Sugared Apples

Beccah

AD1-SugApples.jpg

Sugared Apples

* A bushel of different apple oils, crisp sweet and red, but I added just a touch of green apple for the fresh tang. My five sugar blend sweetens it up, but it's still fresh and refreshing. So mood elevating, this blend is instant happiness to my nose!

• SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
  • APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good luck , happiness, immortality, fortelling spells.

• 4 weeks later...

This is delightful! It feels like a combination of green and red apple, and is sweet in a slight candyish way (but not cloying), while it also offers a slight hint of apple tartness which makes it feel juicy and natural. It has a brightness to it, almost like a slight sunshine honeyed note, but without the actual presence of honey. To me it feels warm but light, not like a deep baked autumn apple but like you are soaking up some sun while munching on crisp candy apples.

• 3 weeks later...

The apple is my favorite Fall fruit - the way many of you feel about pumpkin scents, that's how I feel about those, although I prefer fresh apple blends. For me this is a crisp ripe red apple: mellow as an Autumn afternoon, just the slightest bit juicy, nicely crunchy. The five-sugar blend becomes more prominent in the drydown, and I mainly get a sense of brown sugar spiciness which compliments the apple perfectly. So it moves from a fresh apple to something - if not cooked - at least sweetened and more dessert-like. Layering this with Sugared Bonfire produces an interesting combination: smoky sweetness with a fruity tang. I really want to try this layered with Flambe as well.

• 11 months later...

I just received this. Wow! This smells just like the apple trees in our neighbor's yard, like the orchard we visit every autumn, like the Wine Sap and Jonathans we picked on grandpa's farm. I can close my eyes and feel autumn all the way to my bones. Come on, October!!

• 5 months later...

Got another apple scent sample w my order this month, this time Sugared Apples! I have cray addiction to Mara's apple scents, the Caramel Apple tart, Pomme Fraiche, Aphrodite Belt etc.. the apple note in these is year round addiction. I came across a candle co. recently that had a few excellent scents, the quality of the candle itself was top notch, great throw, looong lasting, no drama w the wick but their apple scent was like every other typical apple scent, it smelt from concentrate. No one seems to nail a fresh apple scent like lp.

• 2 weeks later...

I got this as a free sample with my last order. When first applied this one smells like a crisp red apple, freshly picked and still warm from the sun. After a few minutes the sugar emerges and it smells like apple with brown sugar sprinkled on top. Smells really nice and lasted a long time too!

• 2 weeks later...

This was one of the first Sugared scents I ordered. My signature scent for the last 15 yrs has been an apple scent and it is hard to come by so I am always looking for a replacement... Sadly this wasn't it. I was hoping this would be more of a fresh/crisp/tart/bright/summer apple but to me it comes across as baked/spiced apples. The brown sugar really warms it up and makes it reminiscent of maple syrup. While it's a lovely scent it's not what I was hoping for. I tried mixing it with some other fruit notes in a spray and that made an all over sweet fruity scent which is not unpleasant. I'm sure alot of ppl will love this but for me it's too baked. Would be amazing layered with other appropriate scents come fall tho!

Now how to find a true fresh tart apple note... hmmm...

You might want to try Love Thyself if you're looking for a tart apple scent.

Oh!? I'm there! Thanks for the tip Luna!

PS- Luna, from what I can tell from reading reviews and my personal experience with LPMP products thus far, we have very similar tastes. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I received a sniffie of Sugared Apples in my Etsy order. It begins as sweet, slightly tart and oh-so-juicy fresh apple. During wear, the sugars blend with the apple, adding a caramelized quality. Toffee apples, anyone? Yes please!!

• 2 weeks later...