Sugared Lavender

Beccah

AD1-SugLavender.jpg

Sugared Lavender

* Nine different lavender oils and EOs from all over the globe - Tassi, English, French, American - blended to perfection with white, powdered, pink and brown sugars.

• LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.
  • SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am loving this! I am picking up layers of different types of lavender which come together in a beautifully soft but complex note. It wears very close to the skin on me but that could be because I am being stingy with my application from my sniffee. I will likely go full big bottle on this one and split part of it into a spray.

• 4 months later...

I would definitely consider myself a lavender perfume collector so I'm really excited I got a decant of this (thank you Saffron!). I love how there are so many different kinds of lavenders blended together to make this, and mixed with the sugars mmmm it's a soft and sexy lullaby. Can't wait to layer this with Vanilla Bean and/or Marshmallow.

• 9 months later...

This lavender is not sharp at all. After dry-down, it is very soft but fades rather quickly. However, it did make me keep sniffing my arm. I think this would be a perfect scent for bedtime. To me, it whispers "lavender" in your ear. I love it.

• 4 weeks later...

This is such a nice, soft lavender; the sugar really smooths it out, so if you're worried about it turning medicinal on you, never fear. I love slathering it on before going to bed.

I have found, however, the lavender doesn't have much staying power on my skin (the sugar is nice and long-lasting), worn alone but especially when layered with other scents. I was hoping to use it to bump up the lavender note on a couple of fragrances, but it doesn't last more than an hour or two. Still, I like it enough as a bedtime scent I'll pick up another bottle after I use up this one. I just wish it lasted longer.

• 4 weeks later...

I find lavender a little scary because it reminds me so much of old ladies. I don't know if you have a similar thing in the U.S. but in England we have Yardley's Lavender which has been very popular amongst pensioners, to the point that it has become a bit of a joke that all elderly people smell either like lavender or rose water.

However I do love lavender, especially in some mens fragrances.

When I received a sample of sugared lavender I fell in love with it. It's not an in your face, strong lavender oil scent or even a sweetened version of that. It doesn't smell like you're sitting in amongst lavender plants in full bloom. It's certainly lavender but with that certain something which sets it aside. On a commercial level I would compare it to the lavender note in the Burberry London for Men. I love that fragrance and am on my second bottle. It's sold for men but many argue it's quite unisex. Anyway after having worn the trial from LPMP I've already ordered a bottle.

I got a sniffie in my most recent order and I love it! I was worried it might be too camphorous to me, but it's really gentle and sweet. I could see myself adding this to my snoozytime arsenal of lavender-based scents.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...