Sugared Oakmoss

Beccah

AD1-SugOakMoss.jpg

Sugared Oak Moss

* Oak Moss is the base of the scent of baby powder, yet many people find it masculine on it's own. I decided to skew it a touch more feminine for this blend, lacing it with white, pink and caramelized sugars. Absolutely gorgeous, the kind of scent that smells like what you want your skin to smell like naturally. Bare, sweet and silky.

• SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
  • OAK MOSS~Luck, Money, Protection, & Strength

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, yeah it's confirmed I love oakmoss. Never smelled it alone and got this to be sure. Now I'm sure. It's warm, rich, multidimensional, and a little like musk. I would swear there is vanilla and cotton in this, a thick plush soft white cotton. Just divine.

• 1 month later...

Ok, yeah it's confirmed I love oakmoss. Never smelled it alone and got this to be sure. Now I'm sure. It's warm, rich, multidimensional, and a little like musk.

What Tyvey said. I have tried four different sugared variants now and they are all very multidimensional. These are not "one note wonders" - you can sense different versions of the oak moss and then the "sugared" effect on top of it. You could wear this alone or certainly use it as a layer in your own "out-doorsy" scent.

ETA:

This layers very well with Sugared Green Musk, Greenery, Pine Needles and Smoke for a masculine outdoors scent.

Another combination: Sugared Egyptian Musk, Black Pepper, Green Tea, & Woods

Edited by quietguy

I got Sugared Oak Moss for two reasons...because "New" is one of my favorite perfumes and because I wanted to know what Oak Moss smelled like on its own. It is unbelievably beautiful! I can understand why is has been described as powdery or velvety...I always thought that it being moss, there would be greenish quality about it, but it's not that AT ALL!! I can understand why so many perfumers choose to use it in their perfumes...it would layer nicely with so many herbs, flowers, musks, etc or it would be great alone!! I couldn't stop smelling my arm with this one and after a night of sleeping I could still smell that beautiful oak moss on my arm in the morning!! I'm really wanting to use this in some PEs!! :)

Yup, this is what I loved in the old Teddy Man blend... I could never wear that LP on ME, but I feel like I *can* wear this 'blend of mosses', which makes me happy! It would make a really nice night-time snuggly scent.

• 2 weeks later...

I suspected I liked oak moss because I'm captivated by OCCO Blue so when sugared oak moss made the list it was a no brainer and OH MY WOW is this a fascination to me. It's clean but it's not foo-foo, it's powdery but not baby powder (even if it IS the base for baby powder) and THIS is SO not masculine! I completely understand the skin scent idea, the more I huff it the more I can see this is exactly that. A nice clean warm skin scent :purr:

I LOVE Oak Moss. I love it so freakin' much! I actually play with it often because it grows on a lot of things in our forest and it's pretty magical. Mara's Oak Moss note is wonderful!!! I have some Oak Moss absolute that is dark and gooey and intense. I treasure and use it VERY sparingly in aromatherapy. Mara told me a long time ago that the true absolute can do some pretty nasty things to people who are sensitive to it, so she uses an accord of it for her customers' health. :heart: And you know what? It's BANG ON. And I mean perfectly bang on!!! I have the absolute and the Sugared Oak Moss on side by side right now. They smell the SAME. Except...the Sugared is truly the nicer of the two because, well, SUGAR. Hee! Here is yet ANOTHER Sugared that I need in large quantity. People keep commenting that these "single notes" have incredible depth and beauty and don't really need to be mixed. I totally agree...although the possibilities *are* endless and seductive. YUMMY!!!!

:burning-heart::burning-heart::burning-heart:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 2 weeks later...

I had never tried Oak Moss on it's own. I was very excited to try this one. I was so surprised by it. It doesn't remind me of baby powder either. It seems so much more complex to me than that. I've mixed it with some other Sugared scents but I really like this on its own.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am going to have to second ElizabethOsp' s sentiments on this one. I love Oak moss, I really do and this smells so very close to the genuine thing, that I would be hard pressed to distinguish between this and the real thing. As for me, I can not wear Oakmoss neat, but it is an ingredient that is present in many complex and classic commercial fragrances that I tend to favor. Widely used in Oriental blends and others, it is very much a unisex scent. I would like this on a man either on its own or blended with other layerables. Leather would be amazing! I have many experiments in mind for this one! Brilliantly done Mara!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I have been wearing this more and more often, frequently by itself (which I didn't expect to do when I first ordered it). As far as "skin scents," Caramel Musk is subtly sexy in a slinky sort of way while Oakmoss is like its more casually sensual unisex cousin.

• 6 months later...

I love this one. I can't believe I have not reviewed it yet. So here I am, at the end.

I knew I'd love this. I tend to love most oakmoss dominated scents.

Gorgeous silky Oakmoss, such a soft skinscent blended with just tbe right type of complimentary sugars.

I want to show some skin when I wear this. "Bare, Sweet & Silky" is exactly right. I thought I'd layer this more often. It does partner well with many Sugareds. But this is stunning & demure all on its own. :heart:

Edited by StacyK

• 1 year later...

Wow. I dismissed Sugared Oakmoss because I didn't like it on me, never thought to try it on my man. We were discussing a few scents and trying to isolate the note his skin doesn't agree 

with, as he likes Tonka Musk in the bottle, but wearing it makes him feel like "he's a carpenter, sweating while sleeping in a pile of wood chips." Anywho, I put Sugared Oakmoss on him just to rule it out. Crazy thing- it smells really rich on him! That's the Oakmoss I was expecting, not what it turned to on me. And as he sits here, watching the recorded qualifying races for the Singapore Grand Prix, he just smells sexier and sexier. I don't know who's going to win the Grand Prix in Singapore, but I know who's gonna win around here....

This means his box that holds 25 rollerball bottles is no longer big enough! It's not that he has over 25, but all slots are used including his samples. I had a feeling this day would come. The box we both have variants of, (mine holds 96) also comes in a 36. He's been reluctant to cross the line to a bigger box, but these things happen. Plus @Potion Master will be making some dastardly delicious manly Weenies soon enough. 

He could totally wear this Sugared Oakmoss on it's own. I just offered to spike it with a Charisma pherotine and he said "I don't need Charisma when I smell this good." Alright then. Better go order that box and take Sugared Oakmoss off my trade list. I wonder what he'd smell like in Sugared Oud....

• 3 months later...

Hmmm. Well I just came on here to tell you how good Sugared Oakmoss smells on my man. Looks like I already did that. It morphs into something almost spicy on him. Was there ever a Sugared Teakwood? I'd love to smell them together.