Love Potion: Rouge w/La Femme Mystere

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wanted to love this one, but unfortunately, there is one note that, as a newbie, I cannot identify, but which amplifies right away and spends the first hour hissing at me. After that, it softens down to a sort of spiced peaches scent, which, while pleasant, isn’t really me. To be honest, I got a sample of this for the LFM, which I thought might be congruent with my personality, but I haven’t had any effects that I can definitely identify, (at least not with this scent). :emot103:

One Saturday I had several errands to run, and frustrated that I didn’t have any hits yet, I thought: “Well, I’ll slather it all over and see if I can get an OD so I’ll know how much is too much”. Accordingly, I slathered, and suffered through the first hour of the hissing, until I couldn’t smell it any more. Despite my best efforts though, I did not OD. At least, I don’t think so. Unfortunately, I didn’t get any definite hits either. My problem with getting hits is that I live in an area where people are normally quite pleasant, so I can’t lay my finger on one particular smile, or “Have a good day” or door that was held for me, and say: “There! That one was a hit!” However, all of the above were so frequent and consistent throughout the day, that at least some of them must have been a result of the phero.

The perfume did receive one comment that made me laugh, though. Towards the end of the day, I was checking out at one store, and after maybe 30 seconds, the checkout clerk turned towards some of her fellow clerks standing nearby and said: “Okay. Somebody smells like candy. It must be you, Laura,” looking accusingly at one in particular, “it must be all that sugar you eat.” Laura sniffed her arm guiltily: “Umm, no, I don’t think so”. I just about cracked up, but after I got to my car I huffed my arm, and sure enough, it smelled like gummy peach ring candies! :smiley-laughing024:

Edited by The Baroness

Guest cutie.pie

Try not to think too much about it. Apply it and then go through your day without stalking hits (been there, done that ;)) but don't forget to play the part. My mantra while I'm wearing LFM is 'I'm glamorous. And you'll want to please me and do me favours'.

Also, start writing a diary so you can keep track while testing pheros, but also to keep track which notes work for you, and which don't.

But this is just my opinion ;)

Good luck and have fun! :)

I had a sample of this for a long time waiting for the perfect day to try it and one day I just did. When it went on Etsy, I snagged 2 bottles which is binge-shopping for me! Out of the bottle, I get a cinnamony apricot honey. I feel this scent best represents my personality. My given name means honey and I am a natural redhead , not flaming, but a subdued red that has faded as I’ve aged, so I like to think of myself as a “cinnamon girl”. If I had to pick one signature scent, this would be it phero’d or not.

When I apply it, I get the usual LP vanilla with a bright apricot note that I never seem to smell in the original Love Potion. I feel the apricot is really amped up in this variant or maybe I just amp it in this one. I don’t know so much that it’s a lighter version of LP Red than it is a brighter version without the smoky resins. However, I haven’t taken LP Red for an official test run. I am also not sure it’s the La Femme Mystere that is maybe changing the scent.

So, about the phero—La Femme Mystere is a hard one for me to judge as I feel my outward personality kind of already is the intent of the phero –I feel I already inadvertently project an unapproachability despite the fact that I am friendly and open if not a little reserved. I don’t make the first move. I’ve read here this is a phero to wear sometimes if you want to be less approachable. So, if the phero’s intent is to make you mysterious, then it is kind of lost on me. Wearing this to work this last time, I was approached by a new co-worker whom I had only greeted once. He was very nervous even to the point of being kind of giggly. I not sure if he is always like that or it was me or the phero, but I found it very odd. :blink: I’d like to think it was the phero because it was also kind of amusing. :Emoticons04263: The phero doesn’t seem to do anything to people who already know me. :mellow:

• 9 months later...

I'm wearing Rouge on this overcast day. Just love this scent/phero combo.

It's making feel better about being laid up. Not the intended use. But, this scent has aged wonderfully. It's rounded out well but still retains is hot sexy edge. The LFM is giving me a mood boost as well.

Edited by StacyK

• 6 months later...

I held the door going into the gas station this morning for the man behind me, he then got in line after me, it must have been just enough for him to experience the cloud of LP rouge. He pulled up to the pump next to me and said "excuse me, sorry I didn't mean to startle you but are you married?" After I amswered yes he then says " you are beautiful, I had to ask. He's a lucky man. I hope he treats you well. "

I've been sick for two weeks, I feel like crap, I'm unshowered, and look a mess. A stranger just made my day.

• 1 year later...

I'm so happy! I acquired a bottle of LP Rouge in a trade, and we were both concerned that it might not work for me as I am not a fan of LP Red. (Yes, I'm that one person.) I think maybe LP Red shares a note with Blud? But whatever it is, it's not in LP Rouge and I am in heaven! I even forgot that it had LFM in it. It would've been spectacular even without a phero, this might be my new date night perfume.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I'm pretty sure LP Rouge kept me and my big mouth out of jail last night! I'll try to get to the story later. 

Do tell. I can’t wait to hear. I need something to do that for me.

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2019 at 8:02 AM, Eastwood22 said:

I'm pretty sure LP Rouge kept me and my big mouth out of jail last night! I'll try to get to the story later. 

Dammit. I never told that story and now it's no longer entertaining to me to tell it.

But, @Eggers, do you have LP Rouge? I know you have LP Red. I'm asking because you know I go out to shows in LFM, it's my "don't touch Eggers" blend. I know you go frequently go to shows in Cuddle Bunny because dudes are more awesome, but last night I was remembering how it's happened to me THREE TIMES where the singer in a band has gotten off stage after the show and come to talk to me when I'm in LP Rouge. I was just about to go on the forum and tell you about it, I had some time to kill because I was at a show my man was working early (and I was wearing LP Rouge), and the singer stopped what he was doing to come say hello and give me a hug. True story. Four times. Try it, K? Mike Ness will be tripping all over himself to find an excuse to come chat you up.

2 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

Dammit. I never told that story and now it's no longer entertaining to me to tell it.

But, @Eggers, do you have LP Rouge? I know you have LP Red. I'm asking because you know I go out to shows in LFM, it's my "don't touch Eggers" blend. I know you go frequently go to shows in Cuddle Bunny because dudes are more awesome, but last night I was remembering how it's happened to me THREE TIMES where the singer in a band has gotten off stage after the show and come to talk to me when I'm in LP Rouge. I was just about to go on the forum and tell you about it, I had some time to kill because I was at a show my man was working early (and I was wearing LP Rouge), and the singer stopped what he was doing to come say hello and give me a hug. True story. Four times. Try it, K? Mike Ness will be tripping all over himself to find an excuse to come chat you up.

:lol: Thanks for the tip! I wish I'd thought about this before this past weekend, when I went to see Strung Out. Twice. :P  I wouldn't mind at all, trying this out on Mr. Ness! ;)  

I don't have Rouge, unfortunately. But I will keep it in mind for the next time. Maybe I can land some on the Trading Post at some point... or I suppose I could do LFM/Red together?  Do you use the oil or the spray? 

@Eggers I'm pretty sure that getting Rouge is like seeing a unicorn. But I'm guessing that Red and LFM together would do the same thing. Mine is a spray, I'm sure that helps.

1 hour ago, Eastwood22 said:

@Eggers I'm pretty sure that getting Rouge is like seeing a unicorn. But I'm guessing that Red and LFM together would do the same thing. Mine is a spray, I'm sure that helps.

I seem to have a lot of luck seeing unicorns, so maybe I'll luck out! 🦄  Thanks! 

Might be nice switching up my standard "show pheros". 😊