Love Potion: Blue

AD-LP-Blue_1.jpg

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
TONKA ~ Love, money, courage, wishes granted; wards off illness.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
LEATHER ~ The musky scent of leather inspires feelings of lust, personal power, and provides a hint of danger.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
ARABIAN SPICE BLEND ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money, sexual arousal.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/LPBlue/

In the tradition of our other colorful Love Potion® variants, we've created a hue of Blue which allows our beloved LPMP addicts to enjoy wearing a deliciously sweetened version of boysmell! A velvety base of thick amber EO, Indian patchouli and vanilla musk with masculine accents of ambergris, cedar, sweet pipe tobacco and leather, seasoned with tonka bean, dark honey and Arabian spice, then topped with a lacy swirl of blue spun sugar. This scent is perfect for layering with our OCCO Blue fragrance for a delectably boyish aura.

LP Blue seemed to be one of the most anticipated. I saw a few thread posts where people mentioned it as a leading contender :) . I'm ready to try it. And I have a bottle of OCCO Blue at the ready to do just that ^_^

My dear, you are swift of foot with your orders. What a great trait to have - woman of action you :magicstick: . Thanks for igniting a well needed fire under my tush. I'm hot on your trail...just been biting my nails trying to whittle away at my list. Impossible this month. Impossible as there are so many potions I need :D

Yes, I've been looking forward to this. One of my favs from Luna too.

"Oh I don't need a potion to find love, just to keep it with me all the time."

Wow!! can't wait to layer it with OCCo Blue. :)

Yes, the sampler set will be great to test them all -- just in case. There are sometimes one or two which turn out to be unexpected loves :love: . I'm not sure about LP Blue on me...but there's too much excitement around it for me to pass it by :P

With the Love Potion Variants I've found that even the ones that I don't think I like at first (like Winter Variant) age beautifully. The only Love Potion variant that I can't do has been Black.

This one is MUCH darker (on my skin, which amps resins and spices like patch and such) than I expected...which is by NO means a bad thing for me. I love LP Black, and scents with woodsy/resin. Tobacco, cedar (again, this is a note my skin amps) patch and maple lead...then I get the sugary/tonka. I'm actually thinking of having my sweetie test this one out for him too - he can carry off Mark's Tonka Tobacum which is definitely sweeter to my nose, than this.

I am awaiting this one with great anticipation! I want to LOVE and go FB, but the samples cometh...I shall try to restrain myself. Such and interesting mix of ingredients, I just cannot wrap my head around it - but it READS wonderfully!

UPDATE!

Just out of the mail! In the vial, there is something in here that I not agreeing with my nose :( Now, my lovelies have not had the chance to rest from their travels so I refuse to pass judgment until I've properly tested. On: This is truly unique. I can pick out...leather, mostly I think because I've discovered I LOVE that note. This is blooming into something very exotic an lovely on me. It's at once earthy, foreign, familiar AND compelling all at the same time. :A002: :w00t:

In the vial I was thinking "not for me" but I am loving this with my chemistry. Like Katz mentioned above, I wonder if I could compel man beast to test it too.

With the Love Potion Variants I've found that even the ones that I don't think I like at first (like Winter Variant) age beautifully. The only Love Potion variant that I can't do has been Black.

I can't do that one either, on me it smells like marmite.

I'm wary of leather in this, I'm hoping it will surprise me, and not a stab me in the eyes headache surprise :) I'll be so happy if this is a total wild card winner.

As much as any of you are/were excited for this one, you cannot match the intensity of my squee, for I am the Queen of Boysmell.

(*adjusts crown, smooths robe*)

I looooooove this one! Big surprise there, of course, but this is me. This could potentially be my signature scent, and that's saying something considering I wear a different scent every day of the year. Every. Single. Day. I may have to make time every day to bond with this, to roll it upon myself and bask in its girly boysmell glory.

Some of you may get what I mean when I say that it's sort of a female version of SUPER for Men (not feminine, but female). The notes don't correspond exactly one-to-one of course, but it has nearly the same aura to me. And I do totally get the blue sugar topnote on this and it sticks around even after drydown, it is fabulous. Everything blends together fairly well but I think the tobacco stands out the most, just like it does in SUPER.

Now I must go huff myself further, you may take leave of The Royal Presence. (*waves you away*)

So, :darkqueen135: Luna, are your minions, er.....loyal subjects still bowing and scraping today or did the LP Blue eventually wear off? Hmmmm.....I'm thinking Mara snuck some LFN into your bottle... Enjoy. :wink88:

Edited by Olderbutwiser

Oh I was the Queen long before she brewed this potion! As one of my closest friends, Mara can verify I have my moments of imperiousness even without perfume.

You are the only one I like this kind of review from.

You know I give good review.

As much as any of you are/were excited for this one, you cannot match the intensity of my squee, for I am the Queen of Boysmell.

(*adjusts crown, smooths robe*)

I looooooove this one! Big surprise there, of course, but this is me. This could potentially be my signature scent, and that's saying something considering I wear a different scent every day of the year. Every. Single. Day. I may have to make time every day to bond with this, to roll it upon myself and bask in its girly boysmell glory.

Some of you may get what I mean when I say that it's sort of a female version of SUPER for Men (not feminine, but female). The notes don't correspond exactly one-to-one of course, but it has nearly the same aura to me. And I do totally get the blue sugar topnote on this and it sticks around even after drydown, it is fabulous. Everything blends together fairly well but I think the tobacco stands out the most, just like it does in SUPER.

Now I must go huff myself further, you may take leave of The Royal Presence. (*waves you away*)

Omg whaaaaaaaaaaat it's like Super for Men?? I loooove the tobacco in that one!!!!!

I'm hoping this one is Vanilla. Blue Sugar. Leather. Tobacco - on me and maybe a dash of Maple.

To me, it's an alternate universe version of SUPER for Men which is for women. There's my pithy summation. :D

So this could be boosted with Bang!

To me, it's an alternate universe version of SUPER for Men which is for women. There's my pithy summation. :D

I have really got to dip into the boy smell more often. So this took a minute to meld properly with my skin. At first the combo of the leather/tobacco/cedar notes was throwing my nose for a loop. I kept thinking this had frankincense, then sandalwood in it. Now that everything is settled this is like nose crack to me. I can smell the leather & the blue sugar most prominently & this is giving me flashbacks to Down & Dirty for Her. Probably because of the leather ;) I can't single this one out for full bottle status this month, though, because I want them all, site unsniffed as it is, to add to my LP variants collection ;)

ETA: The leather note in this one makes me feel like it's begging for a Leather boost, or B2 (for boy smell).

Edited by Beccah

Olderbutwiser...not to get off subject, but I just realized you chaged your profile pic to Frida Khalo!! I love her and her style of painting!! When I taught Spanish, one of our art projects was to paint a self portrait in the same style as she painted hers!! Great choice of artist..and profile pic!! :)

Now, back to the subject...Lp Blue is one that I am looking forward to trying because the notes are not something that I would usually go for, but I have some loves which happen to have those same notes! I have learned to not pre-judge anything or I might miss something great! While this is not my first pick before testing, I do want to give it a chance and see what happens!! :)

Thanks, Birkey! Glad you like Frida/my avi. She was quite a character wasn't she? Gutsy and talented. When my youngest daughter pulls her hair back she looks a lot like her....she's got that same spitfirey edge too!

My FB of LP Blue will probably be here early next week, cuz I got my shipping notice 2day. Yay!!!

Edited by Olderbutwiser

Thanks, Birkey! Glad you like Frida/my avi. She was quite a character wasn't she? Gutsy and talented. When my youngest daughter pulls her hair back she looks a lot like her....she's got that same spitfirey edge too!

My FB of LP Blue will probably be here early next week, cuz I got my shipping notice 2day. Yay!!!

Firstly...please explain avi to me? I should know this, but I don't. lol ;) Secondly, your daughter must be beautiful then, because Frida Khalo was. For me, she wasn't that generic beautiful like many girls are today, but a standout beauty due to her unique features..like Sophia Loren! Thirdly, I was thinking you would go for LP Blue because of some of the other perfumes you have mentioned you like! Enjoy it and let me know how you like it! I would say that I wouldn't like anything with tobacco, but I love X Appeal and it has it..so maybe I will like it too? :)

Birkey: Avi is just an abbreviation for avatar/profile pic. Knew you'd appreciate Frida. My daughter is stunning*...but she doesn't realize it sometimes.....I will have to e-mail you a pic...I too loved Sophia Loren so much. They don't seem to have actresses like that anymore. Her style/presence were something.

Oh yes, I really love tobacco when its used in fragrances. It reminds me of the pipe/tobacco my father used to smoke and how comforting/safe it felt when I'd wake up from the wind howling and smell that and hear the teakettle just slightly whistling on the old wood stove. He used to comb his hair with tea to help keep it dark. I still have that pipe tucked away.

Hope you love all your new LPMP goodies....and hoping for a win with LP Blue for sure. Still working on getting Flying Potion to "work" for me tho. I have a feeling that bottle's gonna end up with you.

* as are my other daughters

Edited by Olderbutwiser

This is crazy. I don't like tobacco, not crazy about leather, hate maple and on and on with most of Blue's ingredients, but I LOVE LP Blue! It is very patch heavy which until very recently would have made me run for the hills but it's glorious! The blue sugar and honey sweeten it up enough for me to be girly enough for me. I don't like any of the other blue scents like OCCO Blue or Cuddle Bunny. It's magic. LP Blue has cast a spell over me. I am utterly enchanted by the Blue Lady. I have a bottle on the way. According to Mara this was originally brewed to be unisex but it came out decidedly femme, so at that point she added a ton of blue sugar to make it even more girly. I definitely wouldn't put this on a man but that's just me. More for me!

A little bit goes a long way. This is some potent, and lasting, fragrance. I don't think it's gong to be a FB for me (seriously, I am trying to curb my compulsions to acquire EVERYTHING in FB) but I will def enjoy my sample. it should last a good while. It's not a "me" scent, but I like it and it can be a "for me" scent for sure - if that makes any sense? :lol::)