Love Potion: Fraise Citron

A minor miracle happened while I wore FC. My BF told me I smelled good! Unprompted. This may seem like no big deal but it's been years since he told me I smelled good. He has sinus problems and can't smell very well, plus he just isn't into perfume. :( So glad I got a bottle!

HUGE DEAL! They never say anything!

Ok. this is pretty damn good. Wayyy lemon cake at first which is why I threw this one in my cart at the last minute. I wasn't going to go FB until all the lemon cake reviews! The strawberry is starting to come out which is making me a little nervous because it can go a little crazy on me...but so far so good.

I NEED ANOTHER BOTTLE OF LAM PINK AMBER to pair this with!!!!

Once again...can't wait to take this on a real spin....

Oh this is good! At first this smells just like Fruit Loops or Trix cereal to me. Which I love! But the longer I'm wearing it, it's a yummy lemon cake with vanilla sugar glaze. The lemon is burning off slowly but still gives it a tartness that's really playing nice with the other notes. The vanilla in this is perfect!

Ditto on the glazed lemon cake with a tiny strawberry drizzle-- this is simply scrumptious! But tamed, of course, by anchoring notes that keep it from soaring into hyperglycemic sweetness. Trust Mara to keep it safely grounded so we don't run around smelling like prepubescent boy-band groupies.

This will be a fun one for summer shopping and afternoon gab fests around the pool. Huh. Guess I gotta go find me a boyfriend with a pool. "Smart, fun-loving female looking for serious, long-term relationship with an intelligent, warm, good-humored guy for hours of heart-to-heart conversations and long walks. Must have pool."

Fraise Citron YUMZ,put just a few swipes of this on early this am,it is bright and cheerful,now it has morphed down to the classic LP base on me,oh so very very deliciously huffable :hearts09793:

This is like you took Darling Clementine/Catalina, punched it up with strawberry and swirled it with thick, luscious LP original for what is basically an orgasm in a bottle. The orange and strawberry is highly addictive--it reminds me of when I had strawberry sorbet in a hollowed-out orange at the RenFaire last year and it was the best thing ever. Except, this scent is like you took that, smashed some impossibly delicious vanilla cake into it and added the subtlest hints of amber and patchouli. Really hard to remember you're not supposed to eat it. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh this is good! At first this smells just like Fruit Loops or Trix cereal to me. Which I love! But the longer I'm wearing it, it's a yummy lemon cake with vanilla sugar glaze. The lemon is burning off slowly but still gives it a tartness that's really playing nice with the other notes. The vanilla in this is perfect!

HUGE DEAL! They never say anything!

Ok. this is pretty damn good. Wayyy lemon cake at first which is why I threw this one in my cart at the last minute. I wasn't going to go FB until all the lemon cake reviews! The strawberry is starting to come out which is making me a little nervous because it can go a little crazy on me...but so far so good.

I NEED ANOTHER BOTTLE OF LAM PINK AMBER to pair this with!!!!

Once again...can't wait to take this on a real spin....

The lemon took over the planet as it likes to do sometimes :'( it was sharp like lemongrass on me. Is convinced it's travel shocked, wants cake, saves to try again.

Fraise Citron YUMZ,put just a few swipes of this on early this am,it is bright and cheerful,now it has morphed down to the classic LP base on me,oh so very very deliciously huffable :hearts09793:

This is like you took Darling Clementine/Catalina, punched it up with strawberry and swirled it with thick, luscious LP original for what is basically an orgasm in a bottle. The orange and strawberry is highly addictive--it reminds me of when I had strawberry sorbet in a hollowed-out orange at the RenFaire last year and it was the best thing ever. Except, this scent is like you took that, smashed some impossibly delicious vanilla cake into it and added the subtlest hints of amber and patchouli. Really hard to remember you're not supposed to eat it. :lol:

How fruity vs. lemony/vanilly/cakey is it? I know it depends on skin chemistry but wondering.

I like fruit but not if it's like spikey or candied (can't find right words), but if it's like a lemony creme brulee (with berry hints) or something - well that would be awesome. I like lemongrass and/or lemon sometimes on sweet smells to 'cut' it a bit - so it's not dripping sugar - so it's like a balance of 'yea I'm sweet, but also have an edge'. :D

Or if there is another scent to compare to would be helpful. My 'try' list is growing... must... manage.

I like fruit but not if it's like spikey or candied (can't find right words), but if it's like a lemony creme brulee (with berry hints) or something - well that would be awesome. I like lemongrass and/or lemon sometimes on sweet smells to 'cut' it a bit - so it's not dripping sugar - so it's like a balance of 'yea I'm sweet, but also have an edge'.

Actually there was a PE like that years ago - Lorien's Skelly Tart. It didn't have any berry notes, though, just lemon.

As I mentioned in my review post, this starts out as a lemon poundcake scent for me; and just as Mara commented when she brewed it, the scent turns into a near perfect duplicate of Love Potion: Original in the drydown.

Mmmmm, lemon cake!! A delicious, lemon cake drizzled with a light pink icing, the kind you whip up with powdered sugar and a little juice, as oppposed to the super-sweet thick buttercream frosting. I really like how this starts out a yummy bakery treat, then becomes this wonderful vanilla, deepened by the nicest, most unobtrusive patchouly I've ever smelled. I really like this! I *thought* I had a sample of LP Original to compare this to, now I can't find it?! I'll have to make sure I order a sample in my next order.

• 1 month later...

In the most fleeting of moments after i smelled this i immediately slathered!

At first sniff it smelled like fruity pebbles! on skin it was fruity pebbles!

After i calmed down i actually smelled everything, lemon cake with home made pink frosting, filled and sprinkled with bits of strawberries and candied lemon peels :wub:

This is hands down my first favorite out of the collection!

Omg, I guess I'm the only one (and I'm embarrassed to say it), but I'm getting spicy orange out of this. I guess my sniffer must be broken. Still smells absolutely divine, though.

On second thought, it must be the strawberry and lemon coming thru as orange to me. Lol.

katz & BlueBear: You know, I've tried this again after a few days thinking that it might be a bit travel shocked. Well, okay -- wet on my skin I'm able to pick up the lemon and definitely the vanilla/maple. Guess the patch/amber is somewhere in the background, but I really can't pick it out. On dry down? It's a little harder to describe, the lemon/maple/vanilla has mellowed out and somewhat merged together. Like Luna said, kinda lemon poundcakey. But, still no strawberry. At least it isn't orange, though!

I decided to take my sample out for a second whirl after seeing that Halo ordered a FB on the what we're ordering thread. All I can say is that my smeller seems to have sorted itself out because now I'm finally picking up on the strawberry! I love with this one even more than I did when I first smelled it, and a FB is now on its way to me!

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know if I ordered this boosted with Perfect Match, would it cover it completely?

ETA I went ahead and emailed about this one, not sure anyone here will see it before I order...or that anybody has tried this combo. I'll report back with the answer though in case someone else is interested to know :)

ETA2: It's a yes! :cat690:

Edited by Memorare

Mmmmm, lemon cake!! A delicious, lemon cake drizzled with a light pink icing, the kind you whip up with powdered sugar and a little juice, as oppposed to the super-sweet thick buttercream frosting. I really like how this starts out a yummy bakery treat, then becomes this wonderful vanilla, deepened by the nicest, most unobtrusive patchouly I've ever smelled. I really like this! I *thought* I had a sample of LP Original to compare this to, now I can't find it?! I'll have to make sure I order a sample in my next order.

I decided to take my sample out for a second whirl after seeing that Halo ordered a FB on the what we're ordering thread. All I can say is that my smeller seems to have sorted itself out because now I'm finally picking up on the strawberry! I love with this one even more than I did when I first smelled it, and a FB is now on its way to me!

SpriteLeigh and JudyO - all reviews on this are so awesome but these recent ones put me over.

I've had this on my list since I first ready about it, but it kept getting pushed aside, plus I really have to curb things now that I've over-overdone things. That aside, will be adding a sample of this to next order. Would prob do FB unsniffed if my mean budget would let up already. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I really didn't like this one at all. I got it as part of the Newbie's set for women, I think (if it's in that set then that's how I got it).

To be fair, I disliked the scent so much out of the bottle that I didn't try it on. I gave it to my mom. She liked the scent. I don't know if she's tried it yet, though.

I don't think this one is part of the newbie sampler, unless it was substituted for something out of stock? If you got the new release sampler for the month it came out, it would have come in that one.

As for me, I can't believe I didn't review this one yet. This is one of my favorite LPs for sure. I get vanilla glazed lemon pound cake topped with fresh strawberries that does indeed dry down after a while into LP Original, which I also love. For me it's a "best of both worlds" scent, my man generally prefers fruity or foody scents on me but they aren't my favorite on their own. This is one I can also enjoy that does not leave me smelling super fruity for the whole wear time :ph34r: Mara works her magic yet again at making gourmand scents still smell grown up and sexy, so I don't feel silly wearing it even while it's still all nommable and cake-y. I did have my FB boosted with Perfect Match and it's, well, a perfect match :lol:

Edited by Memorare

• 2 months later...

I got a sample of this, just dabbed it on for running errands, and couldnt believe how good it was. I got a lot of lemon, wich I love, but really well-rounded, no patch at all. Will get a full bottle, and am happy I found a LP that works for me. I have the Pink, and although I like the scent well enough, it's been giving me headaches lately.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This smells very caramelly and maple-y on my skin. I get a front note of sweet berry and then it shifts into a vanilla maple caramel yumminess. The patchouli is nicely melded with those smells to be sweet resin vs. the traditional sharp note I get with patch on my skin. And it seems to last for a couple of hours (which is long for me). Its pretty foody on me, which isn't my usual style but I think this would be a great scent on my daughter. It's young and fresh and pretty.

• 1 month later...

This one is a winner with me—combining lemon and strawberry with Love Potion Original? Even though I get strawberry and lemon, it still has a certain weightiness to it that doesn’t limit it to a warm weather scent. I am thinking of the equally beautiful A Touch of Cerise which is a light, warm weather scent with its touches of fruit and lemon verbena. Out of the bottle, I get strawberry lemon, almost cereal like. Upon application, I get a flash of strawberry lemon , then the lemon takes over a bit. The lemon is sweet and candy-like. I definitely get the maple in this one . After drydown, it still retains a mellow strawberry lemon scent and the patchouli definitely stays in the background adding depth. My son just said it smells like cookies, so it’s got the foody quality going on. This one is not as long-lasting as some other LPs as I do need to reapply.

• 6 months later...

Wore this sniffie today! I smelled like a delicious lemon cupcake. I didn't get much strawberry specifically, though I did get hints of fruitiness. I couldn't pick out any patchouli, though my sample might still be travel shocked. Dry down was just a delicious buttery lemon cake!

Edited by Midnight Requiem

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This will go down in my book of all time fav LPs. I remember how much I loved Luna's description, and The LP Echo Chernik labels are some I absolutely love to admire again and again. Halo turned me on to a body butter called Pink Lemonade Poundcake, it reminds me a lot of Fraise Citron and makes a great base for slathering and really boosted the throw and longevity.

FC is bright, sweet and sexy without screaming any ONE note at me. They all blend together magically and it has aged beautifully... FC was my husband's absolute fav LP, yet he could not ID any of the notes, LOL ...but it sure was one heck of a huffable scent to him. About 2 weeks before he passed - around Valentines Day - he admitted to me that sometimes he goes into my closet and pulls out Fraise Citron and LP Original to sniff when he's missing me. So now FC has taken on a whole new level of magic for me

... And I pull out my bottles of Top Dog and Dark Desires when I miss HIM ;) Mara's men's blends were the ONLY other scent he would ever wear besides his "true to the 80s" Polo Green!

Edited by LoveStruck

I went back for a second test with this one. This sounds like a bunt/poundcake dessert I make. ?But, nope. Unfortunately, it's one of those dairy/cake notes that smell sour on my skin. I get that stale milk thing my chemistry sometimes does. More for everyone else.

It sounds so good on everyone else,

Awww, that's so sweet :wub:

I remember trying this one, but I traded it away without making any notes. One of these days, I'll know better, lol.

This is one of those that I didn't like from the first smell...I looked back on my notes from the sampler and I said it was really "tart" smelling. But I think it's aged beautifully.

And you never know my dear. Chances are you'll get to smell it again ?

Edited by LoveStruck

• 4 weeks later...

Well shoot, I ordered a freebie bottle of this from the sale on a whim. I just found a sniffie in my stash and now I know I'm going to love this. Its very lemon cake on me and dries down to that beautiful LP base that I love after the cake fades but there is still a hint of it. I've been trying to find summer scents and go outside my norm. I am through and through a fall scent girl. Now that I've experienced how delicious this is I must make another sale order, quick.

Ok I tried wearing this again. I still don't get much strawberry, wet it's still a lemon cupcake. But the drydown this time was very reminiscent of the typical LP patchouli, but a little lighter and fruitier. I kept wondering why I was smelling LP: Red on myself (the only FB LP I own and therefore use regularly) until I realized it was that classic LP patchouli base working its magic.

Edited by Midnight Requiem

• 2 years later...

Bumping for charity auction!

This is not only my all time favorite LP variant, it’s also one of my all time favorite LPs. If you love LP O in the bottle but that drop of patch in the base amps on you to uncomfortable levels, try this! It’s everything I always wanted LP O to be. The vanilla base level is very similar and just has some added sweetness from the fruit and a tiny zing from the citrus. It’s not really sharp or crisp like most citrus though. Truly like a bakery type citrus. Wholly unique in the LP Catalog. 

18 hours ago, halo0073 said:

This is not only my all time favorite LP variant, it’s also one of my all time favorite LPs. If you love LP O in the bottle but that drop of patch in the base amps on you to uncomfortable levels, try this! It’s everything I always wanted LP O to be.

I really love this one too, it's got a lot going for it! I would bid on it IF I didn't have two back up bottles! Honestly, though, I like it much more than LP O. But I love lemon! I like this lemon more than either Butterscream Lemon or Lemon Fairy Cake, its a more seductive and mysterious blending, not as obvious as the other two lemons I mentioned.

8 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I really love this one too, it's got a lot going for it! I would bid on it IF I didn't have two back up bottles! Honestly, though, I like it much more than LP O. But I love lemon! I like this lemon more than either Butterscream Lemon or Lemon Fairy Cake, its a more seductive and mysterious blending, not as obvious as the other two lemons I mentioned.

Yes! By far my favorite LP lemon! It’s fresh with zing but sweet! And that sweetness blends so seamlessly with that glorious LP base vanilla it seems like one note almost. Butterscream goes a bit wonky on me, likely from the dairy accords. It manages to flatten the lemon note which is the main attraction for me.

17 hours ago, hedgehog said:

I bid on this before I got a chance to read the reviews because I was in and out of airports that day...but now I am super excited!!  It sounds like a sweet lemony dream! 

It’s freaking amazing and you got an amazing deal on it! All time fav of mine. 

• 2 weeks later...

I only got this a couple days ago, so I know I SHOULD wait for travel shock to wear off...but I don't care! It's just so amazing that I have to review it NOW!  I have pretty much been wearing it nonstop since I got it, because I am IN LOVE.

I thought this would be much more "cakey" from the start from the reviews, but it's this rich blend of lemon vanilla with what feels like the LP O base. There's a lovely depth and sophistication to it. (I paired it with LFM It settles down to a to-die-for rich lemon vanilla, with just enough amber to give it a skin-scent feel.  And it lasts all day! 

I don't get the strawberry at all, but it's perfect as it is!  I think some of the earlier reviews said that this was more tart, but now it's settled into this creamy deep lemon vanilla amber. Still sweet and lemony, but rich and smooth. I could see myself wearing this anywhere; it's sophisticated enough for work, it's bright and fun for parties, it's sexy, it's comforting for a bedtime scent...  And the label is absolutely gorgeous!

This is AMAZING. Thanks so much to Mara for including it in the charity auction!