Animal Crackers

Beccah

AD-AnimalCrackers_1.jpg

Animal Crackers

A perfect frosted oatmeal butterscotch cookie, concocted of a mixture of oats and oatmeal blended with butter and bread accords, sweetened with luscious maple, butterscotch and honey and a warm drop of cedar for the base.

Fans of our Scotchies fragrance will crave these crunchy critters!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

OATS ~ Prosperity, abundance, sustenance, money spells.
BUTTER ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
SUGAR ~
Attractslove
,luck,sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.

Scent: bakery fresh oatmeal butterscotch cookies

This reminds me of buttery shortbread cookies. I don't find this scent to be as sticky sweet as Scotchies. This actually reminds me of those little boxes of animal crackers that come in that little circus box. Just imagine opening one if those boxes and smelling that animal cracker goodness. I don't smell any cedar, but it's probably because it's blended in a way that makes it apart of the scent. I wouldn't be able to pick that note out. The honey is giving it a brightness. Despite the foody notes, it's not too heavy.

It's wearing very light, but it's definitely yummy. I can't stop smelling my wrist.

You're on a roll w these reviews and congrats on your baby! I love animal crackers, I don't buy them regularly but it's one of those snacks that have the power to screw up a diet I'm on, I think cause they look innocent and harmless. I might give this treat out for Halloween this year (the cookies that is not my sample).

I don't LOVE this scent until it dries down a little. At first it is just a little too oat-y. Within a few minutes it all settles in for that perfect animal cracker cookie scent. No cedar here either. It's light and a nice skin scent. Not sure if I'm convinced enough for a FB yet since I more blown away by a few others this month but I will empty my sample for sure.

Oats. Maple. Butter. Sugar. OH MAN OH MAN! First on that butter note is ALL OVER and I'm totally all dribbling all over myself! :smiley-sex023:

I think I DO get the cedar, it's the honey I can't find. This is directly out of the mail as well, so maybe that will turn up in another day?

This is really reading confection on me.

The cedar is giving it something earthy and grounded though, like the crisp snap that an animal cracker has but in a scent??? It's not a taste so much as a texture - if that makes any sense at all?

I went FB on this one...now I'm thinking maybe a back up is in order....

Edited by NuTrix

When I first put this on last night, I gave it an initial sniff and thought, "Meh." And was really glad that I could so easily dismiss at least one of this month's NRs. Wet, it was initially a little thin and sharp. I got the grains and the sugar, but the notes were poking out individually in a way that didn't appeal.

And then about ten minutes went by. And I was reaching for something on my bedside table, my hand with the Animal Crackers test patch on it came within sniffing distance and I was overcome by a soft billowing wave of pure butter cookie goodness. I actually yelped a little. Hoping supplies last until my next check so I can grab a bottle. Best bedtime scent ever!

On my skin this actually reminds me more of Gimme Money than Scotchies, there's not as much sweetness in it for me as with Scotchies. It's nicely sweet in the vial though, I hope with aging that might come through. I like the basenote of cedar, it contributes to a lovely Autumnal aura.

This didn't smell like actual animal crackers to me, which have a sort of bland sweet smell, but like oatmeal cookies drizzled with butterscotch. Come to find out, that's what it's supposed to smell like, so I get a zero in reading comprehension this week :P This one is so yummy that I'm craving oatmeal cookies now.

I don't really get the cedar but that is one of those notes that can't be subtle for me to pick up on it. My parents live in a cedar house (not 100% cedar of course but you can smell it in the background, as it were, through the whole house) and even though I haven't visited in months, cedar is somehow designated as "pay no attention to me" in my brain, I have to look for it unless it punches me in the nose and I wasn't looking for it this time. Next time I'll pay closer attention. I love the scent so I hope I can find it :)

Yummy yummy yummy :smiley-eatdrink020: ...somewhere someone said Scotchies Lite ?> ohhh yes,and this is going to age to perfection too ...ummm,I don't get cedar at all,at least not yet anyway...for those who missed out on Scotchies ,you will not be disappointed in this one !!

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of the Weenies I was looking forward to trying... love LOVE Oatmeal Butterscotch cookies! Wet, I get just that! It's awesome, that's when I 'get' the comparison to Scotchies. I'm so bummed though because 20 min my skin has managed to eat all semblance of 'cookies' and I'm left with CEDAR. My skin amps wood for whatever reason, and this is no acception. Lovely, foodie concept though... just like Warm & Toasty ;)

Now that my sniffer is working again, I can definitively say that this one reminds me of puppy paws. You know how puppy paws always smell a little bit salty & just an eensy-weensy bit sweet? (Some people say they smell like corn chips, but this does NOT smell anything like corn chips - maybe it's the cedar not that's doing this? I've never had cedar behave like salt before though... :huh: ). For me this has that faintly sweet, just a sprinkle of salt kind of smell to it... and because it reminds me so much of puppy feets, I love it! :wub: I can smell the "Animal Cracker", but it's the puppy smell association that has me hooked! It's just such a HAPPY smell, it makes me feel HAPPY too! :D :D :D It's Puppy Paw Crackers in my world! :lol:

• 1 month later...

This is one where I began to think my bottle was a mistake, because it has mostly sat unloved on my bedside table while I have blown through most of my Warm and Toasty and Sugared Coffee. Tonight I fully intended to reach for something else, and found myself slathering Animal Crackers instead, and I'm just blown away by how gorgeously it has settled! It's so interesting, I can absolutely pick out the cedar note and yet the whole thing is the perfect foodie dream. It almost has a lemon-y cast to it now. Just gorgeous, and I think it's more of a winter scent than a fall one for me. Perfect for these long cold snow-covered nights.

• 4 months later...

I don't think I have ever tested this one before. I am a bit behind on all my samples. Immediately it reminds me of those Danish shortbread cookies that come in a blue tin. I think they are Danish. It's very buttery and I can detect the oats. I can also detect a bit of spice like cinnamon. I wonder what is causing it to be a tiny bit cinnamony. Maybe the maple. Overall I am enjoying this scent very much!

• 4 months later...

I've had this in the Weenie sampler, but just purchased this in the sale. Time to start wearing the fall scents! The notes make it sound like it should smell like an oatmeal cookie. Out of the bottle, it actually does smell like an oatmeal cookie. When I apply it, I get an intense whiff of butterscotch. This smells cookie-like but does lean more towards smelling like the actual animal crackers then an oatmeal cookie in my opinion. While it's drying down I also get a hint of cinnamon (which is not in the notes). It then dries down to a nice autumny animal cracker and I get the hint of cedar in the drydown along with sugar. Nice cookie scent!

• 11 months later...

I'm wearing this today. Not really in keeping with the heat. But, I don't care. I'm ready for Fall. Zomg Its,aged so well. And... a maple I can wear!

It's really morphed from the it's NR state. Though, unlike most foodies (they usually cause me to feel full, like I've been baking and tasting for hours), this one makes me hungry. :o Still, I wish I had gone FB.