Love Potion: Blue

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, LP Blue...how do I love thee, let me count the ways! I was able (and blessed) to score a bottle of this in the recent auction. SQUEE!!! It's my FAVORITE LPMP. Eeeevvveeerrr. The weather here in VA was in the low 50's today and nOT humid (praise God) and the air even smelled a little bit like Fall, which, for me anyway, is SO WELCOME after a hot, humid, sticky, tucky summer. It was the perfect crisp, clear, chilly morning to crack open the seal on "My Precious" LP Blue.

Ahhh.Everytime I smell this, I involuntarily exclaim, "This is ME!!!" It feels like a wearable sassy, fresh, upbeat, sexy, sultry, happy mood to me. I completely get the classic original LP base of vanilla, patchouli, and sweet apricot heightened with yummy leather, sweet pipe tobacco, a waft of something resin-y that is a prominent part of LP Black (another LP that I love, but not as much as Blue), sugary, happy sweetness and "sass"! It literally shoots my mood into the stratosphere and puts a great big smile on my face. It's absolutely positively my "ONE".

It makes me think of the cutest little denim jacket, or a well-worn and well-loved brown bomber or motorcycle jacket with a crisp white feminine shirt underneath with just enough lace. The perfect snug-fitting favorite blue jeans, some cute mid-heeled boots, a happy-go-lucky attitude, some Victoria's Secret model-like long, shiny, luxurious hair to flip in the chilly autumn breeze, a bright blue sunny sky, a glass of the perfect Cabernet Sauvignon in-hand at a gorgeous little winery, my boyfriend's arm wrapped around me lovingly and protectively, and the perfect smile.  :)

PERFECT.  LOVE. HOW did I live without this, and when this ever-so-cherished brand-new bottle of BLISS is gone, I will mourn as if I have lost a dear, dear friend. This will be rationed and planned and used with the utmost thought and joy. 

THANK YOU MARA, for parting with this precious little lovely! It's made my whole season! :)

💙💙💙

Edited by LexiJo

• 1 year later...

Augh I really thought I had time to "get it later". Goes to show that waiting is wasting 😭

It's definitely "blue", it smells fresh, hint of leathery goodness with sweet musky wood. Everything is blended beautifully and my sample aged gracefully as well! So sad this has been discontinued. Hopfully it'll come back as a limited release!

• 1 year later...

I have a little collection of trial vials of every LP variant I’ve been able to get my greedy little hands on. There have been a few bottles from before my time that I’ve managed to gather, but really I just like having all the trials, meaning seeing the labels/ knowing the notes, but I don’t generally wear the ones I know I’ll never attain, or at least I don’t use more than half of the trial vial.

I honestly don’t think I ever sampled LP Blue before today. I have a bottle of LP Blue I received of the trade boards, but it wasn’t for me. Maybe I already traded it away? I don’t know, but I wasn’t into it, so I figured LP Blue wasn’t for me, either. 
I was in a hurry to get out of the house today and reached into a pile of trials and pulled out LP Blue. Not even sure how it got in there, although I did make a goodie bag for a friend not so long ago, but I wore it today and I didn’t have any expectations. It’s so good! It’s left the perfect and long lasting Amber/ patch/ tobacco/ sweetness that lingers, and has magically re-emerged after the perfumes I put on later in the day wore off. (When I wear different scents throughout the day, I’ll put them on different parts on my body, but the first scent of the day is always my wrists.) I finally get the need for the perfect boy smell in one’s collection. @luna65 good job on this one!