Sugared Black Currant

Potion Master

AD5-SugBlkCurrant.jpg

Sugared Black Currant

* Deeper and rounder than red currant, with a hint of exotic mystery. A trio of black currant oils melded with white and powdered sugars. (Author of magical romance novels Diane J Reed, the lovely face on this label, chose this one because: "to dream of black currants mean you will find happiness in life & loyalty in love." :heart: !!! )

• 7 months later...

This one is fantastic on its own, but it could easily be incorporated into a more complex fragrance mix.

It's a fresh & fruity scent, not sickly sweet like black currant jam is. The freshness to me smells like the leaves on a black currant bush do, ( if you've smelled any). It gives this sugared an almost floral undertone even though this is a fruity scent.

I got this one in a (quite possibly silly) attempt to create my own layer dupe of one of my favourite LP's; "Love at first bite". I tried layering it with hot cocoa, but to my surprise the chocolate overpowers the black currant almost entirely. I was expecting it to be the other way around. I guess I'll have to find another combination

• 3 months later...

Oh wow. Sighs from the chaise. ..if I had a chaise. This is beyond decadence. This would never be construed as a bright girly thing, at least not on my dkin. Standing alone, it is a four season scent for a wiser tthan anyone suspects scent. Layered with a lighter vanilla and spices, that's a nice dinner and some wine. With a heavier hitter, say a bourbon vanilla, a tobacco, an orange-tinged whisky, some musk.. well, that's moving from elegant to trouble-with-a-capital-T. Mm-mmm-mmmmmm, Miss Mara, you handed over the key to Pandora's box with this one.

• 7 months later...

This was quite green upon application and dried down to something nicely elegant and rather sensual. A great option for when I want to wear something fruity but not super sweet or bright. Looking forward to layering with this with a spice or tea scent...

ETA that I've since layered this with Sugared Black Tea and they are lovely together.

Edited by Witty Kitty