Heatwave

Beccah

AD-Heatwave_1.jpg

Heatwave

When it's hot and humid all you want to do is cool down...and we've got the teas to please! A chilly quaff for when the temps climb high, this is a delicious fruit-based tea scent featuring sweet strawberry, tangy pomegranate and icy peppermint blended with refreshing white tea and just a drop of vanilla. An additional splash of watery succulent Bird of Paradise adds to the cooling effect for this long-lasting fruity/floral herbal remedy for the summer swelter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.
POMEGRANATE ~ Divination, luck, wishes granted, wealth, fertility.
PEPPERMINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.
WHITE TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
BIRD OF PARADISE ~ Beginnings, excitement, wonderment.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

This scent is very crisp, refreshing and fresh. The notes that are standing out the most to me are the pomegranate, tea and the lush bird of paradise. It's very green and bright, the strawberry burned off fairly quick on my skin. This would be so nice to spray around a airy room on a hot day- the scent seems very succulent and cooling.

Brisk comes to mind. After all the sweet treats this one was on the other end of the scale. It's lightly sweet on top (strawberry & pomegranate?) but I'm not sure what seems slightly astringent...peppermint or tea? This deserves a proper go. Sometimes little patches of skin just don't compare to a good slather :D Will have to revisit this one in a day or so I think.

Wow this is actually very pretty,. I am not a big white tea type of person, but in this it works. The strawberry and pomegranate are at the front with almost like a salty green thing going on in the back which makes it very refreshing. Kinda like when you walk out of the shower into the sun and there's this immediate fresh/cool type of feeling and you know you smell good because you just slathered on your fav LP?

It's that type of feeling. Very very clean, refreshing and pretty! I like this a lot! Especially for this summer. Another win for me.

Omg I love it! At first it smelled nothing like the notes or what other people are smelling. It smelled like rhubarb pie! NOW I smell the peppermint!but it is BARELY THERE. Just enough to make this refreshing and summery. I have never really been a fan of any mint in a perfume but this one so works. I get NO Bird of Paradise that I can tell.

The peppermint is getting stronger but is still kept in check. Very nice. Agree that this would be great as a summer spray.

Interesting! I put this on this morning without refreshing myself on the notes, and I had the hardest time figuring out which this one was... I swear I was smelling a very soft pineapple! Now that I look I can pick out the fruits a bit better, but I can hardly pick up the tea at all. This is just very soft, quiet fruit. It wears very sheer on me.

Out of the vile I definitely am getting herbal, slightly sweet. I don't know Bird of Paradise but that must be the floral. It's wearing very sheer on me, I have to have my shnoz right up to the app point to really get everything besides the floral note. I don't think this is something I'd wear often, it stayed very floral on me and there's something weird going on with my third eye but didn't quite become a headache. Strange, because this isn't a beat you over the head scent. Will set aside to age a bit - could be a later love?....

This smells a little more green on me than I expected, but I get the vanilla too...I can't quite place what this reminds me of. It does have a zing! to it, but I'm not sure it works on me. There's something going distinctly sour on my skin. I think I prefer Xuehua Xing when it comes to this type of fragrance.

This wasn't too high on my list of things to try out because I have a love-hate relationship with peppermint. It was actually quite nice!! The vanilla with the peppermint reminds me of those pastel after dinner mints, sweet, light and vagulely minty. I smell a hint of tea, but at first, i think my nose was interpreting it as a light musk. The birds of paradise is a creamy floral. I don't get much of the strawberry per se, but it's got to be contributing to the pink feel of this. Overall, a light, feminine summery scent!

On my crazy skin, the bird of paradise screamed.....HELLO I AM FLORAL! That was all I got for about the first 10 minutes. Then, some of the other notes started to peek through...mostly the vanilla, tea, and mint. I also got a fruity "aura" in the background that I couldn't quite distinguish as a particular fruit, but just a fruity essence. Al in all, it was nice.

Me too dolly, and I think I have some buried horrible association with birds of paradise because it makes me feel just not good. :( the scent is generally very refreshing in a fresh-laundry unisex kind of way (which is probably the peppermint talking)

Edited by tyvey

• 8 months later...

I love the sound of this one, reading the notes. But something in it, to me, smells a bit harsh in the vial. Then on my skin, there's an edge to it that reminds me of male sweat. Which is really odd! It almost makes me wonder if my nose is interpreting the scent based on the picture on the label. And then it goes away, but so does the perfume soon after.

I don't know; I feel like I should love this one, but it doesn't really work for me in reality. Sadness.

• 2 years later...

Then on my skin, there's an edge to it that reminds me of male sweat.

Me too, sort of, although my skin is giving this more of a musty-smelling undertone that feels at odds with the peppermint and the overall "cool" feeling this is supposed to have.

• 2 months later...

I still have the entire sampler from the month of "hot dudes" ;)

I usally like Bird Of Paradise. Which was a suprise to me. Thanks "Fleurs de Vanille". But, I often forget about it. So many notes to choose from.

But, there's no mistaking the clean'ish bright floral here, though it is in the background for me.

This scent is summertime fresh with a bowl of fruit on the side. The peppermint is a cool lighthearted splash of summer fun. The fruit is bright at first on my skin. It dries down to a soft sweet background. Fruit by the water!!

Its not soapy. But, I'm reminded of washing my hair in the summertime with a girly sweet, fruity, floral shampoo. Skipping the harsh blow dryer and leaving it to the summer air to dry, while enjoying the lingering scent of the shampoo.

Nice today, after a night of no AC and plenty of heat.

Edited by StacyK

• 4 years later...

I know this is an oldie, but I was looking at another summery perfume and for some reason it made me think of heatwave. I got this one in a threebie a few years back and didn't get along with it AT ALL, and that was my only memory of it... it has been sitting in my giveaway pile for years! but my impression of it was so negative I didn't want to "pawn it off" on anyone... anyway, I suddenly got curious about the notes, revisited, stared in shock and realized, I love all of those things?? how could I hate this? did I even test it properly?

short answer: ... I guess not!

longer answer: I am crying in the middle of my cloud of crisp and juicy strawberry tea, wondering where I went wrong, mourning our lost years together

tragic backstory: the bottle tipped over and leaked all over my perfume collection, and apparently I never forgave it for choking me out and smogging everything I own. too much of a good thing suffocated me and then became my enemy. I put it in time-out and didn't look back. sadly, that means it's 9/10s empty now but I'll enjoy what I have left 😭👌

moral of the story: I need to go through everything I own more often to remind myself how I feel about them, sheesh!