Sugared Cream

Beccah

AD1-SugCream.jpg

Sugared Cream

* Cream, cream, creaminess!. This is my take on the likes of Twinkie and Krispy Kreme fillings, crafted of whipped and butter cream accords, butter CO2, a touch of vanilla, a drop of hydrogenated coconut oil, and a big fat buttload of white sugar.

Y'know that creamy white filling in the middle of those horribly-bad-for-you and insanely tasty little snack cakes you get from the convenience store? The ones with the names like yo-yos and hoo-hahs and stuff? Mmmmm. Save yourself the empty calories and have a whiff of this instead!

• 4 weeks later...

In the bottle and first on, this smells exactly like the hydrogenated creamy goodness of the cream in a Twinkie. I swooned! After a few minutes, though, it mellows into a wonderfully soft, lightly sweet cream that melds into the skin. Just the tiniest hint of vanilla. Great for if you a craving a foody non-cake scent.

• 2 weeks later...

First sniff = butter cream

Wet= more of a french vanilla butter cream

First application is still pretty much vanilla bean butter cream icing. I was expecting more of a cream....like coffee cream...with sugar..but I'm dense and don't read descriptions properly. It really is like the centre of a cream cookie :)

• 2 weeks later...

On it's own it actually doesn't smell that sweet to me. I suspect my skin is soaking something up. But I have combined it with sugared majmua and sugared dragon's blood (separately) and it performs as I had hoped: it adds a warmth and sweetness to the mix but is not overpowering and is not making me feel like I bathed in a desert. Will he happy to experiment what else it combines well with ! This really makes me appreciate just how much experience you need to put a Love Potion together. The sum total is different than its parts. I love gaining a bit of insight into this process. I'm grateful to have this opportunity to tinker !

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably my fav Sugared so far... it really is a nice addition to anything I've paired it with. Doesn't last on me as long as I'd hoped but it is a great scent by itself or as a topper for many LPs! It will be the first FB I actually get in the Sugared line.

Edited by LoveStruck

• 1 month later...

I agree with Lovestruck. While this one is all sweet creamy goodness all on its own, I can not imagine anything you could layer it with not benefiting from its presence. If you have something that is just way too sharp, I feel pretty confident that this would take the edge off of it and calm it right down. I love it!

• 5 months later...

Wet, it was VERY twinkie-filling. Dry, it is all coconut all the time on me, which I love of course. It is fading fast, but so is the Lina's Woodland Romance that is slathered everywhere else, so my skin is probably parched. I like it 100x better than the previous sugared cream bottle I received in a trade years ago.

• 3 years later...

I had obtained Sugared Cream thinking it would be a substitute for Lick of Cream, but LofC is it's own thing. Sugared Cream isn't one that I wear on it's on, I add it to other things to smooth and round them out, specifically scents with a coffee note. 

This morning I'm wearing Latte Peche, a jewel in its own right, but adding the Sugared Cream does exactly what adding sweetened creamer does to coffee. Now I am more of a creamy coffee drink without quite being a dessert. It's like there's a scrumptious fresh peach Tart being cooked in the oven near me, but I'm satisfied with my creamy coffee beverage.

I doubt I'll be wearing coffee notes without adding a little Sugared Cream anytime soon!