A thread devoted to providing a helping hand to the phero’ly misguided. Your extensive knowledge is greatly appreciated LP members. Thank you in advance!

Please weigh in to say whether a notion is good, bad, ugly or just plain ol’ “meh.” As well, feel free to come on back and post if you should ever have a need. A second opinion can be nice at times :)

I think Cougar with Open Windows might be a bit much. I think I would pick one or the other.

They are both happy, but each in a different way.

Edited by Dolly

Thank you Dolly, this week I've been trying to go with one blend which is customarily *not* my modus operandi. LOL and :Blusher:

Thing is I have a meeting tomorrow with someone who responds extremely well to Open Windows. And I will most likely run into the guy I'm crushing on as well. Just wanted to cover all the bases ya' know. These are the times where I find it hard to wear one blend :(

:say19: Yes I've read them. I've even posted on the side of not mixing pheros. I completely understand why they should not be. I'm still in the learning phase two months into use. Oh, and also the honeymoon stage so I have two issues to contend with ^_^ . In learning, it will take me a while to figure out which blends are complex. -And which can be used as accompaniments :huh:

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1688

You can always layer with OCCOs, PheroGirl, or straight EoW (that one can be a little tricky if you're new though). Of course, Topper is made for layering. If you add even a single molecule over whichever blend you are wearing, you run the risk of skewing the results.

I would say do a lot of experimenting to see how the individual blends work on you before you start even thinking about layering. Otherwise, you will be wasting money AND producing a result that most likely could not be duplicated.

There's really not much you can layer on top of a blend. Cops or a-nol or DHEAS may help do a little steering of an effect, but as Dolly points out, you're really wasting your money by not just taking advantage of each particular blend for its own merits.

Thank you Dolly, this week I've been trying to go with one blend which is customarily *not* my modus operandi. LOL and :Blusher:

Thing is I have a meeting tomorrow with someone who responds extremely well to Open Windows. And I will most likely run into the guy I'm crushing on as well. Just wanted to cover all the bases ya' know. These are the times where I find it hard to wear one blend :(

In a case like this, I would wear Cougar (which is more of a sassy social for me, rather than a "sexytime" phero) and take some OCCO to discreetly add later, when you see your crush.

That's the only combination I've been wearing: adding some Occo to give a phero mix a sexy edge. And of course Topper because that's what it's made for. I will wear a phero scent with some cops, and in the afternoon add a spritz of Topper if I feel I want a boost. Makes for grand days.

When I first got Topper I wore loads of it in the morning already, and it was a successful experiment cause people reacted like crazy. Now I go easier on the application. Dont wanna wear everyone out all the time, myself included ;-)

You can always layer with OCCOs, PheroGirl, or straight EoW (that one can be a little tricky if you're new though). Of course, Topper is made for layering. If you add even a single molecule over whichever blend you are wearing, you run the risk of skewing the results.

I would say do a lot of experimenting to see how the individual blends work on you before you start even thinking about layering. Otherwise, you will be wasting money AND producing a result that most likely could not be duplicated.

Thank you, great information Dolly. And yes, this is where I am now, the experimentation stage. Made mistakes and will probably make some more before I'm on firm ground. I do have some OCCOs and EoW -still have to get PheroGirl and Topper. PheroGirl wasn't on my radar but you've just made it quite appealing knowing it has that versatility. When you say EoW can be tricky...in what way? :o

Edited by ComingUpRoses

There's really not much you can layer on top of a blend. Cops or a-nol or DHEAS may help do a little steering of an effect, but as Dolly points out, you're really wasting your money by not just taking advantage of each particular blend for its own merits.

I've formed a love for DHEAS so I'm happy to have a fair amount of familiarity with that molecule in my newbie state :lol: . A-nol I will need to look up because I don't know what that does in terms of steering Luna. Thank you for mentioning that as I'll definitely add it to my GUS list. Cops? I'm mildly distressed at not being able to use them as much as I'd like to right now. My best testing ground is work; with me not being in an exclusive relationship, I'm not too comfortable sporting cops on the job. Once I'm "paired up" it'll be another matter perhaps :666:

In a case like this, I would wear Cougar (which is more of a sassy social for me, rather than a "sexytime" phero) and take some OCCO to discreetly add later, when you see your crush.

Can I tell ya' I have yet to take anything with me outside the house Molls :rolleyes: . I apply blends in the morning and don't reapply in the afternoons so haven't carried any stash with me. Your idea is perfect! I'll have to start carrying some stuff with me to suit the day's activities. There was a post I saw where you mentioned Altoids cases were good to hold the oils. That-Is-Awesome! I have that in mind and next time I'm in a supermarket will surely get some Altoids. It's great because the bottles will be protected and the Altoids case makes a perfect 'cover' :wink2:

That's the only combination I've been wearing: adding some Occo to give a phero mix a sexy edge. And of course Topper because that's what it's made for. I will wear a phero scent with some cops, and in the afternoon add a spritz of Topper if I feel I want a boost. Makes for grand days.

When I first got Topper I wore loads of it in the morning already, and it was a successful experiment cause people reacted like crazy. Now I go easier on the application. Dont wanna wear everyone out all the time, myself included ;-)

And that's exactly what happens! Initially we go a lil' crazy in the experimentation stage but soon enough we level off. I know I go crazy for sure :wub:. It's not good to wear ourselves and others out ^_^ . My dear, you are one of the Topper queens, you love the phero! I have to look up the review thread to see your comments on it. I had it on my last order order list but it got bumped. I bought Levitation instead. I have to move Topper back up the list.

I love what you said "Makes for grand days." When I get me some Topper, I'm going to put a little sticky note on it with that quote of yours :love: -thanks for posting dear xoxo.

Edited by ComingUpRoses

Thank you, great information Dolly. And yes, this is where I am now, the experimentation stage. Made mistakes and will probably make some more before I'm on firm ground. I do have some OCCOs and EoW -still have to get PheroGirl and Topper. PheroGirl wasn't on my radar but you've just made it quite appealing knowing it has that versatility. When you say EoW can be tricky...in what way? :o

Straight EoW can be very difficult to cover.....if you have never smelled it straight, you will not know what I am talking about. Straight and not dried down, it smells.....I have heard people say it smells like vinegar, cheese, rotting fruit, and/or dirty feet. On some people it dries down to something akin to slightly over-ripe fruit, but there are some who say that they have a hard time getting it to dry down so it can be covered effectively. A lot of how it smells when it dries down will depend on skin chemistry. There is nothing that will clear a room quicker than someone who has the EoW stank bleeding through a perfume that is too light. And, if you try boosting your own perfumes with it, you can easily add too much and ruin a whole bottle of perfume. Most newbies don't deal with it for those reasons. EoW in a perfume will bloom.....You have to add a bit, let it sit for a day or so, smell it, add more....or not. It takes some practice.

I have been using straight EoW for a little over 10 years, so I know how to work with it to its max effectiveness. I know which scents can handle it, which ones can't, and how much to try.

Straight EoW can be very difficult to cover.....if you have never smelled it straight, you will not know what I am talking about. Straight and not dried down, it smells.....I have heard people say it smells like vinegar, cheese, rotting fruit, and/or dirty feet. On some people it dries down to something akin to slightly over-ripe fruit, but there are some who say that they have a hard time getting it to dry down so it can be covered effectively. A lot of how it smells when it dries down will depend on skin chemistry. There is nothing that will clear a room quicker than someone who has the EoW stank bleeding through a perfume that is too light. And, if you try boosting your own perfumes with it, you can easily add too much and ruin a whole bottle of perfume. Most newbies don't deal with it for those reasons. EoW in a perfume will bloom.....You have to add a bit, let it sit for a day or so, smell it, add more....or not. It takes some practice.

I have been using straight EoW for a little over 10 years, so I know how to work with it to its max effectiveness. I know which scents can handle it, which ones can't, and how much to try.

"Feet " Lol.

Wet,, I think it smells like all three (vinegar, fruit and a touch of "cheese"). Very strong.

I find scents usually need a good deep base to work with it safely. Any rich base, it can be dark resinous, dark chocolate, rich vanilla or cream, the EOW adds this sexy touch of sweetness to the scent. Of course it's great in thick fruity scents, and good with honey too.

There was a great fruity scent. " Dolly's and Sticky". amazing with cops. But I think that was the point! :)

I love the Occo scents and will probably not need EoW anytime soon. If I want a scent copped, I let Mara do it. LOL She knows better than I how much a scent can handle. For me LP was a dream come true because they take the guess work out of it for me. I don't have to worry about each molecule...just trial and error with a blend to find my sweet spot. As mentioned up thread, mixing the blends may not get you anything but wasted money. While blend A and blend B may each get you fabulous results, blend A+B may get you nothing. I have been buying LP since last Nov and I have learned to just let the blend work as intended. Everyone experiments at some point. That is human nature....I have accepted that those who make these blends are experts at mixing and now that my collection is growing, I am plenty satisfied with using them alone or with the addition of Cops. I have added LAM to MRF with great success but since it is a sex oriented blend, I don't use it much. MRF on it's own is great and it does exactly what is intended.

"Feet " Lol.

Wet,, I think it smells like all three (vinegar, fruit and a touch of "cheese"). Very strong.

To me, wet and dry, EoW smells like vomit -- wet, it smells like fresh vomit and dry, it smells like last night's vomit. I bought a bottle of the straight stuff thinking that I would just add cops as I wanted them and not have to choose my scents based on whether or not they had cops, but I am still experimenting trying to figure out that sweet spot between stenchy and sexy. :)

I read in one of the forum posts (somewhere! lol) to wear just a dot on your throat at your pulse points and a dot in your cleavage, so I tried that. I blotted it before it dried down completely bc i just could not stand that smell of vomit.

BF responds instantly to cops in my CB boosted Atomic Mandarin and totally huffs my neck when I wear Phero Girl (and omg let the play time begin! lol!), so I know this stuff is definitely effective.

To me, wet and dry, EoW smells like vomit -- wet, it smells like fresh vomit and dry, it smells like last night's vomit. I bought a bottle of the straight stuff thinking that I would just add cops as I wanted them and not have to choose my scents based on whether or not they had cops, but I am still experimenting trying to figure out that sweet spot between stenchy and sexy. :)

I read in one of the forum posts (somewhere! lol) to wear just a dot on your throat at your pulse points and a dot in your cleavage, so I tried that. I blotted it before it dried down completely bc i just could not stand that smell of vomit.

BF responds instantly to cops in my CB boosted Atomic Mandarin and totally huffs my neck when I wear Phero Girl (and omg let the play time begin! lol!), so I know this stuff is definitely effective.

I personally don't wear EOW on my neck/throat at all. #1, I would smell it to much and that's to close to my face for my comfort zone. My cleavage is a favorite spot! I doesn't irritate my skin so .. great. And while I do get a good dose of the aroma after dry down it does not bother me, it become a ripe fruit'ish smell. So with the straight stuff it's just a dab in the cleavage or in addition to that I'll add a small 3-4 inch stripe in my torso. Then a scent with it.

So far I've had LP do my cops boosting but I did get some droppers so I have the option at home now.

Thanks for the info Dolly! You have a considerable amount of experience with EoW having used it 10+ years :lol: . Wow! I do have a bottle of LP EoW and to me it smells like cheese. I didn't find it to be unpleasant but wouldn't want that bleeding thru. I've used it once in two months...didn't leave the house that day :Blusher: . I hadn't intended to so I thought it would be a safe day to experiment. It dried down ok that I could remember. I don't recall what cover scent I used but I think that worked out alright as well. You're right in use of it taking some practice. I understand now what you meant about it being tricky with different variables to take under consideration. People who are able to boost their perfumes with it are well beyond my level of experience. I'm not ready to pry a roller ball from a bottle let alone that :o . The bottle of EoW I have is in my hope chest right now. I thought I'd be safer with OCCOs and pre-copped blends until such time.

"Feet " Lol.

I find scents usually need a good deep base to work with it safely. Any rich base, it can be dark resinous, dark chocolate, rich vanilla or cream, the EOW adds this sexy touch of sweetness to the scent. Of course it's great in thick fruity scents, and good with honey too.

There was a great fruity scent. " Dolly's and Sticky". amazing with cops. But I think that was the point! :)

:lol2: It's something else how our sense of smell can vary so much!

I'll have to sniff EoW again to see if I can get anything other than cheese. I might detect a little vinegar but fruit...no. Not there yet. I like the thought of using a thick fruity scent as a base. How long did it take you to develop a good footing with covering EoW Stacy?

I love the Occo scents and will probably not need EoW anytime soon. If I want a scent copped, I let Mara do it. LOL She knows better than I how much a scent can handle. For me LP was a dream come true because they take the guess work out of it for me. I don't have to worry about each molecule...just trial and error with a blend to find my sweet spot. As mentioned up thread, mixing the blends may not get you anything but wasted money. While blend A and blend B may each get you fabulous results, blend A+B may get you nothing. I have been buying LP since last Nov and I have learned to just let the blend work as intended. Everyone experiments at some point. That is human nature....I have accepted that those who make these blends are experts at mixing and now that my collection is growing, I am plenty satisfied with using them alone or with the addition of Cops. I have added LAM to MRF with great success but since it is a sex oriented blend, I don't use it much. MRF on it's own is great and it does exactly what is intended.

Well put Irish Eyes, thank you :rolleyes:. You have a great approach and for the most part I'd follow it to the letter. I'm battling the experimentation / honeymoon phase where my head and heart aren't in agreement, lol. You said it...human nature dictates that everyone experiments at some point. I haven't quite pegged myself yet as to what type of LP-er I'll ultimately be. Too soon to tell. I've never liked putting things together around the house tho. I'll probably dabble with cops here and there. For the most part I'm thinking I'll be buying a lot of pre-copped blends...

Vomit! Oh dear, ummm yeah, not good Cougarrific :lol2: . Good luck in finding the sweet spot between stenchy and sexy. The fact that you know your BF is so responsive is a great incentive to keep trying to find that balance...

I personally don't wear EOW on my neck/throat at all. #1, I would smell it to much and that's to close to my face for my comfort zone. My cleavage is a favorite spot! I doesn't irritate my skin so .. great. And while I do get a good dose of the aroma after dry down it does not bother me, it become a ripe fruit'ish smell. So with the straight stuff it's just a dab in the cleavage or in addition to that I'll add a small 3-4 inch stripe in my torso. Then a scent with it.

So far I've had LP do my cops boosting but I did get some droppers so I have the option at home now.

Having LP do the boosting seems like popular consensus :)

A lil’ dab’ll do ya’

If a person needs to only wear a very small amount of cops to elicit a response, does that mean they are producing a good amount on their own? Small as in a half inch of EoW or a dime size dollop of the scented cream with cops.

TIA

A lil’ dab’ll do ya’

If a person needs to only wear a very small amount of cops to elicit a response, does that mean they are producing a good amount on their own? Small as in a half inch of EoW or a dime size dollop of the scented cream with cops.

TIA

Yes. That is why everyone has their own sweet spot with regards to cops (and pheros in general for that matter). Everyone's body produces a different level of pheros and cops.

:lol2: It's something else how our sense of smell can vary so much!

I'll have to sniff EoW again to see if I can get anything other than cheese. I might detect a little vinegar but fruit...no. Not there yet. I like the thought of using a thick fruity scent as a base. How long did it take you to develop a good footing with covering EoW Stacy?

I got the general idea right away. Reading the threads ect. The thick fruity scents are excellent for a cop cover. I believe some are developed specifically for that purpose. IMO the EOW becomes like another note in the scent, often making it sweeter and sexier.

The same is true of some other scents. There's a really sexy old scent called Spontaneous Combustion. This is pretty sexy smelling on it own but I found it "to die for" when I followed Dolly's advice and added cops. I liken it to adding sugar to coffee in a way.

I have a delish scent called " Ann's Brown Sugar Black Amber " I asked Mara if it could take a boost of Sexpinoage, which has a lot of cops. She said she thought it was a good pairing and that the cops would make the scent even sexier.

Smelling cops out of the bottle is going to leave you with the "stinky" impression. Straight EOW, stanks! After dry down when it melds with your skin is the scent you can usually live with. It can smell slightly different on everyone. How you cover it depends on how it smells on you and your own comfort level.