Sugared Woods

Beccah

AD1-SugWoods.jpg

Sugared Woods

* Can woods smell delicious? I think they can! A beautiful bouquet of various woods - Teak, Mahogany, Oak and Cedar - given a lightly sweetened Autumnal spin with lightly spiced caramelized sugars and soft white sugars too.

• SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
  • WOODS~Fertility, reliability, balancing, grounding, protection, money

• 1 month later...

Sugared woods gives you a what is promised in the title: woods. No one type of wood stands out on my skin although it is definitely woods. This is exactly as described above: a "woods" scent that is more woods than garden or soft stemmed plants. While this might be considered a unisex scent, I think it goes more masculine although I am sure a female could soften it up with one of the sugared florals or perhaps one of the musks for an exotic female scent.

I use this with a combination of Sugared Green Musk, Greenery, Pine Needles, Oak Moss & Smoke.

Note: If you want a scent that is more garden or soft-stemmed plants, then go with Sugared Greenery.

ETA: Because I was drinking corn alcohol (legal moonshine) when writing this with all the associated bad spelling and half sentences. Don't drink and review!

Edited by quietguy

• 2 weeks later...

I am in awe and in love this scent. The longer I wear it, the deeper the woods scent becomes. It's beautiful.

I have a such a strong connection to trees. I was born in notheren Minnesota, into a woodworking family. My family owned a sawmill, which was a playground for me and my sisters when we were little. This scent brings up memories of playing in sawdust piles, helping my dad work on cabinets, walking through woods and being taught what each tree was, chopping wood for our furnice. One of my nicknames is even Tree. I own tree art and draw and paint them more than anything else. They are so important in my life, so full of beauty, love, wisdom, and magic. This scent, to me, has captured some of the tree magic in the bottle, and with a subtle kiss of sweetness on top.

I have mixed this with some musk and floral scents, which is very beautiful. I'm already thinking of other scents I could mix in to make it a bit more feminine. I'm going to enjoy experimenting with this scent!

I am not really into forest scents, but had to get the one Sugared that has my face on it. It is nice and very unsurprisingly woodsy, with huge throw. Also smells clean and quite sharp. I'd actually love to smell it on a guy, but for me it is too masculine. Even tried to soften it with Sugared white musk, that is extremely pretty and fem, but even then i need to go very light on Woods to keep the combo from turning masculine. I don't know if it's the wood notes or the sugar that feels sharp.

Well, if I won't figure how to make it work for me, I'll probably just gift it to my boyfriend.

Sugared woods gives you a what is promised in the title: woods. No one type of wood stands out on my skin although it is definitely woods. This is exactly as described above: a "woods" scent that is more woods than garden or soft stemmed plants. While this might be considered a unisex scent, I think it goes more masculine although I am sure a female could soften it up with one of the sugared florals or perhaps one of the musks for an exotic female scent.

I use this with a combination of Sugared Green Musk, Greenery, Pine Needles, Oak Moss & Smoke.

Note: If you want a scent that is more garden or soft-stemmed plants, then go with Sugared Greenery.

ETA: Because I was drinking corn alcohol (legal moonshine) when writing this with all the associated bad spelling and half sentences. Don't drink and review!

It is a really helpful review. Thanks for making the distinction between these woods and the Sugared Greenery.

This comes off a little masculine on me. Very woodsy of course. The sugars soften it up so it can be a Uni scent. I tried it with green musk and I didn't quite get the woods/forest vibe I was hoping for. I did however feel like I was wearing a woodsy, green perfume from the 80's I can't remember the name but it was one of those very green, woody designer scents (for women) from back then. Don't think it's around anymore.

Next up, I have to try it out with a not to crisp floral.

• 1 year later...

This scent works for me, I love rich earthy, woodsy scents but don't want to smell too masculine. This starts out very clean and woodsy on me but with 15-30 minutes it's softens up nicely. A couple of hours and it's mostly sugar with a hint of woods underneath. I've always had a bit of forest fairy vibe and my go to fragrance is usually an amber. I'm enjoying this enough that I have no desire to layer it and my hubby loves it on me as well.

• 5 years later...

Good Morning ! This was a freebie with my most recent order. I had gotten my hubby a spray of Heartwood and this beauty was also snuggled into the cardboard box. My husband is forever talking about scents being too soapy for him, so when he actually commented favorably on Heartwood, I jumped at the chance. I let him open the Sugar Woods 'just to try it too' and behold ! He loves it too ! With the lack of vanilla and oakmoss in here, it has that "I'm in the middle of the woods camping and hiking and having a good time" sort of vibe. No smokiness. Just a simple scent without becoming too linear. This certainly was not on my radar but it's so fun when someone else in my life loves something from this store as much as I do. He will likely wear this on its own or combine with Heartwood. I'm loving it on him, a nature scent that doesn't demand too much of my attention to figure out. Bravo !

I bought a full-sized of this in a previous sale because I do love many wood-based scents and I was such a fan of the previous Sugared collection's Sugared Forest.  I had to put it away because at the time the mahogany was way too strong on me.  Now I feel like it's settled down into a really nice blending of the wood notes.  I primarily get the cedar and mahogany.  The sugars aren't too evident, just softening the edges of the woods.  I feel like this would layer well with Sugared Bonfire.