SUGARED LAYERABLES - THE LABELS

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M: is that Alex on the label for Sugared Coffee? That's a cool pic!

Yep, the bandmates are in too!

Alex is Sugared Coffee

Carol is Sug Violets

Janet is Black Musk

more rockin' ladies to come!

(Leslie's fave from the last lot was Sug Eng Toffee!)

No, I was talking about Ivy's lol

Thank you, ivy_fiddlefox!! :kiss43:

Honestly, I had forgotten how much I love these sweet pure scents. Sug Apples is just instant happiness to my nose. :)

I am going to start putting one-liner descripts up under each label today.

I have to take a breather on the labels and brew, but more labels to come as soon as I can!

PLUS the whole "layering" thing! Just today I found my old bag full of sug'd samples...and paired Sugared Vanilla Mint with Sugared Gardenia - instant Belle de Menthe 'knock-off'~ Not going to be as sophisticated as the original blend, but it's fun to experiment!

I am really loving looking at these and seeing new faces emerge. It is like watching a beautiful garden and each day being surprised by beautiful new blooms! That is exactly how this feels to me as I watch these pop up.As if Mara has this magickal (of course) garden and the faces on the labels are the flowers. I wish I could afford a bouquet of each and every one. So glad that these are not going away any time soon! I might just acquire that lovely, huge, bunch of sweet smelling flowers yet. :)

Mara you mentioned Sugared Apples was nice with a PE - Jennifer's Farmhouse Afternoon I think? I received my Apples with Bonfire and that is an excessively delicious combo too.

tyvey, that is awesome! Great idea!

Ooooh, those both sound great. We'll have to add a section for everyone's experiments in the new Sugared sub-forum when we put it up. :)

I *really* look forward to mixing these sugared notes and coming up with really nice blends! This would be like cooking all this yummy stuff and sharing recipes! I love it! :)

The review threads are being posted because these are starting to ship, but a reminder, please do not fill these threads with speculation if you haven't tried the blend - there are other places for that. Let's keep the review threads for reviews and other pertinent info. Thanks!

Ok, have come to decision today, based upon the OVERWHELMING response for the Sugared Collection.

Out of the 125 we have offered, already 102 have been ordered, with the list growing every day.

I honestly did not expect the variety of orders...I think I expected to make closer to 75 in the end, but I am very pleased with the range of different kinds of scents people are interested in. The same goes for the sale this year too! A much wider range of interest than usual - people stepping out of just the foody realm and into more daring scents. I'm quite proud of everyone for that! :D

I mentioned at the start of this all I would only brew what had been ordered, but the number of different ones ordered is so vast, that I realized I am not going to have time to do a September set as usual. The Sugars are coming out sooo great, soooo awesome, I really want to devote my time to getting these right, and as fast as possible to get them to everyone. So, halting everything to work on a Sept set doesn't make sense.

The sale goes halfway through September, people can catch up on their wishlists and get all the Sugars they want, and I'll be back with a kick ass new collection of Autumnal and Halloweenies for October.

Hope this is ok with everyone. Thanks so much for your understanding!

xoxox

I am going to cross post this in announcements as well, to make sure everyone sees it.

Haha - success has its price!! I am glad the sugared scents are proving so popular for you!

Haha - success has its price!! I am glad the sugared scents are proving so popular for you!

We've been overwhelmed with orders for Clean Musk, and in the notes section girls keep asking for your phone number! What should I tell them?

We've been overwhelmed with orders for Clean Musk, and in the notes section girls keep asking for your phone number! What should I tell them?

Haha - 1-800Kindaold or 1-866Married ! If Mrs. QG changes the second one, I will let you know lol. :lol:

On a serious note - this is a dumb question - but with everything "sugared" - are any of these guy's scents?

I mentioned at the start of this all I would only brew what had been ordered, but the number of different ones ordered is so vast, that I realized I am not going to have time to do a September set as usual. The Sugars are coming out sooo great, soooo awesome, I really want to devote my time to getting these right, and as fast as possible to get them to everyone. So, halting everything to work on a Sept set doesn't make sense.

Honestly, Mara, I have to say thank you! I already pretty much have my September order planned out, and I was just thinking that it was actually a bit stressful to ME to have NR's in September - I can't even imagine how much work it would be for YOU!!! I really want to start on the sugared line, so I thank you, and my bank account thanks you too:)

Haha - 1-800Kindaold or 1-866Married ! If Mrs. QG changes the second one, I will let you know lol. :lol:

On a serious note - this is a dumb question - but with everything "sugared" - are any of these guy's scents?

:lol:

On the serious note, YES! The white and powdered sugars do not necessarily come off as feminine, they just soften what might be a sharp note. There are many of these that won't be getting the pink and brown sugars for this reason, so that they can be worn by either sex. I'll be doing this with the woods, greens, certain spices, vetiver, your musk...just keep an eye for ones that focus on the white and or powdered sugars and those will generally be the ones men will be comfortable wearing as well as the ladies.

QG, I'm betting Sugared Woods (I'm guessing akin to the former Sugared Forest) will be *superb* for guys. Along with Sandalwood, Earth, Greenery, Cedar...etc... and of course, Clean Musk!

QG, I'm betting Sugared Woods (I'm guessing akin to the former Sugared Forest) will be *superb* for guys. Along with Sandalwood, Earth, Greenery, Cedar...etc... and of course, Clean Musk!

Yep, and Grasses, maybe Leather. At least in my mind. These were what I was making a mental list of. Though the subject may be unwilling, I will test on my end and give you a heads up if any smell particularly good, QG!

Quince has worn the original Sugared Patchouli from time-to-time - I think it's one anyone could wear (provided they like patchouli), and he's a fan of Sugared Forest.

Thank you, dear Halo! I am one of those people who can't handle Facebook -- LP is my safe online place!

As I said earlier, it was a little intimidating to ask to join the lineup later in the game, since all of you up already are so AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS! This was kind of a big deal for me -- I am very camera shy normally. And you can't really see it unless you look closely, but I had a substantial surgery on the right side of my face about a year and a half ago when I had two basal cell carcinomas removed -- the scars are not that noticeable, but they are well-defined (my wonderful mentor friend says I should just refer to them as my duelling scars!).

So when I asked my semi-pro photographer sister if she would take my picture, she just about fell over! And it made for a lovely little time for us together when she was here visiting with her family. We popped into my mom's backyard and my sister snapped a bunch and we picked the two best ones and I let Mara work the magic from there.

:lol:

On the serious note, YES! The white and powdered sugars do not necessarily come off as feminine, they just soften what might be a sharp note. There are many of these that won't be getting the pink and brown sugars for this reason, so that they can be worn by either sex. I'll be doing this with the woods, greens, certain spices, vetiver, your musk...just keep an eye for ones that focus on the white and or powdered sugars and those will generally be the ones men will be comfortable wearing as well as the ladies.

Yep, and Grasses, maybe Leather. At least in my mind. These were what I was making a mental list of. Though the subject may be unwilling, I will test on my end and give you a heads up if any smell particularly good, QG!

Quince has worn the original Sugared Patchouli from time-to-time - I think it's one anyone could wear (provided they like patchouli), and he's a fan of Sugared Forest.

Thank you for the clarification! I was hoping there would be a few for me to try!

Thank you, dear Halo! I am one of those people who can't handle Facebook -- LP is my safe online place!

As I said earlier, it was a little intimidating to ask to join the lineup later in the game, since all of you up already are so AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS! This was kind of a big deal for me -- I am very camera shy normally. And you can't really see it unless you look closely, but I had a substantial surgery on the right side of my face about a year and a half ago when I had two basal cell carcinomas removed -- the scars are not that noticeable, but they are well-defined (my wonderful mentor friend says I should just refer to them as my duelling scars!).

So when I asked my semi-pro photographer sister if she would take my picture, she just about fell over! And it made for a lovely little time for us together when she was here visiting with her family. We popped into my mom's backyard and my sister snapped a bunch and we picked the two best ones and I let Mara work the magic from there.

Blackcat, you look lovely! And Sugared Iris..how awesome! :)

The sale goes halfway through September, people can catch up on their wishlists and get all the Sugars they want, and I'll be back with a kick ass new collection of Autumnal and Halloweenies for October.

Hope this is ok with everyone. Thanks so much for your understanding!

xoxox

I am going to cross post this in announcements as well, to make sure everyone sees it.

Hi Mara,

thank you for this - it is a bit of a relief, I was feeling rather breathless! :D

The Sugared labels are all SO beautiful!!!

I have trouble deciding which one(s) to order first; luckily (in a sense) I have some time to make up my mind yet because I don't have any room in my budget until September. ;)

I am so excited!!! My lovely great niece is Sugared Honeysuckle! Thanks so much Mara!xoxo :)

Rose! How awesome! I went back and looked at both your pictures -- definitely can see the family resemblance!

And yes, Maple looks fab -- as do they all! And Katz, Saffron, Rose, JudyO, MDC -- thanks so much for the kind words. Very fun to join you lovelies!

I am going nuts dividing these into sets of 12 and ranking my need. I can't wait to play around with notes and plan more PE madness.