Love Potion: Ceremony

AD-LP-Ceremony_1.jpg

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
WHITE PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
GREEN TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
WHITE SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
WHITE WILLOW ~ Healing, wishes, protection, divination. Feminine energy, inspiration, fertility.
WHITE MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

This sounds LOVELY, so delicate and feminine (did I spell that right ?)

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/LPCeremony/

A tea-centric variant with a light and breezy aura, perfect for the warmer months. A lightweight Love Potion® base of white amber and patchouli and unsweetened vanilla with whispers of white willow, sandalwood and white musk, blended with clean clear notes of green tea and apricot stirred with a spoonful of white sugar.

When I first read the name, LP Ceremony, my mind immediately thought -bride, bridal, wedding. After reading the first line of the potion description, I realized "ceremony" was pertaining to a tea ceremony :lol: . I went to China once and was treated to a tea ceremony. I never realized how intricate drinking tea could be ^_^ -an art form really. LP Ceremony is a winner, right on time with summer approaching. The ingredients sound light. I don't know enough about the notes to know how sheer it's going to be. I hope it's a lasting scent on me. I think this one is a strong contender for top 3.

From what Mara has told me about it, it is pretty sheer.

ooooh, like one of those scents that haunts the "smeller" ??

This is one that I initially dismissed as a scent that I wouldn't like - tea is hit or miss on my skin. Taking a second look at the other ingredients though, now I'm not so sure. It sounds light and delicate, and sandalwood is almost always a win for me. I'm finding that I think I like white musk too. This will definitely be one I need to try - makes me happy I got the sampler!

From what Mara has told me about it, it is pretty sheer.

Slather time :P . Actually...LP Ceremony might be great in spray form because of the sheerness right? Or is that backwards thinking :wub: ? Because it's sheer it may wear better as an oil? Huh...idk :huh:

I really love Mara's Tea fragrances. I just got another bottle of Candytuft Tea for the summer.

I've been hoping for a green tea scent. :)

I really like the tea scents. I've always been fan of tea - all kinds - eager to sample this one! :)

Sampled this one last night, and not surprisingly on *my* skin, the tea did not come out...it never comes out for me! Apricot can amp as well, so I didn't expect this to be my favorite release. But the apricot was bright and pretty, and made a 'good for summer' feeling scent. The base on this one is quite sheer...

I think my nose is registering the green tea and apricot as "citrusy" in some fashion. It's very light/sheer and slightly sweet. Though I don't thin it will be a FB for me, it is a very pretty scent indeed! I like the sweetness it has without being sticky. Very nice indeed :)

"Citrusy" you say?!. If it's that and sweet sans stickiness. To the moon I go :love: hoping this is how it will wear on me. With an FB coming, that would be "totes-wonderful!"

Nobody does tea like Mara. All of her tea scents are among my favorites. This one is no exception. It is bright and perfect for the humid southern summer!

Sounds most suitable to have in spray form as well, doesn't it :)

I love tea scents...this another of the June NRs I'm really excited about!! Keeping fingers crossed my samplers arrive tomorrow!! :)

Interestingly - for me - the tea is so airy in this it's the least of it. Not like Elevation Potion (which I am also wearing today), which has a very forward green tea presence. Wet this is light apricot: not transparent, necessarily, but it has a less dense quality than the accord(s) Mara usually uses. In the drydown what I get the most of are the white notes mingling with the sandalwood and it is lovely, soft and sheer, I especially like how the vanilla and sandalwood are complimentary and of course it's a classic combination.

I'm not normally a big fan of green tea, but the LP base pushes this one into unique territory for me. I find that I can't stop sniffing my hand because the green tea gives this Love Potion a very zen, calming influence to me. I really don't think there are going to be any of this month's NRs that I won't like ;)

Edited by Beccah

Even though others described this as sheer, I knew at first sniff this was going to wear heavy on me. Tea tends to do that on me. This is a rich, floral scent on me with a blast of clear, sweet apricot. The vanilla-sandalwood base wears similarly to Unisexy 2012 on me, but lighter. The addition of the tea almost makes it seem creamy. As it dries down, i get more green tea. It's very sophisticated but youthful at the same time. Such a bright, clean summer scent!

I think this one sounds airy, light and ethereal, yet calming and centering. I'm really looking forward to wearing this as one of my 'Summery' LPs, and I like the fact that it is NOT as fruit-forward as my other lighter scents.

Ooohh, I like this one, too! I've had a problem with tea scents in the past, they always amp into outer space on me, but this one is just the opposite. It is a light, sheer, clean scent, the "clean", that must be the willow? I will let this rest for a little while, because it is so light and airy, it just floated away from my skin till I couldn't smell it anymore.

This has quickly become one of my favorite June NRs... it is clean and sheer but something is also very earthy and grounding. Very different than many of the other LPs I have and I certainly never expected to love it as much as I do! It's one of those I don't have to "be in the mood" for, and if I'm in the throngs of LP indecision I will just pick this up and go with it because I know I'll be happy with my choice. It just works for me in every way. I do wish it lasted a little longer on me but thankfully I got a FB on this one so I can keep touching it up!

Edited by LoveStruck55

I just keep on reaching for this!! I wonder if I should've gotten two?! I can see me breezing through this fast. I didn't actually review this properly before. I don't actually get tea, it's more a bright apricot, backed with sweet vanilla, it's so fresh but yummy too. I want a spray I think, for my hair.

I just keep on reaching for this!! I want a spray I think, for my hair.

IKR?! It's becoming an all-purpose LP that is easy to wear. And I love your idea of getting a spray for hair. I think it would be perfect for that! so I think I'll take your lead, Mel.:)

Edited by LoveStruck55

I was hoping that I would have an experience similar to BB's.. but no such luck. Wet on my skin, this is lovely, I get the tea, the apricot, the white amber.. but within moments it just disappears. All I'm left with is a teensy bit of apricot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm wondering if I might have to let this mellow a bit for me. I don't get much of the tea at all, which is what I was hoping for more of. This is really strong on the apricot, and while it is very bright, it doesn't convey the sort of zen calm I associate with a tea ceremony. Not on me, anyway. The one thing I will say is that strongly fruity scents come across as "sticky" to me where as this doesn't so I think the tea and other notes must be cutting through it. So I found this to be more of a fun, summery scent than a meditative one (which is what I had been expecting).

I did get one surprising evocation though. I'm not an apricot eater and I took a deep sniff when I first put it on to see what apricots smelled like. I felt like I had smelled something like that before, a long time ago, so I took another sniff. Suddenly I was transported back to my childhood, when I had an apricot-scented doll from the Strawberry Shortcake cartoon series. I would not have remembered owning those dolls, or the fact that they were all scented, had I not been sniffing this perfume and trying to place it. Obviously this perfume does not smell like a scented doll from the 80s, but something about it evoked that memory for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if I might have to let this mellow a bit for me. I don't get much of the tea at all, which is what I was hoping for more of. This is really strong on the apricot, and while it is very bright, it doesn't convey the sort of zen calm I associate with a tea ceremony. Not on me, anyway. The one thing I will say is that strongly fruity scents come across as "sticky" to me where as this doesn't so I think the tea and other notes must be cutting through it. So I found this to be more of a fun, summery scent than a meditative one (which is what I had been expecting).

I did get one surprising evocation though. I'm not an apricot eater and I took a deep sniff when I first put it on to see what apricots smelled like. I felt like I had smelled something like that before, a long time ago, so I took another sniff. Suddenly I was transported back to my childhood, when I had an apricot-scented doll from the Strawberry Shortcake cartoon series. I would not have remembered owning those dolls, or the fact that they were all scented, had I not been sniffing this perfume and trying to place it. Obviously this perfume does not smell like a scented doll from the 80s, but something about it evoked that memory for me.

You just reminded me of the strawberry shortcake doll I had in the 80s that blew strawberry-scented kisses when you squeezed her!! :heart0974:

This might sound silly but how does this compare with LP White? I was intrigued by this one but decided to play safe and ordered more LP White since i already have tested that one.

I was thinking the same thing. Its a SHAME that I sent my trial vial of LP white to my mom today, as I could have done a better comparison. Ugh!! From what I remember, the ceremony version starts of a HAIR brighter and sits just a little more earthy after drydown. They are very similar, but LP white is sweeter and a tad less complex to me.

I am IN LOVE with this! Thank you Katz for sending me a sniffee as this was on my to-sniff list!! It IS wearing off fairly quickly BUT it is SO amazing. I will see if I can stretch that sample to a whole application tomorrow. I am getting that forward apricot scent wet, and it is drying down to an amazing vanilla sandalwood but with a hint of complexity from the teas. BEAUTIFUL.

• 2 months later...