New Member "Silkilocks" saying hello to everyone

Silkilocks

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself here in the forum and greet you all with a big HELLO! I've been reading a lot of your posts this past week, since placing my very first order about a week ago (it hasn't yet arrived). As you can imagine, I am very excited to try lots of things, just like everyone else here seems to be. I must say, your posts seem very helpful, and I'd like to be helpful as well, once I receive my order and start trying things out.

I ordered Cuddle Bunny (unscented) and Perfect Match (unscented), both in 100% alcohol spray 1oz bottle. Can anyone recommend how many spritzes to my body I should use when applying them? I won't be applying both at the same time-- just one or the other on any given day. And should I only spritz these on my torso underneath where clothing will go, and then wait 20 minutes for dry down time before getting dressed?

Thank you and looking forward to sharing thoughts with you all!

-Silkilocks

:perfume:

Welcome Silkilocks!

The sprays don't need to be applied to torso so much as If you had gotten OILS because oils need the body heat to disperse.

Your Perfect Match can be sprayed anywhere...neck, chest even clothese as it has no cops. I don't have this one unscented so I don't know how it smells but generally I am not bothered by any phero unless it possibly has a lot of cops...

The Cuddle Bunny on the other hand is heavy cops! KEEP IT AWAY FEOM YOUR HAIR AND CLOTHESE!! Spray that one on naked and let it die down and then get dressed. (Unless you are not planning on getting dressed at all...tee hee. This is one of my favorites for that sort of thing.) but I wear it out too. I have it scented in oil so I don't have to worry too much about it getting on things.

Did you er some scents to go with the pheros?

Thank you for the advice, missdarlyncherie!

That's good to know that I can spray Perfect Match on hair/clothes/anywhere, since it has no cops.

And I'll be sure NOT to get Cuddle Bunny on my hair/clothes, keeping it just on skin due to its heavy cops. How much dry-down time do you think CB 100% alcohol spray needs on the skin before proceeding to get dressed?

Yes, I also ordered some scents. I got the "Best Selling Women's Fragrances Sampler Set: Ten Large Trial Vials for Newbies", which I believe includes: LP Original, LP Black, LP Red, LP Pink, Betrothal Potion, Scented Cuddle Bunny, Scented Cougar Potion, Scented Phero Girl, Scented Sneaky Clean, and Scented TMI. Can't wait to start sniffing them all!

:UkkiBannana:

Welcome! I leave the phero advise to others...but I hope you'll enjoy your sampler pack (quite a variety of basic scent 'types' in there!) and that you enjoy your time here on the boards..

I'm not really sure about the CB spray. I only have it in scents. I would just try a spray and see how long it seems to take to meld in with your skin. I only wait about ten minutes for my spray BI to settle down. I am not sure which one is stinkier though? I think CB has more cops though...

Welcome!
:smilies-23596:
I have used a trial size vial of LP Pink to lightly scent my whole bottle of unscented PM. I didn't find it terribly smelly even without a fragrance though, I just liked it better with a little something. Cuddle Bunny in 100% alcohol should dry down quickly but will still need a cover scent of some sort (you could always lightly scent your bottle with your vial of scented CB :) )
Those are 2 very versatile mixes you ordered, you should enjoy them quite a bit ^_^

Edited by NuTrix

Thanks everybody for giving me a warm welcome- I am delighted to have arrived!

Thanks missdarlyncherie for letting me know that you wait about 10 minutes for your Blatant Invitation spray to dry down before dressing. So that means I will give Cuddle Bunny at least that same amount of time, since as you said Cuddle Bunny may have even more cops in it than Blatant Invitation.

Thanks NuTrix for the tip on making sure I use a cover scent for my Unscented Cuddle Bunny spray. For covering the Unscented Cuddle Bunny spray, would you recommend spraying a cover scent directly over the exact spot on my body where I had sprayed Unscented Cuddle Bunny, or would it be better to spray right next to it? (I don't think I'm at the point where I'd feel comfortable mixing my own bottles yet.)

For covering the Unscented Cuddle Bunny spray, would you recommend spraying a cover scent directly over the exact spot on my body where I had sprayed Unscented Cuddle Bunny, or would it be better to spray right next to it?

Put the Un CB on first and let it dry, then just go ahead and spray your cover over top :)

I do it the opposite way if it's a spray. The phero needs to go on last or else you are covering it up which hinders diffusion. If both the fragrance and phero are oil then it doesn't really matter.

Welcome! Sounds like you placed a great first order. I have no doubt you will be hooked in no time!

As for how many sprays of your pheros, that sort of varies from person to person. It usually takes a bit of a testing period to find your own personal "sweet spot". Start with one spray, see what reactions you get, then move up to two sprays, and so on until you find what amount works best for you. I tend to get much better reactions with very little pheros, but some people need more. Also know that your sweet spot could be different for each phero blend. Like Ravenwing said above, you can find much more info in the phero forum.

Let us know how everything works out for you when your order comes in!

Thanks Nutrix and Halo for the advice on how to spray cover scents on my pheros!

Amalthea-- thanks for advising to start with just one spray from a phero bottle, since on some people less pheros may ironically work more. I actually tried the "one spray only" method today and I do have something to report to you guys already!

So today I received my very first order from LPMP. It was so exciting! I picked up my package this afternoon on my way to work. Then I arrived really early to work, so I sat down outside first, to just relax a bit on a public bench, and took the little box out of my purse and opened it. There was a nice, normal Asian lady (maybe in her 40s/50s) sitting at the other end of the small public bench, with maybe a distance of a couple of feet between us. When I sat down, she was busy on her iPad, and didn't pay any attention to me at all, which is to be expected as this is NYC and we tend to ignore strangers. I opened the Betrothal Potion (100% alcohol spray bottle) and sprayed just one spray on the front of my left forearm. Then I opened the Unscented Perfect Match (100% alcohol spray bottle) and sprayed just one spray on the front of my right forearm. To be honest, I did not like how either of them smelled at all. I am usually a BIG fan of florals, but I found something yucky about Betrothal Potion. Not sure which ingredient(s) I found offensive in BP, since I'm a total newbie here. (Even several hours later, after it had died down quite a bit, I still didn't like it. As for Unscented Perfect Match-- it smelled like ammonia on my skin. And even several hours later, it still smelled like ammonia.)

But anyway, back to my story about sitting on the public bench with the nice Asian lady. About 10 minutes after I had sprayed the Betrothal Potion on my left forearm and the Unscented Perfect Match on my right forearm-- she suddenly tosses her iPad aside and starts looking at me. I was really shocked, because this is NYC and we all tend to simply ignore each other in public. She says to me: "oh wow, you ordered some perfume? Is that what that is-- little perfumes? That's so nice..." And I say "yes, perfumes!". And when I looked over at her, she was staring at me in a weird way, kind of a DIHL expression. I got a little bit skittish, so I packed up and left. But a little bit afterwards, I thought to myself: oh my god, could one of my new perfumes have caused her to have that non-New Yorker reaction??

So then I went into work. There were two receptionists at the reception desk (both female African-American, in their 20s). Usually they are polite to me, but not overly friendly and not overly interested in me. Pretty much just business like, but in a cordial way. But today as soon as I walked in and said hello to them, they both started beaming these huge smiles at me! And then one of them said to me: "Wow, you always have such a glow about you!" I was like: "huh? really?" And they were being extra chatty with me, which I found odd. Then a few minutes later, after I had passed them, I began wondering if they might have been reacting to one of the perfumes!

Then I met with some clients. First pair of clients (a married couple)-- the guy is maybe in his 30s Asian; the girl is maybe in her 20s Caucasian. He seemed to be acting like he normally does (which is: very amusedly focused in his own little world), so I don't think the perfumes had any effect on him. The girl on the other hand seemed to be acting chattier with me than usual, so it might have had a slight effect on her. The next pair of clients (also a married couple)-- the guy is maybe in his 30s Caucasian; the girl is maybe 30s Asian. It was the first time I had met them, so I didn't have any past meetings to compare today's behavior to. He seemed extremely happy with me (not in a romantic way of course, because he had his wife with him!), whereas she was very happy in general to be there but wasn't paying much attention specifically to me, so I think maybe it didn't really effect her. At the end, he kept chatting and chatting and seemed like he didn't want to go because he was so happy. If I had to guess-- I would guess that it had an effect on him. That's not to say that people aren't normally happy to work with me-- they are! It's just that I think I noticed that they were in a bit more chatty mood with me today than normal! And it wasn't because I was acting any differently myself.

As for self-effects, I didn't notice any on myself. But that may have been because I was totally hating the way that the two perfumes smelled! I think I am going to have to trade Betrothal Potion for something else... and maybe I can trade Unscented Perfect Match for some kind of scented Perfect Match... will have to look on the Trade Forum. Or I guess I could try to cover up that ammonia smell of UnPM by spraying a cover scent on it or under it...

So... based on what I wrote above-- do you guys think that the people I encountered today might have been reacting favorably to BP or UnPM? I am going to guess UnPM since it's a phero?

I would definitely suggest cover scents. Some people are more sensitive to the smell of Pheros. I would also suggest getting samples of scents while you are just starting to learn the line. It will save you a ton of money. Also you will find you like things you never thought you'd like and vice versa.

Nice hits- I'm thinking It was the PM for sure. It usually works great on me as well! Unscented PM is really stinky to me too. I HAVE to wear a scent with it.

Hearts- thanks for letting me know that Unscented PM is really stinky to you too! Now I don't feel so alone. Because everybody else here in the Forums seems to be saying that Unscented Pheros aren't so bad to them (as long as they don't contain cops). But yeah that ammonia scent just kills me! Just in case it was my own skin that was amping the ammonia smell-- I did an experiment by spraying a clean piece of cloth and then letting it sit for a few hours and then smelling it again later. Same exact thing-- reeked of ammonia smell! So I know it's not my own skin that's amping the ammonia smell. It must just be my nose that is very sensitive to it. I will most definitely need a cover scent for Unscented PM! :Emoticons00810:

Edited by Silkilocks

I would definitely suggest cover scents. Some people are more sensitive to the smell of Pheros. I would also suggest getting samples of scents while you are just starting to learn the line. It will save you a ton of money. Also you will find you like things you never thought you'd like and vice versa.

Thanks Halo for the suggestion of getting samples of scents rather than FBs, until I figure out which ones I like. That makes a lot of sense and I will definitely do that from now on! Now how do I get rid of my new FB of Betrothal Potion? Do I go in the Trade Forum and just post a new topic announcing my offer?

Hearts- thanks for letting me know that Unscented PM is really stinky to you too! Now I don't feel so alone. Because everybody else here in the Forums seems to be saying that Unscented Pheros aren't so bad to them (as long as they don't contain cops). But yeah that ammonia scent just kills me! Just in case it was my own skin that was amping the ammonia smell-- I did an experiment by spraying a clean piece of cloth and then letting it sit for a few hours and then smelling it again later. Same exact thing-- reeked of ammonia smell! So I know it's not my own skin that's amping the ammonia smell. It must just be my nose that is very sensitive to it. I will most definitely need a cover scent for Unscented PM! :Emoticons00810:

Yes, I think I have a sensitive nose too ;) PM, B2 and Balm Bomb are UNs that I can really smell and always cover well. Besides the ones with cops, the rest are pretty odorless to me.

Thanks Halo for the suggestion of getting samples of scents rather than FBs, until I figure out which ones I like. That makes a lot of sense and I will definitely do that from now on! Now how do I get rid of my new FB of Betrothal Potion? Do I go in the Trade Forum and just post a new topic announcing my offer?

Go to the Trading Post part of the forum.

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showforum=25.

Read the pinned topics.

The Contacting for Trading thread is where you should start.

Contact me, Heather, at lpfragrancescustomersrvc@ymail.com to register. Mara no longer handles the trades, I do.

After you are approved, you may start your own Trading Post thread.

Email me at above address with any questions.

Yes, I think I have a sensitive nose too ;) PM, B2 and Balm Bomb are UNs that I can really smell and always cover well. Besides the ones with cops, the rest are pretty odorless to me.

Omg-- Thank you, hearts, for sharing that info. And Halo has just helpfully revealed to me (in the Reviews forum) what the common ingredient is in those 3 pheros is-- and that must be what you and I are sensitive to! She said those 3 pheros all have a high amount of "androstadienone"! So now it all makes sense.

It is the androstadienone in it that you are smelling. Any blend with it in it will be stinky to you. B2.2 and Balm Bomb have the highest amounts of it. Also Teddy BB has it.

Go to the Trading Post part of the forum.

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showforum=25.

Read the pinned topics.

The Contacting for Trading thread is where you should start.

Contact me, Heather, at lpfragrancescustomersrvc@ymail.com to register. Mara no longer handles the trades, I do.

After you are approved, you may start your own Trading Post thread.

Email me at above address with any questions.

Thank you Heather, I will definitely be doing that! :)

Hey Silkilocks, if you like florals I think you should get a sample of Vampire Bait from this months collection! Betrothal didn't really work for me either. Vamp Bait is gorgeous though.

Hello missdarlyncherie! Yes vampire bait is on my list! I am just waiting for that famous annual "August Sale" to commence! I plan on getting the July Sampler and the August Sampler (which I think is going to be a Sugared Collection of Fruits & Flowers?).

There will not be a sampler in August as there are no normal new releases.

Oh ok. I was reading a topic called in the "New Releases" category called "The Return of Sugared Layerables". When is that coming out? People were still posting about it this month, so I assumed it must be coming out next month. Is that something different than the monthly sample sets?

Oh ok. I was reading a topic called in the "New Releases" category called "The Return of Sugared Layerables". When is that coming out? People were still posting about it this month, so I assumed it must be coming out next month. Is that something different than the monthly sample sets?

Hey Sililocks!! Welcome to the forum!! It seems you have made some great choices and been given some great advice! Normally Mara releases a set of 10-11 perfumes each month. August is a little different. Firstly, there will be a big sale, so pay close attention to the forum in the coming week(s) to know when it starts and what to do..it will be under SPECIALS for forum members I think. Secondly, there will be sugareds newly released in August. These won't be in sample bottles (and packs) like the Newbie pack you got (great choice) and the regular monthly NRs (New Releases). There will be two different sized bottles and there will be many more than the normal 10-11. September will go back to the NR sample packs.

I would suggest that you give yourself a month or two before you sell what you got. In the beginning, if you are not used to LPMP type perfumes, you may not find them appealing. I don't mean this in a bad way towards LPMP. It's just that so many are used to the commercial generic smelling perfumes. This happened with me. After a month my olfactory senses started adjusting and now I love them! I tried to use a commercial perfume the other day and I ended up washing it off and using an LPMP one. Everyone gave fabulous advice on what to do with phero sprays, etc. Samples are great and you can always find a ton on the trade forum for a little less money..some may not be completely filled, but it helps a lot in determining which notes in perfumes work for you!! The reviews here are very accurate in that they are honest opinions. We are all different and different things work and don't work for us. One thing I can tell you is that I have researched the heck out of all the phero companies and the blends they offer. NO companies pheromone blends compare to Mara's. They market their blends on the phero content, but their blends are lacking in sophistication. More is not necessarily better!! Mara's perfumes and phero blends are in a class all of their own. They are researched and tailored towards a specific sex and towards a specific result..and in most cases you know exactly what is in them (except for a few proprietory blends). I have tried many and hers is definitely THE BEST!

OK..I will shut up now and wish you a fabulous journey...glad to have you!!! :)

Edited by TheBirkeys

Oh, thanks Birkey-- it's very nice to meet you and thank you for clarifying the August Sugarables! That's too bad Mara's not going to be offering the August Sugarables in sample sizes, because I would certainly like to try a lot of them but don't want to keep gambling too much with my money. Sample sizes would be great for me since i'm a newbie here and need to smell a lot of different things until I find ones that I like. I just made the mistake of ordering a FB of BP in my very first order, and I don't like how it smells but now am stuck with the FB unless I can manage to arrange a trade for it later. So now I am kicking myself for not ordering a sample size of BP first. The August Sugarables sounded great, and when I saw the list of them-- there were about a couple dozen of them that I had thought of ordering, but if they don't come in sample sizes, then I may have to pass on them altogether, since I can't afford to keep making the same mistake. From now on I need to stick to ordering only sample sizes until I find something I really like.

Oh, thanks Birkey-- it's very nice to meet you and thank you for clarifying the August Sugarables! That's too bad Mara's not going to be offering the August Sugarables in sample sizes, because I would certainly like to try a lot of them but don't want to keep gambling too much with my money. Sample sizes would be great for me since i'm a newbie here and need to smell a lot of different things until I find ones that I like. I just made the mistake of ordering a FB of BP in my very first order, and I don't like how it smells but now am stuck with the FB unless I can manage to arrange a trade for it later. So now I am kicking myself for not ordering a sample size of BP first. The August Sugarables sounded great, and when I saw the list of them-- there were about a couple dozen of them that I had thought of ordering, but if they don't come in sample sizes, then I may have to pass on them altogether, since I can't afford to keep making the same mistake. From now on I need to stick to ordering only sample sizes until I find something I really like.

hey Silkilocks! Don't worry yourself about your fb of BP. I'm sure you can arrange a sale or trade it for another. It comes in the newbie sample pack you got, so you did order a sample of it..you just got a fb of it also.. ;) There are some samples of sugareds available on the regular LPMP list of available perfumes..I think rose, amber, and some others are on it. The June and July samplers are still available for purchase and there are some fantastic perfumes in both of them! June was all new Love Potions and July has perfumes great for summer. They are a great deal because you get a whole set of 10-11 samples (normally would be 50-55.00) for 30.00!! You can order them by clicking the same links you did for the newbie sampler. Have a great Tuesday!! :)

Hi Silkilocks - I'm a newbie here too! But I've found samples have been such a blessing. I heard (after my 1st order) there's also a woman's sampler. I have had 2 orders all samples, only FB was via a sale page and it's my all time fav go to.

All of that said, try out the sniffies you get too. I found I like to try samples in things I think and 'feel' that I'll like - and for me I'm also trying to get all pheros in test bc I really am looking forward to upcoming sale. Anyhooo... I'm sure you can put your FB up for trade until then.

I didn't go for the June sampler just bc I wanted to try sooo much, but want to try June or July sampler just to keep finding out what I like - oh and get more of a feel for how I feel @ certain pheros. May have to be after sale though bc I've found a few FB I must have - esp. some phero blends.

I found the reviews VERY helpful - I stayed away from certain scents bc of reviews and went for multiple samples of others for that same reason. Not bc someone recommended or didn't, but bc of how they described the scent and also in reading the notes of the scent. It can take time - but it's also fun to read the reviews. Once you know the 'family' of scents you like you can also explore out from there. I'm not there yet. Staying in comfort zone but also still relying on the reviews -everyone is honest - bc what really works with one's skin chemisty may not with another's. That's what makes each scent so personal, even if we're all wearing the same thing. Of course my eyes are all red since joining (eyestrain)... haha but it's temporary.