Potion Master

SALE - RULES ONLY!

14 minutes ago, melisse said:

Yeah. 

I'm sorry. Are you around this coming Saturday? That's one of your free days, right? We can have a sniff-in.

I work for a home care service during the day, and take care of a private client 2-3 hours at night. I kept my phone in my pocket tonight while I periodically refreshed the page, all my favorites were pre-copied waiting to insta-paste as soon as the thread opened.

Yeah, let’s see about a sniff-in on Saturday😊

Okay. Picked out all the free stuff I want. Some of those free items are going to have to be part of my paid portion though.

So I’m wondering - if you pay for an FB from the free list, is it $25 or is it full price?

49 minutes ago, melisse said:

Okay. Picked out all the free stuff I want. Some of those free items are going to have to be part of my paid portion though.

So I’m wondering - if you pay for an FB from the free list, is it $25 or is it full price?

I always arrange the invoice so you get the best price possible. Meaning, pay for cheaper ones, get more expensive ones for free, where applicable.

Ok, great, Mara!

I recently received a whiffie of Spells: Star Power w/ Popularity Potion” and I love it. I don’t recall ever seeing this one on the website. Is it available?

1 hour ago, melisse said:

Ok, great, Mara!

I recently received a whiffie of Spells: Star Power w/ Popularity Potion” and I love it. I don’t recall ever seeing this one on the website. Is it available?

It's under the Sets & Special Collections, I think. 

ELF/goose question of the day, are all FB's in the sale starting at their regular prices, $32.95 w/ phero and $24.95 without? I know I should never speak before the coffee kicks in, but I have searched the threads and my brain and I get nothing.

3 hours ago, Potion Master said:

I always arrange the invoice so you get the best price possible. Meaning, pay for cheaper ones, get more expensive ones for free, where applicable.

And then Mara said that, what planet did I wake up to this morning? Because if I'm reading that right, LPMP is the only business in the history of all retail shenanigans* that said such a thing. If that's not a mistake, Mara you need to cut that out. There are cats out there that need you to be very very rich! I'm not suggestiong you go all Wells Fargo, but we all want to come live at your little wedding church compound. (Everytime I've ever overdrafted with Wells Fargo, say I used my ATM 15 times, each time for $2 on a saturday, and once for $200 on the sunday which would've then overdrafted me, monday they'd front load the sunday $200 so they could charge me $35  15X for each time I used it on Saturday, and they'd charge me $755 for that $230 I meant to spend, net profit of $525 to them for their neato frontloading system.)

*Do I get some kind of gold star on my permanent record for working the word shenanigans into my question? Has anyone ever gotten a gold star and an elf simulataneously?

10 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

If that's not a mistake, Mara you need to cut that out.

But that's one of the reasons the Annual Sale is so legendary and awesome, year after year!

7 minutes ago, luna65 said:

But that's one of the reasons the Annual Sale is so legendary and awesome, year after year!

But after 40 years of retail therapy, it's hard to take in. 

We are a world unto ourselves here. :)

7 minutes ago, luna65 said:

We are a world unto ourselves here. :)

Clearly.  And we celebrate Christmas in July. I just put on a giant sweater that has Santa Claus riding a unicorn on it, the only logical response to this brave new world.

4 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

Everytime I've ever overdrafted with Wells Fargo, say I used my ATM 15 times, each time for $2 on a saturday, and once for $200 on the sunday which would've then overdrafted me, monday they'd front load the sunday $200 so they could charge me $35  15X for each time I used it on Saturday, and they'd charge me $755 for that $230 I meant to spend, net profit of $525 to them for their neato frontloading system.

B of A- Hole did exactly that to me! Over a weekend, I used my card for approx 10 small purchases (debit). Everything should come out immediately on the debit route. 

But no. 

On Monday, my landlady deposited my check early! Even though she agreed to wait till Thursday. 

KaBOOM! I woke up Tuesday morning to up to a $1800 overdraw! B of A-Hole frontloaded the rent and overdrew aaaaall of my weekend debits. They absolutely would not budge on their $350 in fines - they call it a “service fee” - yeah, I got “serviced” all right. That BS really should be outlawed.

I’m with a credit union now. 

5 minutes ago, melisse said:

I woke up Tuesday morning to up to a $1800 overdraw! B of A-Hole frontloaded the rent and overdrew aaaaall of my weekend debits. They absolutely would not budge on their $350 in fines - they call it a “service fee” - yeah, I got “serviced” all right. That BS really should be outlawed.

I’m with a credit union now. 

Seriously. Why isn't this illegal?

4 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

Seriously. Why isn't this illegal?

Yeah, right? 

My credit union doesn’t do that evil “pending” thing. Why pend a debit? The money is truly gone. No need to hold and verify, no pend is necessary. 

I think things are going to actually get worse. With our current administration deregulating everything, I bet banker shenanigans are going to get more & more outrageous.

@melisse you said shenanigans.

@melisse & @Eastwood22 Ughh!!!!! Sorry you guys are dealing with that crap. I had that happen over 10 years ago with Compass (now BBVA Compass). Did eventually get some of my money back due to a class action lawsuit against them. Hopefully you will too.

Good choice going with a credit union melisse. Generally their customer service is much better.

Hoping I don't get elfed, but does the July PE I reserved count towards the sale? Reserved it the day of the sale, but the sale hadn't actually started yet.

Trying to avoid miscalculating my totals like I did last year.

8 hours ago, melisse said:

Ok, great, Mara!

It's available, but not in the sale. Just a few bottles left!

https://luvpotionperfume.com/listing/532947563/sigil-collection-2015-star-power-w

15 minutes ago, oceanjewel said:

Sorry you guys are dealing with that crap.

It just happens. My SIL used to work for WF so she would have a co-worker "correct" all my charges. It's my fault for being lazy and not switching banks. Last time it happened, I was on vacation, called them to order a new card and said that I was somewhere where I couldn't make a deposit to cover automatic transactions and they did it anyway.

5 minutes ago, oceanjewel said:

Hoping I don't get elfed, but does the July PE I reserved count towards the sale? Reserved it the day of the sale, but the sale hadn't actually started yet.

Trying to avoid miscalculating my totals like I did last year.

I have a similar question.  I am going to reserve one of the July PEs and want to know if it will count toward my non sale items.

Sale day reserve is ok, OceanJewel.

2 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

Sale day reserve is ok, OceanJewel.

Thank you!

Kind of confused. Want some Threebies I saw on etsy, went to pay for them but you mention in the rules that everything needs to paid in one invoice, so I didn't. I did request them on the SALE thread. They were Lot#420 and Lot#502. Not sure how to add items that aren't listed on the SALE thread.

You don’t need to reserve those items on the Sale thread. You just need to list them in your invoice request email to Mara when you are ready to check out. So those 3 bottles from Etsy will count towards your total of paid merchandise which will then earn you your free merchandise. Only things in the actual sale thread need to be reserved whether you are paying for them to earn freebies or if they ARE your freebies.

Not sure where to put this, just thought I'd give a heads-up. In the store Vardo is listed under the men's section (since it's unisex/men's) but on the sale page it's only listed under the women's section. I'm afraid some of the men might miss it since y'all have said the women are more likely to check both sections, while some of the men only look at the men's. 

18 minutes ago, halo0073 said:

You don’t need to reserve those items on the Sale thread. You just need to list them in your invoice request email to Mara when you are ready to check out. So those 3 bottles from Etsy will count towards your total of paid merchandise which will then earn you your free merchandise. Only things in the actual sale thread need to be reserved whether you are paying for them to earn freebies or if they ARE your freebies.

That's good thanks. Just getting antsy because those lots are limited and I haven't gotten confirmation yet on all the bottles I reserved on the SALE thread. Also wondering, if there's no reply to the bottle request on the SALE thread, does that means the bottles aren't reserved yet and we can't send out the email to be invoiced till then? 

28 minutes ago, Salem Witch House said:

Also wondering, if there's no reply to the bottle request on the SALE thread, does that means the bottles aren't reserved yet and we can't send out the email to be invoiced till then? 

We have to wait until all our requests are noted/confirmed. They we get marked off in order, via time that you made the request. You would only miss out if someone had requested the last one before you requested it, if there are limited quantities, like 1-3 left, you can just look up thread to guesstimate. (Someone could also let one go as Mara works her way down the list.) I imagine if Mara takes breaks to eat or sleep, she might end up a day or two or ten behind the rest of us, so just wait for the all-clear before you request invoice.

7 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

We have to wait until all our requests are noted/confirmed. They we get marked off in order, via time that you made the request. You would only miss out if someone had requested the last one before you requested it, if there are limited quantities, like 1-3 left, you can just look up thread to guesstimate. (Someone could also let one go as Mara works her way down the list.) I imagine if Mara takes breaks to eat or sleep, she might end up a day or two or ten behind the rest of us, so just wait for the all-clear before you request invoice.

Thank you, I was antsy about the limited quantities (1 left or 2 left) stated on some of the items in the Etsy store I wanted to purchase. These are items that aren't on the SALE thread. Was wanting to buy them before they aren't available anymore. Guess I just have to keep my fingers crossed!

4 minutes ago, Salem Witch House said:

Guess I just have to keep my fingers crossed!

Don't worry! 

1 hour ago, Salem Witch House said:

It's good already!  I refreshed the page, Mara has been a very busy girl!

Salem, if there's something in the cart that you want and it's down to the last few, then give me a heads up and I will remove it for you. If there's tons, do not bother. :)

You guys, I'm confused. A few people have been breaking down in the reserve thread, I bought this/spent this, so I want/get this for free. Here's my problem, I'm not a mathematician. I know how to request an invoice, but I don't know how to arrange THIS invoice request, as far as stating that I'm buying these and I wish to receive these as giftsAlso, I would normally arrange something like this highest to lowest, is that what I'm supposed to be doing? Let's just say that I'm only purchasing bottles off the sale list, do I start with pheros and work my way down? How do other people do it? I thought I'd just be sending a list and I'd be told a total, and that bottles X through Z were my gifts. I now feel like I need to get 3X5 cards and make piles and move them around, or maybe a diorama, how are other people doing it? 

It doesn't help that the intensity of the sale killed my MacBook. Which isn't really true, at all, but my need to keep my laptop on and open for like 48 hrs straight meant my man tripped on the cord of the power adapter and destroyed it, and now my laptop won't charge, which means my running list is unavailable and I might need to make a list ON PAPER. Can I please get an example on how to do this? I'm sure I'm over complicating the situation.

12 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

You guys, I'm confused. A few people have been breaking down in the reserve thread, I bought this/spent this, so I want/get this for free. Here's my problem, I'm not a mathematician. I know how to request an invoice, but I don't know how to arrange THIS invoice request, as far as stating that I'm buying these and I wish to receive these as giftsAlso, I would normally arrange something like this highest to lowest, is that what I'm supposed to be doing? Let's just say that I'm only purchasing bottles off the sale list, do I start with pheros and work my way down? How do other people do it? I thought I'd just be sending a list and I'd be told a total, and that bottles X through Z were my gifts. I now feel like I need to get 3X5 cards and make piles and move them around, or maybe a diorama, how are other people doing it? 

It doesn't help that the intensity of the sale killed my MacBook. Which isn't really true, at all, but my need to keep my laptop on and open for like 48 hrs straight meant my man tripped on the cord of the power adapter and destroyed it, and now my laptop won't charge, which means my running list is unavailable and I might need to make a list ON PAPER. Can I please get an example on how to do this? I'm sure I'm over complicating the situation.

Based on last year’s sale, you just the whole list and one of the crew sends an invoice with the total to be paid and a breakdown of all items.

^^ Meant to say email the whole list

Eastwood, you are stressing too much! It's ok. Take a breath. lol

Send me a list of everything you want. You can arrange it like this:

- here are items from the cart that are not on the sale list (that I am paying for)

- here are my threebies

- here are everything else from the freebie list

and I will decipher it and make it work out to the best deal for you.

Or you can say, "I want to spend $100 and get 2 free bottles", and I can figure it out that way.

Sorry about your laptop! xoxoxox

11 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

Sorry about your laptop! xoxoxox

Thanks Mara! 

I figured the laptop cord dying was a sign from the universe to stop shopping! I had designs on more non-sale items but I went a little crazy. Too much good stuff! So mostly everything will be from the sale, I'll decifer it all tomorrow. But phew! I was afraid I had to turn in a finished report and it would count as most of my grade. 

I am a newbie to LPMP so I had no idea this sale was going on until yesterday when @Bella15 pointed it out (Thanks hun). 

My question is do I email the items I'm going to order along with the freebies or do I post the whole order in the sale thread? 

I apologize in advance if this is a silly question but I want to make sure I participate correctly. 

3 minutes ago, Maya said:

I am a newbie to LPMP so I had no idea this sale was going on until yesterday when @Bella15 pointed it out (Thanks hun). 

My question is do I email the items I'm going to order along with the freebies or do I post the whole order in the sale thread? 

I apologize in advance if this is a silly question but I want to make sure I participate correctly. 

Hi, and welcome to the forum, Maya. If you are ordering non-sale items, you do not post them in the sale thread. Just email Mara all of your regularly priced items plus a list of items you have reserved in the sale thread and she will send you an invoice. :)