SUGARED LAYERABLES - THE LABELS

Wouldn't that be NOCO brown sugar?

the "black pepper" question reminded me of something I had wanted to ask. Do you have a way to make a sugared "black spices". I love scents that have that note in them. Like the black spices in Evil in Carnation or in Carbon Black (at least the musk in that smells like it has a touch of spice. :)

or is that in the Black Sugar already?

Edited by StacyK

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can do almost anything people want. I do have the ingredients to make a Sug Basil - if you would like it, order it, and I shall make it for you! :)

BTW - Sweet Dill is another note that is quite beautiful if you like herbals. Tarragon is lovely too.

Do you have Rosemary?? That is one of my favorite scents in the world but I've never seen it as a perfume oil. I'd feel so guilty to order it though when you're making a bazillion of these already but it'd be nice to know for the future, maybe for a PE ^_^

the "black pepper" question reminded me of something I had wanted to ask. Do you have a way to make a sugared "black spices". I love scents that have that note in them. Like the black spices in Evil in Carnation or in Carbon Black (at least the musk in that smells like it has a touch of spice. :)

or is that in the Black Sugar already?

It's SPICY Brown Sugar in that case, and is comprised of several brown sugars, cinnamon and amber.

Black spices?? I'm not sure what you mean by that. Evil in Carnation - it's the carnation itself, it has a black pepper quality to it naturally. Carbon black has no spices in it. I do not have anything called "Black Sugar". Maybe you like the dark Indian attars? They are sandalwood based and incensey - perhaps you are reading the smokiness as spice?

Do you have Rosemary?? That is one of my favorite scents in the world but I've never seen it as a perfume oil. I'd feel so guilty to order it though when you're making a bazillion of these already but it'd be nice to know for the future, maybe for a PE ^_^

Oh, yes, I have Rosemary .Rosemary in it's natural state actually smells nothing like the essential oil, which is almost all camphor with a hint of green. I only have it in EO form, which makes it very fragile and burns off quickly. The primary quality of it is the camphor, which dissipates in the air very fast. It's good for medicinal and magickal properties, but does not make for a very hearty perfume note, I'm afraid.

Oh, yes, I have Rosemary .Rosemary in it's natural state actually smells nothing like the essential oil, which is almost all camphor with a hint of green. I only have it in EO form, which makes it very fragile and burns off quickly. The primary quality of it is the camphor, which dissipates in the air very fast. It's good for medicinal and magickal properties, but does not make for a very hearty perfume note, I'm afraid.

Awww darn! Thank you for explaining that for me though, I had no idea the essential oil is so different from the plant! Though I probably should have guessed it, I'm pretty sure rosemary oil is one of the ingredients in the baby version of Vicks vapor rub. I always wondered why I couldn't really tell it was in there!

d'oh, that's right :P

I can do almost anything people want. I do have the ingredients to make a Sug Basil - if you would like it, order it, and I shall make it for you! :)

BTW - Sweet Dill is another note that is quite beautiful if you like herbals. Tarragon is lovely too.

Oh, I'd love some Sugared Tarragon! I will add it to my next order!

Also what does the Sugared Black Tea smell like? Is it close to that lovely strong bitter black tea note that you used in my Inna's Gadda Da Vita PE or is it softer like for example in 221b? Asking because I'm just curious, as I am pretty sure I will hoard it either way.

It's SPICY Brown Sugar in that case, and is comprised of several brown sugars, cinnamon and amber.

Black spices?? I'm not sure what you mean by that. Evil in Carnation - it's the carnation itself, it has a black pepper quality to it naturally. Carbon black has no spices in it. I do not have anything called "Black Sugar". Maybe you like the dark Indian attars? They are sandalwood based and incensey - perhaps you are reading the smokiness as spice?

In the description for Evil IC it lists "Black Spices" so I thought it meant something spicy black was added to make that zippy dark spice vibe I get from it.

Oops, I was referring to the Sugared Black Musk, didn't mean black sugar. :)

I thought there was was a light touch of a gentle spicy "something" in Carbon Black. It must be the Attars. I just love that!

white sugar

I think Pure Sugar is supposed to be the closest to this?

In the description for Evil IC it lists "Black Spices" so I thought it meant something spicy black was added to make that zippy dark spice vibe I get from it.

It's difficult to know exactly what Danna meant by that.

Pure sugar is a mixture of all the main sugar varieties - white, pink, brown, caramelized and powdered.

They are better together than on their own - the combo gives the whole more body and lasting power.

Danna may have added more black pepper to amp what was natural in the carnation, I do not know at this point.

I personally would love a powdered or white sugar. Brown doesn't work for me, generally so a single would be great.

Have you tried Pure Sugar? If so, what about it does not work for you?

Oh, I'd love some Sugared Tarragon! I will add it to my next order!

Also what does the Sugared Black Tea smell like? Is it close to that lovely strong bitter black tea note that you used in my Inna's Gadda Da Vita PE or is it softer like for example in 221b? Asking because I'm just curious, as I am pretty sure I will hoard it either way.

I believe I used an herbal tea in 221b. And maybe a little more exotic black tea in your PE. The Black Tea I am using as the centerpiece for this line smells pretty much just like English Black Tea. Slightly bitter until sugared, but clear, stimulating and airy. It's hard to describe...I use black tea notes to create - space - between other notes, it lends a feeling of airiness in my opinion.

ETA: Looked it up, for 221B I did use the Black Tea I am using in this one, but I also blended it with White Tea so it'll be a little different.

I see ONE review from Beccah so far. :) Anyone else get their Sugars yet? John said people should have started receiving them by last Thursday.

I need to order some along with some more pheros. :blush:

will there be a BROWN SUGAR only scent ?

The best representation of a true brown sugar scent without any spice, IMO is the Brown Sugared Pecan. You really don't smell the pecan - it's just adds depth and dimension to the brown sugar. It's delicious!

I want to order now but something came up and I have to patiently wait!!

I swear a certain carmaker (whom I shall not name here) has a built-in bank account sensor in every car. Just as we put a little money away ... BAM! And it is nothing unreasonable, not enough to make you want to get rid of the car, but still just a little $$.

I see ONE review from Beccah so far. :) Anyone else get their Sugars yet? John said people should have started receiving them by last Thursday.

I just got mine yesterday, will post now! (I sampled everything kind of at once last night in a flurry of excitement)

Pure sugar is a mixture of all the main sugar varieties - white, pink, brown, caramelized and powdered.

They are better together than on their own - the combo gives the whole more body and lasting power.

Danna may have added more black pepper to amp what was natural in the carnation, I do not know at this point.

Thanks Mara & Luna. I forget how old that one is. Still smells great tho.

Maybe the Atrars in the Carbon give me a (light) spiced feel. It's so great.

I do have a question about the Sugared Green Musk vs the Sugared Greenery. I read the descriptions but I was wondering if I could get a little more info. If I wanted a wet leafy green musk would those go together to achieve that?

Which would have the wet green component that LP Green has?

Edited by StacyK

I do have a question about the Sugared Green Musk vs the Sugared Greenery. I read the descriptions but I was wondering if I could get a little more info. If I wanted a wet leafy green musk would those go together to achieve that?

Which would have the wet green component that LP Green has?

Yes, you would need both to achieve that feel. Greenery is lush wet green-ness, no musk. Green musk is a good base to layer nature notes with.

Yes, you would need both to achieve that feel. Greenery is lush wet green-ness, no musk. Green musk is a good base to layer nature notes with.

It amazes me how excited about these John, Jess and Izzy are. They are expressing MEGA LOVE as they are being bottled!

Izzy's faves are Warm Milk and Sugar - he says it smells EXACTLY like the breakfast kids were given in his native country as a child - fresh warm milk straight from the cow with sugar. Brown Sugar Pecan - omg, smells so good we all had to go and eat something sweet after smelling it together, it makes you hungry! And Sugared Earth. He says, "These are amazing, how do you DO this?" I said, it's what we save the cat whiskers for, Izzy! You pass the whiskers over the potion and make a wish and it turns out exactly how you want! :lol:

Jessica's faves are Cherry Blossom, Dogwood Blossom, Peony, Jonquil, Jasmine...she loves all the fresh florals.

John is loving pretty much all of them. He is delighted when he guesses correctly...I don't tell him what it is until he tells me. Every day he has a new fave. Today it was Orchids and Neroli. He slathered himself in Neroli first thing this morning.

It's so much fun how much JOY and sense memories these seem to bring! :)

Speaking of joy and sense memories.... is there any possibility of a Sugared Linen? I'm thinking that having that to layer with just about any of the florals would be absolutely delightful.... :purr:

I can do that if you want it. I have a drawer full of cotton and linen notes! Order it and I'll make it. :)

A cotton scent like the one in Totem Bunny?!?!?!

Edited by NuTrix

A cotton scent like the one in Totem Bunny?!?!?!

Not exactly, no. For Totem Bunny I used cotton flower for the magic, but that does not actually smell like cotton, it has an orangey aroma. The cottontail evocation in that blend actually came from marshmallow, vanilla and musk.

Speaking of joy and sense memories.... is there any possibility of a Sugared Linen? I'm thinking that having that to layer with just about any of the florals would be absolutely delightful.... :purr:

This sounds really good. Great idea.

Mara-no I hadn't tried pure sugar as it has brown in and it usually doesn't work. I'm not desperate for white sugar though :)

Sugared linen would be really nice

The thing with Pure Sugar, is that it is balanced so that no one sugar pops out. It resembles white sugar more than any other component. IMO, it comes out like what you would want sugar to really smell like, rounded by all it's varieties.

The thing with Pure Sugar, is that it is balanced so that no one sugar pops out. It resembles white sugar more than any other component. IMO, it comes out like what you would want sugar to really smell like, rounded by all it's varieties.

It really is balanced. I have about 1/4 of my original Pure Sugar left. I would not have guessed it had any brown sugar. While I do like BS in certain scents,I can amp it to distraction. "Pure Sugar" smells just as its moniker indicates it would.

I can do that if you want it. I have a drawer full of cotton and linen notes! Order it and I'll make it. :)

I definitely want in if you guys (Mara & Black Cat) do this. Please let me know!

File this under, WHAT IN THE FLAMING HELL WAS I THINKING!, :lol: but I did it! All hundred and twenty-something Sugars are now complete. EVERYTHING is now ready to ship on demand...until the next group of suggestions gets ordered, that is!

With my master computer out for rescue/repairs, I can't do any more lables for a few days, but will get back to exchanging the "generic" ones with more lovely people pictures as soon as I am able.

We are all really proud of these over here, they came out even better than expected. We love them and are having a great time with them - hoping you enjoy them as much as we do. We can't wait to hear about the creative combos everyone comes up with.

And as John said today - "Now everyone has the tools to make their own PEs...LIVE THE DREAM!" :D