Love Potion: Flutterby w/Heart & Soul

This is sort of a 'warm' white, if that makes sense.

It's floral but not light on me; in fact, it gets very strong on my skin.

There isn't so much one particular element that gets amped; instead, the volume on the entire scent gets turned up to 11!

Sort of fun actually, but I do have to be careful how much I apply of it. A small swipe from the sample wand goes a long way!

It's a warm, sultry, summery floral. Something almost lazy and sensual about it.

Did get a very sweet hit from it; the lady who was waiting behind me in line at a public bathroom to wash her hands (as I was washing mine) commented on how lovely the soap smelled. :)

I'm pretty sure that was me, and not the soap! ;)

I don't think I'll go FB on this though, it's a bit too overwhelming.

Might get another sample at some point to play around with.

I couldn't remember if I'd reviewed LP Flutterby or not, but I've been wearing it a lot these days... It is a lovely, bright, uplifting scent. You know how how you feel when a butterfly just suddenly 'enters' your space, and you get transfixed on it's airy, erratic flight pattern? Then you try to sneak up to get a closer look at it and it takes off again, gently flluttering side to side, lifting up higher and higher until it disappears... and you wish it would come back? That's what this scent does... for several hours it wafts in and out of my olfactory aura with a gentle reminder of it's presence, and leaving me happy in it's wake. It reminds me of NEW in a way - same fresh, pretty scent, but Flutterby has a more 'emotional' tug for me - a grounded sense of peace. That last effect may be the phero working... love Heart & Soul too, this was a great pairing.

I ordered a few trial sizes of the the scents I found most interesting by their description. FLUTTERBY was one of them and the first one I tried. First off, I love love love musks, sugars and vanilla-type scents especially with orchid notes. Now, I know the description doesn't actually SAY orchid; But I smell an orchid-like note, it could be the lotus or magnolia. It gives it a nice, soft, oriental vibe.

I really like it alot!!!

That is all.

I ordered a few trial sizes of the the scents I found most interesting by their description. FLUTTERBY was one of them and the first one I tried. First off, I love love love musks, sugars and vanilla-type scents especially with orchid notes. Now, I know the description doesn't actually SAY orchid; But I smell an orchid-like note, it could be the lotus or magnolia. It gives it a nice, soft, oriental vibe.

I really like it alot!!!

That is all.

If you like this you should try LP White while it's still available.

If you like this you should try LP White while it's still available.

Hmm, I put my sample of LP white aside in the 'nice, but probably not something I'll reach for often' bag (I keep my samples organized in the different bags LP sends out - very handy!) but I might have to pull it out if it's similar to Flutterby; it might be nice for warm weather, actually.

Thank you for the tip! :)

Today I finally opened my Spray I had ordered last month. I didn't realize I had not reviewed this yet from my sniffie.

Well first off. I'll say the original GW comparisons concerned me. Sadly GW had one to many pointy notes. it pierced my right eye, right to my brain. So on to Flutterby.

This, on my skin is a super sweet, white floral.

I get a lot of white sugar, I can see why some people may find it foody. I would not say cake but the powdered sugar can remind me a bit of frosting. IMO, This is like a super sweet LP White. With the emphasis on different notes.

There's a very faint "zing" I doubt I'd be able to identify that as ginger if I didn't already know it was there.

On my skin, I'd say this is the LP White for those who would want a sweeter, foody'ish version. Powdered sugary, white florals!

Very sweet, bright, bouncy and feminine. An "on the nose "vehicle for H & S.

I do like this one, tho LP White safely retains it's number one spot. :)

Edited by StacyK

To me, this is a softer version of Gypsum White -- softer, sweeter, more sheer. The dry down is marvelous and the scent holds, not morphing much except to sweeten a bit. Truly lovely. I missed out on a fb of Gypsum -- not making that mistake with this one!

I don't know what I was thinking! -- this is nothing like GW! lol! This is heady, daydream-y, very floral, naturally sweet, -- this is like lying on the cool grass in the shade in a flower garden thinking of boys and lemonade. I love it!! and the H&S is PERFECT with this scent -- this is such a mood lifter for me.

• 3 weeks later...

LP Flutterby is definitely a sneak attack scent! A plus is that H&S works really well with my 15 yr.old. Even though I am NOT an advocate of using pheromones specifically on those under 18, I do appreciate that if my usage coincides with spending time with my children, that the phero works makes them happy. Anyway, lovely scent, perfectly vehicle for H&S.

ETA I do have to add, my 15 yr.old got really clingy & unusually hug-gy today. Very interesting.

Edited by Beccah

• 2 months later...

LP Flutterby is a gorgeous potion! I am a huge fan of LP White so I highly anticipated Flutterby's release. It did not disappoint! I would say that out of all of the Love Potions, it is the lightest, LP White being next. Everything blends together beautifully on me..the patchouli stands out a little bit, but I tend to amp patchouli. If you are not a big patchouli fan don't let that scare you off..this one is definitely worth trying...feminine..demure...fabulous!! :)

Guest cutie.pie

To me, this is nothing like Gypsum White. GW was so strong and a heavy, but Flutterby is a nice, floral scent. And I love H&S. It always helps me get what I want ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Indeed I got a sample, it is lovely. I get the sweet base of LP, with a sweet white floral. I smell a hint of jasmine that's beautiful, vanilla and amber. It's a soft scent, though not faint. I get an effect of heightened awareness to emotion in myself and others. I'll have to keep working the sample to see whether it's FB worthy.

This sweet floral baby has grown up. Her figure has rounded out and she feels grounded and in control.

The scent has changed, and moved to a sophisticated floral. It's still sweet but that extra spoonful of sugar i originally smelled has receded and mellowed.

I love H & S and this scent is a great medium. I smell a feminine scent both womanly and a little sweet.

Indeed I got a sample, it is lovely. I get the sweet base of LP, with a sweet white floral. I smell a hint of jasmine that's beautiful, vanilla and amber. It's a soft scent, though not faint. I get an effect of heightened awareness to emotion in myself and others. I'll have to keep working the sample to see whether it's FB worthy.

Thanks for this interim report. I'm interested to see how this one works out for you after more testing.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not have the nose to differentiate all the notes in this once, but it is really pretty and sheer. I adore Spider Silk and this reminds me of it, it has the same powdery-soft quality. I wouldn't say it smells just like it or anything, it just has that same "vibe" for me. Lovely and elegant, one of those all-occasion kinds of scents.

• 2 weeks later...

I really love this perfume so far. I went to the post office to pick it up, and I ended up walking around town smelling my wrist like a crazy person because there was something very familliar about the smell and it was driving me nuts. The notes I have been picking up the most so far (although my nose isn't as sensitive as many of the people on the forums) is a very sweet apricot-y lotus smell. There is a certain sweet gentleness to it that I find very alluring. Also the self effects of H&S have been great so far. I tend to have anxiety, but when I wear this phero I feel very relaxed, like "hey, everything is going to be all right." Also when I wore this phero to my yoga class (which tends to have people who are a bit stuck up) I had a few more social interactions than usual. I am currently using the trial size of the oil, do you have any reccomendations on where to put it? I have just been putting it on my wrists and a tiny dot in my cleavage so far.

Did you receive an LPMP bookmark with your order? It contains information about how to apply fragrance and pheromones.

I really love this perfume so far. I went to the post office to pick it up, and I ended up walking around town smelling my wrist like a crazy person because there was something very familliar about the smell and it was driving me nuts. The notes I have been picking up the most so far (although my nose isn't as sensitive as many of the people on the forums) is a very sweet apricot-y lotus smell. There is a certain sweet gentleness to it that I find very alluring. Also the self effects of H&S have been great so far. I tend to have anxiety, but when I wear this phero I feel very relaxed, like "hey, everything is going to be all right." Also when I wore this phero to my yoga class (which tends to have people who are a bit stuck up) I had a few more social interactions than usual. I am currently using the trial size of the oil, do you have any reccomendations on where to put it? I have just been putting it on my wrists and a tiny dot in my cleavage so far.

That's great. I love H & S too. If I like the scent, with the trials, I'll swipe my cleavage and a swipe on each side of my neck too. I recommend that if you really like the selifies.

That's great. I love H & S too. If I like the scent, with the trials, I'll swipe my cleavage and a swipe on each side of my neck too. I recommend that if you really like the selifies.

Thanks for the tip! I have been noticing selfies but I'm not sure if I'm imagining it or not. It seems like it activates pretty quickly (within a few minutes) when I put it on and I just feel really light and euphoric.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a trial of this and will be getting a full bottle. What scents stood out to me most were White musk,Vanilla and Jasmine. I love Jasmine and the other notes with it are a perfect combo. I got compliments when I wore this out. "you smell so good what is that perfume" kind of thing. Heart and soul phero worked well for me too. It seemed to get a lot of smiles and who doesn't love that?

• 3 months later...

Yeah, it is. Out of all the ones in my collection (just off the top of my head), LP White, LP Flutterby, LP Humidity, LP SE '09, & LP Ceremony are the closest scent-wise.

I ended up pulling them all out to sniff, side by side to make sure what I'm saying is correct. I find Flutterby & Ceremony to similar, but Ceremony is more blatantly green, while Flutterby has accents of strawberry. There is still a floral fruitiness to Ceremony, but I think there's honey in the construction, where Flutterby has strawberry.

ETA: I see no strawberry note listed in Flutterby? Ah well. Also, don't see any honey in Ceremony. My nose must be filling in based on association.

Edited by Beccah

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I wore LP Flutterby w/H&S, to try and get my (female) dr to take pity on me and help me figure out what's wrong with me. I think it achieved that goal. She definitely seemed more focused on helping me. We are pretty close anyway, she is usually very sweet and attentive. She loves my jewelry, and has said before that she wished we were neighbors so she could come shop in my closet, lol.

But this time, she was really listening to my issues, and she wanted to refer me to this place, and that place... I was like "slow down, lady..." :lol: She ordered some more blood work and is referring for a neuro consult. We'll see how that goes before we do anything else...