Umm... maple???

Does maple cause a few problems? I've been trying to isolate an ingredient that goes a bit weird on me...

May

It doesn't really cause a problem per se, but I and a couple of other testers have reported that on them something in Me, Jane ends up smelling like maple. There isn't actually any maple IN it, though.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly it seems as soon as I put it on the scent gets really light on me. Im going to try to layer it with some D5 to see if that will help because I really really really love this one ALOTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

If it doesnt work Im going to go look into a scent locket because if anything I have to be able to smell this.

Hello I was just wondering if anyone has tried Me Jane,and what kind of reaction you got with it.

This site is so fun.I am waiting for my first order and I think I will go nuts by the time it finally gets here!

Thanks All!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello I was just wondering if anyone has tried Me Jane,and what kind of reaction you got with it.

I use "Me Jane" to cover "Blatant Invitation" because I find the copulins in "Blatant Invitation" to be quite strong.

I have had positive responses from "Me Jane" and I would recommend it.

• 5 weeks later...

I had a funny experience with this one today. I was in the mood to slather today and my co-worker from Hell actually hugged me. We were standing together discussing a project and at one point she put her arm around me for a little sympathy hug (I had screwed something up on a report). I knew TAH made people friendly but this woman hates me! I was speechless for a good five minutes or so. :lol:

Edited by luna65

I had a funny experience with this one today. I was in the mood to slather today and my co-worker from Hell actually hugged me. We were standing together discussing a project and at one point she put her arm around me for a little sympathy hug (I had screwed something up on a report). I knew TAH made people friendly but this woman hates me! I was speechless for a good five minutes or so. :lol:

That's funny! I hope you resisted the urge to run, screaming, in the opposite direction!!

I love, love, love this scent. This is probably one of my favorites. I slathered myself with this before work one day and I received so much attention. This scent got better and better as the day progressed. I will be stocking up on this. :lol:

• 1 month later...

I tried this for the first time this evening and I don't care much for it. I do not smell bananas or coconut at all. I'm smelling hazlenut coffee and pipe tobacco. Maybe the maple note some people reported. I ordered this because TAH seemed to work well for me in Instant Sexiness B, but I'm not sure I can tolerate the fragrance.

xev

I tried this for the first time this evening and I don't care much for it. I do not smell bananas or coconut at all. I'm smelling hazlenut coffee and pipe tobacco. Maybe the maple note some people reported. I ordered this because TAH seemed to work well for me in Instant Sexiness B, but I'm not sure I can tolerate the fragrance.

xev

Make sure you keep all the ones you're not in love with, so you can trade them here in the forum. There are people like me who would love to score it off you. ^_^

Make sure you keep all the ones you're not in love with, so you can trade them here in the forum. There are people like me who would love to score it off you. ^_^

Yes, I will do that. I have quite a few more that I haven't tried, and I figure the odds are that there will be a couple more that don't work out at all.

• 1 month later...

I ordered a bottle of this after scoring a vial in trade. Yet another one that didn't appeal to me on sight, but after studying the ingredients, I thought I might really like it like so many others. And yup. It's wonderful.

On me, it dries to a coconut-vanilla goodness with a hint of banana. Very pleasing to the senses. Plus there's the added bonus of having the TAH mixed into it. I haven't even touched my bottle of TAH from androtics yet and I got that in october. I guess I just like them better when they're roll-ons and don't smell like neroli.

xev

I wonder if you got a mislabeled sample or bottle? That sounds more like it might be one of the 'La Vie De Boheme' versions.

Edited by Darbla

I wonder if you got a mislabeled sample or bottle? That sounds more like it might be one of the 'La Vie De Boheme' versions.

I got xev's in a trade from her and it was close to the description on me. Certain notes were more prominent on me, but I'm pretty sure it was me, jane - otherwise I'm having the wrong bottle sent in an order. LOL

Maybe xev sampled 'La Vie De Boheme' thinking it was me, jane by mistake. Could that have been the case xev?

When you get your bottle of 'Me, Jane', I'm definitely interested in hearing your comparison with the sample as 'Me, Jane' is going to be a very soon purchase for me too. If you've got 'La Vie De Boheme', can you compare all three of them?

The La Vie De Boheme smelled nothing like me, Jane on me. I didn't like La Vie De Boheme at all on me. Me, Jane was once I really liked. There were distinct differences between the two. Some people get different notes from different fragrances. Is there anything in common with the two? Like on me, one note that's more of a minor one can sometimes become the most prominent.

Anyway I'm certain that I had Me, Jane. I think IIRC, xev had La Vie De Boheme up for offer on trades too. So maybe she tried it and didn't notice it was La Vie De Boheme? If I'm not paying attention and testing one on one arm and another on the other, I can sometimes forget which is which and invalidate the whole thing unless they are distinctly different.

But yeah, I'm sure me, Jane is me, Jane though I will wear it when I get the bottle and then post for certain here.

Here's my latest interesting reaction from wearing Me, Jane!

It was one of the scents I took with me on my vacation and one day while on Kangaroo Island we stopped at a particular beach which you could only get to by going through a crevasse in the cliffs which surround the area. It's a bit dodgy in terms of footing and our guide - who was a nice guy but definitely a little flirty with me that day - took it upon himself to be chivalrous and held my hand the entire way so I wouldn't slip. Heh, I half-expected other overtures but he behaved himself after that, although when he dropped us off at the ferry to the mainland he gave me this long look like I can't believe you're leaving me! It was soooo cute! The OTL cracked up at my account, declaring that if I left him for an Aussie his pride would be forever wounded. ^_^

I read the description and ~HAD~ to have a fullsized bottle. I don't regret doing so as I ~LOVE IT~. It doesn't remind me of the beach though. Maybe it's because I am in Northern California and I always go to Santa Cruz. When I think of Santa Cruz its: cotton candy, pretzels, salt water taffy, the salty cold air, cigarettes and exhaust. That wouldn't make a nice perfume lol.

But it doesn't remind me of my trips to Hawaii either... Hmmmmmmm. Anywhoo, this is VERY sweet on me. It's also super strong and has some ~serious~ staying power. It stays true from wet to drydown which is unusual.

It's a very sweet almost french vanilla with yummy bananas. I swear it almost smells like brown sugar (I am guessing that is what others are calling the maple smell) with a touch of something else almost nutty and coconut. I am thinking the flower notes must be blending with the vanilla making it very sweet.

I love this and to me it's very foody. It's very sweet and innocent but flirty. It's very sexy. I smell like sexy bananas foster or banana bread.

AS for the phermones... I am single and don't get out much ~CRIES~

• 2 weeks later...

Upon further testing on Me, Jane I found this one just gets better! I make sure to shake it before applying. When it first arrived, it was very strong and smelled predominately of bananas. After about a week and a half the notes have all blended together nicely. The vanilla is really lovely and more dominant now.

I had my bedroom window open the other day and i was very sunny out. I kept smelling this wonderful vanilla perfumey smell and wondered where it was coming from as it didn't smell like one of mine. I have all my perfumes on my dresser near the window and it was my bottle of Me, Jane!It's become rather creamy and dreamy.

For the pheros, I have noticed a guy friend treat me way differently. Like he needed to protect me and he kept saying I looked really hot. LOL. My ex boyfriend reacted the same way. He was unusually nice and was actually feeling the need to be considerate and get me things. He also was rather aggressive in wanting me to kiss him as well. And other things.

What a fun experiment I must say. Me, Jane is a real keeper!

I tried this today and YUM, it was creamy sweet banannas vanilla coconut with a bright strong scent and good throw. It softened some but lasted all day i applied at 8am and can still smell it 9pm. So glad i got a bottle of this

I mixed it with sugared fried banannas and sugared honeycomb and the combo is excellent

For some reason i found women were nicer to me - no real hits that i know of with the men - go figure

• 1 month later...

I just had the most interesting experience with Me, Jane. I am taking classes right now and they are all women students. I have night classes all week and one morning class Wednesday. I have a night class Tuesday until late and then the morning class early on Wednesday morning. Most of the time I just roll out of bed and don't shower before the Wednesday morning class.

Tuesday, I was wearing Me, Jane. Wednesday morning, I slathered some more on. I apply generously. When I walked into class sat day, a girl said "what smells so good." She said "I don't know what it smells like, kind of like cinnamin." I noticed she kept looking over aking eye contact and smiling at me. This is a 3 hour class and she did it ALOT. I tried to ignore it, it was actually making me uncomfortable. She had never done this before.

This has worked very well with my significant other who is a man. It does tend to make him agressive towards me, during sexy time.

Boy HOWWWDEEEEEEE, talk about cinnamon. After about 30 seconds of banana and coconut, that's mostly all there is on my skin, informed by the vanilla and kola nut. This stuff burns me until my skin adapts. Takes about 3-5 minutes for it to calm down. This is partly how I know there is cinnamon or something like it in there. All that said, I find this a most pleasing fragrance, and it got a thumbs-up from one of my closest male friends. I happened to be meeting some new friends of his tonight and it may have contributed to the chatty atmosphere. I like it just for my own self and I'll probably want two bottles.

Edited to add that this stuff lasts into the next morning. I could smell it on me before I had my shower.

Edited by Nightlife

There's no cinnamon in it, though...it's another one of those examples where the combination reminds people of other things, just like how some people swear there's maple in Me, Jane! as well, but there isn't any.

Luna65,

Thanks for clearing that up for me...hehe. Well good thing is my hubby loves bananas and I am just nutty about coconuts. I bet those two scents alone will convince me to buy a bottle..but first I am playing it safe by trying a sample of it first...I've already made a long list to order today....

Hi j5392001,

Welcome aboard! As far as my review goes, cinnamon isn't a listed ingredient on the description, but that's the overwhelming impression on my skin, to me and to the others who smelled it on me. It also burned me the way cinnamon or cinnamon-like stuff will at times. So you might want to expect that you'll get some cinnamon impression as well.

Edited by Nightlife

me jane, me out.

i was messing around in the online store to see how much of what was available... 'coulda been the whiskey, coulda been the beer', but it looks like 'me jane' is gonzo. not to start a panic, but yah. someone tell me i'm a sofa king, 'cause i wanted to order a bottle.

me not jane but me sad. me not buy on time.

;)

Aww Cyberianhussy,

sorry it did not work out for ya...

I am a tropical kinda chica and have an obsession with coconut so that is basically what Me, Jane smells like on me, at first...I was very pleasantly surprised...since I thought it might have smelled bit like suntan lotion ...u know how alot of them, ok...some of them smell coconutty but in a bad way but Me, Jane was total yumminess...

Btw, you're review was funny...hehe :(

me jane, me out.

i was messing around in the online store to see how much of what was available... 'coulda been the whiskey, coulda been the beer', but it looks like 'me jane' is gonzo. not to start a panic, but yah. someone tell me i'm a sofa king, 'cause i wanted to order a bottle.

me not jane but me sad. me not buy on time.

:)

Send the ladies an email. They have informed us in the past, that we never know :blue_dancing_banana:

I am so sad that this one didnt work for my skin. I LOVE coconut scents and sun scents YUM! But the banana didnt agree and my skin amped it in an odd way. Glad that it is getting the love it so deserves. I almost wish I had kept some just to tempt myself...

EDIT to say: HEY CYBERIANHUSSY! there are three testers available if you are interested :)

Edited by Curiouschic

wot, wot?!!!

crap, i bet they're gone. even so, i have to wait until next week before i can order; i want the march releases and some candles and lotion! i need a second income!!!!

hmmm. i was so looking forward to loving me jane. it's just not doing it for me.

i got a sample of it in my order earlier this week.

i can't smell bananas at all on my skin. zilch. there's a whiff of them in the vial, but on my skin i just get a mapley smell. nothing tropical smelling, no coconuts.

at least i didn't fall in love with me jane, as it's out.

too many other delicious ones at Lp that i adore.

wonder if it's the TAH and EOW that make this smell so maple-like on my skin?