New Member "Silkilocks" saying hello to everyone

Silkilocks

Hey Silkilocks, if you like florals I think you should get a sample of Vampire Bait from this months collection! Betrothal didn't really work for me either. Vamp Bait is gorgeous though.

Hey missdarlyncherie! Thanks for the tip about Vampire Bait. I just ordered the July Sample Set, so I am looking forward to getting the sample of Vampire Bait in the mail soon! Summer Belle also seems to get a lot of nice reviews about its floral smell, but seems like it's sold out already... that's unfortunate :(

Hi Silkilocks - I'm a newbie here too! But I've found samples have been such a blessing. I heard (after my 1st order) there's also a woman's sampler. I have had 2 orders all samples, only FB was via a sale page and it's my all time fav go to.

All of that said, try out the sniffies you get too. I found I like to try samples in things I think and 'feel' that I'll like - and for me I'm also trying to get all pheros in test bc I really am looking forward to upcoming sale. Anyhooo... I'm sure you can put your FB up for trade until then.

I didn't go for the June sampler just bc I wanted to try sooo much, but want to try June or July sampler just to keep finding out what I like - oh and get more of a feel for how I feel @ certain pheros. May have to be after sale though bc I've found a few FB I must have - esp. some phero blends.

I found the reviews VERY helpful - I stayed away from certain scents bc of reviews and went for multiple samples of others for that same reason. Not bc someone recommended or didn't, but bc of how they described the scent and also in reading the notes of the scent. It can take time - but it's also fun to read the reviews. Once you know the 'family' of scents you like you can also explore out from there. I'm not there yet. Staying in comfort zone but also still relying on the reviews -everyone is honest - bc what really works with one's skin chemisty may not with another's. That's what makes each scent so personal, even if we're all wearing the same thing. Of course my eyes are all red since joining (eyestrain)... haha but it's temporary.

Hello Beach Goddess-- nice to meet you! It's great to have some company as a newbie :)

Are the "sniffies" those really tiny (i.e. smaller than sample sizes) random surprise bonus fragrance vials that Mara throws in for free with your order?

:nice04271:Welcome ! I'm a newbie as well. I like the idea that was suggested above of using a sampler bottle to scent Unscented pheros with. Will have to keep that in mind.

Hi Silkilocks - yes, that's what I gathered from board and when I rec'd my order - makes total sense bc they aren't trials, but nice generous extras to try out different 'flavors'. I've been as conservative as I *can* be that I'm head over heels for LP - love at first swipe. :) I haven't tried too much more yet bc I'm soo in love with what I've tried so far. Went way over myself for sale - but excited bc getting some 'staple' unpheros - can't wait to test on myself and others. :D

Welcome to you as well androstenol!! I'm super new but all have been so friendly and wonderful - truly a great community! And I love how strong and wonderful all are.

For both - please post your reviews and experiences - it's so helpful and so fun to read everyone's feedback on different fragrances and pheros. I lightly layer a couple of mine but have been conservative based on the 'less can be more' advice found in many phero threads. When I get my new order, I'll definitely post @ the new unpheros... so excited - wish it was here now, only I'd probably OD myself by swiping myself with all pheros at the same time... haha. :say09752: It's funny because it's true. :w00t:

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to put in a word about the fabled "travel shock". When I got my first order I was quite disappointed by some things that I had thought (from the descriptions) I would like. Well, a week or 2 later, they smelled just fine. And shake everything well. With the little trial vials, rolling them between your palms works well.

So don't give up on anything yet.

Having said that, Betrothal Potion is not my favorite...but I've gotten compliments on it from others.

OH, and the pheromones are so interesting!! Adds a whole new layer to daily life!!

Hiya! I just wanted to say welcome to the forum!

I was offline for a while, able to read posts, but not able to post my own. Lots of new faces popped up in my time away! I hope you're enjoying all of your new LP stuff! :)

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to put in a word about the fabled "travel shock". When I got my first order I was quite disappointed by some things that I had thought (from the descriptions) I would like. Well, a week or 2 later, they smelled just fine. And shake everything well. With the little trial vials, rolling them between your palms works well.

So don't give up on anything yet.

Having said that, Betrothal Potion is not my favorite...but I've gotten compliments on it from others.

OH, and the pheromones are so interesting!! Adds a whole new layer to daily life!!

Hi goddessinjapan! Thanks for the advice about travel shock. Yes-- actually that phenomenon did happen to me when I ordered my very first scent from LPMP, which was Betrothal Potion. I ordered it as a FB, just based on the description alone, without having tried a sample of it first. When it came, I thought it smelled absolutely horrid. I was so dismayed and I was sure I would put it up for trading. But then I decided to take everyone's advice about letting it just sit there for a month and then try opening it again later, just in case it had temporary travel shock. And lo and behold-- it smelled great! Now I actually like it and have ordered another FB of it! Go figure...

Welcome!!!

Thank you for welcoming me, bluebear! It's nice to meet you :)

Welcome! I leave the phero advise to others...but I hope you'll enjoy your sampler pack (quite a variety of basic scent 'types' in there!) and that you enjoy your time here on the boards..

Thank you for welcoming me, katz! It's nice to meet you :)

Yes-- I sure have been enjoying the sampler pack and reading the boards!

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for welcoming me, halo! It's nice to meet you :)

Welcome!!

Thank you for welcoming me, hearts! It's nice to meet you :)

Welcome!!

Thank you for welcoming me, amyrose! It's nice to meet you :)

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for welcoming me, beccah! It's nice to meet you :)

Welcome Silkilocks! :)

Thank you for welcoming me, rose! It's nice to meet you :)

Welcome Silkilocks!! :hearts18:

Thank you for welcoming me, beach goddess! It's nice to meet you :)

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Thank you for welcoming me, quietguy! It's nice to meet you :)

:smilies-23596:

Thank you for welcoming me, saffron! It's nice to meet you :)

Welcome!

Thank you for welcoming me, LadyVictoria! It's nice to meet you :)

Welcome here!!

Thank you for welcoming me, ravenwing! It's nice to meet you :)

Welcome!

Thank you for welcoming me, Amalthea! It's nice to meet you :)

Welcome to the Adventure! ... :)

Thank you for welcoming me, Calii! It's nice to meet you :)

Welcome ! I'm a newbie as well.

Thank you for welcoming me, androstenol! It's nice to meet you :)

Hiya! I just wanted to say welcome to the forum!

I was offline for a while, able to read posts, but not able to post my own. Lots of new faces popped up in my time away! I hope you're enjoying all of your new LP stuff! :)

Thank you for welcoming me, Eggers! It's nice to meet you :)

Yes, I am definitely enjoying all my new LP stuff!

Edited by Silkilocks