Kiss of Nectar

Beccah

AD-KissNectar_1.jpg

Kiss of Nectar

A garden in full flower, a delicious drift of blooming blossoms and potent sweetness...a summer bouquet of heady honeysuckle, hydrangea and hyacinth dripping with luscious butterscotch syrup layered upon an elegant oriental-style musky base.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.
HYACINTH ~ Attracts love and luck; protection, playfulness, joy,
relieves grief, eases childbirth. Dependability, constancy, friendship.
HYDRANGEA ~ Hex-breaking, love drawing, lovers reunited, fidelity.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
BUTTERSCOTCH:
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
BUTTER ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

This is way different than I expected. I was afraid of the butterscotch. But really what this boils down to on me is mostly a creamy dreamy honeysuckle. I can't pick out the other florals individually. The honeysuckle is gorgeous. Strong but mellow at the same time. Totally tempered by the vanilla and musk. Dolly and Stacy will both love this, I predict.

I thought this would be way too floral for my taste. But, it just goes to show that you should try it before assuming anything. This wears really light, but it's so creamy and warm with a bright edible honeysuckle shining through. I had no idea that butterscotch and honeysuckle could make such a great combo! It's an almost skin scen, but very girly too. I want this boosted with Lace!

Wet I get honeysuckle as it dries down it becomes yummy edible candied buttery honeysuckle. Sometimes I feel like honeysuckle can smell a bit like thick rancid flowery something, but in this combo it's lush and creamy, the combo of notes keep the honeysuckle well balanced and buttery. It's very buttery and I can totally see this with Gotcha or something fem and fun like Lace.

I 'm getting floral and something sweet but not picking out honeysuckle specifically. I'm not giving up yet though, and willing to blame travel shock for the lack of noticeable other notes. I want creamy honeysuckle too!

This one is all thick succulent floral, on me. So far I'm not picking out any of the foodie notes. It has a wonderful texture, like vintage silk -- I think that's the musk. Or maybe it's the butterscotch, and even though I'm not picking it up as a scent/flavor, it's creating that lovely density? One of the reasons I usually don't go for florals is that they can be so sheer on me, but this has a much more palpable presence. I agree with Lady V, it definitely feels like a match for Gotcha!

TODAY is HONEYSUCKLE! Softer (creamier?) than Leprechaun Luck, but right up the with that honeysuckle note. This is one of my FAVORITES so far. I could see a FB of this. It's VERY floral and whatever in it that is sweet is coming across like a creamy undercurrent., like coco butter. It's got some throw and it isn't stabby or pointy. I can't WAIT to see how this ages! :w00t:

I love this kind of concept - love sweet florals, gourmand florals, I am a fan of A Treasure Of Gold, which utilizes this same kind of trope to a degree - but much as with Leprechaun Luck for me, honeysuckle game too strong. I think the musk just amps the florals too high on my skin, sadly. If not for that I like I would really love to wear it, it's such a great idea and I love the way it smells in the vial. It actually reminds me somewhat of Suckled Honey except it evolves to the point where you get the full floral bouquet eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying this blind and perceived nothing but dense, rich, lush, thickly barely pourable syrupy honeysuckle. And yet it doesn't smell white or pink to me - it smells intensely, almost otherworldly blue and green, like peacock colors, or the stunningly gorgeous blues and greens Mara put on Princezna for LP Winter 2011:

AD-LPWinterV2011_1.jpg

AHA, hyacinth!! So funny how the brain makes connections beneath the conscious level!

Edited by tyvey

I diagnosed myself as more of a foody-sweet scent chick because many of the florals just light up my sinuses a bit much... I'm now finding that's far from being the rule for me.... Guess I need to study and compare my floral notes otherwise I may miss out on something fab like Kiss of Nectar. I get immediate Honeysuckle with an little tinge of butterscotch. The musk makes the Hydrangea & Hyacinth play nicely, and this one has staying power on me.

Edited by LoveStruck55

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised this one doesn't have more reviews yet. I've just lightly slathered this morning for the first time, and I'm in scent heaven.

The first moment or so the butterscotch dominated, and I thought it might be a bit too sickly foody sweet. Then it softened and merged seamlessly in with the florals, butter and musk, like the scent is a cake batter that has just been perfectly mixed into that state of utter unbaked deliciousness that has you wanting to devour it raw.

It's soft and sweet, and has reached a stage where it is neither foody nor floral, and yet it is both. This scent is like golden buttered sunshine and the humming of bees turned into a soft syrup of fragrance. I want it to ooze from my pores forever. It feels so natural and elegant and feminine, and so me somehow, like it was made to fit me. I'd better stop blathering now, but this fragrance has really made me happy.

I like Kiss of Nectar. I asked for a male opinion and he gave it a grade of 4 stars out of 5 possible stars.

So far, we have members thinking that it would go well with either of these two pheros: Lace or Gotcha. Any other pheros come to anyone's mind for pairing with Kiss of Nectar? Or is the general consensus that it is best to just stick with Lace or Gotcha for this fragrance?

• 2 weeks later...

In the vial i smelled a very musky caramel (which reminded me of my dog after a bath for some reason, a good memory)

surprisingly enough its BAM FLORAL on the skin. Ive never smelled any of the flowers except the honeysuckle until today :o

the musk is really coming out as the second dominant but its so finely enmeshed with the flowers that it has that almost "daydreamy" feel to it. I dont get any nom from this, kinda mixed feelings about that buuuuut theres a definite 'sweet nectar' cloud around the application site which actually rings true to the name.

After some time passes, the musk gets kinda loud :lol:

some of the floral are in hiding, im left with this musk-forward (unsweetened?) creamy-ish honeysuckle.

When i seen "creamy" in the reviews i was expecting of the nommable variety---- but it has this fancy-lotion-and-powder-puff vibe to me. This and lace were definitely made for each other

I'm surprised this one doesn't have more reviews yet. I've just lightly slathered this morning for the first time, and I'm in scent heaven.

The first moment or so the butterscotch dominated, and I thought it might be a bit too sickly foody sweet. Then it softened and merged seamlessly in with the florals, butter and musk, like the scent is a cake batter that has just been perfectly mixed into that state of utter unbaked deliciousness that has you wanting to devour it raw.

It's soft and sweet, and has reached a stage where it is neither foody nor floral, and yet it is both. This scent is like golden buttered sunshine and the humming of bees turned into a soft syrup of fragrance. I want it to ooze from my pores forever. It feels so natural and elegant and feminine, and so me somehow, like it was made to fit me. I'd better stop blathering now, but this fragrance has really made me happy.

I'm in love with this scent already, vlad, because of your fabulous review. My trial vial is on its way here, but I can see this definitely turning into a spray with Gotcha or OW (I'm torn between the two). The notes seem so gorgeous, and I'm anticipating the honeysuckle and hyacinth -- these bring me back to my childhood growing up when I would love to smell them in the backyard. Can't wait for this one to get here!

• 1 month later...

I thought for sure I had reviewed this...at first, it's a bit loud. But after about 15 minutes, it is just a fabulous creamy honeysuckle, with a bit of musk. I get a bit of the butterscotch, just at the beginning. I love this one!

In the vial i smelled a very musky caramel (which reminded me of my dog after a bath for some reason, a good memory)

surprisingly enough its BAM FLORAL on the skin. Ive never smelled any of the flowers except the honeysuckle until today :o

the musk is really coming out as the second dominant but its so finely enmeshed with the flowers that it has that almost "daydreamy" feel to it. I dont get any nom from this, kinda mixed feelings about that buuuuut theres a definite 'sweet nectar' cloud around the application site which actually rings true to the name.

After some time passes, the musk gets kinda loud :lol:

some of the floral are in hiding, im left with this musk-forward (unsweetened?) creamy-ish honeysuckle.

When i seen "creamy" in the reviews i was expecting of the nommable variety---- but it has this fancy-lotion-and-powder-puff vibe to me. This and lace were definitely made for each other

OMG, Anon - love the new avi - is that your puppy?

• 3 months later...

I didn't pick up on the butterscotch until I read the other reviews here, but what I got was an intoxicating, flowery honey. Now I get the butterscotch, but it's not...I don't know how to describe it. I don't really like butterscotch because the smell of it, for some reason, makes my throat hurt. Almost like it gives off fumes. That is not the case with this scent. It's smooth and rich, but not cloying. I wore it yesterday and kept catching a delightful whiff of it, which made me happy every time it happened. :)

After wearing it yesterday, I added it to my "potentially want a full bottle" list.

(ETA: On my label it says "A Kiss of Nectar," hence my trying it as an "a" scent with my alphabetical trials).

Edited by Lainey

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

This has rested for about a week, so hopefully travel shock is no longer a factor.

This is way different than I expected. I was thinking a very sweet butterscotchy floral, but I can barely pick up the butterscotch and vanilla at all at first. Instead, this is very clean in a floral way. It's a soft floral, not sharp at all, and very fresh and clean smelling. It's a "laundry" kind of clean, but not  like Downy or Tide (which make me sneeze). It's kind of like how you wish your laundry would smell when it's drying in the breeze on a beautiful summer day. 

5-6 hours later, the butterscotch and vanilla come out, but the freshness remains. So it's this sweet fresh vanilla. It feels very effortless and natural, like "oh, I just woke up looking like this. And yes, I just naturally smell that good."

I'm not sure about the musk - is musk the "clean" smell? Musks confuse me and I don't actually know what the different musks smell like.