of BANG! or BI may be the perfect combustible combo.

:smiley-angry021::smiley-angry021::smiley-angry021:

I couldn't wear this with BI or my Bang, which is a 2x spray, it smells strongly of cops.

As this is so sheer'ish on me, I fear it wouldn't cover the cops or 'none. I need to get a regular Bang to see how it would compare as an Un.

When I tried this I felt it was more SS4W or like Cinn said Lace could work.

Can't wait to hear feedback when everyone starts to try it out with pheros.

Edited by StacyK

• 2 weeks later...

This one gets better and better as it ages... and I find it's lasting longer if I moisturize really well before applying it. I'm starting to really get the cherry/apricot vibe upon application. Well, OK, I know the cherry I'm getting is actually the almond, which makes just about as much sense to me as up is down or left is right. I know Luna could explain it logically - I know I remember a post where she went in detail about how our olfactory system connects those two... I just can't find it! I guess since I LOVE almond, and LOVE cherry it becomes a win-win for me so why should I care??? :)

Edited by LoveStruck55

It's just that almonds produce a cherry-ish scent, it's the benzaldehyde. I think that's the same reason heliotrope is described as "cherry pie," because it's the same effect. So whenever almond is used in a fragrance that's usually what you smell.

It's just that almonds produce a cherry-ish scent, it's the benzaldehyde. I think that's the same reason heliotrope is described as "cherry pie," because it's the same effect. So whenever almond is used in a fragrance that's usually what you smell.

Yay Luna! I was secretly hoping you'd see this and come through. I always learn so much from you about deez tings...TY :great:

The almond milk in this worried me but I Had to go for it. I love a good moist summer scent.

heliotrope is always "Cherry" on me. But, it's a fruity cherry that usually works, as in Pixie Dust.

Almond, which I love in food especially desserts is usually "off" on my skin. Lucky the Almond milk here does not do that nor do I get cherry. Which is good because it's not what I'd want in this. The almond milk adds a soft, dampness, that's all I get with it on my skin. I seem to get a lot of sheer cucumber which I like.

The almond milk in this worried me but I Had to go for it. I love a good moist summer scent.

heliotrope is always "Cherry" on me. But, it's a fruity cherry that usually works, as in Pixie Dust.

Almond, which I love in food especially desserts is usually "off" on my skin. Lucky the Almond milk here does not do that nor do I get cherry. Which is good because it's not what I'd want in this. The almond milk adds a soft, dampness, that's all I get with it on my skin. I seem to get a lot of sheer cucumber which I like.

I wish I could get cucumber in this one... I'm sure it is mixed in there somewhere, but it never does assert itself.

This scent has changed for me since it first arrived. It's actually gotten more balanced - I've always really enjoyed it, but there was something "pointy" at the (wet) beginning that ultimately settled down. Now when I put it on it pretty much is the same throughout it's wear.

UPDATE: July 14

This one gets better and better as it 'ages' (although it still isn't old, per se) For the first time I got the cucumber scent on drydown, and every note in this scent just works so incredibly well together! It's become my favorite summer scent now that we are hitting triple-digits. Light and fruity enough to be refreshing, but it lasts a pretty long time too! This reminds me of a yummy summer cocktail with mysterious ingredients. SO different yet addictive in it's own right.

Edited by LoveStruck55

• 1 month later...

So happy I got a bottle of this one, it's just amazing for summer, it's light and sweet, not coconut forward(though I'm a coconut ho) a sheer fruit scent, that's subtle and not overly creamy.

I know, isn't it awesome? The notes have all melded together so seamlessly now... I can't believe I'd wish I'd gotten 2. I'm a coconut ho as well, but this offers SO much more and it's amazing to me that this incredible smell comes from 4 simple ingredients that I would NEVER think to combine! I guess I may have to copy Wendy's PE next summer, LOL.

I know, isn't it awesome? The notes have all melded together so seamlessly now... I can't believe I'd wish I'd gotten 2. I'm a coconut ho as well, but this offers SO much more and it's amazing to me that this incredible smell comes from 4 simple ingredients that I would NEVER think to combine! I guess I may have to copy Wendy's PE next summer, LOL.

If you do I will be first in line to hoard some I mean buy it LOL

I think maybe my nose has a problem with some of the notes in here, it's all almond on me really. It's in no way not-nice, I just get the feeling that along with almond it smells of *something* but my nose isn't getting a full sense of what it is. It's a bit like watching a film but having half the dialogue on mute. I really wanted to love this but I think I have found my anosmia notes!

It's made me crave something cold and cucumbery for summer though!

Mmm, this one is definitely as advertised! Wet, I get the cherry blast from the almond -- which I love, it's not a medicinal cherry on me at all. But it doesn't last; as soon as it dries down the cherry morphs into a thick creaminess that is really more of a texture than a scent. I'm not picking up the coconut, just a soft poufy cloud of creaminess with little glints of cucumber popping out here and there. Gorgeous! I don't have any other summer scents like this; it's a lovely addition to the summer lineup, and even though we are being spoiled this year by a mostly cool clear summer, I can see how fabulously refreshing this would be in heavy heat.

ETA: I had forgotten the 4th ingredient and had to scroll up to refresh my info -- apricot! Once again, I get more of the texture than the scent. As Lovestruck said, this is one where the notes are really seamlessly melded into something unique and new!

Edited by Blackcat

Mmm, this one is definitely as advertised! Wet, I get the cherry blast from the almond -- which I love, it's not a medicinal cherry on me at all. But it doesn't last; as soon as it dries down the cherry morphs into a thick creaminess that is really more of a texture than a scent. I'm not picking up the coconut, just a soft poufy cloud of creaminess with little glints of cucumber popping out here and there. Gorgeous! I don't have any other summer scents like this; it's a lovely addition to the summer lineup, and even though we are being spoiled this year by a mostly cool clear summer, I can see how fabulously refreshing this would be in heavy heat.

ETA: I had forgotten the 4th ingredient and had to scroll up to refresh my info -- apricot! Once again, I get more of the texture than the scent. As Lovestruck said, this is one where the notes are really seamlessly melded into something unique and new!

Great review BC. I love "a thick creaminess that is really more of a texture than a scent". That is spot on. It's very different & unusual but for whatever reason I am drawn to it quite often this summer!

• 5 months later...

Wow! Glad this has been pleasing to most everyone. Where I live, the month of August can hit triple digits with 100% humidity. New Orleans folks, I feel your pain.

When I contacted Mara I believe I told her I'd been in the garden and it was bloody hot already in the early morning. I was eager for the evening to fall. When I went into the house I sliced some cucumbers and they smelled so fresh and cool. That got my head spinning. What I wanted was something evocative of a humid August night. I wanted the velvet texture that lays cools as you stroll along on summer evening...not sweat so much as dew. Cucumber and apricot have always been cool, juicy scents for me, but apricots are also soft and velvety. Rich almond, but more almond oil than foodie cherry. Cherries are fabulous, but more tart than I envisioned. I was feeling plump, nectar-rich apricot/almond. Coconut, because it is eternally summer, rich but light and delicate.

So: humid, dewy, warm, a surprising and refreshing breath of a breeze on a dead-calm August night.

Mara..you never cease to amaze me. Thank you for recreating my first date with my husband (It was July, but it felt like August). We've been on many humid summer strolls during our 34 year courtship. ♡♡

Edited by Wanderlust

Wow! Glad this has been pleasing to most everyone. Where I live, the month of August can hit triple digits with 100% humidity. New Orleans folks, I feel your pain.

When I contacted Mara I believe I told her I'd been in the garden and it was bloody hot already in the early morning. I was eager for the evening to fall. When I went into the house I sliced some cucumbers and they smelled so fresh and cool. That got my head spinning. What I wanted was something evocative of a humid August night. I wanted the velvet texture that lays cools as you stroll along on summer evening...not sweat so much as dew. Cucumber and apricot have always been cool, juicy scents for me, but apricots are also soft and velvety. Of course, rich almond, but not foodie, warm, not cherry. Cherries are the wrong season. Coconut, because it is eternally summer, rich but light. So, humid, dewy, warm, a surprising and refreshing breath of a breeze on a dead-calm August night.

Mara..you never cease to amaze me. Thank you for recreating my first date with my husband (It was July, but it felt like August). We've been on many humid summer strolls during our 34 year courtship. ♡♡

Thank you Wendy for the inspiration... my bottle is down to the final 1/4 inch and I'm just SICK about it! This was an unexpected love of a scent... I wish we could get a rebrew!!!

Edited by LoveStruck

Thank you Wendy for the inspiration... my bottle is down to the final 1/4 inch and I'm just SICK about it! This was an unexpected love of a scent... I wish we could get a rebrew!!!

As I understand it PE's are doable if Mara has the ingredients .. PE reduxes have been fine before.

Wendy.. this is such a great scent. I have loved my bottle. :)

My daughter also loves it. I had to get a second for her. :)

Edited by StacyK

• 4 weeks later...

OMG please Mara... this scent ages so perfectly too (not that mine had a WHOLE lot of time to age, mind you). If there was a rebrew I'd want at least 2 bottles. It has honestly turned out to be my fav PE (and that's a tall order behind Blackcat's Sunset Kiss, LOL). What gets me is that I read the ingredients and I can't discern any of them for too long - they meld and morph together in something so indescribably unique, and while the scent is never overbearing, it lasts a very long time on me. I'd also love to amp this with something - and I'm open to suggestions. I think it would be awesome with OW or MLH or even the new MegaWatt. My husband absolutely loves this on me, but I'm not sure if any of the heavier sex pheros would change the scent too much. Audacious would be a perfect compromise (but unfortunately that's no longer an option).

Wendy if there is no rebrew I may have to cheat and request a copycat PE :wizard:

I have no idea in what amounts, nor in what order the notes were combined, but I think when I spoke with her I paired the apricot with the almond and then the coconuts with the cucumber. Four notes and Mara's fabu-magickalness!

BTW, Mara, I am going to try a sample of Vieux Carre. It sounds yummy.

I have no idea in what amounts, nor in what order the notes were combined, but I think when I spoke with her I paired the apricot with the almond and then the coconuts with the cucumber. Four notes and Mara's fabu-magickalness!

BTW, Mara, I am going to try a sample of Vieux Carre. It sounds yummy.

I love all those notes so no wonder I used it up fast...

My husband still thinks I smell like a Hurricane (the New Orleans drink) everytime I wear it, LOL. It conjures up some scent memory for him I'm sure bcuz as far as I know, not one of these ingredients are in a Hurricane. :w00t:

And Wendy I should have known the ingredients... I was the first post on this thread because I was so eager to sing the praises of H&H. I totally forgot I started this. :cat690:

Edited by LoveStruck