Pregnant &/or Breastfeeding and possible phero use

Hello all,

Im new to LPMP as well as pheremones. I dont know the protocol or safety regarding pregnancy and breastfeeding and pheremone use.

Im due with my second child in 4 weeks. I do not have my order yet but I know one of the items I purchased has BANG in it. What would the general concensus be about me using this fragrance?

Im not gonna lie.. since I got pregnant with my first child.. im not the fox I used to be and Id like to get that confidence and attention back I used to have. Was looking forward to trying pheremones.

Cure.

This is not a hard one to find here but the general consensus is a definite no to pheromones while pregnant or breastfeeding.

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=9688&hl=breastfeeding&do=findComment&comment=359957

Edited by quietguy

ok thrn i did search but i guess i did not search thoroughly enough. my apologies..

No apologies - just letting you know there are several discussions on the topic if you had time to search. We are always happy to answer questions and help!

Hello all,

Im new to LPMP as well as pheremones. I dont know the protocol or safety regarding pregnancy and breastfeeding and pheremone use.

Im due with my second child in 4 weeks. I do not have my order yet but I know one of the items I purchased has BANG in it. What would the general concensus be about me using this fragrance?

Im not gonna lie.. since I got pregnant with my first child.. im not the fox I used to be and Id like to get that confidence and attention back I used to have. Was looking forward to trying pheremones.

Cure.

You already have some info here, so I'm just chiming in with another definite No to pheromones while pregnant& breastfeeding. Both oils & sprays will enter your bloodstream.

A lot of the ingredients in the perfumes have magical intent. You can search the perfumerie by magical intent. It will pull up all of the available scents that fit that categoryMaybe you can find a plain scent you like that will do what you're looking for while you're pregnant and breast feeding. Based on what you've said, I'd say you'd probably do best with a glamourous scent. Something with grapefruit, like Sugared Grapefruit.

A lot of the ingredients in the perfumes have magical intent. You can search the perfumerie by magical intent. It will pull up all of the available scents that fit that categoryMaybe you can find a plain scent you like that will do what you're looking for while you're pregnant and breast feeding. Based on what you've said, I'd say you'd probably do best with a glamourous scent. Something with grapefruit, like Sugared Grapefruit.

That's a great idea Blue Bear. The Grapefruit most definately, maybe some of the LP Line too.

I'm sure Mara will also have some great potions coming up.

I'm only 9 weeks pregnant... I'm not using any. I miss my pheros though! I'll just have to hoard them until next year!!

Congratulations, hearts! I bet you will have the cutest baby, since you are such a cutie yourself!

Welcome, curefortheend! And congratulations on the new baby.

Well, I am no expert on the issue of pregnancy or on the issue of phero usage. But I would assume it's best not to put any pheros on your skin during pregnancy. That goes for oils and sprays. Actually even as a regular person on a regular basis I never put them on my actual skin. I always buy the spray, and then I just lightly spritz the outside of my blouse in 3 little spots-- right shoulder, chest, left shoulder (when I am not wearing the blouse). I hold my breath while I am spraying it, so as not to breathe it in from the air. Then I immediately leave the room for a while, until it dries and settles down. Then I come back and put the blouse on. It makes me feel safer that way, because I don't like the idea of it getting absorbed through my skin and into my bloodstream.

Edited by Silkilocks

Well, I am no expert on the issue of pregnancy or on the issue of phero usage. But I would assume it's best not to put any pheros on your skin during pregnancy. That goes for oils and sprays. Actually even as a regular person on a regular basis I never put them on my actual skin. I always buy the spray, and then I just lightly spritz the outside of my blouse in 3 little spots-- right shoulder, chest, left shoulder (when I am not wearing the blouse). I hold my breath while I am spraying it, so as not to breathe it in from the air. Then I immediately leave the room for a while, until it dries and settles down. Then I come back and put the blouse on. It makes me feel safer that way, because I don't like the idea of it getting absorbed through my skin and into my bloodstream.

Just FYI they still enter your bloodstream (sometimes faster) if you're using a spray. Holding your breath on application helps somewhat, you'll initially take in less but the pheros are diffusing all around you, even if it's not on your skin, that's the point of the spray, the alcohol is carrying it out into the air.

Edited by StacyK

Just FYI they still enter your bloodstream (sometimes faster) if you're using a spray. Holding your breath on application helps somewhat, you'll initially take in less but the pheros are diffusing all around you, even if it's not on your skin, that's the point of the spray, the alcohol is carrying it out into the air.

Hmmm... well, that's scary! So does that mean that if one has a pregnant co-worker that one sits near at work, then one should refrain from wearing pheros to work?

Hmmm... well, that's scary! So does that mean that if one has a pregnant co-worker that one sits near at work, then one should refrain from wearing pheros to work?

I would guess it's a matter of degrees. I wouldn't consciously phero bomb someone who's pregnant. But, just regular average use? I don't know if enough research has been done to have a definitive answer.

I might guess if it's dispersed in a larger room, I wouldn't matter to the other person, but that's just a guess.

It's a good question tho. Maybe Halo or Mara have more info.

Edited by StacyK

• 11 months later...

Hey everyone! I know pheros should not be used during pregnancy, but what about non-phero LP's? I've read that some ingredients/oils might not be safe to use on skin while pregnant, but is there a definitive list? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

I would guess it's a matter of degrees. I wouldn't consciously phero bomb someone who's pregnant. But, just regular average use? I don't know if enough research has been done to have a definitive answer.

I might guess if it's dispersed in a larger room, I wouldn't matter to the other person, but that's just a guess.

It's a good question tho. Maybe Halo or Mara have more info.

I just can't see the casual normal use of pheros getting so into the your coworkers system that it crosses the fairly selective placenta's barriers. I'd love to do research but I know it's probably an ethical issues.