Potion Master

SALE - RULES ONLY!

THE REAL SALE WILL BE POSTED JULY 10TH, 2018 - THIS IS JUST A PREVIEW!!

HEY EVERYONE! -  I AM JUST PUTTING THIS UP AS A PREVIEW SO YOU CAN READ AND STUDY THE RULES WITHOUT STRESS. UPDATED DATES AND LINKS WILL APPEAR JULY 10TH, 2018 WHEN THE SALE OFFICIALLY STARTS.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ANYTHING WE HAVE BEEN HOLDING FOR YOU AS RESERVED BEFORE THE SALE STARTED WILL NOT COUNT TOWARDS FREEBIES IN THE SALE.

ALL SALE ORDERS THIS YEAR WILL REQUIRE THAT YOU ASK FOR AN INVOICE VIA EMAIL. MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR FORUM NAME IN ALL CORRESPONDENCE AND LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE THE USA FOR SHIPPING PURPOSES.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:hearts18: Welcome to Our Yearly BUY SOME, GET SOME FREE SALE! :hearts18:

You can buy anything we offer, including Etsy, including the physical store, and when you reach each level of dollars spent, you get to choose free items from the list below. (Yes, you can purchase the items on this list or ask for them as freebies. but if they are on this list, please post here to reserve them!)

The awards are at $50 increments.
FOR EACH $50 SPENT, choose ONE Free Bottle OR FIVE Free Trial Vials from the list below, which contains hundreds of scents to choose from! There are also bonuses of additional free merchandise at certain levels.... See formula section in BLUE below.

***The sale will start on Tuesday, July 10th and end on Sunday, August 12th, 2018.***

As the items listed here are limited in number, you MUST reserve your bottle in this thread first before checking out. Make sure there is a bottle here for you before you buy. AGAIN - RESERVE YOUR BOTTLE HERE FIRST, THEN BUY.

You have 7 days to complete your sale after you have reserved your bottles. After that, your bottles will be released.

Due to the state of our website this year ALL orders need to be invoiced via Email. PLEASE, do not check out yourself because it makes way more work for John and myself. Thanks!

(You will be able to pay the invoice via PayPal or by phone with your credit card.)

Make your reservations carefully, and when you are ready to check out, send us an email with your total list of everything you want. MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR FORUM NAME AND LOCATION IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE THE USA.

***WHEN YOU SEND YOUR EMAIL - please list everything you want. You cannot say, "Just send me an invoice for the stuff I reserved", because the sale thread might be 20 pages long so you have to help me!

***WHEN YOU GET YOUR INVOICE - please make sure it is correct BEFORE you pay it. It can be altered up until the time you pay, so please alert me if I have made any errors, thanks.

*** MAKE SURE TO CANCEL ANYTHING YOU DECIDE YOU DO NOT WANT, ON THIS THREAD. If you ask for an invoice but still have items reserved that you didn't mention in your email to me, I will cancel those outstanding reservations unless you tell me otherwise.

I need to make very clear that

POSTS ARE NOT TO BE EDITED OR DELETED

which would screw up the entire process.

If you edit your post, it will be disregarded because the time stamp matters when lots of people are posting at once! If you delete your post, you could ruin the bottle count for the duration of the sale. So PLEASE DO NOT EDIT OR DELETE YOUR POSTS! (This year, I may just turn off all ability to edit posts on the forum during the sale.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RULES OF SALE - REQUIRED READING

*Please take the time to carefully read these notes and follow the rules of the sale.

*We're rounding to the nearest dollar on totals...with a leeway of ONE dollar only. (You can call $49.90 a $50 order, but not $44.95, for example.)

*You may NOT add together separate (already shipped) orders to calculate your total, but you CAN add together items from Etsy, the LP Store and the LP Website as long as they are billed and shipped all at once. We are charged separate processing fees by PayPal for every order made, so please try to keep the multiple orders to a minimum and plan your orders carefully, thanks.

*ONCE AN ORDER IS SHIPPED it is COMPLETE, if you would like to make another order during the month, that's fine, but you start your count over from ZERO. We do not combine the totals on multiple shipped or billed orders, as shipping and processing fees apply to each individual order and it adds up quickly.

* INT'L POSTAGE COSTS DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS FREE MERCHANDISE - we are offering free shipping in the USA, and actual cost internationally. We do not make any profit on postage.

***Orders made before the sale started will NOT be counted, and after the sale is over all items will return to regular price.***

* Please cancel reservations in a timely manner if you decide you do not want something so others may have a chance at it.

* You have 7 days to complete your sale after you have reserved your bottles. After that, your bottles will be released. No exceptions.

*YES! You can have your freebies turned into sprays for an additional $15.00.

* YES! You can have your freebies Phero'd for an additional $35.00.

* Keep in mind that when you add those options, it also ups the amount of dollars spent that count towards freebies too.

* Please understand that things get mega crazed during the sales. We do our best to keep accurate numbers but there's always the possibility that something you reserved may get oversold. It's a good idea to have a backup choice in mind just in case.

* Due to the amount of labor involved in the sales, Private Editions are turned OFF and orders for them will NOT be accepted towards sale freebies.

* YES - YOU CAN CASH IN YOUR FORUM CREDITS

* YES - YOU CAN USE YOUR GIFT CERTIFICATES

* NO - YOU CANNOT ALSO CLAIM FORUM FREEBIES DURING THE SALE

* NO - YOU CANNOT COMBINE WITH ANY OTHER DISCOUNT OFFER

Here's the formula for calculating your freebies:

1 free bottle (or 5 free samples) for each $50 spent + bonuses at certain levels...

I have spent $50, so I get to choose ONE Free Bottle or FIVE Free Samples. ($25 gift)
I have spent $100, so I get to choose TWO Free Bottles or TEN Free Samples. ($50 gift)
I have spent $150, so I get to choose THREE Free Bottles, etc. ($75 gift)
I have spent $200, so I get to choose FOUR Free Bottles, etc. ($100 gift)
*I have spent $250, so I get to choose SIX Free Bottles, etc. ($150 gift)
I have spent $300, so I get to choose SEVEN Free Bottles, etc. ($175 gift)
I have spent $350, so I get to choose EIGHT Free Bottles, etc. ($200 gift)
*I have spent $400, so I get to choose TEN Free Bottles, etc. ($250 gift)
I have spent $450, so I get to choose ELEVEN Free Bottles, etc. ($275 gift)
I have spent $500, so I get to choose TWELVE Free Bottles, etc. ($300 gift)
*I have spent $550, so I get to choose FOURTEEN Free Bottles, etc. ($350 gift)
I have spent $600, so I get to choose FIFTEEN Free Bottles, etc. ($375 gift)
I have spent $650, so I get to choose SIXTEEN Free Bottles, etc. ($400 gift)
*I have spent $700, so I get to choose EIGHTEEN Free Bottles, etc. ($450 gift)
I have spent $750, so I get to choose NINETEEN Free Bottles, etc. ($475 gift)
I have spent $800, so I get to choose TWENTY Free Bottles, etc. ($500 gift)
*I have spent $850, so I get to choose TWENTY-TWO Free Bottles, etc. ($550 gift)
I have spent $900, so I get to choose TWENTY-THREE Free Bottles, etc. ($575 gift)
I have spent $950, so I get to choose TWENTY-FOUR Free Bottles, etc. ($600 gift)
*I have spent $1,000, so I get to choose TWENTY-SIX Free Bottles, etc. ($650 gift)

Each box shipped MUST include a minimum $25 cash payment to take advantage of the sale.

email: LovePotionPerfume-Store@yahoo.com
phone: 360-695-3965

Please post any questions you may have about this sale in this thread. Thank you!

P.S. This is how to read the numbers of available bottles: 1/2 means there's one left out of a total of two bottles. 3/12 means there are three left and the original number was 12. It's a countdown. Older members will recognize this from previous sales. A strikethrough means the item is sold out.

P.P.S. Anyone who doesn't read the instructions and asks a question that has been addressed in the instructions is going to get this as a reply....

Elfcat.jpg

The following post will include the list of items....stay tuned....

***IF YOU NEED PRODUCT INFO ADVICE - POST ON THE FORUM OR EMAIL HEATHER

LPMPCS-Heather@yahoo.com

***ALL INVOICE REQUESTS SHOULD BE EMAILED TO MARA

LovePotionPerfume-Store@yahoo.com

Thank You and Happy Shopping!!!!

The following post will include the list of items....stay tuned....

THE REAL SALE WILL BE POSTED JULY 10th - THIS IS JUST A PREVIEW!! THANKS! :)

One thing I should mention about last year...I do not mean to confuse, but this happened often.

Say you buy a $100 worth of bottles, you pick a couple of free bottles, and then decide to pay to have those 2 free bottles phero'd. That just brought your paid order from $100 to $160. So now you are at a higher level...you've spent over $150, so you get another free bottle.

One of our biggest things that took extra time with orders last year was chasing people down who were being nice and not thinking the add-ons to free bottles counted. THEY DO! We spent hours a day contacting people asking them what other free bottles they wanted. LOL. Every spent dollar counts towards freebies.

Yes, every spent dollar counts towards freebies, even if you choose to buy already discounted items from Etsy. It all counts. :)

And you can alter your reservation on the sale thread if you need to - adding or subtracting items as you go along

Via additional posts. NOT BY EDITING PAST POSTS ... (Just afearing it might be read that way, even though I know you said not to @ first post)

Edited by tyvey

I know all the rules are very clear right now, but I'll be honest my head is spinning. Thank you Mara for posting this early so I can 'process' this prior to sale. I'm afraid I'll need some sort of idiot's guide bc I keep getting tripped up on 'reserve first' thing.

Do we post in forum first to reserve both purchases and free gifts - noting which is which? Or do we buy first and then post what we bought and then reserve free gift?

I'm probably making this more complicated than it is, I'm sorry - I just don't want to be one that 'goofs' this up somehow. Feel free to show me an elf. :Emoticons04280:

No elf, :lol: that's a fair question.

Generally, we put into the sale almost all limited editions that are over 6 months old, with the exception of special collections like Bohemian Cats or the LP Variants, etc.

Many people choose to spend their money on things that are NOT on the freebies list, and collect freebies from the list. But yes, some people's wish lists contain items on the free list that they both wish to buy and earn as freebies. So in that case, just reserve anything/everything you want to either buy or redeem to make sure it is saved for you.

You do not need to specify which you intend to pay for or redeem, just make sure they are there for you by reserving. Sort out the logistics later, when you are ready to buy.

Ok, I'm afraid to ask and get the creepy baby but not as afraid as if the Sphynx were still the elf :P If I were to get to the $100 "reward level," for example, would it be ok to do 1 bottle + 5 samples as the freebies rather than choosing all bottles or all samples? Or is it "pick one or the other?" I felt like the wording left that one open and when the sale starts I don't want to slow y'all down with a stupid mistake. Thanks (backing away slooowly...) :)

That would be fine. You can spend it any way you like.

Please post all sales questions here. Thanks. That's what this thread is for! :D

On 8/3/2014 at 3:15 PM, seajammarket said:

Do Amazon orders during sale time count toward freebie bottles?

No, Amazon orders do NOT count, because Amazon takes such a huge chunk from us that it's already the equivalent of what we are giving away. Thank you for asking.

On 8/4/2014 at 5:48 PM, Blackcat said:

Mara, a quick question -- should requests for invoices be sent to the Customer Service email, or directly to you?

Directly to me, ONLY!

email: CataLunaLPMP@yahoo.com or LovePotionPerfume-Store@yahoo.com

Thanks! :)

On 8/4/2014 at 6:19 PM, tyvey said:

Hypothetically... Could one pay for a PE now (toward freebies, and to meet the "pay within a week" requirement), and leave that PE payment in escrow til sept 1 when PEs are orderable again? *prepares to be elved*

The answer is sorry, but no. I just can't handle the extra workload at the moment.

I knew SOMEONE was going to ask this!! :lol:

I'm probably forgetting this but I skimmed up thread and didn't see anything so here goes a question. If I redeem my posting credits, does that subtract from my order total as in the total amount that counts to getting my reserved bottles?

It counts as real money. (It's discussed in the sale thread)

As long as you spend $25 in actual cash so we can pay for postage, you can redeem your GCs and forum credits for the rest of your order, no matter how large.

This might be a bit of a cheapskate question but I'm gonna ask anyway, does shipping fees add to the order total?

Was planning to stick to a budget with my first order and was hoping my goodies reach me before the sale ends so I can make another order but since I'm international, looks like it's not gonna make it here in time. I'm already getting excited just reading about the other stuff that I didn't get so I'll just go ahead and make a second order but the shipping fees are really starting to add up :/

Shipping fees do not count, because it's all cost. Customers are refunded for any extra shipping fees that the cart charges when the box is shipped, but we never charge more if it ends up costing us more. If your shipping looks high you will likely be getting money back.

Hi Mara,

Not sure where to ask about this, but one of the freebie bottles I chose for an order I just received was missing- I'd chosen 2 Cauldron Cakes but only found one in the package. Should I email someone about it?

YES, PLEASE! And HUGE apologies for the error!

Please send an email to us at CataLunaLPMP@yahoo.com

Header should read: ATT: John - item missing from order

He will answer you and send the missing bottle right away.

So sorry for the error, thanks for letting us know!

And here comes the first person with a question :D

When I ordered PE I emailed you saying I'll want extra bottles once PEs are up (and I get paid), so I'm wondering will those extra bottles I want count for the sale?

We do not accept any reservations in advance of the sale, with the intent that they would be purchased during the sale.

Anything that people currently have put aside for them, they are expected to complete before the sale starts, or independent of it.

The playing field is meant to be level for all. :)

Here's a new question for this year! Would in store purchases count as well? For example, say I reserved sale items and then stopped by the store during the sale, and within the week, to make purchases of FBs and also some other goodies (hanging crystals, jewelry etc). Would the in-store FBs and/or the other store items purchased count towards the freebies?

Wendy - YES!

CutiePie - I know that wasn't your intention, I was answering in a general way for the benefit of everyone.

Greenergal - ABSOLUTELY! I am working on info and ordering pages for the store so that people can order from the LP site, Etsy and the Store and have it all count towards the sale. (The fewest transactions as possible tho, as usual) If you come in, you can pick up your order if you wish.

and BTW - NR PARTY at the shop on Friday Aug 7th - 5-9 pm. Please join us!

Store items too?!? Oh, sweet baby Jesus on a pogo stick, please help me!

Will the August NR count?

I have a plan. I'm going to sit on the side of the freeway with a sign "Spare a buck for LPs?". Kind of like the guy I saw that had a sign that said, "Need $1 to buy a diamond for my lady." I'll be like the upscale pandhandler type.

:lol: Yes, the August NRs count. Pretty much everything counts, except previously reserved things.

ETA: Oh, and Amazon sales. They take such a huge percentage that we can't combine with them.

Who's actually written down some sort of list or strategy for the sale? Is it a simple wish list? Or something more elaborate (e.g. strategies depending on what is on the freebie list)?

Who's actually written down some sort of list or strategy for the sale? Is it a simple wish list? Or something more elaborate (e.g. strategies depending on what is on the freebie list)?

I've got my spreadsheet and I'm ready to rock n roll

You can buy anything to earn the free bottles, so my hope is that some of my "wants" will end up on the freebie list, and I use the others as the purchases to earn those.

I see where everyone is coming from about limits but really this is only for Mara to decide. The Sale has always always been the Perfume Hunger Games. I have missed out on bottles myself many times and I work here. Everyone had ample notice as to when the sale would be going live. You have to be really committed to get everything you want. And as you can see, things get released all the time.

Here is a weird question...if people don't pay in the 7 days, are those holds releases (if no arrangements have been made)? Wondering if holds are being released? Because I am STILL STALKING. Thanks

I am not letting them go without fair warning. Some people already made arrangements and some are getting courtesy emails. If the emails go unanswered for 2 days, I will release them.

NOTE: Who's doing what during the sale?

Mara: I am the one sending invoices and answering emails about sale orders. There's a mountain of emails per hour, please be patient, I promise I will get to you!

John: Responsible for the team packing and shipping your orders. Shipping inquiries go to him.

Heather: Product questions only. Please do not direct shipping inquiries or invoice requests to her.

Thank you!

*We're rounding to the nearest dollar on totals...with a leeway of ONE dollar only. (You can call $49.90 a $50 order, but not $44.95, for example.)

As long as shipping is not part of the total, $149.80 counts as 3 bottles.

:)

The RULES have been posted for your perusing pleasure!

I deleted most of the comments from previous years but kept a few pertinent ones.

SALE 2018 will go live on Tuesday July 10th. Please familiarize yourself with the rules before it starts so you can have a happy experience!

:)

7 minutes ago, Salem Witch House said:

Do we have to list all the bottles we want to buy in a singular post? Or can we reserve bottles one at a time?
Thanks bunches!

You can make as many posts as you need. Most people post at least a dozen times while deciding what they want! :)

19 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

You can make as many posts as you need. Most people post at least a dozen times while deciding what they want! :)

Okay, great! Thank you so much.

Mara will post the thread when ready...look under SALE...I just keep refreshing every bit..