Pheros for Interview and Also to keep calm during Interview

Ok all, so I'm up for a face to face interview on a position I've been wanting for awhile. It's very demanding but so is my current job. Anyhow, I do NOT like F2F and I'm highly out of practice. Have social anxiety sometimes and unfortunately WFH doesn't allow me to 'stretch' myself in that way.

So I have to get back to my yoga like a total madwoman - a must. (insert pic of me sweating like mad here)

But the position will be continual client facing and continual F2Fs with presentations whole 9 yards. And it pisses me off that I have this issue bc it's held me back from so much. And I know I can speak competently when on large conference calls, etc. For some reason I have 'chain reaction' when anxiety hits.

So in addition to staying calm and focused - I need to have a really good work presence, showing I'm amicable, diplomatic, but also that I know my stuff.

Ideas? I was thinking topper - don't have FB but have Crescendo w/ it. Anyhow - hoping I"ll just work out like a mad woman that I won't have energy for any anxiety attacks bc adrenaline will be fully managed. :)

ALSO - this is huge for me bc I have some folks rooting for me bc they know how hard I work - work my ass off. And I need to get this all in check anyhow, which is why I pushed myself to go for this. So... any ideas/ thoughts of pheros or even meditations would be helful. Date is TBD - but definitely within next 3 weeks on the outside.

Sorry for long post - just got the email request for the F2F. All eepy and happy at same time.

I would go B2 or Balm Bomb for when you're super anxious and LFM for when you're actually working. It makes you seem competent and confident. You get respect while still being feminine. It's a brilliant mix!

IMO if you're talking "Anxiety" as in real social anxiety, the type you might be prescribed meds for, I'd say go B2 or Teddy BB.

General nervousness/anxiousness ect Teddy BB or Balm Bomb to calm down. LFM is also a good choice, it gives you that feel confident, in control feel, which relieves that interview anxiousness.

IMO, I probably would not do Topper, unless it's all I had on hand. It's uplifting and all but the general chatty, happy," isn't that shiny" vibe may or may not be helpful.

Lol

So basically what Halo said. Ha that's what I get for not reading others posts. :666:

Edited by StacyK

awesome, have LFM on the way - no BB though. Yea I need to show self-confidence. And thing is, I've mostly being doing this gig prior - and that's why I have some people's support. I also don't want to let them down if I flub this- bc they want me on their team, I want to be on their team and damnit if I'm gonna let this stupid random anxiety kick in when I can talk @ most of this stuff any day of the week.

During phone screen, actually was a bit nervous and lost focus on the questions. And I would be coming in from a difft department that most don't understand - unless they've worked a lot with us. So, some of the interviewers may have bias. I'm more from what they consider a 'technical team' (bc they have no clue all we do) and there's another dept that gets the glory. Whatever.

Anyooooo -- LFM on the way so that helps.

I swear I'm going to have to workout every day on TOP of good pheros. I need to be calm and also dazzle them with my poise, grace and confidence. :)

^^ Yes, working out helps so much. I've recently gotten back on that bandwagon and my general stress level started to drop after the third day, very noticeably. :)

If it helps we can check in here after workouts to help motivate each other. Others can join in as well.

Edited by StacyK

^^ Yes, working out helps so much. I've recently gotten back on that bandwagon and my general stress level started to drop after the third day, very noticeably. :)

If it helps we can check in here after workouts to help motivate each other. Others can join in as well.

I agree! I'm like at DEFCOM (spelling?) 5 or whateve is highest as I've really wanted this and this would be soooo good for me. We've had recent dept changes so I've been not liking what I do at all anymore - and like I'd said -have others that want me to succeed so also don't want to let them down.

So it's a huge thing and wake up call that I gotta do it - no choice at all. Plus it's good for me. It'll also help me stay on track with eating - when I get stressed I forget to eat and that's a bad thing too.

Y'all rock for being supporting. Thank GOD there is a class tonite at 7 - gonna be there a lot over next 14-21 days. Plus running. It's hilarious a bit if you think about it, sports training for an interview. :Emoticons04263:

I actually do like to meet others and want to show them what I know - that's why the anxiety is so frustrating. Because in reality, I'm like 'hey I want to be here and want to be on this team' but bc have had anxiety in past, it surfaces.

Because this should be fun for me - damnit!

I agree! I'm like at DEFCOM (spelling?) 5 or whateve is highest as I've really wanted this and this would be soooo good for me. We've had recent dept changes so I've been not liking what I do at all anymore - and like I'd said -have others that want me to succeed so also don't want to let them down.

So it's a huge thing and wake up call that I gotta do it - no choice at all. Plus it's good for me. It'll also help me stay on track with eating - when I get stressed I forget to eat and that's a bad thing too.

Y'all rock for being supporting. Thank GOD there is a class tonite at 7 - gonna be there a lot over next 14-21 days. Plus running. It's hilarious a bit if you think about it, sports training for an interview. :Emoticons04263:

That's good!! go for it. Just remember to take a 'single' day off in between, once in a while so u won't burn out. What type of workout are you planning?

ETA- OMG LV that's so :lol:

Edited by StacyK

Another vote for LFM here! The stuff gives me a serious edge and like you, I am not the greatest in these situation. This stuff is like magic in a bottle for that social anxiety for me. As far as UNs go, I am thinking that Balm Bomb is next on my list, also for when the anxiety gets to be too much. Prior ro reading this, I was thinking I would next order Empathy Potion, but after hvaing read this, I am thinking it will be Balm Bomb. Yes, exercise too for sure. But really anxiety or not, when I put on LFM, I feel like whatever I am doing I am going to simply do it and OWN it, and all with ease. LOVE it! :it-s-a-beautiful-thing: And BTW, good luck BG!

Also, watch this Ted Talk:

http://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_your_body_language_shapes_who_you_are

I'm a naturally comfortable public speaker, but because I'm a woman I can occasionally shoot myself in the foot by not sounding as smart or as confident as I actually am. When I take a few minutes to put the suggestions described in the Ted Talk in place, this is not a problem. I bet that, boosted with LFM, this will make for an unbeatable interview experience.

Good luck!

Thank you all so much for encouragement - got the intel today - have 14 days to get my mental shape shit together. Looks like I have to give adhoc on the spot presentation for 10-15 minutes - they will disclose material literally directly prior - yes I've already started sweating b/c I don't want this to be issue. Used to love doing presentations.

Loverly - though I hope that part is 1st - but new my new mantra must now be 'go with flow'.

So anyhoooooo -- (edited to add - I obvs haven't worked out in like 6 wks or so, which is why I'm now in 'must kick butt mode'. Have Leather on the way - read it can help workouts too!).

StacyK - Bikram yoga (works like a charm for me but have several classes daily for it to kick in my anti-stress stuff), running (I power walk, running too much impact on body for me I think) to get my stress out and breathe in happy joy calmness. And I kind of 'need' to hit almost burn out to get my adrenaline out. My anxiety is as much physiological as anything - so I have to get rid of it by working out a LOT - and then it calms down. I want to be tired in a good way (not appear tired but not have that surge of adrenaline).

Equinox - I'm def checking out that TED Talk -also there's a thread on anxiety with a hypnosis link.

I'm in training girls - time to shine or get off the pot! :Emoticons0804:

I want to be calm and dazzling.

Edited by Beach Goddess

Sweet ideas, I just got my unpheros --- woohooo - - so going to be testing. Would cougar be over the top OR maybe just give me sparkle?

Just thinking@ LFM as base, maybe dash of cougar and top it off w/ topper? But I have to keep anxiety in mind - but that's where a lot of prep work comes in.

I don't have B2 or I'd load that as base. Hmmm. I'm not trying to go for cops - and I think cougar is cops-free (just pheros). I remember last test drive everyone thought I was so sparkly / interesting. :)

Ohh no. Don't layer complex phero blends.

You're really wasting your hard earned $$$.

Really LFM is all you need. But if you think Cougar would suit you better then do that. But separately.

Topper is a simple blend which is intended for layering. IMO it doesn't go with everything but I do like it. Just remember if you add Topper to LFM then it becomes something different from the LFM you have been reading about. Make sure you try it out before the interview.

Pls check out Dolly's Journal she has a page titled something like "Layering Pheros for newbies". There are conversations about it all over the MB but that's a good specific point to start.

BTW- it's really Not worth mentioning, but there is a very small amount of cops in the Cougar blend. You don't have to worry about the cop or OCCo "effect" with this blend tho. Just use as you would any "sexy/social" blend. I only mention it because you will at some point see it mentioned. :)

Check out the journal tho.

Edited by StacyK

Pls check out Dolly's Journal she has a page titled something like "Layering Pheros for newbies". There are conversations about it all over the MB but that's a good specific point to start.

Absolutely - I think I've read almost everything Dolly's written bc she knows her stuff. But could have missed as there is so much info! I've been doing a lot of home testing for selfies on both leather and LFM. I think LFM may spike some of the EST on me (I've been moody lately, it isn't fault of LFM, it's my moodiness).

I appreciate the input and support!!

Thanks all! Went to yoga the other night, after class (instructor knows I use for anxiety therapy) - teacher was like 'yea I can tell those people that get in their heads during practice bc of grimace on their face' - and I reminded her that I have to get in my head and that I get stuff (stress, anxiety) OUT of my head because the class kicks my freakin' butt.

It's hot, it's crampy (bc a lot of ppl in the room), everyone's sweating gallons, the teacher talks constantly (per their script, but also good bc you don't have to listen if you're used to the poses), I'm trying to stretch like a mad woman (I sit at computer most of day for work)... basically I am 100% uncomfortable and/ or in pain the entire time. So... yea I'm going to grimace and get out my angst in class as I should be doing - so then I'm not carrying it around with me anymore. Plus it mimics some symptoms of true panic attack - so your mind and body are OK with it - and it regulates my adrenaline so I don't have panic attacks. Anyhooo..

It really works, just hope I can get enough classes and other exercise in to get all that 'stuff' out - such a relief when you can feel it leaving your body and mind.

Quite honestly my dept has gotten to be such a pain in the a** and major source of my stress that I really want this now more than before even though all of it is scary to me. Everybody is over the top grouchy, generally unfriendly and unhelpful. It's a shame - major change from the environment i was in prior - though I am in the same dept not working with my usual peeps.

Done for eve - sorry - maybe I should have put this one in 'the bitching post'. :)

So had the 2nd part of the interview today - F2F. It went very well, but can't really 'read' how it's going to go. This would be so good for me in so many ways, and I have some really awesome peeps that gave great input on my background (having worked with me forever). So I have a lot of positives but not feeling overall great about it right now. :(

Granted there is a LOT they need ppl for and there is a particular 'sweet spot' as far as clients that I'm hoping for based on my experience but is not a guarantee. So I'm trying to stay in the middle here.

Ended up wearing just a bit of leather (bc my pre-testing with LFM is that I feel a bit moody w/ that around certain cycle times, didn't want to chance it but will keep trying for my 'magic' amount of that) and some PropheticPie with Crescendo w/ topper (which goes with like everything and makes me feel sparkly enough for interview). And interviewers were very chatty, helpful, and it went rather beautifully in some areas. I felt very at ease for most part - except one interviewer had a lot of intense contact - like extra eye contact, bit much for me.

The biggest let down was at beginning - my presentation - my only big HUGE gap area - guess what - THAT was my random scenario. Prior interviewer knew that, everyone knew that. Guess they shouldn't have made it so random in this case. They said they felt bad for me after official interview started as they didn't know I'd gotten that particular scenario until that moment. :shocked:

So I had a whole lot of nada for presentation other than questions @ the scenario as it seemed a bit incomplete. With what I knew @ it, it was incomplete in order to present. So they liked that I had questions, pointing out that I couldn't fully answer scenario with the info given BUT I could have had other answers had I had that experience. No SHIT. I talked to a friend of mine in that dept after interview, she said they don't handle that process anymore and a whole other group does that (she had told me that prior). So... WTH? And I was psyched to WOW them with my wit. :abfx:

Oh well - exhausting day though. My workout plan helped a lot and would have been more of a success had I'd been doing it a least every other day (4 times a week is a 'sweet spot' for me. That said, I've overcome my inertia on working out - and plan to stay on track with it to keep making any stress and anxiety my BIATCH. :gangster::say27:

Sounds good overall. Keep your focus on your end goal and all that's going good. There are always hiccups, forget them! Show a good rebound ability by moving on..

Sounds like the pheros were a win too.

Edited by StacyK

Thanks to ALL!! :hearts0425:

I got good news today!! OK, so workouts prior helped MAJOR way.

Potions that day (women interviewers so I didn't choose certain scents, being cautious):

Prophetic Pie (bc I needed to feel better @ everything and also wanted to put my faith out there); LACE (in the am only so I'd lighten up, interview was mid afternoon), Leather (small amount prior to mtg) - bc it's an alpha world and wanted to give air that I can be alpha but didn't want them to think I was trying to be 'THE' Alpha.

wooohoo :hi5: - again many hugs to all who have encouraged and gave advice on thread. I wanted to go LFM but it made me self-conscious once for some reason and I think it's cycle related for sure as when I tried prior I felt AWESOME.

So you got it?

Hi Halo, The official offer isn't in hand, she said it's timing as far as when officical stuff happens but she didn't want me to have to wait the weekend. She said if she could she'd take me on her team (there are various teams who need help, which made me feel AWESOME) - so yes!!!!!

Her exact words, "I didn't want you to have to wait the weekend to know whether you'd made the cut or not - because you did.".

Oh, also had decent dose of Topper (grazie) in my Crescendo - I think that helped a TON too.

ETA: edited for clarity

Edited by Beach Goddess

Thanks y'all - this is HUGE thing for me and will be positive in more ways than career I think. The department really seems to be very much into helping each other out, etc. as what we do is a huge stressball anyway - so they realize it makes more sense to play nice as there is enough to deal with.

She was disappointed she couldn't take me on her team asap - so there is delay- but that is OK. I have a lot to do. My dept may try to keep me on longer to transition my work - which sucks. So.... TBD.

She wanted to give me the official offer Friday -- but I am just so happy to know it IS coming - and I def want to be on her team for a lot of reasons.

Huge hugs to you all for your support and advice!!

• 2 weeks later...

So just to close loop - solid offer did NOT come through - but my dept is going to move some projects around for me with the role very similar to what the other role was. I was pretty bummed when I found out - but I'm also being Zen about it - bc there's a lot going on everwhere with a fair amount of chaos. At least staying in my dept - a) work environment will be more positive now they know why I was unhappy to the point of leaving and B) I'll be able to learn more to continue growth in other areas.

So at end of day - all good -though it was a bummer. And it was good to know the team DID want me, and still do - it's a red tape issue basically - and nothing for me personally. So that is good news too.

Thanks to all for posts and support. And I learned a bit more @ how certain pheros and I "play" together. Interesting stuff. Very grateful to all and to LPs of course.

ETA: Dept is actually restructuring my role a bit to give me stuff I'm interested in, part of the reason I was leaving. And that showed me (beyond the talk) that they value me and how hard I work - which means a lot. Part of reason I was so unhappy is I was working my a** off and felt like I kept getting snarky stuff thrown at me every minute. That has changed drastically and they are very happy I am staying. So win-win. :)

Edited by Beach Goddess

Thanks Eggers! :you-rock:

Yes it's truly made a difference in my environment, and I like that they're giving me a special role. When I joined this particular team, it's a bit like a frat/ sorority circle of folks and I was one of the few newbies, so therefore not in the 'circle' - so I communicated one of the reasons I wanted to leave was due to that mentality and atmosphere. I think they just didn't realize (they've all been working together so long) how they come across to those that are new to the team and how visible it is from the top down. That and constant micromanagement made me miserable. Vibe has def changed. :say09752:

The lady that interviewed me was sad that the team couldn't offer me position in their dept (at this time - which is code for - not likely soon unless something else changes). So I guess it's better to have the chaos I know vs. new chaos with additional stuff to learn on top of the usual stuff to learn.

• 2 months later...

My fiance has an interview for a job with his company - almost like a promotion, in a sense - tomorrow, and he is very nervous about it.

Unfortunately this will all be over the phone, so not much in terms of effects on others... but what do you recommend he can wear for self effects?

I am hoping something that can keep him calm while instilling confidence.

I have SWS, Balm Bomb, Goal with Teddy BB, Wanted Man, Hunter Trapper, SS4M, MVP, and Pinnacle with Alpha Androstenol.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, I can start a new one in the men's forum.

Thank you.