Help With Travel Advice

I'm getting ready do some traveling for several weeks. Of course, I want my LP's with me and would love some helpful tips on packing to prevent leakage. (Or any other tips you think would be helpful .)

I've mostly set aside trial vials and trial sprays (both rolls-ons I converted to purse size sprays and sprays decanted to travel size). Being fairly new, I haven't run out of anything yet and don't know how much I'll need, so I'm sure I'm over-packing. My concern is something leaking and phero bombing in route or just smelling crazy strong while trying to schlep luggage via plane, bus and car. (Total travel time is about 20 hours.)

So far, I'm wrapping cap/bottle seams with plumbing tape, then in paper, then small plastic envelop (the ones we get with trials and sniffies). I'm sure I'll pack the envelopes in more paper followed by food saver sealed bag.

Does anyone know 1 - if there's a volume restriction for perfumes? 2 - if the means of packing will suffice? 3 - how do trial vials and small spray bottles with perfumes and pheros do with the pressure from a plane?

Oh, just had another thought/question. Has anyone tried freeing their perfumes? Just thinking the freezing my help prevent leakage. Probably not ideal for the sprays. On second thought ... it may not be such a good idea.

So grateful to have the forum family for questions. Thanks for your help!!

Mara's responses in this thread may be helpful to you:

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=5066&hl=travel&do=findComment&comment=121080

-1- For carry-on luggage, not that I'm aware of.

-2- It should, I would also suggest you also pad everything either with bubble wrap or clothing items.

-3- See the thread I linked, although I will say I have had some leakage in travel but not consistently. What I do now is pack each bottle in its own baggie before combining them in a padded bag which then goes in the suitcase.

Be particularly careful with any full size spray bottles. IME, you can loose a lot of your liquid. I don't even carry them in my purse any more after I lost about 1/4 of my Un LFM :(

Amazon had travel spray bottles, I got a few. They are little glass sprays that slip into a silver bottle cover. No problem there so far. You'll need the BIG droppers to transfer the perfume/phero. Oils I have not had a problem, I have one of those smaller cosmetic foldable things with all those little plastic pockets and a zip compartment. they go in there and That's placed between my clothes I just wrap and go. I always carry a least one roller bottle in my purse onto the plane no problem.

Also.. you can never go amiss with some of LP's trials. I usually have a couple of trials of LAMS, BAMs and Occos at home so I can just bring them along no problem.

IMO I would not freeze as the extreme cold could damage the perfumes and or the bottles.

Edited by StacyK

Mara's responses in this thread may be helpful to you:

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=5066&hl=travel&do=findComment&comment=121080

-1- For carry-on luggage, not that I'm aware of.

-2- It should, I would also suggest you also pad everything either with bubble wrap or clothing items.

-3- See the thread I linked, although I will say I have had some leakage in travel but not consistently. What I do now is pack each bottle in its own baggie before combining them in a padded bag which then goes in the suitcase.

I put my babies in individual baggies as well and that really seems to help when I travel

I'm not entirely sure that the oils would freeze, but don't quote me on that. I only know that some don't. At least at temps that your home freezer can do.

I usually carry mine on after experiencing sticky fingers in checked luggage, and they are subject to the carry-on liquid rules (the one quart bag, etc). So I usually put mine in a baggie in my purse. No bubble wrap or anything. (I don't have a lot of things in my purse that will break them.) if I have more than one, i tape them all to each other so they aren't clanging against each other. I usually just screw the lid on very, very tightly. It's been successful for me!