Potion Master

SALE - RULES ONLY!

No worries...just remember to specify full bottle or sample of what you want and don't correct a post...just make another post to correct...you can make as many posts as you need...if you see something you want...make a post for it...when you see another item or items you can make another post...don't wait and make a post for everything at once..do it little by little....for example:  fb (full bottle) name or sample name, etc.

ME TOO!!!!

1 minute ago, TheBirkeys said:

ME TOO!!!!

It's like a big party waiting for the main attraction 

yes..Mara has to load everything...not sure how long this takes...

I'm trying to keep my eyes open. It's way past my bedtime. 

Just now, TheBirkeys said:

yes..Mara has to load everything...not sure how long this takes...

I thought we were meant to pick items she has listed already on etsy and her website. Now I have to scratch all that and rethink everything once the sale items are listed. Somehow I missed that when I read the rules! :(

7 minutes ago, Salem Witch House said:

I thought we were meant to pick items she has listed already on etsy and her website. Now I have to scratch all that and rethink everything once the sale items are listed. Somehow I missed that when I read the rules! :(

Don't do that yet!  The items Mara will list may coincide with what's on your list. Just go through and check once the lists are up. :)

15 minutes ago, Salem Witch House said:

In addition to what Kayla said, things that aren't on the sale list will still count towards your price total that earns you sale items. Honestly, the hard part is narrowing things down.

5 minutes ago, Kayla said:

Don't do that yet!  The items Mara will list may coincide with what's on your list. Just go through and check once the lists are up. :)

Okay! :) 

Just now, greenappletart said:

In addition to what Kayla said, things that aren't on the sale list will still count towards your price total that earns you sale items. Honestly, the hard part is narrowing things down.

You're right about that! I always overspend.

Tonight you just have to choose from the sale list that Mara posts....your freebies..or if there are any on this list that you want to purchase....some of the items may only be on the list and some may still be for sale on the sights...I think Mara said before that newer releases will not be available as a freebies....anyway, tonight you need only to secure those on the list that you want...then you have a week to figure and pay for your order....any item on the list that you want as a freebie or as a purchase you need to make posts for (correct me if I am wrong)...

2 minutes ago, TheBirkeys said:

Tonight you just have to choose from the sale list that Mara posts....your freebies..or if there are any on this list that you want to purchase....some of the items may only be on the list and some may still be for sale on the sights...I think Mara said before that newer releases will not be available as a freebies....anyway, tonight you need only to secure those on the list that you want...then you have a week to figure and pay for your order....any item on the list that you want as a freebie or as a purchase you need to make posts for (correct me if I am wrong)...

Thank you, got it! I forgot the procedure. I'm remembering now that Mara lists what's available and how many bottles there are.

4 minutes ago, Salem Witch House said:

You're right about that! I always overspend.

Lol, I have to set a target amount for what I'd like to spend, and then a hard limit for the actual amount since I always end up spending more than I originally intend to. I know myself too well.

It was very confusing for me my first year...VERY! lol   Exactly...make quick posts-no need to write a lot..just quantity. name and whether full bottle or sample, etc....when I see something I want and there are only a few I go ahead and make a post for it..if there are many then you can wait and do numerous at once...wait for Mara to OK your requests before sending an email for your order...don't worry-next year you will be a pro!!! ;)

3 minutes ago, TheBirkeys said:

It was very confusing for me my first year...VERY! lol   Exactly...make quick posts-no need to write a lot..just quantity. name and whether full bottle or sample, etc....when I see something I want and there are only a few I go ahead and make a post for it..if there are many then you can wait and do numerous at once...wait for Mara to OK your requests before sending an email for your order...don't worry-next year you will be a pro!!! ;)

Woohoo!

Not to state the obvious, but please don't text and drive, and please don't  shop and drive.

3 minutes ago, TheBirkeys said:

Not like I need any more Love Potion perfume, lol. Was just counting the 1/3 oz. bottles that aren't hidden in my various handbags, there are over 100 in my cabinet in the bathroom. I have several hundred sample bottles as well. I think I might need an intervention!

You already have over a hundred LPs and yet you've never participated in the annual sale?  Wow, now that's true love!

48 minutes ago, Kayla said:

I'm trying to keep my eyes open. It's way past my bedtime. 

Mine, too!  Feeling old tonight...lol

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, luna65 said:

You already have over a hundred LPs and yet you've never participated in the annual sale?  Wow, now that's true love!

Actually, I did a sale not last summer but the summer before. Been buying perfume from Love Potion since 2004. All my friends have gotten bottles as gifts.
And yes, I'm in love with Love Potion, their perfumes are my absolute favorite. 

Edited by Salem Witch House
*wrote friend instead of friends

11 minutes ago, Salem Witch House said:

Not like I need any more Love Potion perfume, lol. Was just counting the 1/3 oz. bottles that aren't hidden in my various handbags, there are over 100 in my cabinet in the bathroom. I have several hundred sample bottles as well. I think I might need an intervention!

6 minutes ago, luna65 said:

Wow!!! I thought I had it bad! I think you have me beat! I am truly an LPMP addict...and I need to part with a few of mine because I will never be able to use everything I have...problem is that I'm a hoarder...I have been using LPMP since 2014 and probably have around 500 bottles and at least 500 samples...once I discovered the forum trade there was no stopping me...LPMP is the best..I have tried other companies' perfumes and they don't compare...no business owner compares to Mara either as far as how she treats her customers...because of her and her product I am loyal!

9 minutes ago, Salem Witch House said:

Actually, I did a sale not last summer but the summer before. Been buying perfume from Love Potion since 2004. All my friends have gotten bottles as gifts.
And yes, I'm in love with Love Potion, their perfumes are my absolute favorite. 

Ah okay, so you have done the sale before - because I was, like, DAMN!  The annual sale is the major reason why my collection of LPs is totally out of control now, lol.  But I always love seeing the really long-time customers come back around.

4 minutes ago, luna65 said:

Ah okay, so you have done the sale before - because I was, like, DAMN!  The annual sale is the major reason why my collection of LPs is totally out of control now, lol.  But I always love seeing the really long-time customers come back around.

Actually, I didn't buy but a handful from that sale. Didn't get in till it was almost over. 

Well you can make up for that now, right?! :thumb_up11:

24 minutes ago, Tinkerbelle said:

Mine, too!  Feeling old tonight...lol

Me too, but in my case, I am getting older. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, TheBirkeys said:

Wow!!! I thought I had it bad! I think you have me beat! I am truly an LPMP addict...and I need to part with a few of mine because I will never be able to use everything I have...problem is that I'm a hoarder...I have been using LPMP since 2014 and probably have around 500 bottles and at least 500 samples...once I discovered the forum trade there was no stopping me...LPMP is the best..I have tried other companies' perfumes and they don't compare...no business owner compares to Mara either as far as how she treats her customers...because of her and her product I am loyal!

Have you noticed how well LPMP perfumes age? I actually like them better aged. I'm still using ones I bought in 2004. The very 1st bottle I ever bought was All Hallows Eve. Bought several of them. I wear it every Halloween season. When I get homesick for Halloween I just take one whiff of it, close my eyes and I'm in Salem, Ma. walking down a cobbled sidewalk, colorful leaves swirling about in the crisp air sweetly scented with fresh caramel corn and spiced candied apples. OMG, I love it so much!

Edited by Salem Witch House
*misspelled bought

10 minutes ago, Kayla said:

Me too, but in my case, I am getting older. 

I may not make it.  lol.  I have a loooooong day tomorrow and I am usually at least 2 hours into sleep by now.  My head is getting heavy...not my eyes, but my entire head.  I am trying to make it till at least 1 am, but at that point, I'm probably going to have to pass out.  And I am no spring chicken, myself.  

I can’t wait any longer.  On east coast time this week.  Sad.  I’ll try again in am.

I saw the sale post(lock down) so there are different categories such as sugars and fairy cakes but no bottles listed. Is that mean bottles just aren’t being listed yet? Or there’s no bottles to be listed? I’m gonna need to go to bed can’t stay awake anymore. 

Posted (edited)

Yes, I have...I always go back to oldie samples and retry them because many change with age...just get better! That is so funny that your first bottle was All Hallows Eve because it was my first bottle too!!! I got it from the sale site Mara had for retired potions. No joke!! I managed to snag one more off the trades but it is still one of my fav fall scents...I use it sparingly because it holds sentimental value being my first bottle...:)

Edited by TheBirkeys

4 minutes ago, WitchyMeadow said:

I saw the sale post(lock down) so there are different categories such as sugars and fairy cakes but no bottles listed. Is that mean bottles just aren’t being listed yet? Or there’s no bottles to be listed? I’m gonna need to go to bed can’t stay awake anymore. 

The full list just hasn't gone up yet. The categories are getting filled in slowly but surely. 

12 minutes ago, TheBirkeys said:

Yes, I have...I always go back to oldie samples and retry them because many change with age...just get better! That is so funny that your first bottle was All Hallows Eve because it was my first bottle too!!! I got it from the sale site Mara had for retired potions. No joke!! I managed to snag one more off the trades but it is still one of my fav fall scents...I use it sparingly because it holds sentimental value being my first bottle...:)

OMG! I love you so much right now! <3

1 hour ago, melisse said:

I gotta go to work...

Wait, go to work? It's kinda late!

1 minute ago, Eastwood22 said:

Wait, go to work? It's kinda late!

Yeah.