'Weenie For Men......and Ladies too!

Beccah

AD-Weenie_1.jpg

OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.
PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies
PIE SPICES ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

Scent: A boy-ish pumpkin pie scent.

The earth and cedar are the two notes that jump out at me the most. The earth is really reminding me of the type used in Ectoplasm. The oakmoss is giving a light powdery feel. Pumpkin and pie spices are very light, just in the background here. I think this would smell pretty good on a guy. Smells like a clean guy who has been outside on a cool fall day... With a hint of spicy aftershave lingering on his skin.

So, THIS is the one I wanted to review while I was on vacation (which was a mistake as I was not really focused!). I *LOVE* this scent on my guy. It's got gorgeous dry/autumnal feel - like Hearts said, it reminds me of a nice walk in the woods on a fall day - and then the delicious pie notes kick in. We're getting him a bottle for sure.

This is a fabulous earth scent! Interestingly, I'm not getting pie or pumpkin of any stripe -- this is a very pure crisp walking in the woods on a fall day scent. It feels truly unisex (rather than tipping towards masculine) for me. I didn't have this one on my radar, but I am seriously contemplating a bottle.

What's odd for me is I'm getting a clean soapy vibe underneath everything else, which is what reminds me of JACK, even though I know this isn't supposed to be anything like JACK, really. I'm guessing it's the cedar and the resins which do that. I like the mix of that quality with the Autumnal spiciness, it comes off as wholly masculine to me. And I get the same conceptual aura as with North Pole, although this isn't sweet to me at all. It's nicely done for you gents, I reckon.

The final drydown is a spicy wood impression, I like that part the best.

Trying to figure out how to get this one on my man. If I just ask him to try it, he'll ask me what it's called. I'll tell him. He'll give me a skeptical look and ask what it smells like. I'll say "manly pumpkin pie." He will vanish in a husband-shaped puff of smoke. (See, we've been married long enough to have entire conversations without even speaking :P )

So I'm thinking, maybe I can flick the little wand at him as he walks by? Screw on the top of the vial REALLY REALLY tight and then ask him to open it? "Accidentally" trip right next to him while walking around casually for no apparent reason with it open in my hand?

Or alternately I could rename it "Sex God." That might be easiest, come to think of it. :wink2:

Maybe if you said, "If you wear this, I will likely find you highly attractive." ;)

I was being reminded of something else yesterday while wearing this, I finally realized it was Elixir of Silver.

Maybe if you said, "If you wear this, I will likely find you highly attractive." ;)

I was being reminded of something else yesterday while wearing this, I finally realized it was Elixir of Silver.

Huh...I'll have to go re-sniff my EoS!

• 3 weeks later...

I get all fresh earth and dirt, with a bit of sweetness with drydown. This is one that if you're prone to stabby headaches from scents, this one would not bother you. That springs to mind because I had a stabby-headachy experience with something lately (not an LP) so that was uppermost in my thoughts!

• 5 weeks later...

I have to admit when I read pie spices and pumpkin, I said to myself, "Self, get a sample first". I stand corrected and somewhat chagrined. You would think I would have learned to trust Mara more by now. I don't know what gets into me from time to time. I guess it is that "guy thing" that Memorae alludes to in her post. Plus I would say I agree with Luna more often than not when it comes to her reviews of men's scents. So once I read her review, I should have figured it out.

So, I will say, maybe even shout: Mara has created a great Fall scent here! There are pie spices and pumpkin in there but they do not make you smell like a feminine version of grandma's kitchen. This is a very masculine scent. The pumpkin and spices blend in so smoothly with everything else, that there is a hint, a sense, of foody scent but I would not classify this scent as "sweet" or "foody" by any means. Like Luna said, it does not cross over into that sweet scent like North Pole does. And North Pole by the way is one of my favorite holiday season scents! I am now going to add Weenie to that "Fall/Winter Favorites" list. And also echoing what Luna said, the cedar, oakmoss, & myrrh give the scent a clean lightly spicy undernote. I am hoping Memorae is right and it is indeed, "Sex in a Bottle"!

So guys, this is now my general Fall flow of scents: Moon of the Falling Leaves (for that outdoor autumn feel) now flowing into Weenie. Get some North Pole for the holiday season - Thanksgiving through Christmas. Great for parties and those evenings when she is baking or the two of you are sitting in front of the fireplace. Winter Wizardry gives you the scent of cool crisp Winter outdoors for all those general occassions. Throw in some pheromones, and you have it set.

If you want to bring out the BIG guns, get a bottle of Pashazade to round out the season. But be ready to put your money where your mouth is, so to speak, with that one.

Edited by quietguy

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have to say, nothing like I imagined. This smells like a real gentleman, very classy.

At first it's almost like lavender, but not lavender. The spice is slowly growing though. It's like an old fashioned shaving soap. It's not going to be the bf's kind of scent, but I do like it. Makes me think of smooth clean shaven skin. Very nice.

• 8 months later...

Put some Weenie on for the first time last night while just relaxing to the tube getting ready for sleep. I read somewhere that if you like North Pole (love it), that you will like Weenie too. I used a very little bit and put it on my backhands and rubbed it in. Very light scent. It is true...I like it. I will give it a good wearing soon and give another review then. So far so good.

• 9 months later...

This is Mr Perfect's favorite LP so far! He wore the sample so much, I had to get him a bottle, lol. It's earthy at first, but eventually dries down to a gorgeous autumn-y scent. Spicy, but clean.

A funny observation, Mr Perfect had nothing like this in his commercial scents. I love how LP really opens up the mind and senses to try (and like) new things!!

• 1 month later...

Thanks so much for bumping, Bella, you put this on my radar and I snagged a sale bottle. I can't believe I didn't get one when it first came out! This is just one of Mara's absolutely magical nature scents, evoking a particular mood/landscape with such spectacular precision, it gives me goosebumps!

I stand by my original review, except that now I am getting the faintest most delicious whiff of pumpkin and spice on top of the crisp leaves and soft crumbling cool earth. It's been my go to sleep scent this week. So wonderful. Thanks Bella and Mara!

• 3 years later...

I love the pumpkin pie spice in this, but there’s something cool about it too. I don’t know if it’s the myrrh or the cedar, since my uneducated nose don’t know what those smell like, but it reminds me of the thing in Caramel Musk that keeps it from being full on girly and foodie. This is a great scent to put on your pillow, just soothing and calming when you’re stressed out.

To make it a little sweeter and more girly, this layers nicely with A Wake to give it a little extra depth. 

I think I might give this to my brother but not tell him what it’s called.  😄