Announcement re Sugared Collection, Sale, and Schedule

Potion Master

Ok, have come to decision today, based upon the OVERWHELMING response for the Sugared Collection.

Out of the 125 we have offered, already 102 have been ordered, with the list growing every day.

I honestly did not expect the variety of orders...I think I expected to make closer to 75 in the end, but I am very pleased with the range of different kinds of scents people are interested in. The same goes for the sale this year too! A much wider range of interest than usual - people stepping out of just the foody realm and into more daring scents. I'm quite proud of everyone for that! :D

I mentioned at the start of this all I would only brew what had been ordered, but the number of different ones ordered is so vast, that I realized I am not going to have time to do a September set as usual. The Sugars are coming out sooo great, soooo awesome, I really want to devote my time to getting these right, and as fast as possible to get them to everyone. So, halting everything to work on a Sept set doesn't make sense.

The sale goes halfway through September, people can catch up on their wishlists and get all the Sugars they want, and I'll be back with a kick ass new collection of Autumnal and Halloweenies for October.

Hope this is ok with everyone. Thanks so much for your understanding!

xoxox

You're so wonderful Mara! I've been drooling over the Sugared collection for days trying to pin down exactly which 10 I want and telling myself I can't possibly order again so soon, or can I? The extra time would be great for me too, not that you have to explain yourself as you do more than enough for us LP addicts as it is xx

That is so, so good to know! I have an ever growing list of sugareds and have yet to place my order! Thanks so much for your consideration, Mara, I'm looking forward to trying *everything* out!

This is fine with me Mara! I have not even BEGUN to order any Sugars yet and was just this morning wondering how I would be able to pull off my list of sugar wants and the NR too! Can not speak for everyone, but I am really relieved to hear this! :)

:yeahthat::) :) you rock with all you do,and hopefully this will be a tad less pressure for you :abfx:

Sounds great to me! I am totally crazy about the idea of the Sugareds (even though I haven't yet even smelled them!!) I already ordered a dozen different ones in August (the set of 10 that allows you to get 2 freebies). And depending on how that goes, I was thinking of placing another order in September for an additional dozen new Sugareds, so... that, along with the August Sale, is already going to keep me busy till October. So yes-- it would be great to hold off on the next set of New Releases till October, thank you Mara !!

I am thrilled that we get to focus on the sugareds for the coming month. I am thinking these will be so educational for me and will help me better understand individual notes and how they wear on me. The endless combinations of layering with my existing LPs and experimenting with just sugared combinations for possible PE requests is really exciting.

ETA: I want them all !

Edited by seajammarket

Sounds great to me! I am totally crazy about the idea of the Sugareds (even though I haven't yet even smelled them!!) I already ordered a dozen different ones in August (the set of 10 that allows you to get 2 freebies). And depending on how that goes, I was thinking of placing another order in September for an additional dozen new Sugareds, so... that, along with the August Sale, is already going to keep me busy till October. So yes-- it would be great to hold off on the next set of New Releases till October, thank you Mara !!

Hey Silkilocks - that is great idea - how did you specify that in order - to get the dozen - i.e. which sampler did you ask for? Not that I can buy yet... but... soooo want to buy as soon as possible. :D

So I have a dumb question - but I'll ask bc my brain cells are tired anyhow- is there a sugar sample that can be ordered - ala like the month sampler? If not makes totaly sense. I haven't even looked into ordering yet but I know I won't be able to stop myself once I start looking and adding things to my cart..... absolutely no will power if I get to that stage. :D

I think because there are so many sugareds to choose from and the incredible low introductory price of 15.00 for the smallest size there would be no sample size availables at this time. Which means you can collect all 100 for a very low price.

ACT NOW BEFORE THIS OFFER IS GONE FOREVERRRRRRR

I don't know actually, I am a bit obsessed with infomercials. I love how they only give you 10 minutes to call and they'll throw in 2 magic bullets with a stapler and chair for the cost of Shipping and Handling..

It's not a dumb question at all BG! But LV is correct in that there are neither sample sizes nor a sampler set coming out. Probably because there are so damn many and also because they are fairly simple mixes.

I think because there are so many sugareds to choose from and the incredible low introductory price of 15.00 for the smallest size there would be no sample size availables at this time. Which means you can collect all 100 for a very low price.

ACT NOW BEFORE THIS OFFER IS GONE FOREVERRRRRRR

I don't know actually, I am a bit obsessed with infomercials. I love how they only give you 10 minutes to call and they'll throw in 2 magic bullets with a stapler and chair for the cost of Shipping and Handling..

And then they'll also throw in like a random umbrella, lounging chair with cup holder AND if you act exactly NOW they'll throw in a houseplant, a cat, and some air freshener and only charge you like $20 a month for the rest of your life. haaaaaaaaaaa

It's not a dumb question at all BG! But LV is correct in that there are neither sample sizes nor a sampler set coming out. Probably because there are so damn many and also because they are fairly simple mixes.

Very cool - thanks Halo. I've literally been playing ostrich with this so that I don't order anything yet. So I didn't know @ the sizes and how reasonable costs are. Thanks for info!!

And then they'll also throw in like a random umbrella, lounging chair with cup holder AND if you act exactly NOW they'll throw in a houseplant, a cat, and some air freshener and only charge you like $20 a month for the rest of your life. haaaaaaaaaaa

I love the extras they throw in because it encourages hoarding.

I love the extras they throw in because it encourages hoarding.

Yea it does!! :666:

But the sugars are going to be permanent, right? At least for the immediate future. I'm kind of freaking because I have bottles I must get before they are gone for good. It made me nervous to hear some of the sugared releases were running out or low!

Edited by StacyK

If this is the wrong place, feel free to delete my post. I'm a newbie to sugareds and would love to know what that actually means. What is done to the essential oil ? How does it change the vibration/intent ? And do most people add several sugared notes together to create a complex sweet blend or do people add them to existing blends more often to lift/brighten/whatever that blend ?

If this is the wrong place, feel free to delete my post. I'm a newbie to sugareds and would love to know what that actually means. What is done to the essential oil ? How does it change the vibration/intent ? And do most people add several sugared notes together to create a complex sweet blend or do people add them to existing blends more often to lift/brighten/whatever that blend ?

This is from the LPMP Layerables Order Page: Sugared layerables - simple sweetened accords constructed from multiple sources to create the absolute essence of a particular "note" which you can then layer with other notes to create endless possibilities! Be creative and experiment with different layers...go fun and flirty, bold and beautiful, cute and casual, sassy and sexy...with so many choices the only limit is your own imagination!

You can also read more about them here from what I understand you can do both of the things you suggested with the layerables(hence the name) you can use them to build your own scents or enhance existing blends, I'm sure some of the forum veterans can better explain them since I've yet to actually use any(can't wait!)

Who said any were low? I am brewing according to demand, and still in the process of getting through the list!

Anyone wanna guess which ones are the most requested?

I'm guessing Pure Sugar is on the top of the list, Sugared Bonfire, the musks, and maybe patchouli?

What is done to the essential oil ? How does it change the vibration/intent ?

I'm not sure what you are referring to here. LP Perfumes are not essential oils, though some may contain essential oils as an ingredient. Essential oils are made by distilling all the volatile chemicals from a particular plant species (and perhaps a particular plant body part). By themselves, they don't make good perfumes because they lack base notes, so they don't last very long.

And do most people add several sugared notes together to create a complex sweet blend or do people add them to existing blends more often to lift/brighten/whatever that blend ?

RE: the typical use of the sugareds. I think people do both. I know I have always used sugared honeycomb on its own and added to all kinds of other kinds of scents. I have also used sugared apricots layered with LP original and some other things with the LP base, because that base mixture has apricot in it, and sometimes my skin chemistry eats it up and starts amping the patchouli. So one of the nice thing about the sugareds is that they allow the user to fine tune a fragrance to her/his individual chemistry.

Who said any were low? I am brewing according to demand, and still in the process of getting through the list!

My guess is Pure Sugar, Vanilla, Birthday Cake, and the fruit ones.

I'm going to guess Sugared Apricots is one of the popular ones. Pure Sugar of course but that's been around all the while. I still have half a bottle.

I thought someone mentioned something to that effect or maybe it's the way I understood the post.

I think it's in the other thread.

Edited by StacyK

Requested since you launched the new collection you mean? Because the ones you made permanent from the previous collection were the ones you've always sold the most of, right? Sugar, Cream, Roses, Patchouli, Amber and Frank n'Myrrh. But from the new collection I'd bet maybe some of the ones which have been long lusted-after like the musks, Bonfire, maybe Pears and Peaches (I had been wanting Pears since forever).