Private Editions for JULY 2014

AD-PE-QG-Garage.jpg

Quiet Guy's The Garage

QG wanted the main notes to be musk, leather and steel, so I started with the musks, combining 3 to get the desired character...a smooth white Arabian musk, paired with a darker more resinous musk, with a few drops of a brighter, sunnier, soapier musk. To this I added drops of a well-worn style leather smell, and drops of ozone to evoke the metallic aura of steel. The accents are tiny drops of motor oil and cement accords, and an unsweetened natural tobacco leaf aroma. You can smell each of the accent notes while wet, and after drydown it turns into a manly, cool-temped leathery musk. (John says I nailed it!) :)

0/4 bottles available - Storemy, Cherise, QuietGuy x2

AD-PE-MelissaSTM.jpg

Sleep Tight Might

If you let your sniffer search, you can detect every ingredient in this blend! Expertly designed by CinnamonMel's daughter - a nighttime potion of soothing powdery lavender and pillowy marshmallow, a few drops of baby yellow rose, hot cocoa powder, and "baby smell" comprised of oak moss, powdered sugar and a sweet white musk.

0/6 bottles available - Invidiana, DolphinDolls, Bruiseviolet, Platypuss, LadyV, Halo Amalthea - ALL GONE! ALTERNATES - Tyvey, Lovestruck , Birkeys, seajammarket, ivy_fiddlefox, RoseBlackthorne

AD-PE-RebeccaSG.jpg

Rebecca's Something Green

Rebecca wanted something moist and green, so I started with a base of fern, and added a *wet* moss aroma (not dried like oakmoss), and a few extra drops of watery greens like birch leaf and fresh cut stems. A few drops of benzoin in the base give it warmth without making it overtly sweet, and a splash of tangy red currant on top...which is brightest at the beginning, but mellows into the blend evolving into a wistful, fresh nature girl (or boy) aura.

3 bottles available

AD-PE-RebeccaSW.jpg

Rebecca's Something White

A heart comprised of a collection of smooth white musks, with little dabs of cucumber and bergamot that give it breadth and dimension.

0/3 bottles available - Blackcat, seajammarket, StacyK - ALL GONE!

AD-PE-LindeeSC.jpg

Lindee's Summertime Classic

Tropical coconut and coconut cream, plumeria, and drops of neroli and sea salt combine to give off a "fresh off the beach" aura...suntan oil with a lick of salt!

0/5 bottles available - Blackcat, CinnMel, seajammarket, JustDucky, JudyO

AD-PE-JenniferSK.jpg

Jennifer's Sunset Kiss

Jennifer asked for a "blood orange creme brulee", but with the citrus rather than the sweet being the main attraction. I combined two blood orange oils, with two creme brulee oils - one sweet and one of them creamier, added a little whipped cream and my own custard/pudding accord, and ended with just a dash of caramelized sugar. Note that "blood orange" is not the average orange, it's a little more "grown up" smelling and not as candy-like as the tangerine oils I use in the cupcake scents. it has a deep body to it. This is delicious and adorable but has a touch of maturity at the same time.

0/9 bottles available - Hearts, Storemy, Invidiana, LadyV, Just Ducky, seajammarket, Luna, seajammarket, Lovestruck - ALL GONE!

AD-PE-JenniferKLK.jpg

Jennifer's Key Lime Kiss

Jennifer asked for a foody (not drinky) lime and toasted coconut blend, so I combined 2 kinds of natural lime EOs with 3 coconut varieties to achieve the toasted feel, topped with a dash of vanilla custard and whipped cream. Delish! The lime oils, being natural, make this blend a little bit cloudy. *Make sure you shake before you apply.*

0/6 bottles available - Invidiana, Lovestruck, Ducky, DolphinDolls, SeaJammarket, JudyO

AD-PE-JenniferFA.jpg

Jennifer's Farmhouse Afternoon

A lazy summer afternoon, laying in the cool green grass with the scents of nature carrying on the breeze... To achieve this aura, I combined quite a long list of fresh and watery green notes, just tiny drops of each, added a micro drop of two moist earthy notes, and a dash of lilac and rose stems, not enough to make it a floral, but just a hint traveling on the breeze. Quite an authentic experience! IMO, this would be an awesome perfume to layer with Sugared Apples.

3/8 bottles available - StacyK, Storemy, seajammarket, blackcat, StacyK

AD-PE-StacyLL.jpg

Stacy's Lady Luck

A base of coconut cream, laced with sweet honeysuckle and papaya, a dollop of warm light honey, and a little zing of ginger on top!

5/9 bottles available - Blackcat, LadyV, Anon2F, Lovestruck

AD-PE-LadyVicMS.jpg

Lady Victoria's Midnight Snack

REBREW!

Salted caramels, brown sugar and lavender combine for an unusual but extremely delicious treat!

0/11 bottles available - StacyK, Blackcat, Hearts, Platypuss, Tyvey, seajammarket, DolphinDolls, Ducky, Anon2F, IvyFiddlefox, Fleur, ChrissyRez

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such cute labels! I'm super excited! :D

Also, here are my note notes;

"Something White - I'm in a mood for a white, clean scent without aquatics or soapiness. I'm thinking something with a heart of white musk, with some sparkliness from bergamont and dampness from cucumber. I adore white musk, and I'm really hanging out for a white musk heavy scent."

"Something Green - I think what I'm craving is a moss and fern base with a sweet resin like benzoin and an extra tang of something like red currant."

Edited by Celrynnya

Love the labels for these - especially Something Green. So friggin' cute! Reminds me of the stones/crabs that move the boat in Pirates of the Caribbean (can't remember which one!).

Oh wow. they look great.

My PE, originally I was calling it "Good Fortune & Sex" Then I thought Lady Luck sounded better. :)

I asked Mara for;

*Honeysuckle

*Coconut Cream

*Golden Honey (warm like the honey in Cocoa Honey) - not too much, like a warm hug!

* juicy Papaya

*a sprinkle of warm ginger

Black cat, is "Farmhouse" yours?

What's in it?

I have to get one! I've wanted a "country" summer scent!

Edited by StacyK

Ooh yeah I think I might want that if the lav is sweet and not herby. or erbally as AG would say. Where is AG?

I agree! If it's more Purple Puff lav and not Tickle Tickle lav- i think I want one!

Oh wow. they look great.

My PE, originally I was calling it "Good Fortune & Sex" Then I thought Lady Luck sounded better. :)

I asked Mara for;

*Honeysuckle

*Coconut Cream

*Golden Honey (warm like the honey in Cocoa Honey) - not too much, like a warm hug!

* juicy Papaya

*a sprinkle of warm ginger

Black cat, is "Farmhouse" yours?

What's in it?

I have to get one! I've wanted a "country" summer scent!

OMG, I cannot wait for this!!! Brilliant name change!

Yes, I'm the one who somehow needed THREE this month!

The first two are very straightforward foodies. Sunset is based on a blood orange creme brulee I had years ago and never got over -- I asked for blood orange, custard, whipped cream and just a touch of carmelized sugar. Key Lime is just what it sounds like -- lime, custard, toasted coconut and whipped cream. In both cases, I asked for a creamy bright citrus with the sweetness taking a bit of a back seat.

For Farmhouse Afternoon I'm very eager to hear notes from Mara, when she has a chance, because I wrote more of a novel for that one -- all I can say is that the label captures the setting/weather I was thinking of perfectly!! I was wanting something in the family of Summer Belle or Spring's Jasmine Rain, but with the earth and grass notes more prominent, instead of being the background for the fruit/floral notes. But maybe a hint of lilac and/or ozone hovering in there. Ooooh, I just can't wait!

Mara, I just can't believe these gorgeous labels! You are AMAZING!!

ETA: Oh, and Celrynnya, so cool to see the fruits of your musings in your PE thread! These look gorgeous!

I am going to reread threads on The Garage and Sleep Tight Might, and I too am very intrigued by Lindee's Summertime Classic!

Edited by Blackcat

OMG they all sound great!

That description of Farmhouse sounds amazing... I can't wait to see what Mara did there.

Actually I won't

1 Farmhouse Afternoon please.

I stumbled upon this and everything sounds absolutely wonderful. You all did an amazing job from reading the notes!!!

If it's not too early, I'd love to reserve the following if any are available:

QG's The Garage

Sunset Kiss

Farmhouse Afternoon

I'd love to reserve a Sunset and Key Lime Kiss, those are right up my alley. I am a bit of a citrus foodie whore.

ETA: and a Sleep Tight Might. The combo of soft and powdery with marshmallow and chocolate is just too tempting.

Edited by Invidiana

I'd love to reserve a Sunset and Key Lime Kiss, those are right up my alley. I am a bit of a citrus foodie whore.

In that case these were made for you too!

In addition to Lady Luck, may I also request a Something White?

DUDE. What's in your Garage? Aside from that sexy car, I mean. B)

Here was the original thoughts. Not sure what ended up in there exactly yet but I am sure it is great!

Closer to a commercial garage perhaps than a home garage but either direction would work.

Notes:

Leather

Touch of Motor Oil (like Steamy Daydreams)

Touch of Cement (like Ectoplasm) Thanks Luna! - Or it would have to be very light

Touch of Tobacco

Musk (resinous black or vintage - thanks Luna!)

Steel or iron note

As Luna said, mansmell without the sweetness.

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=9308&page=1

Edited by quietguy

I'm still not all the way through bottling these, guys. Sorry for the wait, I've been swamped and a little under the weather the last few days but I promise I will have the rest of the info up tomorrow. Thanks for your patience! xoxox

To Amalthea - it's a soft baby yellow rose and not prominent at all, just a lovely accent. :)

I'm still not all the way through bottling these, guys. Sorry for the wait, I've been swamped and a little under the weather the last few days but I promise I will have the rest of the info up tomorrow. Thanks for your patience! xoxox

Oh, please take care of yourself, PM! These are so very worth waiting for!

And may I add Lindee's Summertime Classic to my list?

I just realized I still have PEs reserved from last month as well -- I'm so sorry! Is it easier for you guys if I pay for all of these now and have them folded into the current order, or would it be simpler if I let this monster order finally get processed and then make another monster order next week?

To Amalthea - it's a soft baby yellow rose and not prominent at all, just a lovely accent. :)

Don't be sorry Mara, here I was just going to post a note of apology that I couldn't pay for a couple days because someone stole my identity and ripped me off $1100 and I have to wait for a new credit card. Just take care of yourself!