Sugared Black Pepper

Potion Master

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great scent - even with the "sugared" it is a very strong (& good!) pepper scent. Once it dries down it is a little softer but given my experience with the sugared line I was surprised how much the pepper jumped out at first.

ETA:

You can layer this with combinations of: Sugared Egyptian Musk, Green Tea, Oak Moss, & Woods

Edited by quietguy

This one is SO cool... I haven't tried layering it yet but by itself it is one of "those" scents that I can't stop huffing! It's like a photo that I can't look away from - I don't LOVE the smell on me alone, but I keep going back to it and trying to figure out what to pair it with. QG do report back on how the EM works... I love black pepper (on food) so I have no doubt that adding this little gem to SOMETHING is going to make a killer scent.

• 2 weeks later...

SUDDENLY THE WORLD SEEMS SUCH A PERFECT PLACE

SUDDENLY IT MOVES WITH SUCH A PERFECT GRACE

SUDDENLY MY LIFE DOESN'T SEEM SUCH A WASTE

NOW THAT I HAVE TRIED SUGARED BLACK PEPPER

AND THERE'S NO MOUNTAIN TOO HIGH, NO RIVER TOO WIDE

SUGARED BLACK PEPPER BE ALWAYS THERE BY MY SIDE

STORM CLOUDS MAY GATHER AND STARS MAY COLLIDE

BUT I'LL LOVE YOU UNTIL THE END OF TIME

I have an unhealthy love of black pepper. I put it on everything, including sweets (try it on strawberries, melons and especially ice cream!). More than once friends have gotten me peppermills as gifts (including a portable one). I don't know what I've been doing with my life before ordering sugared black pepper. I put it on and shouted YUMMY and swooned. I may be a little punchy with fatigue but this is definitely true love.

• 8 months later...

I feel so weird being drawn to wear this... I mean who would have thought it'd be nice to smell like black pepper? Still clueless as to what to pair it with - I know I put black pepper on just about every kind of FOOD but there's got to be something that would just make this a magical pairing. :perfecto:

I need to get this and try it with Sugared Carnations.. Get a little Evil In Carnation thing going on.

I feel so weird being drawn to wear this... I mean who would have thought it'd be nice to smell like black pepper?

You can't necessarily think of it in such a literal fashion - what pepper does is add a quality which is very interesting, IMO.

You can't necessarily think of it in such a literal fashion - what pepper does is add a quality which is very interesting, IMO.

Great point Luna. I love black pepper so much that I immediately identified it... but when I (covered the label) and asked two friends they couldn't ID the sugared version. Naturally, when I said "It's black pepper!" THEN suddenly they got it. So yes, it is unusual and I don't have to walk around with a nametag that says "...it's black pepper" to inform those that smell me!

I like orange and even cherry with black pepper.

Thanks Halo :) I have both Sugared Orange & Cherry so I'm game to try both those. :w00t:

Ylang Ylang & Black Pepper is awesome, too.

And Mandarin + BP.

Now Ylang-Ylang is a switch! Up to now I've just looked at fruit combos but this makes total sense Eggers. And I think I have sugared Y-Y and STILL haven't layered it! Edited by LoveStruck

I do about 3-4 drops of ylang ylang eo & just one drop of black pepper essential oil, floated on water in a candle-lit essential oil burner. That's it. Let the candle burn for about half an hour (make sure there's enough water in the reservoir, or it'll burn dry & ruin the nice smell). Good stuff!

Try the same kind of thing with Mandarin eo & black pepper. The same kind of proportions. It's nommy.

I don't think I've ever seen a black pepper EO... Need to google (and just WATCH it come up at some shop with dozens of other things I can't "live" without!) I do have to try this tincture though... Something besides all the pastry/bakery scents in my diffuser that are too easy to default to (lack of creative courage)