Sugared Melons

Beccah

AD1-SugMelons.jpg

Sugared Melons

* A perfect blend of Honeydew and Cantaloupe melons, gently sweetened with my blend of five sugars, with a nudge towards the pink.

• 1 month later...

This is the first of the new Sugared Layerables that I have tried. I bought a set of 12 for $150 and randomly picked this one first. I like Sugared Melons. It is warm, pleasant, gentle, soothing, sweet but not too sweet, and interesting. It gets even better with time.

Edited by Silkilocks

As I've said before, I have contracted Melon Madness. :D

This is a wonderful blending to satisfy my melon cravings: refreshing and sweet, but only enough to provide the juicy quality, this is not a candied melon scent. It becomes a bit tart in the drydown for me, but I don't consider that a bad thing. This will be an eternal spring/summer favorite - I'm looking forward to layering this with Sugared Mint and Sugared Watermelon, but I also think it would be faboo with notes like Cucumber and Linen.

• 4 weeks later...

OH YEAH! This IS sugared melons. Sweet, light, refreshing - this will be great in a spray! I would love to smell this all around the house, all over the throw pillow so tat when I curl up on the couch THIS will be the scent I cuddle up to. Bright and candy like. Mmm!

• 1 month later...

Wet, this almost made me cry, it was so delicious! Fresh wet juicy melon. For those who loved Summer Belle, this is a must-have. My only sadness is that relatively quickly after drydown it gets so soft and delicate it's barely there. But I just use that as an excuse to keep slathering.

BTW, I tested this on one hand and Sugared Grasses on the other and the combo kind of blew my mind.

• 1 month later...

Wet, this almost made me cry, it was so delicious! Fresh wet juicy melon. For those who loved Summer Belle, this is a must-have. My only sadness is that relatively quickly after drydown it gets so soft and delicate it's barely there. But I just use that as an excuse to keep slathering.

BTW, I tested this on one hand and Sugared Grasses on the other and the combo kind of blew my mind.

Oh, like the sound of that combo.

Also, add up Melons, grasses, linen and maybe a tiny smidge of Earth and you have crisp linens hanging outside. I love the contrasting idea/scent of the nature outside aromas with a clean soft cotton shirt. OH! my first summer PE me thinks.

Oh, like the sound of that combo.

Also, add up Melons, grasses, linen and maybe a tiny smidge of Earth and you have crisp linens hanging outside. I love the contrasting idea/scent of the nature outside aromas with a clean soft cotton shirt. OH! my first summer PE me thinks.

PLEASE MAKE THIS!!!!!!! That sounds beyond amazing! :-)

ETA: And duh, I actually have all those sugareds on hand so will try that combo out at some point when I am not testing a NR sampler!

Edited by Blackcat

PLEASE MAKE THIS!!!!!!! That sounds beyond amazing! :-)

ETA: And duh, I actually have all those sugareds on hand so will try that combo out at some point when I am not testing a NR sampler!

Yea, I wrote it down in my journal I added just a waft of sea salt air in the distance. I called it Rhode Island Laundry :)

Linen! I keep forgetting about Linen! I want SO many....SO many.....

Sugared Melons is a juicy, sweet, "PLEASE remind me of summer cuz I'm SO done with this cold weather already" fragrance :D I thought I would LOVE Honeydew, and I DO, but I was surprised to prefer this one. Mmmm, juicy goodness...

• 2 years later...

When I put this on I feel a great big George Takei "Oh my!".

So sweet & sexy on its own.

But, this is a great layering partner for so many sugareds or other scents.

Just add a few dabs to sugared Lotus or MAGNOLIA and WOW. Sweet and pretty. If you use a light hand SM blends so well it creates a new gently nuanced scent. So pretty and.. really sexy.

eta

It is fun when I get the question, "you smell so good, what are you wearing"? "SUGARED MELONS!" ?

Edited by StacyK