How many dabs are suggested for the trials?

Okay,

This is more for the phero enhanced scents because I wish to know the desired amount for intended effect. I guess take a stab at how many mcg/dab I may be getting. (I can just nose the non-phero scents)

All I have to date are sample vials and I have a ton more on the way in the mail. How I am using these is a very simple method of tilting the Vial upside down to my fingertip and back right side up. This gives me a small little dollop of oil to spread on pulse points.

I am seeking the wise knowledge of the knowers to point me in the right direction for how many of these little dabs I should be using to get to the targeted phero amount (mcg) for optimal use.

I understand everyone is different and that they will react differently with each person, however, I am sure there must be a target amount of mcg's to be used in the phero formulas created by the talented potionologists.

Please try the dabbing that I am doing (I am sure you already have at some point) and estimate how many of these dabs I need to use to at least get close to the target amount of pheros intended.

Respectfully,

HappyGoSkillfully

Edited by HappyGoSkillfully

You should check out Nutrix's journal, she did a great post on there figuring phero dosage in spray versus oil form. It really helped me a lot in figuring out how much I need to use of the oils to give a phero blend a fair test. Keep in mind she is talking about unscented pheros, which are 1000 mcg per bottle, if I remember correctly the already phero enhanced fragrances on here are 333 mcg per bottle. Anyway here is a link, it's in the first post in the thread, just scroll down some: http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=7871 .

Edited by Memorare

Please try the dabbing that I am doing (I am sure you already have at some point) and estimate how many of these dabs I need to use to at least get close to the target amount of pheros intended.

It's not that I don't want to be helpful, it's just that I don't see these things as a one-to-one correlation (as you already noted). I honestly believe that what is best for you is best for you. There's just too many factors involved to say that what might work for me is also what might work for you, you know?

I, personally, don't ever really worry about getting the exact amount of phero in the enhanced scents. I've found that if I wear enough to be perfectly scented (not too much, not too little), then I've gotten enough phero on me to do the trick. I've always gotten the effect I was looking for. I know it's not as precise or scientific as you're probably looking for, but it works!

I am seeking the wise knowledge of the knowers to point me in the right direction for how many of these little dabs I should be using to get to the targeted phero amount (mcg) for optimal use.

I understand everyone is different and that they will react differently with each person, however, I am sure there must be a target amount of mcg's to be used in the phero formulas created by the talented potionologists.

It's not that I don't want to be helpful, it's just that I don't see these things as a one-to-one correlation (as you already noted). I honestly believe that what is best for you is best for you. There's just too many factors involved to say that what might work for me is also what might work for you, you know?

I, personally, don't ever really worry about getting the exact amount of phero in the enhanced scents. I've found that if I wear enough to be perfectly scented (not too much, not too little), then I've gotten enough phero on me to do the trick. I've always gotten the effect I was looking for. I know it's not as precise or scientific as you're probably looking for, but it works!

Every person will receive effects at different levels......some need more,some less.....there is no "optimal", one size fits all amount......I do what BlueBear does....I use as much as I want of the scent, and then if I need more phero, I add an Unscented version of the phero to it.

I appreciate all responses, however, I am going to email LPMP direct.

We all know that too little phero produces nothing. We also know that too much phero produces a 'ghost' effect. I am shooting for specifics of what the phero scientist who created the phero scents had in mind.

I don't need exact percentages and mcg's of each phero in each blend, just want a starting point to pattern my personal testing after. I already understand that everyone is different and it may have a different effect for everyone.

I am sure these mixtures were tested and trialled for effect. These are for public sale and you don't simply dump some of this, a tad of that, and a pinch of the other and call it a phero blend and hope it works. I am sure these are measured fairly precisely to obtain a desired effect. They are marketed that way anyway.

All I am asking for is a starting point with the trial vials.

luna, I do understand and don't disagree, BUT these phero blends were put together by someone with an intent to them. My assumption (there it is) is that this someone has a pretty decent idea how much of these pheros need to be in the potions, therefore there must be a suggested starting dosage of some kind. This starting dosage (to test from there) is what I am asking/looking for.

For example, I am sure that if I used half of my trial vial of Dirty Old Man for one use, someone from LPMP would scream through the forum "NOOOO, that's too much!" On the other hand if I used one drop, they'd also say "that won't have any effect, you didn't use enough." Now if I want to be the Gingerbread Man for the day I could take a bath in North Pole and smell delicious without having a negative phero experience (cuz there aren't any in there).

I thank everyone for their responses. It is very kind of you to take the time to help me through this.

Respectfully,

HappyGoSkillfully

And Dolly,

I am READY for a Redhead!

Well, I am sorry, but THIS one is taken!

I think the ladies gave you the right answer in that when it comes to pheromones and personal body chemistry, it becomes very personalized. That being said, I use swipes and not dabs. One or two swipes on the forearms and the same on my neck. And by swipe I mean a good four inches easy. It is both the type of pheromone and the relative strength of the scent that determines how much I use overall.

QG,

You swipe with the trial size vials? These are what I am working with.

I have actually tried to drag the vial across my arm, keeping it on my skin so not to spill all over, and that produces less than if I were to tilt it upside down and right side up to get a droplet.

And...I know it depends on the person. I mentioned that in two other posts on here. You can't tell me the person who concocted these potions didn't have a target dosage or ballpark. That would be completely throwing darts into a mixture then and saying "everybody is different, you figure it out."

This is not meant to be an argument, but in the name of science, could someone who has made one of these potions please chime in and give me a hint? Please. Please. Bueller...Bueller...

When you take the top off the trial vial there is a small 'wand' attached to the top. Use the wand to swipe across your skin. Personally, I keep it simple and focus on the scent and not pheromone content and that works for me. Let your nose be your guide. However many swipes makes you smell great without overpowering you with scent. Just my 2 cents, so to speak.

QG,

You swipe with the trial size vials? These are what I am working with.

I swipe the little plastic tip. (ETA: with the wand inside as described above).

The usual dose quoted usually runs 1-3 sprays or swipes. But that is very generic. There are just so many variables that start with age and race and even that can vary individual to individual.

Edited by quietguy

Okay, okay. That is definitely more specific. That would make these sample trial vials last a very loong time then if only using between 1-3 swipes. Those swipes are less than one of the droplets I have been describing. I am not a French whore ;-), but that doesn't seem like much to use at all.

Now I wonder how people are going through so many bottles that I read about. How often are people re-applying? Wait...let me guess - that's up to you/me hahah...I kill me, LOL

All in good fun kids :smiley-angelic008:

SIGH

There are so many variables involved, I don't know that you can actually say that there is a specific "formula" that will work for everybody. I think that anyone who tells you "use this much to get this result" is either generalizing or naive.. (I want to say "BSing" but I don't want to make assumptions).

From the actual experiences that I have read on this forum over the last 4 years or so, the amount necessary to get a reaction can vary widely. And reactions aren't magic, of course.. a phero is not going to make someone do something that they aren't willing to do, it may give them a little "push" though. I know some people who really slather to get an effect, and some who just barely dab, and their results are just as good. It depends on you, your body chemistry, the "vibe"/effort you're putting out to get that effect, and of course the target audience's many variables.

As far as application, when I am using a sample vial, I apply like QG, with the little wand applicator. I swipe it along my wrists, the inside of my elbows, my collarbone, cleavage.. dipping it back in the vial each time. That is usually plenty to give enough scent, and I have found that, for me, with the phero enhanced scents, the amount of phero that Mara puts in is perfect for applying in that fashion. The scent gives me a guide to keep me from over or under applying. If that amount doesn't work for you, then I would do as Dolly suggests and add some UN scented of the same phero.

Just put some on and get out there... experiment and then report back :)

Well stated Molls.....let me put it a little differently HappyGoSkillfully......the scientists in this case determine the proper RATIOS to go into the phero blends.....whether that amount makes 1 ounce or 1 gallon, it is all in the ratios. I have been using pheros for about 11-12 years or thereabouts, and it is always the same principle. Nobody can tell you how much you will need or not. And there is no "suggested usage" amount, because it is different for every single person.

When I apply, I tip the vials and apply with my fingertip, as you do, and I can get about 4-5 uses out of a regular sample. Some people can stretch out a sample for 7-8 uses or more. Some pheros give me results, some don't. That's just the name of the game.

We all do the testing, and it is always the same.....your mileage may vary!

Edited by Dolly

I agree with Dolly. I tested different blends for a long time before I found sweet spots with each one. For instance with LFM I only need an inch swipe (yes, my bottle will last forever) but SS4W or Cougar? I can slather the stuff and get amazing results. Just keep testing and have fun:)

luna, I do understand and don't disagree, BUT these phero blends were put together by someone with an intent to them. My assumption (there it is) is that this someone has a pretty decent idea how much of these pheros need to be in the potions, therefore there must be a suggested starting dosage of some kind. This starting dosage (to test from there) is what I am asking/looking for.

Exactly, which is why you should be asking Mara and/or Heather, which you are given your response.

And I know you're just attempting to express yourself as clearly as possible, but it's coming off like mansplaining, which I would appreciate if you didn't do.

I apply to my fingertip with the trial vials too, I don't usually apply with the dinky little wand. I went through 80% of one of my trial vials in about a week by applying with a fingertip "swipe" to both forearms, decolletage, and back of the neck, twice a day, morning and evening. That's tipping the little vial onto my fingertip before each individual swipe. I could easily burn through a bottle of a scent I love in a month or two, applying twice a day to the same places. If the scent had pheros, it would take me longer to use it up for sure, because I don't use pheros every day.

Edited by Memorare

I think the comments about going with scent levels and adding more Un(scented) pheromones if needed are dead on as I do the same.

Depending on the scent, I might apply after lunch or not. The Garage does not really need a reapplication after lunch most days. I might refresh the pheros with a spray or two and the scent with a single swipe to cover in the afternoon. You certainly need to consider what pheros you are using to avoid a 'none OD as the day goes on. I try to give my application points a quick scrub to clean pheros & scent when I go to my evening combo.

I often use the same scent at night but not with Garage. I usually switch pheros at night to something more romantic or sexual. Daytime I run with something like Charisma or SWS.

I go light with the scent as my wife greatly prefers it that way so my bottles & samples probably last longer than most.

ETA: let me explain what Luna means by "mansplaining" ... :lol:

Edited by quietguy

Yes.

As I said, I understand that's not your intention. But we're well-aware of the processes utilized in order to create the pheromone mixes as many of us have been users of these products since their inception. It's just that we don't approach the process of using these mixes from the same perspective which you do, but just because we do not doesn't mean that we don't understand how they were made.

I don't know what mansplaining is, nor do I need to or want to. It sounds like darts are being tossed.

I avoid negativity.

No darts, brother! Just a play on words, I promise. :D

And what is the perspective that I approach the process of using these mixes?

And who are "we?"

Do tell...

It's my understanding from your posts that you've desiring a more measurable type of methodology. When I write "we" I mean other members of this community.

I don't know what mansplaining is, nor do I need to or want to. It sounds like darts are being tossed.

I avoid negativity.

I believe I have demonstrated giving you the benefit of the doubt in regards how you've expressed yourself, so if you feel like you're under attack I apologize, that was not my intention. As an employee of LPMP and moderator of this forum it would not behoove me to be hostile to anyone here. It's best I just remove myself from this conversation and any others with you henceforth before any other misunderstandings occur.

I appreciate all responses, however, I am going to email LPMP direct.

We all know that too little phero produces nothing. We also know that too much phero produces a 'ghost' effect. I am shooting for specifics of what the phero scientist who created the phero scents had in mind.

HappyGoSkillfully

This statement here is false. Considering that humans naturally produce their pheromones on the pico/nano gram scale, What you consider too little, is considerably alot and does have dramatic effects. It's the reason why veterans are always telling others to start small and work your way up.

Sample - 1 Finger Dab = Fine, work your way up from here

Bottle - 2-4 inch roll = Fine, work your way up from there

Also, Luna means well for your own good here. Don't take offense to what she's trying to tell you dude.

Considering that humans naturally produce their pheromones on the pico/nano gram scale, What you consider too little, is considerably alot and does have dramatic effects. It's the reason why veterans are always telling others to start small and work your way up.

Sample - 1 Finger Dab = Fine, work your way up from here

Bottle - 2-4 inch roll = Fine, work your way up from there

Also, Luna means well for your own good here. Don't take offense to what she's trying to tell you dude.

Agree with all above.

What to me was a simple question...blew up...for no reason.

Anyway, thank you Sputnick for your suggestions.

Everyone just needs to be careful how they type. You cannot hear typing, therefore do not know the tone of said typing.

luna, if you meant no jabs, I believe it is right to give you "the benefit of doubt" and trust this is true. Therefore, I must've taken your post in an unintended way...my bad.

I went ahead and sent an email to Mara. To my surprise and delight she called me within minutes to discuss "dosing", etc. A very good conversation indeed. For anyone interested, it appears around 4 of my "dabs" would most likely equate to the application that Mara would apply (roller belly button up to the goods). That leaves me with what Sputnick stated and Mara told me that somewhere in the range of 2-4 "dabs" would be the intended range to start with, THEN whatever works for you can be worked in - up or down.

Kudos to Mara for calling me. Very classy to take the time to answer my question over the phone and be glad to do it. I told her that her products are very cool and that I am enjoying testing them. Looking very much forward to the even larger stash I have on the way in the mail.

Try 2-4 dabs. Now that would have been very easy to say.

Love you all. Peace

Thank you Mara for calling. I enjoyed our conversation!

HappyGoSkillfully

HGS, thank you, it was a pleasure speaking with you this morning. :D

Considering that humans naturally produce their pheromones on the pico/nano gram scale, What you consider too little, is considerably alot and does have dramatic effects. It's the reason why veterans are always telling others to start small and work your way up.

You are exactly right. We discussed this on the phone as well. Any amount of pheros you apply with our products is going to be hundreds of times what one produces naturally.

What to me was a simple question...blew up...for no reason.

Try 2-4 dabs. Now that would have been very easy to say.

No one was trying to be difficult or dance around your question, just answering the most honest way we could. Personally, 2 to 4 dabs as you described is a lot for me, so I couldn't have ever suggested it. But if it works for you, great. Glad Mara was able to help you Edited by BlueBear