Sugared Vanilla Velvet

Beccah

AD1-SugVanVelvet.jpg

Sugared Vanilla Velvet

* A conglomeration of the type of vanillas I use when I want a "non-foody" vanilla....vanilla warmth, without the foody-ness. A more perfumey vanilla, that blends well with almost any other perfumey note. This is the elegant side of vanilla. I blended this with complimentary sugars - white and powdered.

• 4 weeks later...

This one is gorgeous! I actually think it may be my fave of the sugared vanillas. It's a complex, non-foody vanilla that smells like a finished perfume rather than a single scent note to be layered. It's perfumey in the sense that it's got a very soft, silky musky base note which is beautifully melded with the vanilla. It reminds me a lot of Sensual Harmony and the old limited edition white musk :)

Absolutely gorgeous! I may need to start hoarding...

Wow I really like this one. ( well I like all of my sugared scents but I am going to load up on this one for sure) Great alone or with anything. I think I will wear it alone most of the time because I love the scent so much. Just a light scent but one that I can't get enough of at the moment.

Still loving this one. I think the fact it is non-foody vanilla ( or a mix of them) is really nice. I love any kind of vanilla but sometimes really look for the non-foody ones. I layered this with some sugared white musk with a touch of sugared egyptian musk and was in heaven. Complex and simple at the same time. It seems to go well with any of the "un" phero blends I have. I will be making a to-go bottle of this mix for my purse.

I was really surprised at how upscale this smells. It's very sophisticated and wears like a complex blend rather than something very simple. I didn't expect for it to have as many dimensions as it does. It's like one of those prism things that you hang in the sun and it shoots off a rainbow of colors. That is the feeling that I got when I tried this on. It's very sophisticated and smooth. Very elegant and refined- just lke the lovely lady in the label. Expect that ~ gorgeous cheekbones and all! Very very nice and vestalile like when you want to class up other scents, take em up a notch- Not saying that LPs are Hoocheville - but like me if you wear daisy dukes on the weekends and flip flops because it's a fucking thousand degrees here, and you want to smell pretty - wear this and some red lipstick then you feel better about the fact that you are wearing a stained shirt and unlaundered shorts.

Mara says: "A conglomeration of the type of vanillas I use when I want a "non-foody" vanilla... vanilla warmth, without the foody-ness. A more perfumey vanilla, that blends well with almost any other perfumey note. This is the elegant side of vanilla. I blended this with complementary sugars - white and powdered."

Yes. Very elegant, almost soft and powdery. Not overpowering at all. More like "I just smell this awesome naturally.." I think this would go well with a lot of the other scents, especially when you want to come across as more polished and put-together.

Wow, this is a velvety, vanilla with a silky, perfumey, powdered finish.

I'm reminded of " Fleur de Vanille" not exactly but a similar finish.

I can't wait to layer this with a few other Sugareds and florals. Very classic powdered, vanilla. It almost has a floral character.

I really like this. A wear anywhere, anytime scent.

I'll also add that, on me, this is very long lasting. Love it! :)

Edited by StacyK

I am having bad luck with the vanillas. I don't care for this one at all. It's strong and in your face. It smells cheap to me. *ducks*

Isn't that funny when you just can't like something that's popular. I know the feeling.

This one is strong, I wonder if it will soften with age. I ordered a 1/6 bottle of the Vanilla Bean, that's the one in excited to try. After my love if Nola a slightly boozy vanilla sounded good.

Powdery and almost floral but also surprisingly creamy and dense (??) once on the skin. Reminds me a lot of lp silver for some reason. Also the Grown Up Lady blends like Who's That Lady. Another one that gives me no urge to layer- very much a completed thing until itself - but I can't picture a floral that wouldn't be wonderful with it. Esp maybe violet or lavender.

• 1 month later...

Ohhh wow.. this is just lovely. Upon application, I honestly have to fight the urge to wipe it off immediately! But I resisted and within perhaps 15 to 20 minutes it began to unfold and reveal its true and beautiful self. How to do this justice with words? It is as others have said, perfumey, powdery, sweet ( of course), sheer, and elegant.

Even though this is a layerable, this has many layers in and of itself to my nose. It is complex in its own right and would be gorgeous and very feminine on its own. I automatically wonder how this would meld with a sheer skin musk. Hmmm.. in terms of mixing with UN pheros, I can easily see this pairing wonderfully with Lace, EST, or throwing a bit of a contradiction into the mix and wearing it with LFM even.

This invokes the image of a wealthy, sophisticated lady's lingerie drawer, filled with expensive, lacey, sheer, sexy, silky, beautul things. Things that are kept , for the most part, underneath, but beckon to be experienced. Let me just say that Mara excelled with the level of elegance in this Sugared and it is VERY aptly named. I *love* it! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So glad I included a bottle of this in my last order. I love Vanilla in general and of late I have been favouring the more foody, cupcake smells. But I decided to get this one as I wanted a more...grown up vanilla. This is it, this is what I wanted. It is light and powdery but unmistakably vanilla and I'm really liking it's elegance. I also have sugared cherry blossom and I have a feeling these two will blend well together.

• 3 months later...

Of all the vanilla sugareds, this one is the most like a heady perfume on me. I tried layering it with some others and it totally dominated the blend, much like Guerlain's spiritueuse double vanille which is very elegant but strong. It's nice, but I really love Sugared Vanilla Bean as an all-around perfect layerable vanilla that enhances, rather than bulldozes over anything else I have on with it.

I have played with this elegant smelling Vanilla and blended it with coconut, loved that, then went further and added some Sugared Birthday Cake to it. *Very* nice! It came across sort of like a sheer ,perfumey Vanilla Coconut Cake. Wendylynne, the Dreamcicle idea is awesome! I think it would stand in well for any light vanilla where you might want something just a bit more sophisticated. A good one for those who are not fans of overtly foody scents.

• 3 months later...

I was debating between getting an unsniffed fb of this or Sugared Vanilla Bean and went for this in the end due to the reviews that this is a perfumery vanilla. It smells rather familiar, along the Fleur de Vanille or A Treasure of Silver. However, on dry down, the scent turned a little 'sour' and I'm uncertain if vanilla is the culprit. I'm going try it again and if things doesn't work out, I'll probably wear it on my clothes instead of my skin.

• 7 months later...

This smells like vanilla and earth on me. It's a very good fit as I normally wear more earthy scents. The sweetness ads a bit a feminity for me. So far I'm liking it and the hubby gives it a thumbs up too.

• 3 years later...

Have been trying to rotate light floral scents where possible since the weather got much warmer and more humid since the end of March. 

This one hasn't got much love from me in the last 5 years. It's beautiful but has something sharp poking at my nose. Maybe I don't get along well with the powdery vibe but I can smell the vanilla peeking from behind.