Love Potion: Rouge w/La Femme Mystere

AD-LP-Rouge_1.jpg

VANILLA ~ Extraordinary aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, and is physically vitalizing, familial sense memories, soothing, nurturing, comforting.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
AMBER ~ Fertility, luck, riches, sensuality.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts, sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full bttl for sure, just can't decide whether I should get roll-on or spray :question-mark:

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/LPRouge/

With LP Rouge having LFM, I'm already sold. It has two types of apricot and five types of honey. LP Rouge is described as floral and fruity which I hope my newbie nose is able to detect. I haven't named a top fav yet from this month's set. I don't know that this one will be it but as stated, I'm sold. Any Love Potion variant can stand on its own in my fragrance repertoire. Add a phero atop of that -a no brainer for me :D

Edited by ComingUpRoses

No resins but with the touch of honey...I can't wait to smell this.

It does have patchouli in it, like all LP variants.

Full bttl for sure, just can't decide whether I should get roll-on or spray :question-mark:

What do you use the most of Liz, oils or sprays? I am ordering the oil.

This is the one my saliva won't stop over. FB unsniffed for sure!

Would you get LP Rouge in oil or spray? Inquiring minds would like to know :)

Well I just ordered mine and I got it in oil. I have Red in oil and one in spray boosted with SS4W. Personally I prefer it in oil. The reason I got one in spray is because I wanted to spray it over the oil mainly because of the phero. Scents that i absolutely ADORE (like Red) I prefer in oil. They are stronger...and...I just like them that way. I have lots of sprays though! Just depends on the phero and the scent (I like some summery scents in spray...like Dolly's Hot and Sticky...very refershing>)

I had to school myself and look up the word "resin." It's one of those that you've heard of -of course. But may not necessarily know. Basically I had a 50/50 chance of getting it right if multiple choice was an option. The definition surprised me. It applies to fragrances more than I thought.

Resin
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resin
150px-Cedar_of_Lebanon_cone.JPG
magnify-clip.png

Cedar of Lebanon cone showing flecks of resin as used in the mummification of Egyptian Pharaohs.

Resin in the most specific use of the term is a hydrocarbon secretion of many plants, particularly coniferous trees. Resins are valued for their chemical properties and associated uses, such as the production of varnishes, adhesives and food glazing agents. They are also prized as an important source of raw materials for organic synthesis, and as constituents of incense and perfume. Plant resins have a very long history that was documented in ancient Greece by Theophrastus, in ancient Rome by Pliny the Elder, and especially in the resins known as frankincense and myrrh, prized in ancient Egypt.[1] These were highly prized substances, and required as incense in some religious rites. Amber is a hard fossilized resin from ancient trees.

It sounds like oil is going to be the popular consensus for LP Rouge :) . I too believe the oils are stronger and overall provide more bang for your buck. I love sprays tho :heart708: I don't know if that will ever change. I'll be ordering my June NRs in oil. Of the 11, for my number one, IF I'm able to pick just one # 1 :say19: I might splurge and also get # 1 in spray as well. That way I can 'swim' in it on special occasions :wub:

Yeah I saw that Luna after I posted. I was thinking of the dark resins. I like them but it is nice to have lighter scents as well.

I amp honey but sometimes it works well with the scent and doesn't overpower. I am hoping for the best...

What do you use the most of Liz, oils or sprays? I am ordering the oil.

Would you get LP Rouge in oil or spray? Inquiring minds would like to know :)

oils mostly, I like the way the scent blooms from my body heat (hope I said the right), but...I like scents blended w/Pheros in spray, coverage

I'm not as savvy about pheros and cops as most here, I just know what works on me

It does have patchouli in it, like all LP variants.

i read this and realized that I just ordered a full sampler package of NRs which all contain patchouli -- which I can't smell. Not kidding. Unless I stick a cone of patch incense into my nostril and deeply sniff, I do NOT smell this stuff! And even then, it is a mere whisper of scent. I learned the other day that a woman at work has been wearing patch-heavy perfume and scent-ifying (some say "polluting") the hallways with it -- I had no idea, none, totally clueless. And I go into or past her office on a daily basis.

I own a fb of LP Red, which is my most favorite scent -- I love this stuff! I decided to not care what other people are smelling when I wear it, bc I love it so much, even though I recognize that I am not smelling true on it. I don't know why it didn't occur to me that I wouldn't be smelling true on any of the NRs this month. I guess they all just sounded so wonderful, I didn't think past, "Oh god, yes!" lol!

I'm most looking forward to LP Rouge -- but now I feel kind of sad and bummed out, too.

i read this and realized that I just ordered a full sampler package of NRs which all contain patchouli -- which I can't smell. Not kidding.

It's interesting that you experience specific anosmia with that scent, are there any others which you've noticed as well?

oils mostly, I like the way the scent blooms from my body heat (hope I said the right), but...I like scents blended w/Pheros in spray, coverage

I'm not as savvy about pheros and cops as most here, I just know what works on me

If you know what works for you, you're plenty savvy :magicstick: . I think yeah, that's a good way to put it. The scent does 'bloom' more in oil form. When I think sprays, I think dispersion more than bloom. Idk, LP Rouge I think would work out equally well in oil or spray with the LFM. I've committed and am definitely getting the oil but would not be averse to trying the spray either. Decisions, decisions right :say19:

It's interesting that you experience specific anosmia with that scent, are there any others which you've noticed as well?

i haven't noticed it with any other scents, and i discovered it with this one quite by accident when my cubicle mates were fanning the air after our supervisor left and complaining about his patchouli cologne and I asked, "what cologne? I didn't smell anything!"

I do have one very odd memory about scent: as a child (7-ish, 8-ish?) I went to a friend's birthday party hosted over at her grandparent's house. There was some smell in that house, so strong and awful, that I got my first ever scent-triggered headache right between my eyes and at the back of my skull -- but I was the only one who could smell it. (!!) I caught up with my friend to ask her about that smell, and she did not know what I was talking about. I tried to see if anyone else was having a reaction to it and no one was. It was not garbage-y or bathroom-y, more old-people chemical-y but not like cleaning products. Like.. formaldehyde or plastic that had not been aired ... something like that.

Totally bizarre.

In concept, yes, but in scent Mara told me it comes out as a "lighter and airier" version of LP Red.

Oh wow HLP and Red are two of my favorite LPs. If the honey in this is similar to the honey in HLP. I'm just going to swoon.....

Funny, until Raqs comment I was thinking closer to Red Lace but with honey instead of cops and of course a different phero.

Either way I'm IN!!

i haven't noticed it with any other scents, and i discovered it with this one quite by accident when my cubicle mates were fanning the air after our supervisor left and complaining about his patchouli cologne and I asked, "what cologne? I didn't smell anything!"

I do have one very odd memory about scent: as a child (7-ish, 8-ish?) I went to a friend's birthday party hosted over at her grandparent's house. There was some smell in that house, so strong and awful, that I got my first ever scent-triggered headache right between my eyes and at the back of my skull -- but I was the only one who could smell it. (!!) I caught up with my friend to ask her about that smell, and she did not know what I was talking about. I tried to see if anyone else was having a reaction to it and no one was. It was not garbage-y or bathroom-y, more old-people chemical-y but not like cleaning products. Like.. formaldehyde or plastic that had not been aired ... something like that.

Totally bizarre.

This is how I feel about Bakersfield.

I am fearing the cinnamon, but still eager to try - I just never know with LPs until I wear them! So I HAVE to try EVERYTHING!

UPDATE!

Just out of the mail! Apricot in the vial, fruity, sweet and light...will test more over the next couple days once it's settled. Cinnamon not front and center while in the vial at least... :)

Edited by NuTrix

^^^I’m actually looking forward to the cinnamon! Does it not wear well on your chemistry NuTrix? Blackcat recently had a post where she mentioned cinnamon doing a “hard and sharp” thing on her skin in certain blends. I can’t wait to be like you ladies...to know enough about my chemistry and fragrance assimilation.

Some people amp spices like crazy. I tend to amp spices but occasionally the other notes with help control the spiral. I can wear LP Red so I'm guessing this will work for me too. :)

^^^I’m actually looking forward to the cinnamon! Does it not wear well on your chemistry NuTrix? Blackcat recently had a post where she mentioned cinnamon doing a “hard and sharp” thing on her skin in certain blends. I can’t wait to be like you ladies...to know enough about my chemistry and fragrance assimilation.

It's not sharp so much as it just takes over. It drowns out all other scents. I gave up LP Red because of it. I gave up a couple others because the allspice in them did the same thing :( I can wear Unreasonable Pumpkin though and even got a back up. Latte somewhat did the same thing, but the coffe note kept up with the cinnamon so that cinnamon wasn't the only note left and they compliment one another deliciously!

Rogue started out very fruity and sweet on me today. The apricot was very forward and there's something decidedly lighter (brighter) about this one than LP Red. The honey? Verbena is mentioned in the description but not the noes...not sure if that is something I'm registering? The powdery aspect is definitely the honey on me :) This isn't a "for me" scent, but it isn't because of the cinnamon. The cinnamon is playing very nicely with me in this fragrance. I really like the addition of the honey, very pretty!

:love: ^^^It's great the coffee is keeping up with the cinnamon in this blend. Fortunately you have countless other loves to fill the Rouge-size gape in your June Release Chronicles. How many FBs do you think you'll have from the month's offerings? Regarding Rouge, hopefully other divas will be able to wear it without a problem. Me-me-me-me for instance, I'm gonna love it, I have to love it, FB coming in the mail :P

This is OH-so-much more sheer than LP Red. The bright honey seems to lighten the whole... it's a summer-wearable Red! ( I say that even though I'm eclectic and wear Black and other heavier scents in the summer too.)

This is OH-so-much more sheer than LP Red. The bright honey seems to lighten the whole... it's a summer-wearable Red! ( I say that even though I'm eclectic and wear Black and other heavier scents in the summer too.)

oh Katz, thanks for that description. I always love to hear about the feel and texture of a scent.

Can't wait to try this. You made it sound ideal for me. :)

You're completely right! The patchouli is completely in the background for me with this one. I actually ended up smelling something akin to Red Hots & I love it.

This one is sheer and weighty for me, interestingly. The honey gives it a nice round bottom ( :lol:) but the apricot lifts it up to a bright aura. This one sort of reminds me of OCCO Red, I guess, but with more oomph.

OOh that's good to know Katz. I love LP Red but sometimes the cinnamon gives me a bad rash on the cleav and I become full blown SPICE RACK

If it wears shearer than Red, maybe my tits won't be so spicy.

OOh that's good to know Katz. I love LP Red but sometimes the cinnamon gives me a bad rash on the cleav and I become full blown SPICE RACK

If it wears shearer than Red, maybe my tits won't be so spicy.

Me too. The burn can be very uncomfortable. I'm loving all the descriptions of this as being a sort of sweet Red light. Still waiting on my shipping notice. Please come soon. I'm dying......

I get you on the sheer and weighty thing, Luna! The cinnamon is still very present, but the honey and apricot are very bright and keep this from going dark like LP Red. While it is a bright honey, it's still very rich and keeps the sensual feel. I tried it on my wrist only an hour or so before cooking, and I think I washed it off, so I don't really have an idea how this behaves long term. Further testing on that. But I totally agree with you, Katz: a Red for the summer!

P.S. It smells like my Pier 1! That is meant as a compliment because every time i walk in, I take the deepest breath and it brings a smile to my face!