Dosage suggestions and question for the Gals

Thrilled so far. Placed order for a bunch of Trials on Aug 21 and they arrived in Michigan today. Excellent service and help answering questions so far. Now that I have 16 different smells to try, is there a suggestion on how much I use at a time? I will most likely be tipping the vial upside down onto my fingertip and applying with finger. Sorry, I like saying finger.

How many dabs is suggested to use? I have both phero enhanced and non-phero scents. Should I simply apply to my smell estimations or is there a suggested amount?

Gals - you are sooo enthusiastic on these forums! Outstanding...and fun to read. I have read many posts in the men's forums.

My question is, with so many women's scents listed on here (something like 300 or so?), why are so many women wearing the men's scents? You truly have enough to choose from I would think. It is adorable, but I am just curious. You would never catch a guy wearing women's perfume.

I have counted 71 options listed for men. The descriptions for all of these are incredible. I truly get hungry reading them. My stuff got here today and I only sniffed the vial and didn't even open one yet and they smell quite good. I know I haven't tried them on yet, but they do smell a little feminine at first sniff. We'll see though.

I am very positive, so take my question as curious. I just think with so many female options, how could you even get through all of those?

HappyGoSkillfully :-)

My question is, with so many women's scents listed on here (something like 300 or so?), why are so many women wearing the men's scents? You truly have enough to choose from I would think. It is adorable, but I am just curious. You would never catch a guy wearing women's perfume.

Because:

-1- You realize that the majority of men's scents sold by LPMP were created by a woman, right? Just sayin.'

-2- I enjoy men's fragrance, I always have. I was one of those people who wore Obsession for Men back in the day, for example.

-3- Ideas for men's scents seem to come easier for me than women's. I've had two PEs for my fella created and have collaborated on a couple of the unisex/men's scents for the catalog.

-4- Many women don't allow themselves to be limited by something as prosaic as gender expectations. I am a human being who might do any number of things. ;)

I wear them for the same reason I wear anything: because I like them!! In the women's' threads, I also suggest which of those I think a man could pull off.

As for dosage, I apply enough scent so that I have to look for it on myself, raise my wrist to my nose or stick my nose down my shirt. That amount varies depending on how heavy the scent has or how much it throws.

I haven't sampled any LP men's scents - yet as I'm newbie and still working thru my list. But I am tempted by a few.

For me, wearing a unisex or male scent in general can be very sexy. Kind of like wearing or keeping one of your boyfriend's shirts to sleep with because he's away or whatever. So agree with all posts above. And if a guy smells good, it's very alluring and you kinda want to keep that scent around I think.

I have found most of the unisex or men's scents I've tried actually become decidedly feminine on me. And each scent is always fascinating in its own right.

I like applying a bit on the sides/back of my neck, and then doing a "Mara-style lollipop" - running the perfume roller down my torso, around the bellybutton and up again towards cleavage (though I'm guessing you don't have much of that, lol!). Have fun with your new collection.

Because:

-1- You realize that the majority of men's scents sold by LPMP were created by a woman, right? Just sayin.'

-2- I enjoy men's fragrance, I always have. I was one of those people who wore Obsession for Men back in the day, for example.

-3- Ideas for men's scents seem to come easier for me than women's. I've had two PEs for my fella created and have collaborated on a couple of the unisex/men's scents for the catalog.

-4- Many women don't allow themselves to be limited by something as prosaic as gender expectations. I am a human being who might do any number of things. ;)

Thank you Luna. And welcome to the forum HGS.

Good answers Lasses,

And from people who don't even post much hahah!

Well, I think I am going to really like this joint. I'm all about variety and with my first go 'round I have 16 different scents to rock.

luna - my goodness - Obsession For Men! I still have almost an inch left in the bottom of a very, very old bottle left over from the old days. I also loved Obsession For Women - knee buckler for me.

I also smelled an amazing scent on a woman this weekend while out dancing. I was assuming it must have been a phero or something because I loved it. I asked her and she told me it was Belle Vie by Lancome. That smelled delicious on her! Anyone ever try that?

I was told I need to get my mits on Super, yes?

I bought myself the male sampler, thinking I would end up wearing most on myself. But it just didn't 'feel' like me, I felt like there was a man pressed up against me and it was a truly odd experience. So I gave the sampler to my hubby. Then I read a response by luna once how she puts a male blend on her bed, and I thought that was fabulous idea and I tried it. So now when I miss my hubby, I will dab some of whatever he recently wore (Super/Voracious/Goal) on my bed and it makes me feel close to him.

I am having great fun with the unisex scents as well. For instance, I love Totem: Tiger, it makes me feel very primal. On those days when I don't want to smell specifically like a girl, I can go with scents that inspire me...the bayou, the moon, a season, a destination...I love the choices and the moods they create.

Oh, and welcome !

Welcome here! I find wearing a men's scent can be comforting to me especially if it is similar to what my hubby smells like or the odd scent that smells like something my dad wore. Also sometimes they just smell so damn good on me that I don't care:)

And another reason for me is that the scents here smell different on each person, because there are no chemical stabilizers. So, skin chemistry plays a BIG part in how the scent wears. I have bought some scents that my man and I can both wear, but the scent smells decidedly different on each of us. Velvet Moss is a great example of this. On me, I get more of the violet, and on him, it is more woods.

OH AND WELCOME!!

ETA.....please note that when you first apply the scents from here, don't judge them while still wet, because when wet you will not get the full effect. Let it dry down completely, meld with your skin, and then decide. Also, I would suggest trying each one more than once. These scents are VERY different than commercial scents on the market, so they can take a little getting used to.

Edited by Dolly

I wouldn't say that no man wears 'women's' scents. I know a few men who do wear commercial female perfumes and if you read reviews on fragrantica, there are a lot of men wearing what are marketed as women's perfumes! My bf wears the unisex Velvet Moss a lot, and likes Ail's Voluptuous Vanilla! Personally, perfume is all art to me and I won't be constrained by gender specific marketing. A married couple I know have completely opposite tastes, her favourite is Fenric Wolf (which could be stereotyped as masculine) by bpal, whereas her husband adores florals. I like most perfume genres, but my bf likes the sweeter end of the market. So, I don't think it's always as clear cut as men's and women's scents.

When we did conventions and festivals, we were quite interested to note that there was a pretty clear age deliniation. Males born 1980's or after were entirely comfortable choosing whatever scent they liked and putting it on....many or most that would have been deemed feminine scents. Guys born 1970's or earlier, they grew up in an era where the "appropriately masculine" stamp must be applied...I think it's more conditioning than personal taste at issue.

Well said Mel. When YSL' s Opium, was so popular back in the 70s, I knew many men who wore it, as did I. As you pointed out, yes, many Bpal scents are to me, unisex. LP's potions are certainly in many cases, unisex, whether a fragrance is intentionally unisex or specifically geared toward one gender is hardly the point. For example, a fragrance may smell decidedly masculine or feminine in the bottle, but once on a person's skin, transform into something entirely different. And if it doesn't...who cares? If a scent is pleasing to someone, then they should by no means be restricted by the perception of the mass populace. Why limit one's self? Relax, indulge, enjoy.

ETA: Exactly Mara.

Edited by Rose Blackthorn

When we did conventions and festivals, we were quite interested to note that there was a pretty clear age deliniation. Males born 1980's or after were entirely comfortable choosing whatever scent they liked and putting it on....many or most that would have been deemed feminine scents. Guys born 1970's or earlier, they grew up in an era where the "appropriately masculine" stamp must be applied...I think it's more conditioning than personal taste at issue.

I'll try any scent. As long as it is manly enough haha!! :lol: Guilty!

Quince is the same way, it has to be something he considers "proper man scent" although I have gotten him to wear a few things more on the unisex side, and he has his particular tastes. Some people are completely a product of their gender conditioning, but as has been said, you can't definitively say it applies to all.

It's important to remember your perspective is just that: yours and yours alone.

All good...glad I could open a topic worth commenting on. I'll cook some more up some other time.

So far I have tried Capt. Fantastic, Salute and Teddy Man 2

I like Salute top so far. I am wearing Capt. Fantastic for a 2nd time right now and like it better the 2nd time. (Are you conditioning and brainwashing me with this? Hahah!)

Gonna go jump on a plane to Houston...talk soon

Quince is the same way, ... and he has his particular tastes.

An almost direct quote about me from my wife lol - but then again, don't we all. Which of course is what Luna said ... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Folks,

One thing nobody commented on was dosage. How much out of these trial vials should I use at a time. Just a couple dabs to the tip of finger spread around on pulse points, or 5 dabs, or 10?

It makes sense that the potions w/o pheros would be based on on smell and how much I want to put 'out there.'

But what about the potions WITH pheros, especially some of the sexual ones? Any recommended amount of 'dabs?'

I don't know if this will help, but I normally get from 4 to 10 uses from one trial vial. You have to just play around to find the right dose for you - your "sweet spot". It doesn't usually take too long. LP pheros are surprisingly potent! Just start small, watch for effects in yourself, and on others, then slowly increase.