Love Potion: Tropique w/Copulins

Lovestruck... IMO, He may burn out on a scent or maybe the smell of cops if you're wearing them that noticeably but I bet you're not. :)

I don't think he can "burn out" as you can from actual pheros.

i just think I'm the one getting "tired" of the cops ether around me (that's what I meant by burnout... different from the other OD/crash I think I've experienced with too much A-nol). As far as HB goes I'm just saying (lately) the cops don't always seem to affect him - and I've tried switching up the scents they are covered with too. Even the LAM which always used to "do the trick" seems to be NBD. So do men universally find the smell of cops enjoyable, and they can't become "numbed" to the EFX when exposed a lot?

Edited by LoveStruck55

I'm happy to report the Nolia didn't rape me blind. I went fron NO NOLIA to MO NOLIA PLEASE!

The floral in this is very subtle and very sheer. It's like a tropical whisper. It's perfect for summer, very light and airy. Some white florals are heavy on me, especially 'Nolia and Jasmine, and I usually can only wear them in commercial when they are mixed in with deadly chemicals so it doesn't even really smell like what it's suppose to. Which is fine. I love perfume in any format really. Point is I would never wear one of my Jasmine or Nolia commersh stuff during summer really because I like my scents light and breezy like I am glistening or glowing pretty fumes.. this falls right into that category for me. I can really see myself wearing this during the HEAT THAT IS NOW. It's fresh and breezy. The bad thing is, every single scent that I have tried so far - I have really liked. I don't know if my hormones are tricking me right now and they are like.. OOH YES BUY THE NOLIA AND THE NAG CHAMP- and then in 6 months I will be like WTF?? So far so good though.. and I am an impulse shopper.. so I belive this might be a FB for me.

I wore this again yesterday and I'm amazed it has cops in it because I can't really smell them (as I think I'm doing in many of my other cop-laden scents). I slathered it on pretty good too. I'd love this scent in a body butter, lotion or even a refreshing spray (sans cops of course). The only thing bothering me about Tropique is that I find I have to reapply it every 2 hours or so - the lovely smell just seems to fade away too quickly on me. I'm actually wondering if I should try this in a (virgin) silicone RB next to layer with the oil/RB (w/cops) I have now... does that make sense? I just want the wonderful scent to 'last' longer on me - cops or not.

I know it's been said, but I can't believe there are cops in this! I can't smell them, at all, zero.

This is such a lovely scent! It's floral-fruity and sheer. Oddly, it goes more floral than fruit on me, and I'm not usually a fan of florals but this is light enough to be just beautiful. I'm really wanting a thick fruity scent for summer though, and I was hoping this was going to be it and it's just not. It is absolutely gorgeous, but just not what I'm looking for at the moment. I think deep down in my heart I was hoping this would be a new version of Cuchi Head:)

I was biased against the name, and so this is one of the last LP variants I've sampled. Tropique just sounds like something I'm probably not going to like, because i haven't liked any other scents with tropic or tropical in the name, and I don't like tropical tanning oil scents.

But I love this! I love the fruitiness, the vanilla and honey, the magnolia (my favorite floral note). It starts out with the fruit in the forefront, then the honey and vanilla come out and play, and the last note to linger is the magnolia. It is somehow light and summery while also being extremely rich and decadent.

In terms of its place in my scent collection, I'd place this in the same general category as Mango-ish and OCCO Ambrosia, two of my favorite LP scents.

I think deep down in my heart I was hoping this would be a new version of Cuchi Head:

No that wasn't my concept, really - I just wanted a melon-based Love Potion variant.

• 2 weeks later...

I went with a sample because I have SO MANY coconut scents. But with the melon it sounds delicious. Probably will turn FB. And I agree BC...always need MORE COPS!!!

Just out of the mail! In the vial, Yum! Yes, it's fruity and sweet. On: loving the melons, apricot, coconut and vanilla. The magnolia is there underneath and the amber and patch are giving, what would clearly be an incredibly light scent, some depth. It's really pretty. I'm not crazy on the tropical fruit thing - like eating them more so than smelling like them - but this one is VERY nice.

I was able to try this before my sampler was deliverd thanks to Ducky (thanks love).

Ok, so I don't know how such a light frangrance can hide cops so well. There is somehing in the drydown that reminds me of another LP. I guess with the LP base, that makes sense... It's driving me nuts though, is it Amazonia Zee, the coconut/vanilla from my Sweet Beach, the patch from Ambrosia, ... ?? I can't place it. The scent is very light and coconutty, with a delicate floral-fruity edge. No pointy edges or heavy cream. Just a light, fresh and beachy, skin-like scent. I'm really happy I just went FB, as I can see using this a lot throughout the summer!

BB is right. Nothing about this is loud or screechy. Very light floral, the melon is subtle, it's a very quiet scent if that makes sense. It's not aquatic but very beach like.

2qkjw46.jpg

It reminds me of a cheeky water nymph (a la the Peter Pan sexy mermaids) Its not perfumey- a very close to skin, tropical beach type of vibe. Not watery or anything, just like you've been sunning yourself on warm sand all day, eating melon with a flower tucked behind your ear.

Great info and reviews. *How* have I missed this one? Oh yea - bc I'm scouring every single page as much as I can to read @ everything I can!

Coconut cream = YUM, Vanilla = YUM, Honey, Amber, and more more plus cops. Adding to my list!! I'm def a water girl - will I feel like a Mermaid, a Water Nypmh or a Siren? :Emoticons0804: Can't wait to try and find out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Great info and reviews. *How* have I missed this one? Oh yea - bc I'm scouring every single page as much as I can to read @ everything I can!

Coconut cream = YUM, Vanilla = YUM, Honey, Amber, and more more plus cops. Adding to my list!! I'm def a water girl - will I feel like a Mermaid, a Water Nypmh or a Siren? :Emoticons0804: Can't wait to try and find out.

I couldn't have said it better myself! Agree with all of these, and love this one, exactly what I was looking for in a fruity tropical summer scent. I want to wear it all the time but have been cautious due to the cops lol.

• 3 weeks later...

This is truly a tropical delight!!! I love coconut in perfumes, so I was very anxious to try this one. I can detect copulins very easily and don't care for their scent. It was very important that it be creamy enough to cover them. I could not detect copulins at all!! Out of every potion of Mara's that I have tried, this is really the creamiest. It's very tropical and for those of you who like those types of perfumes, you won't be disappointed!! I even took Stacy's advice and had a bottle boosted with Lace. I'm looking forward to wearing it at the beach this summer if we're able to go. Fabulously delicious!! :D

This is truly a tropical delight!!! I love coconut in perfumes, so I was very anxious to try this one. I can detect copulins very easily and don't care for their scent. It was very important that it be creamy enough to cover them. I could not detect copulins at all!! Out of every potion of Mara's that I have tried, this is really the creamiest. It's very tropical and for those of you who like those types of perfumes, you won't be disappointed!! I even took Stacy's advice and had a bottle boosted with Lace. I'm looking forward to wearing it at the beach this summer if we're able to go. Fabulously delicious!! :D

Oh good for you. I'm still just topping it off with Lace i so need to get a boosted bottle though.

This has just aged so well. I didn't get a lot of depth when it was new. But, I figured since it's from the LP line it will do good things with age. I get so much more depth now. The notes are richer. It's just fab.

This is definitely fruit forward. I purchased 3 trials and made a spray that I've been wearing for the last two days. On me, it's pretty light but I like to have my smell precede me coming into a room (diva complex!) It's fruity, but there is that vanilla-patch deepness that is with all LPs that I have found. After an hour, that vanilla part comes up stronger, as does the florals, and it balances the fruit very well. Absolutely no cop smell whatsoever. I also don't smell coconut, but again, that is just my skin chemistry. Also, on me, it lasts about 3 hours before I can't smell it anymore on my forearms and cleavage. Not a lot of mileage.

It just occurred to me that I actually dip my head now to smell my chest. That's just wrong, on so many levels. No wonder people are giving me weird looks since I started wearing LPMP!

So this is a great day time scent, especially in the hot muggy weather we've been having in So Cal. It's light, fruity, and floral. Very feminine and light, like I want to be wearing a pink tailored suit with a short skirt, 4 inch pumps, and light makeup but fabulous hair. Makes me want to do a sangria lunch with other fantastic women who also are wearing pink suits with short skirts and mega heels and cackle to each other, "Aren't we gorgeous?" That's what LP Tropique does for me anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

Wet, I get a decided and lovely fresh melon, apricot and vanilla mix. Sort of cool and "wet" smelling! This does not stay on me though. Within perhaps 20 minutes, the fruits took a back seat.. waaay in back to a blend of honey and amber entwined around a very pretty magnolia. The coconut never came through on my skin at all , nor did the patchoulli... at first. After perhaps an hour, my skin did something very strange and unexpected to the whole thing and left me with blend of amber , which I now apparently amp these days and magnolia. To my nose, there was something sort of spiky and green, which is not one of its ingredients, but it did the same weird thing on my skin that vetiver does. It was lovely while it lasted, but after about an hour of my skin doing its weird tricks on this blend, it actually morphed into something that smelled like a man's scent. that is not a bad thing per se, but certainly not what I expected and it totally came out of left field. So... not sure people can go by me, but that was my Tropique experience. Not at all what others here have experienced, but that's my PH!

• 1 month later...

I really love this, was a wonderful summer addition. Tropical and aquatic smelling, could be a little androgynous...I think that's the melons, I'm grateful they don't go all out melon but would stay fresh. This did fade faster than other LP's on me and the patch was light.

Wet this smells very fresh and juicy. As it dried I could smell the cops. Then I got something creamy. Then the fragrance rested into something vanilla ish, but perfumey. This fragrance is really complex because it is fresh, but has some depth at the same time. It reminds me of night time. I would not wear this in the day time and it seems really sophisticated and mature. So I see this as an after 5 scent. I amped this one hard. People could smell me from across the room with only one dot on my hand. I am not in love in love with this, but it is very nice.

• 3 months later...

Love this one! Wet is very tropical and fruity on me, and then the drydown is coconuts and vanilla. It's possible that my nose isn't very sensitive to cops, since I couldn't smell any in there. At the end, there's a slight hint of that vanilla patchouli that all the LP's have, but it's so light. The coconuts and magnolia remind me a lot of Leilani.

• 2 months later...

I think I'm in love with this scent?

It's nostalgic to me as it smells like the old room of my older favorite cousin, who used to watch me all the time.

I would just hang out on her bed, and look at the different vhss ( saw Leonardo dicaprio for the first time on the vhs box and it was love haha), and playing with stuff she gave me.

Just good times haha.

-This is for sure a tropical delight!!

-When I wear it, it sort of smells like mango which is weird as it's not an ingredient that was used haha.

- Can't even smell the cops at all!!

- Sort of wish there wasn't cops in it though so I can just slather it all over me haha

Would definitely recommend it to those who enjoy a light and tropical scents!

• 3 years later...