I need Honey Whip just for the label!

Hehe,.. thought the same thing.....

What "attractive" labels :Emoticons0424:

As always - AMAZING!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm . . . what was I going to say? I seem to have forgotten.

*wipes drool off chin*

*returns to private interlude with Sir Midnight Rhapsody and Mr. B2.2.*

Life-sized posters available?! Pleeeeze?!

I would buy a DVD of the photo shoot! Like the $19.95 SI Swimsuit Edition DVD that my ex-husband HAD to have ("RELAX honey, it's JUST ART!")

Midnight Rhapsody. He is SO luscious-pretty... Like Bradley Cooper...the kind I'd have to keep under lock & key because I'd exhaust myself trying to keep the other women at bay. Alas, our love would be doomed because the green eyed monster would probably not tolerate him LOOKING at another woman (& therefore constantly dealing with my own insecurities!)

Then I go the other extreme and lust after Surfer Dude Pherodise, and dream he's a sensitive old soul that just makes me RELAX. And Tonka Musk... he just looks like sexy, soulful and fun all wrapped into one. Sweet Surrender... he's gorgeous but he'd just confuse the hell out of me (happy/sad/quiet/dark?) and I'd probably blow it (the RELATIONSHIP people... geez!) Heatwave would have me in a trance most of the time, speechless or mumbling incoherently just gazing into his eyes. And then there's that Honey Whip Homme... he scares me and revs my engines all at once.

The notes will reveal who my scent-soulmates are!

Edited by LoveStruck55

Mara, are these luscious guys, um, I mean potions going to be printed on the lovely shiny labels you used last month? They would last so much longer, and I know we all want them to be able to last longer.. :Emoticons0424::purr:

Ok, I'll tell ya what. Here's a compromise.... I will print the BOTTLE labels on the gloss photo paper, but the trial vials I will print on regular paper. (Luna's correct, that photo sticker stock is shockingly expensive.)

That is awesome of you Mara, but I realize that printing costs for the shiny extras must be absurd. You shouldn't have to put out the extra $$$ . I can't speak for everyone, but I would be just as happy with the usual label material. I was simply unclear as to whether or not you had switched permanently to the shiny labels.

Rose, it was a good idea, I was thinking of doing the bottles in the shiny anyway. I WISH I could do it every month, but seriously, the paper and ink cost more than my rent!

Lovestruck, I am a photographer, but I would never have the time to do photo shoots for every month's NRs, thus I use stock photo libraries. Some of this month's hunks I have had saved in my lightbox for over 3 years....Heatwave, Tonka Musk, and Sweet Surrender...I have been trying to find perfumes to match with them for ages!

You joked earlier about doing free photo shoots for hunks...I REALLY DID DO THAT!! During the years where my photography was my main income source, (I shot bands and actors, once in a while models and comedians) I would sometimes see someone on the street that I liked the look of and offer to do a free shoot "for my portfolio"...not a pick up line, actually really important for the portfolio, and fun to do shoots with the freedom to do them how you want to, artistically. One gal I approached...she was shopping with her mom, probably in her late 20's and she had the most amazing grace in her movements. Her mom told me she had been a ballerina. Well, she let me do the shoot, as long as I did a shoot for her younger brother too (also stunning), and it turned out she was already a bit famous as an actress! She never told me! We stayed friends for years, and I asked why she didn't tell me she already was on a prime time TV series...she was being modest...and here I thought I had kind of discovered a future star and she already was one. :lol:

Ohhh, I not only had that image saved for years, I've used pix of him on several other labels too, but with different costumes. Just off the top of my head - it's the same model on both Shade and Native Soil!

Man candy comparisons....

Rose, it was a good idea, I was thinking of doing the bottles in the shiny anyway. I WISH I could do it every month, but seriously, the paper and ink cost more than my rent!

Lovestruck, I am a photographer, but I would never have the time to do photo shoots for every month's NRs, thus I use stock photo libraries. Some of this month's hunks I have had saved in my lightbox for over 3 years....Heatwave, Tonka Musk, and Sweet Surrender...I have been trying to find perfumes to match with them for ages!

You joked earlier about doing free photo shoots for hunks...I REALLY DID DO THAT!! During the years where my photography was my main income source, (I shot bands and actors, once in a while models and comedians) I would sometimes see someone on the street that I liked the look of and offer to do a free shoot "for my portfolio"...not a pick up line, actually really important for the portfolio, and fun to do shoots with the freedom to do them how you want to, artistically. One gal I approached...she was shopping with her mom, probably in her late 20's and she had the most amazing grace in her movements. Her mom told me she had been a ballerina. Well, she let me do the shoot, as long as I did a shoot for her younger brother too (also stunning), and it turned out she was already a bit famous as an actress! She never told me! We stayed friends for years, and I asked why she didn't tell me she already was on a prime time TV series...she was being modest...and here I thought I had kind of discovered a future star and she already was one. :lol:

What an awesome story and testimony to your intuition and sense of aesthetics! Another talent of yours I was not aware of! When I lived in Boston in my 20s, there were always photography students asking people if they could photograph them. I allowed photographers to take pics of me more than once. It was flattering to be asked. Until one night while standing in line for a midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture show with my ex, a photographer was asking people in line , most of which were in costume, and asked me if he could take my picture. I said, "But I am not in costume. These are my regular clothes." Then he said, "Really??? Well that's ok, you look a lot like Magenta anyway." I wrestled with whether that was a good thing or a bad thing for the longest time until I just figured, hey, if it made me interesting enough to warrant a photo request, at least I must have been interesting. But...back to the hunks (swooning) Mr. Sweet Surrender is is just gorgeous beyond belief! I have not seen "bedroom eyes" like that in a very long time! All kidding aside Mara, all of these men were perfectly chosen and I think you managed to find more than one to appeal to everyone. They should cover all concepts of what people's type is! I know the shiny paper is crazy money, but I guess if there were ever labels that helped justify the cost,these hunks would be the ones. And BTW...if you , ahem, ever need to spend hour after hour tirelessly pouring over pix like these again and need some help with that task, then I will selflessly volunteer. ;)

Ohhh, I not only had that image saved for years, I've used pix of him on several other labels too, but with different costumes. Just off the top of my head - it's the same model on both Shade and Native Soil!

Man candy comparisons....

AD-HoneyWhip.jpg <<- he reminds me of ->> http://www.celebritybirthdaysinaugust.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/chris-hemsworth-3.jpg

Honey Whip

AD-SweetSurrender.jpg <<- he reminds me of ->> http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/020/c/1/robert_pattinson_by_sprsprsdigitalart-d5s44yx.jpg

Sweet Surrender

AD-CaressfulBreeze.jpg <<- he reminds me of ->> http://www.theplace2.ru/archive/sendhil_ramamurthy/img/38573_17_Sendhil_Ram.jpg

Caressful Breeze w/ Blatant Invitation

Wow!! Doppelgängers lol

Mara, there is NO denying you are a remarkable, multi-faceted, multi-talented multi-tasker, but I would be utterly shocked if you said you were able to do photoshoots for every label or even NRs, LOL. For my magazine ad clients I have to resort to stock photographs most of the time - even though I will combine and morph them into different photos altogether (ala the Love's Truck) Photoshop alone can suck the life (and hours) out of my day - even on a single photograph. (Undoubtedly, you get this) I knew from seeing some of your photos that you had to be a photographer, and this is such a cool story! Can you reveal the starlet's name? :) Just curious.

As far as the gloss labels go... I agree with Rose that I would much rather have you save the expense. You already are so generous with samples, shipping and unique packaging that I'd rather see that $$ go to your bottom line. For what it's worth, what I actually do with my labels is to apply some of the laminated film sheets from an office supply store (you can cut to fit) and that helps protect them from getting torn (AND schmear-ed!!!) The sheets aren't cheap, but I use them on my favorite bottles just to protect them. The same could be accomplished with that clear, wide packing tape for that matter, although you'd have a 'seam' per se, since the width/length is not exact, but who cares? If, like me, you keep bottles in a cool, dark place anyway it's not like they need to look perfect. Adding the protective sheet/tape actually makes the label detail "pop" nicely - not as great as the laser ones, of course, but pretty good. I've even thought about using the packing tape idea on my sample vials to preserve them.

Edited by LoveStruck55

Hey Guys,

omg, they look so good, i want them all, :kiss43: waiting for purchase... :smiley-char145:

Edited by AncientGoddess

Wow!! Doppelgängers lol

Stacy you are right! They look SO much alike!

Mara, there is NO denying you are a remarkable, multi-faceted, multi-talented multi-tasker, but I would be utterly shocked if you said you were able to do photoshoots for every label or even NRs, LOL. For my magazine ad clients I have to resort to stock photographs most of the time - even though I will combine and morph them into different photos altogether (ala the Love's Truck) Photoshop alone can suck the life (and hours) out of my day - even on a single photograph. (Undoubtedly, you get this) I knew from seeing some of your photos that you had to be a photographer, and this is such a cool story! Can you reveal the starlet's name? :) Just curious.

As far as the gloss labels go... I agree with Rose that I would much rather have you save the expense. You already are so generous with samples, shipping and unique packaging that I'd rather see that $$ go to your bottom line. For what it's worth, what I actually do with my labels is to apply some of the laminated film sheets from an office supply store (you can cut to fit) and that helps protects them from getting torn (AND schmear-ed!!!) The sheets aren't cheap, but I use them on my favorite bottles just to protect them. The same could be accomplished with that clear, wide packing tape for that matter, although you'd have a 'seam' perse, since the width/length is not exact, but who cares? If, like me, you keep bottles in a cool, dark place anyway it's not like they need to look perfect. Adding the protective sheet/tape actually makes the label detail "pop" nicely - not as great as the laser ones, of course, but pretty good. I've even thought about using the packing tape idea on my sample vials to preserve them.

Lovestruck, the laminated film sheets are an AWESOME idea for those of us who want to preserve labels! Mara, why not consider conserving on costs right now and let us use Lovestruck' s idea? It just seems like sensible especially with the whole new store prospect looming now. I certainly wouldn't mind purchasing some of that laminate sheet and having it on hand to preserve whatever I want to use it on. Smart thinking Lovestruck! Another talented LP person! :)

It's ok, calm down! LOL. I already printed the bottle label sheets. It's amazing what a difference the stock makes. They are really THAT much more stunning on the shiny labels. :666:

Well this is probably another stroke of MMG (Mara Marketing Genius) as it sure makes buying the bottles even more of a temptation...

Edited by LoveStruck55

Yum! They look gorgeous, and they sound like they smell amazing! Sweet Surrender sounds amazing! And yes, Honey Whip sounds delicious, too. The shirtless fella reclining on Midnight Rhapsody reminds me of Silas from Weeds, only I don't feel so bad drooling over him, since he looks older! LOL! :D

Edited because I have a memory the size of a pea.

Edited by Eggers

OMG they All sound amazing.. I'm all flustered!

WTD!!

The sampler can't get here fast enough.

:D

I am going to have to get a sampler this month!

HOLYMOLY! Dying over all the descriptions...I already ordered the sampler but everything sounds so good...I'm tempted to go all bottles...just drooling over so many of them! They all sound fantastically irresistible and I think I want them all! CANNOT WAIT to get my greedy mitts on that sampler...

*whimpers* I shall never be able to save up for the sale at this rate :lol:

Oh yumz,these sound as good as they look :Emoticons04235: ... and as always Luna Chick ,you delight with your talent :abfx:

...the fat drops of sunlight coming through dense foliage above...applause clattered like a rainshower...

I planned on sitting this one out so I could save up for sale. Ended up getting a sampler set and kicking myself for not ordering as soon as pics went up. Come on Lady V and get those samples in so you can terrorize away!

I planned on sitting this one out so I could save up for sale. Ended up getting a sampler set and kicking myself for not ordering as soon as pics went up. Come on Lady V and get those samples in so you can terrorize away!

LOL

I can't stop looking at Mr. Honey Whip. Between Skarsgard (sp?) and him, you people are going to convert me on blonds for good

Midnight Rhapsody!!!

Mara I like what you did with the notes in Crescendo. Very very cool.