Sugared Cocoa Butter

Beccah

AD1-SugCocoaButter.jpg

Sugared Cocoa Butter

* Cocoa butter is the fats from the cocoa bean, also known as white chocolate. This is a blend of decadent, fatty cocoa butter oils, blended with buttered brown sugars.

• SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
  • COCOA BUTTER~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.

• 3 weeks later...

Noms!

I know I've had disagreements with people over cocoa butter vs. white chocolate, but bear with me! To me, this is very much a cocoa butter rather than a white chocolate scent. It is fatty, a little musky, and a little cool. I think that if this had more sweetness and creaminess I'd see it as a white chocolate, but I am a bit of a white chocolate snob ;) It is not super sweet, but still very warm and round and comforting. It borders on the side of a slightly less rich milk chocolate.

I love it :)

This is another definite hit! It really does smell like real cocoa butter :) If you ever had real, unrefined cocoa butter you know what I'm talking about. As a scent this one is very similar to Sugared hot cocoa, with the soft & milky cocoa notes, but it's much richer with lovely sweet buttery notes added to it. It doesn't smell artificial or coconutty like some commercial "cocoa butter body butters" do. Gorgeous!

• 1 month later...

I love this! I am pretty sure this is my favorite of the new Sugared line. I have smelled about 20 or so. I was very worried about the brown sugar because typically BS is a death note for me. But it behaves very well here. Gorgeous cocoa butter, slightly nutty, warm and decadent made richer with the sugar. I do have to watch how much I apply though. Worn in small amounts to moderate amounts and I love it and sniff compulsively but if I do a full on Halo slather then it's too sickly sweet for me. Which I know comes from the brown sugar. It smells like extremely expensive tropical bath or body products which is not normally something I would say as a compliment but it works here. Yum!

• 4 months later...

This is fabulous! I love almost all the scents with cocoa butter, so this was a no-brainer for me. I can see myself wearing this all summer, mixed with so many different scents. It's soft and rich, and slightly sweet. It think it would really give a depth to many scents, but I might wear it with something simple too, like OCCO White.

Warm, buttery, soft. I was afraid it might run to plastic, but this is the real deal. I layered it with Sugared Apricot and Sugared Leather. Wowzers! Took me to the summer mornings before my senior year of high school, riding in my boyfriend's leather seated convertible whilst having an apricot danish and a jug of milk from the local bakery. Amazing what scent memory can pull together.

Edited by Wanderlust

This is as smooth, sweet and elegant as you could want. God LP's cocoa butter accord is the absolute BEST. I love it. I love every LP scent with this note. But straight on Sugared Cocoa Butter is to die for. It really screams "hey this is a warm elegant summer night in Hollywood". All those glamorous, curvy, starlets rubbing cocoa butter on their skin (happily ignorant of the ravages of aging and melanoma). The way they would smell with the warmth of the sun and Cocoa Butter on their glowing skin.

yea.. this winter has been tooooo long.

• 4 months later...

I was playing with some sugars last night (having been lucky enough to get in on prior decant circles - thanks Bella)! Anyhoo, I was surprised I had yet to try this one.

I totally agree with all reviews above. This is cocoa butter, not chocolate, but sultry cocoa butter, sugar style. :) At first it was a bit strong on application (or that could have been because I kept huffing myself), but about 20 minutes after dry down it calmed down a bit to blend in with the other sugars. I want to play with this one more and probably use a bit less so this note doesn't overpower the others.

I would wear this solo and also might layer with some other non-sugars as this would give a nice "cocoa butter body" to anything. So far I've layered with sugared coconut, sugared plumeria - and YUM. I think this would be awesome with sugared egyptian musk too. I might have to play with more sugars this weekend. :D

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Um, yum. I have this now and it's wonderful--so rich, smooth, and delicious. Can't wait to layer this with other scents. :Emoticons0086:

It may become one of my favorite new "I'm not wearing perfume but I smell great" stealth scents, along with Caramel Musk ("My skin just smells this way") and Sneaky Clean ("I recently showered with expensive soap."). This is "You're catching a whiff of my sexier-than-average cocoa butter."

Edited by Witty Kitty

Um, yum. I have this now and it's wonderful--so rich, smooth, and delicious. Can't wait to layer this with other scents. :Emoticons0086:

It may become one of my favorite new "I'm not wearing perfume but I smell great" stealth scents, along with Caramel Musk ("My skin just smells this way") and Sneaky Clean ("I recently showered with expensive soap."). This is "You're catching a whiff of my sexier-than-average cocoa butter."

I'd forgotten how amazing this one is, going to wear tonight or this weekend. And you're spot on with 'my skin just smells this way' - i.e. ah-mazingly awesome. :)

I still haven't tried sneaky clean - moving that one up on my list, thanks Witty Kitty!

Mel - I have it and I forgot about it until earlier this week. It's so good!!! I love using it with Sugared Oud right now. I think I may be working on a new PE idea with the two. ? It is delicious on its own too but it works so well with so many other things.

Witty Kitty and BG, YES! This the stealthy type of scent and I love that about it too. ❤

Edited by tink333

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...