Love Potion: Fraise Citron

AD-LP-FraiseCitron_1.jpg

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/LPFraisCitron/

I will love this one. I just know it :love: . It's described as another summertime blend so that's the first piece of fabulous-ness. The fact that there's lemon in it is another plus. I'm puckering at the thought...you know, like you'd pucker after taking a swig of tart-n-sweet lemonade :)

And the pièce de résistance

:heart708: " Mara raves about this one: "…while the tangy fruit is bright in the beginning, after long dry down, you are left with almost a perfect original LP scent!" :heart708:

I'm nervous about the lemon in this one, since i seem to amp lemon to high heaven, but love everything else. (except the patchouli, I have scent blindness to patchouli so I wouldn't know what that smells like or adds to a perfume, anyway!)

I'm nervous about the lemon in this one, since i seem to amp lemon to high heaven, but love everything else. (except the patchouli, I have scent blindness to patchouli so I wouldn't know what that smells like or adds to a perfume, anyway!)

Wow, yes, I saw your other post about the scent blindness to patchouli. That is something else! Well, as long as the other notes work for you in a blend, have at it ^_^ . I'm sorry the lemon is questionable in this case. BUT, always good to try a sample cuz you may be pleasantly surprised :love:

My love hasn't waned for LP Frais Citron...which I think means "fresh lemon" or "fresh citrus." I'm forecasting it will fall in the top two. I'm planning to splurge on a spray bottle in addition to the oil for my #1 pick :)

Edited by ComingUpRoses

Fraise is strawberry. ^^

I'm very intrested in this one, have no idea what to expect. I'd love a strawberry LP.

Thank you ladies :hearts09780:

Fraise is strawberry. ^^

I'm very intrested in this one, have no idea what to expect. I'd love a strawberry LP.

Frais Citron means Strawberry Citrus.

I made this one to smell like lemon poundcake with strawberries on top. YUMMMMMERS! :D

I'm nervous about the lemon in this one, since i seem to amp lemon to high heaven, but love everything else.

See, I'm nervous about the maple, since I amp maple like crazy. But all the other notes are intriguing and I LOVE strawberry and lemon. When I think of lemon poundcake I don't really think of maple so maybe it will be a background note.

Frais Citron means Strawberry Citrus.

I made this one to smell like lemon poundcake with strawberries on top. YUMMMMMERS! :D

How does it compare to Caught in the Act? On me CitA is all lush, rich lemon cake....it's droolworthy :D

I was nervous about the lemon in Moon Sugar Candy and needn't have been so I'm very hopeful to adore this one as well! I used to be nervous about patchouli too...then I got Compromising Positions and even my gf who can't stand patch loves that one!

UPDATE!

Just out of the mail! In the vial, lemon buttery pound cake - just like Mara said! My GOSH this smells like a confectioner's DREAM! I LOOOOVE how cake-y this is! A heavy, dense, buttery, vanilla pound cake :Emoticons04235: Fellow foodies -you will LOVE THIS! Full Bottle!

Edited by NuTrix

I do get a tinge of maple. But this is by FAR the brightest lemon scent I've ever sniffed here! And I've *wanted* a bright lemon scent for the longest time!

Halo - I got the maple, but had to hunt for it a bit. It really is a bright lemon and deliciously decadant, dense cake! The patch grounds it I think the in the same way it compliments in Compromising Positions :) Not very forward or overbearing, just adds a bit of chewiness to it -YUM!

Katz! Yes! Just like the picture!!!!

OMG the first five minutes of this are like heaven to me. Lemon poundcake with a tiny bit of berry. Then that fades and the patch comes up. I wish it wasn't a death note on me. If any of the NRs can get me to wear patch it is this one. The lemon doesn't last long. It is a lot like LP Original after dry down.

ETA: Fuck it, I love the opening so much I washed everything else off and did a full slather of FC. If I can get through the patch stage with this much on, it's a keeper.

No Lemon Pledge to me, and yes, I first thought of the zippy lemon of MSC only this is more intense and over a very cake-y blanket :Emoticons04235:

This is the first LP where I can actually smell patch that I like!! Now if it will just last more than an hour on me I will buy a bottle. Hoping it's travel shock. SOOOO GOOD!!

That's great Halo! I'm hit and miss with what patchouli's I can tolerate in the many scents I've managed to try. This sounds so good. I'm hoping the patch won't move front and center - as it does sometimes on me - instead of the vanilla or strawberry. I was wondering about the amber too... I'm finding I can hit or miss depending on how dark it is.

Omg, I guess I'm the only one (and I'm embarrassed to say it), but I'm getting spicy orange out of this. I guess my sniffer must be broken. Still smells absolutely divine, though.

On second thought, it must be the strawberry and lemon coming thru as orange to me. Lol.

Edited by JudyO

Yes this is YUMMY lemon poundcake in the first 20 minutes or so (and in the vial), totally delish! IMO it is reminiscent of such things as Kanary Kremes and Lorien's Skelly Tart, but then, just like Mara says, it turns into LP:O's doppelganger. I think the fruit combines to give that jammy-type feel behind the vanilla (the vanilla in this one is FABOO) and the luscious weight and depth of the LP base. This is definitely a superstar in the LP Variant Hall of Fame.

Omg, I guess I'm the only one (and I'm embarrassed to say it), but I'm getting spicy orange out of this. I guess my sniffer must be broken. Still smells absolutely divine, though.

On second thought, it must be the strawberry and lemon coming thru as orange to me. Lol.

Absolutely no embarrassment! We all sense things differently...the combination of notes can do some interesting things in one's brain - happens to all of us. I'm always interested in hearing unusual or different interpretations of what an LP becomes for someone. There have definitely been a few 'wth?' moments for me when I try to wrap my brain around a new one!

Yes, JudyO. Nothing is wrong with your sniffer. Like Katz said, we all sense things differently. Actually, my first thought when i put this one was Darling Clementine, which was orange and cakey, so I can see that! After a couple of minutes, I started getting the strawberry and the citrus turned more like lemon to me. I'm getting the tiniest hint of maple. I think that's what's helping with the cake vibe, but it's not taking over. The patch doesn't come across as patch (if that makes any sense) but i can sense it and the amber at the base of this, and it gives it a richness. This is such a happy, summery scent. I wish I had my DHEAS to spritz over it!

katz & BlueBear: You know, I've tried this again after a few days thinking that it might be a bit travel shocked. Well, okay -- wet on my skin I'm able to pick up the lemon and definitely the vanilla/maple. Guess the patch/amber is somewhere in the background, but I really can't pick it out. On dry down? It's a little harder to describe, the lemon/maple/vanilla has mellowed out and somewhat merged together. Like Luna said, kinda lemon poundcakey. But, still no strawberry. At least it isn't orange, though!

A minor miracle happened while I wore FC. My BF told me I smelled good! Unprompted. This may seem like no big deal but it's been years since he told me I smelled good. He has sinus problems and can't smell very well, plus he just isn't into perfume. :( So glad I got a bottle!

I am running out of available patches to test, but I have to report that wow, did Mara bring the yummy on this one! I still have trouble wrapping my head around foodie patchouli combos, but this one is so delectable I think I will need a bottle. This is bright, dense delicious lemon cake - it reminds of everything I love about Atomic Mandarin, but with lemon instead of orange, but so far it has considerably more throw and staying power. I want to gnaw my arm off!