Sugared Orchid

Beccah

AD1-SugOrchid.jpg

Sugared Orchid

* A favorite flower of mine, it pairs fabulously with sugars cuz it's so edible smelling already! I used a trio of gorgeous orchid varieties and melded them with sugars of pink, brown and white...with the emphasis on the pink.

• 1 month later...

Sugared Orchid was one of the first sugareds I tried. I consider myself an orchid "ho" since finding LPMP and this one did not let me down!! It is rich and beautiful..very elegant!! I would say it could be layered with other sugareds, if desired, but I want to wear this one all by itself..I think adding anything else would take away from its fabulousness!! I would definitely recommend Sugared Orchids to any lovers of florals and especially lovers of orchids...:)

• 1 year later...

I had a sample vial of the original version and this version smells very similar. It definitely reminds me of Jo Anna's Orchid de Peche which was one of my favourite when I first found LP.

I was really worried about the brown sugar as I tend to amp it in other scents but this didn't happen. This is very strong, sweet and feminine but a little too loud for me to use at work in the education industry. Maybe, I should just dab lightly the next time or perhaps I'll layer it with some Pure Sugar to tone it down a notch.

• 3 months later...

I cant believe I have not reviewed this.

This is one of my absolute favorites of the Sugared line. it's just beautiful. Like an amazingly, naturally beautiful woman. Is it that she's just so beautiful or is it that she doesn't try to hard, there's a simplicity that's both simple and not simple at all.

So very elegant. I feel like I sparkle when I wear this.

Edited by StacyK

Stacyk, I have not yet tried this one. I love the orchid in Jouir De. I think it was Tyvey, not sure, suggested that I try layering this with either SLF or Eye of the Moggie. Both of these are pretty strong on me, which I love, but do you, or anyone else, think that the sheerness of the Sugared Orchid would hold its own layered with the more opaque SLF or Eye of the Moggie? I always need to get very, very creative if I want to wear florals.

• 2 months later...

Oh, this is a good one and I am not a floral lover. But with these Sugared florals, it seems to be the only thing I want to wear. I really don't know what orchids smell like, but this a beautiful sweet floral. The sugar tempers the floral. It is sweet, but not in a sweet sickening floral way; its more like edible. The sugars are so good. My son came downstairs and said "Umm...what smells good?" I replied, "It's me, it's Sugared Orchids." And if you want some cake, you must try Fairy Cake: Orchid. Also own, also good. I haven't tried all the Sugared florals, but this has to be one of the best ones. Orchids seem to be magical flower. Sorry, I realize this is not too helpful. I can only say it was worth the try.

• 5 years later...

Orchid is my all time favorite note, I think I own most of Mara's blends with this note...I stocked up when I saw that this one was low in stock and thankfully I still have about 4 bottles left.  I love Sugared Orchid on me as it's so sophisticated and refined on me.  I'm not a huge floral lover but I just adore how this blend has such staying power on me. 

I love the simplicity of the sugared line, but this amazing Sugared Orchid is so complex on me and whenever I wear it I always get compliments on how beautiful I smell... I truly love this one so much and I hope to see more blends in the future with orchid in it...