Sugared White Musk

Beccah

AD5-SugWhiteMusk2.jpg

Sugared White Musk

* A soft musk, what many call a skin musk. Four lovely white musk oils from around the globe, combined with my blend of five sugars, and a spot of vanilla...the key to creating a perfect "skin" musk in my opinion, is to lace it with a touch of vanilla to add warmth.

• WHITE MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
  • SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

• 3 weeks later...

In the bottle, it is exactly as it says it is: a light musk sweetened with sugar. On my skin, it was actually a bitmore perfume-like than i expected. It's clean (but not soapy) skin. On its own, it is a wonderful, light musky scent for when you want an unobtrusive fragrance, and I can see myself wearing this a lot for that! But it's when I layered it that I really got that "skin musk" feel that I adore. :hearts0425: I want to layer this with EVERYTHING!!

• 4 weeks later...

This is just a little too light (read feminine) on my skin. It is a very light musk with what seems almost like a light vanilla scent. Not a bad scent - just too light on me.

ETA:

I played with it a little more and while it is still light on me, I get the impression this would be the perfect musk for a woman to match with any of the florals or fruits in the sugared line. This musk would certainly give any of the florals or fruits a depth, a definite feel of the woman under the floral.

Edited by quietguy

This is my favorite musk type by far, and one of my top five "Sugared Wants". :) I have lots of different versions of white musk, and though I've smelled Maras version of it IN things, I'm excited to get to sniff it in its mostly pure state now. Yay!!

It's one of the comfiest scents in the world to me, can't wait to get my mitts on this!

Sparkly, crystalline, makes me think of a single silver bell being rung. A very "signature LP" scent to me as it brings to mind things like spider silk and snow musk. Lasted almost 24 hours! Thought of those of you though who talk about white musk being "piercing"- it doesn't come off that way to me but I can see what you are talking about and you will not enjoy this one. This would be great with cotton or linen ....

I am learning that I am a musk lover...Pink Musk was my first sugared because I love everything pink...I decided to get White Musk because it just sounded so delish! Well, I must confess that I am loving the White Musk even more than the Pink!! I'm not very good with describing, but let me say that it is light and fresh and has a beautiful and elegant quality about it...I think this would layer nicely with so many things and at the same time it would be perfect on its own!! For any musk lovers...it is a must try!! I'm so happy I got this!!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

i rec'd a tiny sniffie of this as a freebie from Molls -- and I can't thank her enough! I LOVELOVELOVE this! It is a very simple, elegant scent -- sweet but not sticky, light but sticks close to my skin and lasts forever. A little goes a long way for me, a drop on my cleavage, and a drop split between by wrists and I can catch little whiffs of scent all day long. It lifts my spirits to smell this on me. I need to figure my budget to include this in my next order. :)

• 9 months later...

I love Mara's white musk.. this is really pretty, it smells like Pure Sugar with just a hint of white musk. It stays pretty close to the skin, and is one of those great "I just smell good naturally" kind of scents. I had a bottle and traded it away, but I may end up getting another one, lol

• 4 weeks later...

Got this now (thanks Pherengineer!) Yay!

I'm sort of a white musk collector. I have all kinds of brands this stuff from Jovan drugstore to Arabian attar,my love began back in the mid 90's when the Body Shop and Jovan's version came on the scene and the kids went wild! Particularly the goth kids that I ran with. The club we went to was called Club 911, there were cages hanging from the ceiling,smoke machines pumping out technicolor steam, lots of vinyl and latex holographic suits,and the kids convulsing to Nine Inch Nails,Front 242 and Skinny Puppy....and believe it or not, these dark souls scent of choice? White Musk (and China Rain,Huge back then. I always thought it was kind of funny,but hey I wore it too. At the club and after,haunting Denny's diner,driving the poor servers nuts with our orders of coffee and not much else(hey,we were 16 man! ;) ),clouds of this stuff was permeating everything,rising to the rafters. Those were the days,by golly.

These days, I'm a momma, and white musk goes just as well if not -better- with THAT sort of vibe. I was really excited to see what LP's version was like isolated, and it's wonderful! Clean,smooth and a bit sweet,as comforting as momma's hug(or your old pair of Doc's). This version is a tad subtle but thats ok, It lasts on the skin forever and I enjoy the sweet aspect of it very much. Good one!

• 2 months later...

This turned out to be very soft and light on my skin. I was hoping it has a little more throw but it turned out to be very soft and light on me. I should have expected that since it's the sugared range. It's definitely something which I can use at work, meals or shopping as it's not intrusive and nothing scream out loud that one is wearing a perfume. I get quite a fine balance of powdery sugar and vanilla behind the musk.

• 7 months later...

I decided to try my S. White Musk again last week in order to see if it had changed with age. WOW!! This was a fav of mine when it first came out, but now it is even more fabulous!!!!! It has more depth now and also a sort of seductive vibe to it. True love!! :)

• 6 years later...
  • 10 months later...

I love this on me, its very light and its a good base to add other sugar blends to... I have worn this with Sugared Orchid, Lilies, Peony and Pineapple.  This is really just a beautiful light and airy blend...I love the sugar collection so much and I hope one day it comes back